Full-time/Permanent Senior Cook
Our Hospitality Client is considered one of Canada's premier recreational clubs and is seeking an experienced and established Senior Cook to support a fast-paced high volume bistro and banquet operation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside a Top Chef Canada's finalist!
LOCATION: Downtown Toronto
START DATE: A.S.A.P.
· Primarily responsible for Line Cook duties
· Reports to and receives functional direction from the Executive Chef and Sous-Chefs
· Performs other tasks as assigned by Executive Chef, Sous-Chefs and management
· Communicates any anticipated shortages to the Executive Chef or Sous-Chefs
· Ensures that all stocks are being kept securely in the specified conditions
· Maintains internal/external contact with members, vendors, managers and staff
· Attends weekly departmental meetings
· Works in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act regulations and the Club's Health and Safety policies and procedures.
· Must have 5+ years of culinary experience within established corporate fine dining locations
· Incumbent must have completed accredited culinary education
· Ability to work independently and under pressure in a high-paced and high-volume environment
· Knowledge of food ingredients and food preparation when dealing with members
· Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
PAY RATE: pay rate will be determined based on skills and experience
HOURS OF WORK:
· Standard business work week will be 40+ hours a week - the Club is a 7 day/week operation - schedule may vary from week to week
· Incumbent is required to work evenings for committee meetings
· Summer/seasonal hours require weekend coverage based on business demands
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please reply to this posting and include the position title in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants for their interest but please note that only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.