The Bargain! Shop Holdings Inc. is one of the most exciting discount general merchandise retailer in Canada, operating 237 stores across Canada including The Bargain! Shop, Red Apple and mymark banners. We are building one of the strongest teams in retailing, with the energy and discipline to make the Company a winner in every market we enter.
Market Leader – Alberta
(Must live within the Grande Prairie/Dawson Creek area)
You will be responsible for the overall performance of a home store, and responsible for the daily operations and budget of an assigned group of stores. You will give guidance, coach and direct Store Managers on a regular basis to ensure proper execution of our Customer Experience Standards and Programs.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the Company’s vision and communicate to Store Managers to ensure that goals and performance standards are clear and understood.
- Motivate Store Managers and Associates to perform to their fullest potential and help promote open and friendly store environments.
- Visit stores as required.
- Work with various store financials by analyzing and guiding the Store Manager to ensure targets are on track.
- Assist District Manager with various projects or other district issues as they arise.
- Delegate directives to Store Managers and follow up to ensure execution.
- Assist Store Managers with control and maintenance of proper stock levels.
- Ensure implementation of loss prevention procedures and tools and ensure corrective actions are completed that may be required from audits.
- Ensure own store has senior keyholder that is trained to run the store in absence of the Assistant District Manager (Market Leader).
- Email priorities to stores on a weekly basis and follow-up to ensure understanding and compliance.
You have a minimum of 2 years of retail management experience, a High School Diploma or GED, Intermediate knowledge of store routine and tasks, superior relationship building, coaching, and leadership skills. You possess excellent communication, organization, planning & analytical skills combined with strong customer service skills. If you welcome challenge, have a strong passion for the retail industry then please reply to:
The Bargain! Shop Holdings Inc.
Human Resources Dept
Fax: (905) 293-7696
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.