COMPENSATION: $30.00 Per Hour
LENGTH: Long Term Contract
As a member of the Global Supply Chain department, manage the daily activities of hourly team members to ensure production needs are met and targets achieved in a safe manner.
- Ensure all hourly team members conduct their activities in a safe manner
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Investigation of any safety incidents including near misses
- Institute disciplinary action when required
- Make changes to the Material Handling operating procedures
- Ensure communication and compliance to all safety items
- Ensure all fork trucks and tuggers are in good operating condition – all preventative maintenance is complete and all identified issues are repaired on a timely basis
- Ensure that any racks needing repair are removed from the system (approx.10,000) immediately, and that no racks re-enter the system without repairs complete
- Direct the work of hourly team members
- Assess daily staffing levels and modify job assignments as required
- Ensure hourly team members have the tools required to do their job
- Communication of all relevant information – safety, production, departmental changes etc.
- Administer the provisions of the Collective agreement
- Ensure all training requirements are met (hearing, fork truck, versatility etc)
- Make recommendations on the development of materials computer systems (i.e. EPS (Electronic Pull System – call button system)
- Assist in the development and maintenance of efficient methods and layouts for the delivery of parts
- Analyze dock schedule and direct our Lead Logistic Provider (LLP) to make necessary changes
- Create and improve material delivery routes
- Storage area arrangement
- Minimum and maximum quantities (based on stock area, line speed, packaging density etc.)
- Bank quantity determination and maintenance (based on stock area, line speed, packaging density etc.)
- Responsible to ensure parts sequenced in house (wire harnesses, fascias, door handles) are presented to the production line in the correct sequence and at the right quality level
- Perform other duties as required
- University degree or equivalent experience and education, in a related field.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing process
- Familiarity with collective agreements, employment legislation, health and safety requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills,
- Strong computer skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to recognize individual learning curves and provide support and coaching to aid development
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills to effectively prioritize and multi task.
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Excellent customer service skills
The AIM Group established in 1988 has grown to a global network of companies providing staffing solutions. These companies provide a diverse...