The Arts Connection is a leading center for arts and educational programming in Richmond, B.C. We strive to enrich people’s lives by connecting them to the worlds of visual arts, music, dance, literary arts, languages, chess and STEM through exceptional programs for children, teens and adults.
We are currently looking for a talented and enthusiastic Marketing Assistant (part time) to join our team. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Director, the Marketing Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the development, coordination and implementation of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the organization. This position will start at approximately 16 hours weekly, with the possibility of increased hours in the future.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain hands-on marketing experience in an artistic, dynamic and growing organization.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting in all areas of marketing and communication initiatives including:
internal / client communication
- Liaising and corresponding with outside vendors and suppliers to create marketing materials
- Monitoring the production and overseeing the distribution of marketing materials
- Assisting with drafting press and media releases
- Liaising with public relations and media contacts, as directed by the Marketing and Communications Director
- Consistently maintaining a high level of working knowledge of all company programs
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of marketing events
- Attending marketing events as required
- Tracking, coordinating and assembling data for use in evaluating the success of marketing programs
- Any special projects or duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Current student or graduate of a recognized marketing, business or other related program
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Basic working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop / Adobe Illustrator or Corel Photopaint / Corel Draw
- Experience working with multiple social media platforms
- Ability to create copy that is engaging, compelling and audience appropriate
- Ability to accurately proofread and edit copy for clarity, spelling and grammar
- Experience with Adobe InDesign / Premiere and After Effects preferred
- Proven experience in a similar role an asset.
Skills / Attributes:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and adaptable in approach to problem solving
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Solid team player
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Strong decision making skills
- Eager to learn and motivated by results
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work within tight deadlines
For more information about The Arts Connection, please visit our website at theartsconnection.org.
To apply, please respond to this posting by forwarding your resume and cover letter. Please indicate "Marketing Assistant" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.