The Banff Centre Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Housekeeping department hiring process racist. Union useless and never in office
Building Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB10 December 2016
This is for the housekeeping/custodial(building service worker) department A few good people keep the place running, but overall very poorly managed. Experienced Canadian will be turned down for inexperienced phillepenos time and time again. Also discipline is focused on non-philipeno employees. If you speak against management you wil be targeted and eventually outed.

High turn over rate (saw over seven people quit or be wrongfully dismissed within a few months). Supervisors treat you as expendable.

Benefits don't kick in for six months.
Pros
Good pay. Banff centre perks
Cons
Poorly managed, racist, poor hiring process
No clear direction
Painter's assistant (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB27 March 2017
i found the banff centre to be a great place if your looking for a cheap staff acom, the banff centre is the best bet. besides that most the management is there, because they have worked there the longest. not the best qualified people
Pros
cheap staff acom
Cons
Lots of people just counting the days till retirement
Fun, Creative and Fast Pace Enviroment
Pantry Cook (Internship Only) (Former Employee) –  Banff, Alberta13 February 2014
Duties- make sandwiches, veg and fruit platters as well as cheese platters and salads. prepare side dishes for buffet such as steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes. set up buffet and serve on the buffet. I learned alot at the Banff Centre i learned to be more creative with food and work in a time limit enviroment. the people i worked with were fun and encouraging.
Extremely collaborative and inspiring
NBC Sponsored Field Producer/Director (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB5 November 2014
Being surrounded in a mountain environment around people that are passionate about what they do really affects the quality of your work. Working at the Banff Centre has been my best work & life experience and I would recommend the place to anyone.
Fun workplace within a Union
Food & Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB12 June 2014
We had a beautiful view of the Rocky Mountains, were treated well, paid well, etc. I enjoyed working with my friends and my awesome supervisors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Banff Centre. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5