Thales

Thales Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The job gave a lot of opportunities for personal and professional development
Deployment Manager (Former Employee), KabulSeptember 26, 2013
Cons: very long hours
During last years I have been working for THALES Communications being in charge of Deployment of one of biggest Program. This has been to provide comms for ISAF troops in Afghanistan. Working for Thales and also in an environment of as such gave me plenty of opportunities for professional development.
Great company
Corporate Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Neuilly-sur-Seine, FranceSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
This opportunity was a great experience for me to learn how to manage and implement budgets as well as perform analysis to ensure costs were kept in line.
Good Salary and Good Benefits
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Country and WorldwideSeptember 22, 2013
I get to work side by side with the customer, mostly at their sites,
which can be very enjoyable.
Great people
Technician (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 6, 2013
I enjoyed working with the people in productions. Very friendly and we learned much from each other.
Very pressured jobs.
Test Technician III (Former Employee), Irvine,CAAugust 23, 2013
I learned Audio and Video products for arospace. Co-workers good but management was poor.
Hardworking, punctual and Great people to work with
Storage hand (Former Employee), BendigoJuly 31, 2013
I really enjoyed my time doing work experience at Thales i got to see all side and aspects of the Australian APC the Bushmaster.
No Review
Team Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), Tukwilla WAJuly 5, 2013
Good place to work. Spent 12 years there until company moved to New Jersey.
The opportunity to work with the Marine Corps on the Optimized Top Owl (OTO) program truly was an honor.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), AbroadJune 13, 2013
I was very impressed with everyone on the project. The mission was to transition the Marine Corps from a cockpit display to a helmet mounted display system compatible with new style Hueys and Cobras. The team’s dedication to supporting the product and the Marines was commendable. As the sole Field Service Representative assigned to the 11th MEU and – more... later the East Coast, my face-to-face contact with anyone from Thales was minimal. Despite the distance, everyone on OTO made a concerted effort to share information and collaborate to find viable solutions. The position was dynamic and responsibilities varied to include pilot training, logistic support, failure tracking, software configuration, etc… – less
Good working environment
Alcatel switchboard operator/receptionist (Current Employee), Crawley, ENGJune 12, 2013
Pros: staff canteen facilities, flexible hours
Cons: not really enough to do on quiet days
There is no typical day on the main Reception! Work involves greeting visitors and making sure they are escorted at all times. The important part of this job is working as a team with colleagues, to ensure visitors have a pleasurable experience as the first port of call in a company with over 3,000 employees. It can be challenging, and it is important – more... to keep calm under pressure. Every day is different, and this is the most enjoyable part. – less
One of the Best Company's to work for
Manager, Purchasing and Planning (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 24, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: there are none
Please is Great, Great people and Management. Regret leaving
x
HR Business Partner (Current Employee), CrawleyApril 24, 2013
Pros: x
Cons: x
A generalist HR role within an Engineering Company. There are not two days the same at work.
Strong focus on people and professional development. Good company to work for, however lack of international opportunities.
Strategic Marketing Manager (Current Employee), GlasgowApril 22, 2013
Pros: the people and culture.
Cons: lack of international opportunities for career progression.
Fantastic learning experience working predominately in the Defence and Security business on an international basis.

Good management of both the day to day runnings of the company and also of the staff and their professional development.

Typical day at work would involved manage the marketing, strategy and communication of various product lines across – more... a worldwide basis and also the entire product line portfolio across the Middle East and Africa.

Great team working environment and cross department interaction between Sales, Marketing, Comms, Business Development.

Hardest part of the job would be the lack of international opportunities to progress into.

Enjoyable part of the job working from new entry level staff right the way through to senior members of the board on a daily basis. – less
Excellent graduate company.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), CrawleyApril 15, 2013
Pros: training, culture, support, starting salary, on site facilities.
Cons: only one for me was the distance from home, sites are strategically located through the uk (and abroad), so must be willing to move.
Plenty of scope for skills and knowledge expansion, along with great opportunities to work in different areas of the company. The starting salary is above average for most graduate employers, with an excellent graduate development programme.
Challenging and productive workplace
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Madrid, IAApril 6, 2013
Great workplace to start a career and get experience. Different interesting projects with the High Speed Spanish Railway Lines.
Interesting work and good work/life balance
Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee), CrawleyMarch 9, 2013
Pros: varied work, technically challenging, good co-workers
Cons: pay and benefits
Challenging and varied work across many sectors in defense and rail. The projects are a lot longer than commercial sector and designs are challenging due harsh requirements.
I have been to exposed to a variety of technologies most of which are cutting edge but certainly not bleeding edge.
All designs must be supportable for a long time and in most cases – more... Test solutions need to last around 25 years and lead me to focus on good and flexible design and managing obsolescence.
The challenges lies with big company management style and budget constraints from national customers (MOD) but in the most case a good place to work, key are my co-workers a great laugh and technically highly skilled.
I have learned a lot about quality not quantity of documentation and code/design control and development life-cycles on large complex projects. – less
Great experience, extremely beneficial
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Valence, FranceFebruary 19, 2013
Department of Navigation

Designed a program able to validate the predictions given by the FMS (Flight Management System) for ATR 42, ATR 72 and Sikorsky S-76.S 76.

Improved my skills in Visual Basic and system design, learnt basic principles in Flight
Management and Avionics.
New unexplored Industry for growth in Software Industry
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: good work, sometimes boring
Cons: no good pay for city of irvine. no stock options as company is not listed
Thales IFE gives you a totally unexplored region of Software Engineering which In-Flight Entertainment. It is new and you can contribute with your new ideas and all.
good place to work good ethics
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Edison, NJNovember 12, 2012
Posting vendors invoices and posting expense reports for payment.
My co-workers all had varying personalities. The hardest part of my job was leaving it.
Friendly with music
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee), Raynes ParkOctober 17, 2012
Pros: free lunches, works socials.
Cons: long hours 7am-4pm
A lot of lifting and cleaning, Washing up and sometimes shopping for food, or cleaning stock.
worked all together
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Clarksburg, MDOctober 14, 2012
Pros: would bring in food and all share
gathering your work ,we worked from different tables at a time they would train for different work areas.Managment was good they would come bye and see if everything was ok.Coworkers we very nice to work with they would help you if you did t understand.no hardest part.getting your work out for the order they needed done.