For more than thirty years The BID Group has been providing turnkey solutions for industrial projects, with a focus on the forest sector. Our expertise lies in finding solutions that fit our customers’ unique requirements.
From planning and project detailing to fabrication, installation and maintenance, we provide on time and on budget services for every stage of our projects.
We are currently looking for a Structural Engineer to become part of our team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will
- Be responsible for developing and executing designs for machinery supports, foundations, and both new and rehabilitated structural steel buildings.
- Liaise with other disciplines in the company such as mechanical engineers, designers and project managers to ensure cost effective and efficient overall design.
- Prepare drawings and documents for required permitting and approvals.
- Perform field reviews and site inspections to ensure quality control, and to assist site supervisors with technical issues.
- A Structural Engineering degree from a recognized post-secondary institution
- A professional member in good standing with the APEGBC
- Minimum 8 years experience in steel infrastructure and concrete foundations
- Ability to meet project deadlines
- Project Management experience
- Familiar with AutoCAD
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Innovative – the ability to look for efficient and cost-effective solutions
- Flexible – the ability to work and focus on multiple projects simultaneously
- Communication – the ability to work with and understand team members in other disciplines of the project(s)
- Ability to travel within BC a must
- Head engineering office located in Prince George, with subsidiary offices in Vanderhoof, Salmon Arm, and Vancouver.
At BID we offer employee and management benefits, a safety-first attitude, and a management team that encourages professional development. If you enjoy working at a fast pace, appreciate a dynamic working environment and are professional in your customer and co-worker relationships, we want to hear from you.
Please note, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
BID Group was established in 1985 by John Thompson, now Managing Director. In the 1980s, the company was formally known as Bolton Industrial...