The Athletic Club Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
productive place to work, very supportive to employees, flexible with schedule. Less successful in the area of job security.
Group Fitness Instructor & Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 1, 2015
This gym provides a good balance between work and maintaining a healthy personal life.
This attitude was demonstrated in many areas of the working environment such as genuinely welcoming new comers, taking the time for properly training employees, having an open door policy for management, flexibility of schedules if required and a relaxed yet structured environment.
A serious problem is with the withholding of the final pay with undue reason. Unfortunately this is a widely experienced issue.
Every level of management will suddenly turn their backs on a once valued employee to protect the company and its unproven lie of having provided the last pay.
I have both witnessed this and been the recipient when I choose to leave.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
Last pay withheld without reason/claims to have provided pay
Fun, exciting and luxurious place to work.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Fantastic workplace with exceptional management and employees. Large, luxurious facility that caters to all different clientele with profoundly knowledgable and friendly staff.
Pros
Free gym membership, free sauna and pool facilities as well as classes.
Cons
Unreliable income. Large gaps during "off-time" during the day while clients are at work.
productive workplace
Technicien de surface (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 11, 2015
arrive at work, fulfill my dutty, do my daily task. How you can work hard. Management was not terrible, my co-workers were nice and respectfull.
Fun work environment!
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT/ MEMBERSHIP SALES (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONSeptember 8, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is connecting with the members- everyone is happy when they are changing their life for the better!
Busy, Team Oriented and Strive for excellent
Membership Administrator (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONOctober 29, 2013
Its a very busy club. The management are friendly and understanding. My Co owrkers are really nice too! A typical day I process all memerberships and any account changes. Record all financial payments and enter all banking information. Maintain filing, and office suppies.
Pros
monthly staff appreciation days, flexible schedule
Cons
hourly rate
Great co-workers
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMarch 13, 2013
Fast paced go go go all day. Repairs to everything. Lots of pressure to maintain the facility. Fixing things right the first time so you don't have to do it again. Making members feel welcome and to respect there concerns. I loved the challenge of it all which makes it alot of fun. Being on the same page with my staff and seeing eye to eye with them.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no respect
If you want to be treated with respect do not apply.
CSA (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 6, 2013
This company doesn't care for the little people. They would rather replace employees that keep quality workers. Management likes to criticize all mistakes but take no responsibility for their own.
Pros
free membership
Cons
degrading work environment
Fun and exciting work place.
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, ONFebruary 25, 2013
My day consisted of socializing with members. Providing knowledge of equipment to the members. Ensuring the cleanliness and safety of the facilities.

This was a very enjoyable work environment, providing me with the ability to balance my work and home life.
Pros
free gym membership
Great Job
Lifeguard/ Swim instructor (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 18, 2012
I arrive at work 15 minutes prior to my shift. When I instuct kids I take attendence, ask them about their day and make them feel comfortable in the water and the class. When teaching I make a lesson plan prior to coming to work so that I am prepared and ready for the class. I love teaching, the kids have taugh me so much! Its a great experience. The co-workers are very friendly and we are a really great team. Hardest part of the job is telling a child that she/he has not passed the course, its hard to tell someone that has worked so hard in that course that they have not succeeded.
People in the entry positions aren't the problem.
CSA (Former Employee) –  London, OnMarch 1, 2012
Same as most big name gym's, only try to make money and care little about those in the gym. Also I left on my own terms to pursue my goals, so no ill will towards the people there but it's getting worse not better there.
Un bon environnement de travail
Customer Service Associate- night shift (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Bon emploi pour un débutant
Un bon service de management
Bonne collaboration entre les différents services au Club
Un milieu très actif
Beaucoup de chose a apprendre dans le service a la clientèle
Trop fatiguant
Pros
bon travail de groupe entre le staf avec une bonne collaboration
Cons
le salaire est au minimum