THE BAY CENTRE
Exciting job opportunity to work for downtown Victoria's premier shopping destination!
Position Title: Guest Services Representative (Full-Time, minimum 30 hours per week)
Department: Guest Services
Position Reports to: Guest Services Supervisor
Hourly Wage Range: $13 - $14 per hour, includes benefits package and vacation
Availability: Applicant must have full availability and be able to work Sundays and evenings. A flexible schedule is preferred.
Location: The Bay Centre
2-1150 Douglas Street
Closing Date: September 5th, 2013
The Bay Centre is looking for a Full-Time Guest Services Representative (GSR) to join the Guest Services team. This position would include a benefits packaging including dental, health, and vacation. There would be a weekly hour guarantee offered of a minimum of 30 hours per week, and applicants must be available on Sundays and weekday evenings.
Working at the Guest Services desk located on the lower level, the GSR is the primary point of contact for both internal and external customers and is focused on providing best in class customer service.
The position is multi-functional across a broad spectrum of guest service responsibilities including:
- Front-line service answering inquiries in person, via telephone and email;
- Gift card sales and promotion;
- Frequent use of a cash register, handling cash, selling sundry items such as bus tickets & passes, newspapers, phone cards and postage;
- Operating the paging system for emergencies or otherwise;
- Controlling the borrowing of strollers and wheelchairs;
- Overseeing and reviewing sales information such as daily journals, reconciliation of daily sales report and inventory level;
- Providing a high level of customer service;
- Other daily duties as assigned by the Guest Services Supervisor.
Applicants must be comfortable assisting customers with inquiries by utilizing knowledge of the Centre to answer questions and concerns in order to enhance the positive image of the Centre and encourage repeat traffic.
- A minimum of two years customer service experience in a related position
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of people, work under pressure, and to multi-task.
- An outgoing, engaging personality who enjoys meeting and working with people.
- Ability to provide concierge-level services to guests and potential guests by exceeding their expectations at all times: The “WOW” factor.
- The ability to think on ones feet and provide solutions to real time questions and issues.
- Able to take direction and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Keen observation skills and awareness of surroundings are important.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Victoria, and the local surrounding areas
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume, to the attention of Michelle Laberge – Guest Services Supervisor. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.