Currently we are seeking individuals for the following position, please take note that this position is time sensitive and we advise you to apply immediately and express your skills and abilities that pertains to the job description.
Job Title: Commissioning Supervisor
- Review Large Generator Interconnect Agreement and be cognizant of site specific interconnect requirements (particularly no-load var or voltage requirements); as it applies to the commissioning plan
- Review Purchase Power Agreement to understand any special requirements for testing and operation
- Review generic Verification & Validation checks; revise them to be site specific and execute checks
- Participate in and provide technical assistance during off-taker commissioning coordination meetings Engineer and/or Project Construction Manager (PCM)
- Assure a timely relay coordination study is completed by the Engineer, approved by the offtaker and transmitted
- Understand station service power source during testing and incorporate into commissioning plan
- Provide construction interface for turnover of facilities
- Coordinating with the PCM, schedule substation testing vendor (if not in EPC scope)
- Assure testing company provides and executes detailed Functional Test Procedure
- Draft a substation commissioning procedure for review by all parties, finalize and manage execution
- Coordinate documentation transmittal (final relay settings issuance, relay review, Orion points database issued) to support critical project milestones
- Witness GSU transformer dress-out and testing by transformer OEM
- Assure transformer Doble tests reports are received in native format
- Assure transformer OEM completes transformer assembly checksheet
- Assure proper transformer oil sampling and forwarding to FPL Central Lab as per V&Vs
- Manage the EPC turnover documents and Testing Firm reports. Obtain, file and turnover to operations all testing documents on a real time basis
- Substation component, relay and functional testing oversight (personally witness Current Transformer polarity and ratio checks; witness pushing of current to relay and metering end users; verify CT ratios match end user expectations)
- Assure red-line drawings are maintained and copy is transmitted to Engineer for revision and final issue.
- Coordinate with and schedule of Utility Protection & Control relay engineer to the site for their oversight of testing; assure completed documentation is readily available for their review; Act as interface between P&C and Construction and/or the off-taking Utility. Assure P&C relay engineer produces a report defining any outstanding items.
- Assure compliance to engineered configuration and relay settings; manage resolution of any discrepancies with the Project Engineer and Engineer of record (no changes to Issued For Construction) drawings without engineering review, concurrence and authorization)
- Coordinate Orion data communications testing by Engineer/Testing Firm with all end users
- Coordinate, schedule and witness end-to-end line carrier and/or OPGW transfer trip testing with off-taker; assure testing is properly documented and signed off
- Coordinate and witness final phase checks by substation testing firm following initial power export
- Assure Operations required NERC documentation is produced, gathered and transmitted. Refer to the documentation checklist.
- Schedule and manage capacitor/reactor/harmonic filter OEM TA commissioning activities and requisite support technicians. Assure coordination of operation with load control PLC and/or turbine supplier wind farm control system.
- Provide any remaining open substation punchlist items
- Attend site project and daily Plan of the Day (POD) meetings
- Assure safe work practices are being followed by test personnel and that construction personnel are aware of all testing
When you join The Bartech Group you launch a career. The Bartech Group, one of North America's largest and fastest-growing staffing firms, continues to elevate the staffing industry to a higher level of thinking. Bartech Enterprise Staffing specializes in temporary and direct placement of Engineering, IT, Technical, Finance & Accounting, and Professional staff.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. If you are currently in a part time, project, temp work, please advise us with your availability of start date.
Indeed - 4 months ago
The Bartech Group, one of America's largest and fastest-growing staffing firms, continues to elevate the staffing industry to a higher level...