Meetings Assistant (Calgary)
A great opportunity is available to become a part of a team that makes a difference in the community. Since 1920, APEGA has been a vibrant and progressive self-governing association fulfilling the mandate given to it by the Engineering and Geoscience Professions (EGP) Act. APEGA serves the public interest by regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience in Alberta, by providing leadership for our professions, and by upholding our 70,000 members in their professional practices.
Reporting to the Calgary Office Manager, the Meetings Assistant provides consistency with meeting and event preparation and clean up. The incumbent will be a central point of contact for coordinating all meetings and events at Calgary Office and occasionally other locations.
- Coordinate all meetings which occur in Calgary office
- Monitor, update and enter information of all meetings in online calendar
- Order catering for meetings, greet caterer and direct the catering to appropriate meeting
- Build and maintain excellent rapport with caterers and vendors
- Set up meeting rooms with specified requirements from meeting organizer
- Register and greet attendees
- Ensure complete knowledge of all facility equipment and provide first line troubleshooting
- Monitor refreshments during meetings and provide refills
- Regular maintenance of meeting rooms, kitchen and other facility related items
- Set up and tear down of office decorations
- Assist in coordinating off-site office events and special events
- Other reception and administrative duties as required
Skills & Attributes:
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Organizational and time management skills are necessary
- Excellent communication skills: both verbal and written
- Use of scheduling and communication tools
- Practical and innovative problem solving skills
- Strong client service skills
- Demonstrated professionalism, both in demeanor and appearance
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task
- Able to self-motivate
- Ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility
- Proven ability to effectively work independently and in a team setting
- High School Diploma / Administration Diploma / Hospitality Certificate
- 1 year working in similar administrative role or 2 year hotel experience
- Banquet and /or serving experience an asset
- AV or technical experience is an asset
Closing Date: Until successful candidate found.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and salary expectations to Human Resources by email.
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.