- The successful candidate will participate as part of a team to harvest product requirements from internal and external customers, define plans to deliver the required functionality, contribute in the development of products, and support issues identified from the field. As part of product development, the successful candidate is responsible for translating requirements into hardware and software solutions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities “The Work”:
- Under the guidance/direction of senior developers, develop software to provide product functionality.
- Create design requirements from marketing input
- Assist Sales engineering with requirements definition
- Develop solutions to customer requirements
- Experiment through prototyping concepts
- Produce design specifications to outside developers
- Develop products that meet all quality aspects EX: fit /form/function manufacturability testability …
- Enhance and maintain existing embedded application software.
- Perform work item breakdowns and provide input to project scheduling via effort estimates.
- Document and review requirements and designs with peers and stake holders.
- Develop and maintain embedded software applications.
- Assist in hardware development where needed
- Document, review and execute unit test cases for embedded software applications.
- Provide support throughout the product verification cycle.
- Participate in code inspections.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years debug experience. A background in instrumentation or test engineering would be an asset.
Indeed - 20 months ago