- Provides consultation and advice regarding organizational design (structure, processes), using a whole systems approach, and monitors processes and performance-related human resource programs that contribute to, and ensure, effective operations within the organization.
- Provides services in organizational design, organizational change management, workforce planning and expertise management, by providing expertise, conducting research, implementing best practices, as well as assessing service delivery improvement.
- Leads the development and implementation of a strategic Workforce Plan that involves identifying, assessing, developing and sustaining employee workforce skills required to successfully accomplish business goals and priorities.
- Conducts environment scans to identify emerging trends and assess issues and the internal business environment within the organization.
- Updates the workforce plan to addresses the supply and development of appropriately skilled employees.
- Takes a lead role in the development and execution of an Expertise Management model and supporting processes.
- Takes a lead role ensuring that processes and activities are aligned with priorities, and resources are in the right places and to achieve the desired results.
- Provides leadership, consultation and coaching on programs and initiatives by acting as professional counsel on process improvement issues.
- For all process improvement initiatives, develops and/or ensures a communications strategy is developed as part of the project plan to ensure changes are understood and incorporated.
- Facilitates and delivers workshops with management to ensure successful implementation of programs and initiatives.
- Provides oversight and support for the implementation of changes to roles and responsibilities, and to governing documentation.
- Ensures organizational change management is adhered to when: creating new or removing organizational units, modifying an organizational unit’s responsibility by adding or removing positions, or creating new positions, initiating transfer of work and positions from one organizational unit to another, changing the definitions of roles and responsibilities of existing positions.
- Identifies and evaluates industry best practices and benchmarks performance metrics and business level reporting.
- Oversees the development and implementation of effective and appropriate metrics, and the systems to track them.
- Monitors the performance of the various projects or initiatives against targets/metrics and oversees the production of regular reports.
- Facilitates organizational updates, and incorporate enhancements.
- Leads project team to prepare reports for management defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions.
- A Bachelor's degree in a field related to Social Sciences, Human Resources, Organizational Effectiveness/Development, or Human Factors,
- 10 to 15+ years of experience in organizational design and effectiveness and strategic workforce planning and/or statistical analysis or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge through direct experience of organizational design, workforce demand and supply models, learning concepts, knowledge management methods and techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of organizational design process of collaboration and a whole-systems perspective.
- Takes into account the formal structure, accountabilities, reporting relationships; the key linkages through the various programs and units relate, the culture effective organization.
- Knowledge of workforce planning models used to plan for future labour needs, changes and challenges.
- Ability to strategically examine the current workforce and future workforce demands to develop a human resources plan of action.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex knowledge management issues.
- Extensive practical experience in assessing and capturing knowledge and the implementation of knowledge management and knowledge sharing strategies.
- Able to establish priorities, define action plans, and monitor performance.
- Strong analytical, statistical, quantitative, and deduction skills and ability to make qualitative judgments of organizational structures, process and resource needs in all types and formats.
- Strong problem solving, modeling and analytical skills and capacity for thorough and accurate compilation of data.
- Ability to work in and manage ambiguity - dealing with issues, problems or events that do not always have a process, system or solution in place.
- Demonstrates business acumen competency, business partnerships and business insights on complex organizations
- Strong leadership ability, with experience in leading cross-functional / diverse teams and strong interpersonal skills that support formation of business relationships and open and honest dialogue.
- Ability to negotiate effectively and achieve results through others using non-authoritative means; e.g. influence, persuasion, etc.
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills, with experience in developing and delivering workshops.
- Must have exceptional and effective written and oral communication skills; as well as presentation skills.
- Must be highly skilled in process mapping, statistics, etc.
- Fully functional with MS Office, Excel, Access and Power Point applications and web-based management systems
Indeed - 17 months ago