THAMES VALLEY DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employee Reviews

Thames Valley District School Board was a great place to work.
Primary Teacher (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 October 2017
Teaching full time was a wonderful profession but given the option to retire, I took it. I love being retired but am looking forward to rewarding part time employment.
lunch supervisor
Lunch hour Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 July 2017
great place to work. I enojoyed going in daily and they are very understanding and diverse. They follow all protocols an procedures effectively. I would refer this organization to anymore if you have the chance to work here do it.
Safe, inclusive
Teacher (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 March 2017
Typical day at work: check mail, teach 3 classes, do lesson planning and marking during prep period. Sometimes prep period included covering other teacher's classes. Attend after school meetings, including interviews with parents. Bring home hours of work each night.

Hardest part of job would be teaching up to three courses during one class period.

Most enjoyable part of job was being in the classroom with students who were eager to learn and succeed.

It is a safe, inclusive working environment. I received support from faculty and staff.
Rewarding
Noon-Hour Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Summers Corners, ON19 October 2016
Working as a noon hour supervisor was enjoyable. I would spend 20 minutes inside helping children with their lunches and then spend 40 minutes outside watching the play and interact with their firends.
Great Company
Trillium/Guidance Secretary (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 October 2016
Great Company. Enjoy my job. Excellent opportunity for advancement. I like getting to know the students and watching them grow and learn from year to year.
A fun and sometimes challenging place to work.
Lunch Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 September 2016
For the most part, this was an enjoyable job. Staff was always willing to assist when problems with students arose.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with uncooperative students who were disrespectful toward myself and my co-workers.

Some students were a joy to interact with, telling me jokes and sharing funny stories about themselves or their siblings.
Pros
Interaction with staff and students
Cons
Standing outside on cold winter days
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 September 2016
Thames Valley is a great school board to work for, promoting inclusion for all students and education. Love working for Thames Valley.
occasional teacher
Occasional Teacher (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 January 2016
Great employer, gained a lot of experience and contacts in the teaching community. I loved the interview set up, it was very unique and thoughtful.
Large school board with many opportunities to learn
Elementary School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON23 November 2015
School board that is about staying on track and meeting targets. Many opportunities to do workshops and other educational experiences to enhance the employees ability to do the job. Lots of red tape and politics for many things within the company that can make advancement very difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with many different people (colleagues and clients alike) and learning how to accommodate and problem solve.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Many very opinionated employees (lack of cohesion)
Systems Operating Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON7 October 2015
Great place to work, great benefits, friendly staff. Every place has its Pro's and Con's and no place is perfect the sooner you learn this the better off everyone will be.
Supply Teacher
Elementary School Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  thames valley10 July 2015
You are expected to:
- On your first visit to a school, you are required to produce your ID
- Arrive in good time for your placement with time to prepare
- Familiarise yourself with the school and key members of staff
- If covering for a form tutor, take the morning register
- Provide break-time supervision if required
- Complete any necessary marking for the class
- Leave the classroom in a tidy state
- Provide a brief commentary on the day – the work covered, pupil effort, any problems etc. for the returning teacher.
Pros
educating children
Cons
behaviour issues
Enjoy working with children
Part Time Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  London ontario20 May 2015
Being an EA is great. I am able to be a positive role model as well to support the students with their complex needs. Love being able to support them with different techniques. Being able to help the students improve their behaviours and academics puts a smile on my face !
Ea
Temporary Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 February 2015
I worked one on one with children with special needs in a classroom helping them complete academic success and make every day as wonderful as it can be.
Extremely demanding.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 September 2014
It was an extremely demanding job. However, my coworkers and the students made each day very enjoyable and satisfying.
Pros
Working with Children.
Cons
Lack of support from Principal.
No day is ever the same and each experience brings new learning.
Occasional Teacher (Current Employee) –  London, Ontario19 June 2014
As a occasional teacher with the Thames Valley District School Board I am employed from September to June at various schools in the District. The duration of the job leaves me available for positions at other work places for the months of July and August. As I am in many different schools throughout the year I get a glimpse of new strategies, resources and program information. I enjoy meeting many new students and for the most part the teachers and staff at the schools are very friendly. I have only met a handful of the principals at the schools and the principals that introduce themselves to me always seem to have the most polite students in their schools. The hardest part of the job is getting last minute calls to a school I've never heard of and then trying to find that school on time. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the students and learning what they are interested in and what makes kids these days tick.
Pros
Gaining new ideas and engaging in different opportunities
Cons
Working in different locations everyday, some are close and some are far.
Extremely rewarding to work with children, unfortunately very difficult job market
Occasional Teacher (Former Employee) –  London, Ont6 July 2013
I loved being a teacher, and helping students reach their goals. Unfortunately, the job market for teachers is extremely difficult and I decided to make a career change that would allow me to prove my abilities to my full potential.
Excellant place to work, with many opportunities to learn
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elementry School4 July 2013
I have been an employee of TVDSB for 12 years, and have learned many wonderful exciting ways to enhance childrens lives. The hardest part of the job is having to say goodbye to your students that move on to better opportunities. The most enjoyable part of my job is to see the sucesses,that each student can achieve.
Pros
many friendships
Great place to work!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 April 2013
I love working for this school board. I have gained much experience and everyone is very friendly and outgoing.
Productive and fun workplace
Tutor (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 April 2013
I enjoy my job at Thames Valley District School Board very much! I am very lucky to be involved with such a great organization.
a great place to work.
OCCASIONAL TEACHER (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 January 2013
As a supply teacher, I would go in and work when I would be called in. The work as of now is limited but it was great to be working with children. The hardest part was not knowing when you were going to be working.