Thales

Thales Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
NA
Telecom Site Engineer (Former Employee), Saudi ArabiaFebruary 13, 2014
everyday we have to go to the site in order to finalize our jobs , the location of the sites was not fixed so we used to go to many different sites in the same day , our work was a team work we had to work to gather. we learned a lot from this experience how you have to communicate , what you have to do if you have a problem, how to trouble shoot in – more... case some problems happened in the equipments. it was very nice work i really enjoyed it , the only hard part of this work is the traveling where we have to drive in the desert with no population or phone network but this was in a small part of the whole area. – less
overall good
Software QA Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2013
Pros: big cafeteria
Cons: long hours
walk into office, check the email, plan for today's work. start testing or reading document, answering inquiry from various party, provide support
Very good place to work, learn and develop your skills
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2013
Very good place to work, learn and develop your skills.
A place to build and develop your carrer.
Human Resources Executive
Human Resources Executive (Former Employee), FRANCEJune 30, 2014
I am a Human Resources Executive and I successfully completed a Human Resources Master degree at the Paris Human Resources Superior School (SUP des RH). Moreover, I also graduated an expertise on strategy and Human Resources development.
I started my Human Resources career in September 2010 at THALES (aeronautic industry) as a Human Resources Assistant – more... during my bachelor’s apprenticeship. I worked two days per week at the company and I was three days per week at school. I was mainly in charge of the trainee’s recruitment and the relation’s development with schools. I also helped and advised the Human Resources team on different topics they needed (strategic workforce planning, training plan, payroll, disability). In September 2011, I obtained my Human Resources Bachelor degree.
Next, in September 2011, I became a Human Resources Administrator. Still in apprenticeship, I worked four days per week at the company and I was only on Friday at school. I recruited trainees, apprentices and temporary workers. I wrote the employment, disability and quality of life at work report every three months and I put actions in place to update the disabled access and the well-being at work. I also worked on different employment topics. In September 2013, I graduated my Human Resources Master degree with an expertise in strategy and Human Resources development.
Moreover, from September 2013 to December 2013, I worked as a Human Resources Executive. I focused on the salary and qualification analysis. I also led a project on absenteeism study.
During this three-year experience, I confirmed my Human Resources skills and I developed my ability to work in highly competitive environments with a lot of different people. I am well-organized and hard-working so you will count on my adaptability to do the strategic task you entrust me.
I arrived in Brisbane on April 2014 because I followed my husband who had an international mobility here. Currently, I am looking for a HR job to become more confident in English and discover the Human Resources environment in Australia. To conclude, my long-term career plan is to become a Human Resources Manager and drive a team to a great success. Finally, I am extremely motivated to join Australian’s workforce in order to offer my experience and knowledge. – less
productive and organized place to work.
Systems Test Engineer (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJune 19, 2014
manage test modules based on communicating with specification and software teams.
testing phases are being executed in the lab per standards.
Productive and Informative
Work Experience (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTJune 8, 2014
I learned a lot about working life, as well as a lot of technical information about computers.
It is easy to get along with co-workers, at least when I had to. My job mainly consisted of working in the computer room removing hard drives and recording computers serial numbers.
Great job responsibliloties and others
Product Line Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAJune 1, 2014
Pros: great health care
Cons: no accountability of other departments
Company is very clannish and must fit in with the management and peers. Management does not hold most areas accountable
Best job I've ever had
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 16, 2014
Pros: almost everything
Cons: laid off
Can't say too much bad about the place except there were 3 lay off sessions while I was there until they finally shut down. Great place to work. They care about the employees.
Going through a massive cultural change to accommodate changing markets
Experienced Project Manager (Current Employee), Basingstoke, ENGApril 10, 2014
Pros: many different work streams
Cons: no career progression
Going through a massive cultural change to accommodate changing markets
Very Productive Work Place
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 2, 2014
I had an outstanding job at Thales although I was on a contract assignment so there had not been an opportunity for a permanent position.
Productive place
Test Technician - Manufacturing Floor (Former Employee), Clarksburg, MDFebruary 7, 2014
Typical work day 6am-4pm. Inspecting failed PC boards and troubleshooting. Hands-on experience and learn as you work.
Challenging and Interesting work
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Stockport, ENGJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: finish 12:00 on friday
Cons: limited scope for career progression. poor salary rises.
Interesting projects, fantastic people, but prospects for future work diminishing. Very limited opportunities to diversify technical skills. Further redundancies expected.
Would like to see more
Account Specialist (Current Employee), NJJanuary 13, 2014
It's ok but time for me to move on. Management could improve in all areas.
Modern, State of the Art, People Friendly Workplace
Contract Wiring & Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Crawley, ENGJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: cutting edge technology, state of the art environment, flexible hours, restaurant facility
A typical work day would encompass:-

Progressing current unit build with logistic support through planning, management team and test department as required. Supported by management at team "stand up meetings" with engineering, logistics and technical support to facilitate all issues, keeping project progress live, relevant and scaleable.

What I have – more... learned:-

My ability to achieve even higher standards of work and enthusiasm were motivated by the "no blame culture" I experienced personally and corporately. The project remained solution based at all times converting problems into solution opportunities, a most welcome and unique experience.

My Management :-

The management were always personable, approachable and motivated, enthusiastic and animated toward all tasks within project. Good communication detailed with emails, intranet news and bulletin updates.

My Co-Workers:-

I was embraced by the team of production technicians with principal technician, always good associate bonding and humour. The experience, technical knowledge, expertise and facilitation was of an unrivaled level, and swift to find.

Hardest part of the job:-

The level of man hours re-focused my ability to adapt to the job pace. I have larger jobs on smaller projects in CV, but this drew skills and ability closer and more mature together, a satisfying and edifying experience.

Most Enjoyable part of job:-

Seeing the cabinet system assembled, tested and running as intended. Then receiving complementary reports from management and client of satisfactions.
Also social activities, out of hours, at company Ten Pin Bowling event, one of many social events, to which I reciprocated by inviting staff to a successful Quiz Night. – less
Has the right idea, but implementation of anything seems impossible
Former HR Employee (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 20, 2013
Pros: you learn to adapt to quick change and agility is key
Cons: constant change and not always good changes
Thales is a huge multi-national French company. It can be a great place to work, but it does not welcome creativity and innovation they way they profess, at least not in USA. For a high tech organization all of they systems are rather outdated. It was just this year that a paperless system was put into place for expense reports. All projects within – more... the function areas (HR, Legal, Communications, Finance, Operations) are complex and require level after level of review and approval. This is what happens when you acquire small companies and don't take the time to introduce them to the rest of the family properly. What is the saying...united we stand, divided we fall... yes that is the one. If a person is up for the challenge why not get the great experience, you won't know a good job until you experienced a bad one. There is a big difference between working in the USA for this company vs other countries. Thales Group seems to care a lot for their employees and wants to be a great place to work and strives for that success, however it seems that the morale and energy dies out when it crosses any ocean. As much as we are part of the "Group" there is definitely that step-child feeling. I think this is absolutely the right type of company for certain people, but lacks a lot for our Gen Y. They are putting in idea rooms, try to encourage mind mapping, but they can't even update their own social media sites on a regular because those sites are blocked. Oh yeah they put in a prayer room at my location, seems appropriate because at this point I think a little help from God couldn't hurt. – less
Thales group
Hardware Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, CanadaDecember 5, 2013
Pros: best bonus
Cons: n/a
Thales was my best place to work. The activity was very interesting and chalenging and people were great
Good work/life balance for a large company.
Personal Assistance (Current Employee), Crawley, West SussexDecember 3, 2013
Pros: 8 hour days and 5 hour friday's
Cons: too many internal processes.
I am working for an international company in the South of England. The company provide security, transport and military products and solutions to the civil and military markets such as the MoD. I am the PA to the Director of Business Development & Sales and the Operations Director within the Avionics department.
Lovely place to work
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee), WeybridgeDecember 2, 2013
All staff really friendly and enjoyed working thre would not be leaving if not for moving..
Challenging environment covering ALL aspects of service delivery
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), DoncasterNovember 26, 2013
Pros: excellent challenging environment
Cons: distance and travel
Desk top service desk Operations networks and data centre day to day activities to deal with.
Good workplace
UK Operations Financial Controller (Former Employee), CrawleyNovember 14, 2013
Varied with no two days the same
Learned to work well with wide variety of stakeholders
Good team