The Athletic Club

The Athletic Club Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun work environment!
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT/ MEMBERSHIP SALES (Former Employee), Guelph, ONSeptember 8, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is connecting with the members- everyone is happy when they are changing their life for the better!
Busy, Team Oriented and Strive for excellent
Membership Administrator (Current Employee), Orleans, ONOctober 29, 2013
Pros: monthly staff appreciation days, flexible schedule
Cons: hourly rate
Its a very busy club. The management are friendly and understanding. My Co owrkers are really nice too! A typical day I process all memerberships and any account changes. Record all financial payments and enter all banking information. Maintain filing, and office suppies.
productive, fun environment to work in
Overnight Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 8, 2013
Pros: free membership, pizza friday's
Cons: long and lonely working overnight
I work the overnight shift (11:00-7:00am) I work at the front desk for half my shift, I greet the members, fill out paperwork for starting/cancelling a membership, admin forms for time off. The other half of my shift I am a custodian, I clean all the machines in the gym, as well as bathrooms, floors...
The people I work with are truly awesome! we are – more... all friends there and try to see each other outside of work as often as we can. That's the best part about working there, and it helps that we get a free membership! – less
Great co-workers
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMarch 13, 2013
Pros: great hours
Cons: no respect
Fast paced go go go all day. Repairs to everything. Lots of pressure to maintain the facility. Fixing things right the first time so you don't have to do it again. Making members feel welcome and to respect there concerns. I loved the challenge of it all which makes it alot of fun. Being on the same page with my staff and seeing eye to eye with them.
If you want to be treated with respect do not apply.
CSA (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 6, 2013
Pros: free membership
Cons: degrading work environment
This company doesn't care for the little people. They would rather replace employees that keep quality workers. Management likes to criticize all mistakes but take no responsibility for their own.
Great Job
Lifeguard/ Swim instructor (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 18, 2012
I arrive at work 15 minutes prior to my shift. When I instuct kids I take attendence, ask them about their day and make them feel comfortable in the water and the class. When teaching I make a lesson plan prior to coming to work so that I am prepared and ready for the class. I love teaching, the kids have taugh me so much! Its a great experience. The – more... co-workers are very friendly and we are a really great team. Hardest part of the job is telling a child that she/he has not passed the course, its hard to tell someone that has worked so hard in that course that they have not succeeded. – less
People in the entry positions aren't the problem.
CSA (Former Employee), London, OnMarch 1, 2012
Same as most big name gym's, only try to make money and care little about those in the gym. Also I left on my own terms to pursue my goals, so no ill will towards the people there but it's getting worse not better there.
Self Motivated Position
Personal Trainer and Club Promotions Specialist (Former Employee), Wapakoneta, OHApril 1, 2013
Creating new personal training clients through advertisement can be both lucrative and empty. However, all praise and blame falls back on yourself.
Great to place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Guelph onMarch 8, 2012
Great place to work, but don't expect it to be a full time career, not enough pay.

About The Athletic Club

For 100 years the Missouri Athletic Club has set new standards in athletic programs and facilities, as well as professional, social, – Read more