Thales

Thales Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Modern, State of the Art, People Friendly Workplace
Contract Wiring & Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Crawley, ENGJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: cutting edge technology, state of the art environment, flexible hours, restaurant facility
A typical work day would encompass:-

Progressing current unit build with logistic support through planning, management team and test department as required. Supported by management at team "stand up meetings" with engineering, logistics and technical support to facilitate all issues, keeping project progress live, relevant and scaleable.

What I have – more... learned:-

My ability to achieve even higher standards of work and enthusiasm were motivated by the "no blame culture" I experienced personally and corporately. The project remained solution based at all times converting problems into solution opportunities, a most welcome and unique experience.

My Management :-

The management were always personable, approachable and motivated, enthusiastic and animated toward all tasks within project. Good communication detailed with emails, intranet news and bulletin updates.

My Co-Workers:-

I was embraced by the team of production technicians with principal technician, always good associate bonding and humour. The experience, technical knowledge, expertise and facilitation was of an unrivaled level, and swift to find.

Hardest part of the job:-

The level of man hours re-focused my ability to adapt to the job pace. I have larger jobs on smaller projects in CV, but this drew skills and ability closer and more mature together, a satisfying and edifying experience.

Most Enjoyable part of job:-

Seeing the cabinet system assembled, tested and running as intended. Then receiving complementary reports from management and client of satisfactions.
Also social activities, out of hours, at company Ten Pin Bowling event, one of many social events, to which I reciprocated by inviting staff to a successful Quiz Night. – less
Has the right idea, but implementation of anything seems impossible
Former HR Employee (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 20, 2013
Pros: you learn to adapt to quick change and agility is key
Cons: constant change and not always good changes
Thales is a huge multi-national French company. It can be a great place to work, but it does not welcome creativity and innovation they way they profess, at least not in USA. For a high tech organization all of they systems are rather outdated. It was just this year that a paperless system was put into place for expense reports. All projects within – more... the function areas (HR, Legal, Communications, Finance, Operations) are complex and require level after level of review and approval. This is what happens when you acquire small companies and don't take the time to introduce them to the rest of the family properly. What is the saying...united we stand, divided we fall... yes that is the one. If a person is up for the challenge why not get the great experience, you won't know a good job until you experienced a bad one. There is a big difference between working in the USA for this company vs other countries. Thales Group seems to care a lot for their employees and wants to be a great place to work and strives for that success, however it seems that the morale and energy dies out when it crosses any ocean. As much as we are part of the "Group" there is definitely that step-child feeling. I think this is absolutely the right type of company for certain people, but lacks a lot for our Gen Y. They are putting in idea rooms, try to encourage mind mapping, but they can't even update their own social media sites on a regular because those sites are blocked. Oh yeah they put in a prayer room at my location, seems appropriate because at this point I think a little help from God couldn't hurt. – less
Good work/life balance for a large company.
Personal Assistance (Current Employee), Crawley, West SussexDecember 3, 2013
Pros: 8 hour days and 5 hour friday's
Cons: too many internal processes.
I am working for an international company in the South of England. The company provide security, transport and military products and solutions to the civil and military markets such as the MoD. I am the PA to the Director of Business Development & Sales and the Operations Director within the Avionics department.
Lovely place to work
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee), WeybridgeDecember 2, 2013
All staff really friendly and enjoyed working thre would not be leaving if not for moving..
Challenging environment covering ALL aspects of service delivery
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), DoncasterNovember 26, 2013
Pros: excellent challenging environment
Cons: distance and travel
Desk top service desk Operations networks and data centre day to day activities to deal with.
Good workplace
UK Operations Financial Controller (Former Employee), CrawleyNovember 14, 2013
Varied with no two days the same
Learned to work well with wide variety of stakeholders
Good team
Energetic Workplace with Great People
Human Resources Assistant/Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great people
Cons: poorly trained managers (hired for technical expertise and not management skills)
People at Thales were a pleasure to work with, but its a slow moving environment. It takes several days to get items accomplished if you have to rely on another employee to complete your work. Pay and benefits were comparable to market.
Top Notch Employer
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VANovember 1, 2013
Great manager. Skilled, friendly co-workers. Promotes continuing education,
A good company in a challenging industry
Staff Engineer (Current Employee), Clarksburg, MDOctober 20, 2013
It is a good company. The business has become more and more challenging as the government sequestration goes on.
Good Place to work with challenge and reward, with good benefits, wrong location
Engineering Bid Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: cultures of long lasting ethnic groups of employess
Manage the bid preparation of engineering non recurring tasks, and hardware bills of material for custom in flight entertainment systems on large commercial aircraft, broadband connectivity solutions, cost benefit analysis, task detail summaries, schedules, bid kickoff meetings for commercial clients and global field sales support efforts.
Audio/video, – more... state of the art software, hardware development, systems, customer installation and support, test and certification engineering, tech pubs bid management and approvals through the Director of Engineering.
Detail research and analysis on large commercial aircraft seat layouts, wiring and component design involved in the bid process that was then fed to finance for bid and proposal pricing and completion.
Management is too concerned about corporate level concerns and thus not concerned about the employee. Co-workers are very self centered and not team players. Too many cultures to deal with so the hardest part of the job is dealings within my own department. The Engineering employees are very normal and team players.
The most enjoyable part of my job is winning a proposal! – less
The job gave a lot of opportunities for personal and professional development
Deployment Manager (Former Employee), KabulSeptember 26, 2013
Cons: very long hours
During last years I have been working for THALES Communications being in charge of Deployment of one of biggest Program. This has been to provide comms for ISAF troops in Afghanistan. Working for Thales and also in an environment of as such gave me plenty of opportunities for professional development.
Great company
Corporate Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Neuilly-sur-Seine, FranceSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
This opportunity was a great experience for me to learn how to manage and implement budgets as well as perform analysis to ensure costs were kept in line.
Good Salary and Good Benefits
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Country and WorldwideSeptember 22, 2013
I get to work side by side with the customer, mostly at their sites,
which can be very enjoyable.
Great people
Technician (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 6, 2013
I enjoyed working with the people in productions. Very friendly and we learned much from each other.
Very pressured jobs.
Test Technician III (Former Employee), Irvine,CAAugust 23, 2013
I learned Audio and Video products for arospace. Co-workers good but management was poor.
Hardworking, punctual and Great people to work with
Storage hand (Former Employee), BendigoJuly 31, 2013
I really enjoyed my time doing work experience at Thales i got to see all side and aspects of the Australian APC the Bushmaster.
No Review
Team Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), Tukwilla WAJuly 5, 2013
Good place to work. Spent 12 years there until company moved to New Jersey.
The opportunity to work with the Marine Corps on the Optimized Top Owl (OTO) program truly was an honor.
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), AbroadJune 13, 2013
I was very impressed with everyone on the project. The mission was to transition the Marine Corps from a cockpit display to a helmet mounted display system compatible with new style Hueys and Cobras. The team’s dedication to supporting the product and the Marines was commendable. As the sole Field Service Representative assigned to the 11th MEU and – more... later the East Coast, my face-to-face contact with anyone from Thales was minimal. Despite the distance, everyone on OTO made a concerted effort to share information and collaborate to find viable solutions. The position was dynamic and responsibilities varied to include pilot training, logistic support, failure tracking, software configuration, etc… – less
Good working environment
Alcatel switchboard operator/receptionist (Current Employee), Crawley, ENGJune 12, 2013
Pros: staff canteen facilities, flexible hours
Cons: not really enough to do on quiet days
There is no typical day on the main Reception! Work involves greeting visitors and making sure they are escorted at all times. The important part of this job is working as a team with colleagues, to ensure visitors have a pleasurable experience as the first port of call in a company with over 3,000 employees. It can be challenging, and it is important – more... to keep calm under pressure. Every day is different, and this is the most enjoyable part. – less
One of the Best Company's to work for
Manager, Purchasing and Planning (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 24, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: there are none
Please is Great, Great people and Management. Regret leaving