We are looking for 2 Cooks in our busy restaurant.
The candidates must:
- Prepare and cook complete Thai meals and foods and create decorative food displays for special events such as parties;
- Supervise kitchen helpers;
- Plan menus;
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies.
Must be able to:
- Ensure quality of food and determine size of food proportions
- Work with minimal supervision
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food.
- Maintain inventory and records and initiate orders of food, supplies and equipment.
- Work with specialized cooking equipment like grill, deep fryer, wok etc.
- Clean kitchen and work areas and wash dishes if needed.
- Should be able to do theme carvings, fruit carvings, fruit trays and dish decorations.
The candidates should have a minimum of 1 to 2 years work experience in Thai cooking as a cook in a restaurant of at least 65 seats (A certificate from a Thai Cooking School may shorten that time); experience and skill in making food carvings; ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work with others, continue to learn and should be able to communicate somewhat in English and efficiently in Thai.
This is a fulltime job at 40 hrs/week at $ 14.00/hr.
If needed, we will try to help with suitable accommodations.
If you are now in Thailand and want to work in Canada, you do NOT NEED to go through an agency in Thailand and pay the fees. We will help you with your necessary paperwork.
Please send your resume by email