The Arthritis Society has been setting lives in motion for over 65 years. Dedicated to a vision of living well while creating a future without arthritis, The Society is Canada’s principal health charity providing education, programs and support to the over 4.6 million Canadians living with arthritis. Since its founding in 1948, The Society has been the largest non‐government funder of arthritis research in Canada, investing more than $185 million in projects that have led to breakthroughs in the diagnosis, treatment and care of people with arthritis. The Arthritis Society is accredited under Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
Reporting to the Education, Finance Clerk & Volunteer Coordinator, the Revenue Development, Education Programs Assistant and Office Assistant will be responsible primarily for assisting with fundraising initiatives and educational programs.
- Supporting and promoting the mission, objectives and programs of The Arthritis Society
- Assisting with the development and implementation of fundraising activities, including Walk to Fight Arthritis
- Helping with the coordination and delivery of Arthritis Society educational programs, forums and displays
- Developing promotion and delivery plans for age and culturally specific education programs, including data entry
- Assisting with event logistics and volunteer management
- Answering telephones and providing day-to-day administrative support
- Additional duties as required
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
-Must be returning to a post-secondary institution in the fall on a full-time basis
-Must be outgoing, professional and assertive with exceptional interpersonal skills
-Must demonstrate strong organizational skills
-Should have excellent oral and written communication skills, work cooperatively and effectively with others, possess the ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary, have excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail
-Effective interpersonal, problem solving and conflict resolution skills are essential
-Must be proficient in MS Office and other related computer skills
-May be required to work some evenings and weekends
-The anticipated start date for this position is May 12, 2014 (flexible)
-Pay: $12.00 per hour at 35 hours per week
-The duration of this role is 14 weeks in length, ceasing August 15, 2014
-This position will particularly benefit someone studying in the health care and administration fields
Please forward cover letter and resume to:
Education, Finance Clerk & Volunteer Coordination
Applications must be received by close of business on May 7, 2014.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are encouraged to visit our web site at: www.arthritis.ca/careers