Thales

Thales Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
NA
Telecom Site Engineer (Former Employee), Saudi ArabiaFebruary 13, 2014
everyday we have to go to the site in order to finalize our jobs , the location of the sites was not fixed so we used to go to many different sites in the same day , our work was a team work we had to work to gather. we learned a lot from this experience how you have to communicate , what you have to do if you have a problem, how to trouble shoot in – more... case some problems happened in the equipments. it was very nice work i really enjoyed it , the only hard part of this work is the traveling where we have to drive in the desert with no population or phone network but this was in a small part of the whole area. – less
overall good
Software QA Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2013
Pros: big cafeteria
Cons: long hours
walk into office, check the email, plan for today's work. start testing or reading document, answering inquiry from various party, provide support
Very good place to work, learn and develop your skills
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2013
Very good place to work, learn and develop your skills.
A place to build and develop your carrer.
Solid engineering technology and hard work driven team members
Component Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, OnMarch 25, 2012
I learned a lot of electrical and its application engineering work knowledge along with professionalism at Thales. It was a very positive experience for me as a professional and overall company consisted with hard working teams.
Going through a massive cultural change to accommodate changing markets
Experienced Project Manager (Current Employee), Basingstoke, ENGApril 10, 2014
Pros: many different work streams
Cons: no career progression
Going through a massive cultural change to accommodate changing markets
Very Productive Work Place
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 2, 2014
I had an outstanding job at Thales although I was on a contract assignment so there had not been an opportunity for a permanent position.
Productive place
Test Technician - Manufacturing Floor (Former Employee), Clarksburg, MDFebruary 7, 2014
Typical work day 6am-4pm. Inspecting failed PC boards and troubleshooting. Hands-on experience and learn as you work.
Challenging and Interesting work
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Stockport, ENGJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: finish 12:00 on friday
Cons: limited scope for career progression. poor salary rises.
Interesting projects, fantastic people, but prospects for future work diminishing. Very limited opportunities to diversify technical skills. Further redundancies expected.
Would like to see more
Account Specialist (Current Employee), NJJanuary 13, 2014
It's ok but time for me to move on. Management could improve in all areas.
Modern, State of the Art, People Friendly Workplace
Contract Wiring & Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Crawley, ENGJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: cutting edge technology, state of the art environment, flexible hours, restaurant facility
A typical work day would encompass:-

Progressing current unit build with logistic support through planning, management team and test department as required. Supported by management at team "stand up meetings" with engineering, logistics and technical support to facilitate all issues, keeping project progress live, relevant and scaleable.

What I have – more... learned:-

My ability to achieve even higher standards of work and enthusiasm were motivated by the "no blame culture" I experienced personally and corporately. The project remained solution based at all times converting problems into solution opportunities, a most welcome and unique experience.

My Management :-

The management were always personable, approachable and motivated, enthusiastic and animated toward all tasks within project. Good communication detailed with emails, intranet news and bulletin updates.

My Co-Workers:-

I was embraced by the team of production technicians with principal technician, always good associate bonding and humour. The experience, technical knowledge, expertise and facilitation was of an unrivaled level, and swift to find.

Hardest part of the job:-

The level of man hours re-focused my ability to adapt to the job pace. I have larger jobs on smaller projects in CV, but this drew skills and ability closer and more mature together, a satisfying and edifying experience.

Most Enjoyable part of job:-

Seeing the cabinet system assembled, tested and running as intended. Then receiving complementary reports from management and client of satisfactions.
Also social activities, out of hours, at company Ten Pin Bowling event, one of many social events, to which I reciprocated by inviting staff to a successful Quiz Night. – less
Has the right idea, but implementation of anything seems impossible
Former HR Employee (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 20, 2013
Pros: you learn to adapt to quick change and agility is key
Cons: constant change and not always good changes
Thales is a huge multi-national French company. It can be a great place to work, but it does not welcome creativity and innovation they way they profess, at least not in USA. For a high tech organization all of they systems are rather outdated. It was just this year that a paperless system was put into place for expense reports. All projects within – more... the function areas (HR, Legal, Communications, Finance, Operations) are complex and require level after level of review and approval. This is what happens when you acquire small companies and don't take the time to introduce them to the rest of the family properly. What is the saying...united we stand, divided we fall... yes that is the one. If a person is up for the challenge why not get the great experience, you won't know a good job until you experienced a bad one. There is a big difference between working in the USA for this company vs other countries. Thales Group seems to care a lot for their employees and wants to be a great place to work and strives for that success, however it seems that the morale and energy dies out when it crosses any ocean. As much as we are part of the "Group" there is definitely that step-child feeling. I think this is absolutely the right type of company for certain people, but lacks a lot for our Gen Y. They are putting in idea rooms, try to encourage mind mapping, but they can't even update their own social media sites on a regular because those sites are blocked. Oh yeah they put in a prayer room at my location, seems appropriate because at this point I think a little help from God couldn't hurt. – less
Thales group
Hardware Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, CanadaDecember 5, 2013
Pros: best bonus
Cons: n/a
Thales was my best place to work. The activity was very interesting and chalenging and people were great
Good work/life balance for a large company.
Personal Assistance (Current Employee), Crawley, West SussexDecember 3, 2013
Pros: 8 hour days and 5 hour friday's
Cons: too many internal processes.
I am working for an international company in the South of England. The company provide security, transport and military products and solutions to the civil and military markets such as the MoD. I am the PA to the Director of Business Development & Sales and the Operations Director within the Avionics department.
Lovely place to work
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee), WeybridgeDecember 2, 2013
All staff really friendly and enjoyed working thre would not be leaving if not for moving..
Challenging environment covering ALL aspects of service delivery
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee), DoncasterNovember 26, 2013
Pros: excellent challenging environment
Cons: distance and travel
Desk top service desk Operations networks and data centre day to day activities to deal with.
Good workplace
UK Operations Financial Controller (Former Employee), CrawleyNovember 14, 2013
Varied with no two days the same
Learned to work well with wide variety of stakeholders
Good team
Energetic Workplace with Great People
Human Resources Assistant/Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 8, 2013
Pros: great benefits, great people
Cons: poorly trained managers (hired for technical expertise and not management skills)
People at Thales were a pleasure to work with, but its a slow moving environment. It takes several days to get items accomplished if you have to rely on another employee to complete your work. Pay and benefits were comparable to market.
Top Notch Employer
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VANovember 1, 2013
Great manager. Skilled, friendly co-workers. Promotes continuing education,
A good company in a challenging industry
Staff Engineer (Current Employee), Clarksburg, MDOctober 20, 2013
It is a good company. The business has become more and more challenging as the government sequestration goes on.
Good Place to work with challenge and reward, with good benefits, wrong location
Engineering Bid Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: cultures of long lasting ethnic groups of employess
Manage the bid preparation of engineering non recurring tasks, and hardware bills of material for custom in flight entertainment systems on large commercial aircraft, broadband connectivity solutions, cost benefit analysis, task detail summaries, schedules, bid kickoff meetings for commercial clients and global field sales support efforts.
Audio/video, – more... state of the art software, hardware development, systems, customer installation and support, test and certification engineering, tech pubs bid management and approvals through the Director of Engineering.
Detail research and analysis on large commercial aircraft seat layouts, wiring and component design involved in the bid process that was then fed to finance for bid and proposal pricing and completion.
Management is too concerned about corporate level concerns and thus not concerned about the employee. Co-workers are very self centered and not team players. Too many cultures to deal with so the hardest part of the job is dealings within my own department. The Engineering employees are very normal and team players.
The most enjoyable part of my job is winning a proposal! – less

1 2 3 4