Thai Express Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Fun and good experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 23, 2016
A day at work is generally easy-going and not too stressful. Learned many ways to be productive while saving time, and learned how to manage tasks efficiently. Nothing really too hard about the job, except when one day we run out of something/out of stock and some customers don't understand that it takes about a week to restock some items
The working environment was good and easily get along with colleagues
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2016
I enjoy working as a cashier at Thai express and I think the hardest part of this job is that it is extremely busy at noon. I would have to be multi-task and detail oriented to avoid mistakes.
good temporary workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2016
prepwork in the morning, pretty busy during lunch hour (11:30-1). the staff and boss is nice to work with. i learned to use cash register and recipes for Thai food.
Pros
free lunch, good work hours
It is a busy place.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 16, 2016
It is a very busy place and people have to work hard and long hour shift.The staff there are nice. We meet up with many people from all over the world everyday. It is good.
COOKING PREPARING FOODS
LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  CALGARY ABAugust 14, 2015
cooking customers foods,preparing indrigients,recieving deliveries,i learn to communicate other people especially,other cultures.co worker there good even were different nation and cultures,most enjoyable on nmy job, IS TO SERVE AND TO COOK PEOPLES FOOD;
Pros
FREE MEAL
Cons
8HRS
Fun workplace with food testing
Project Manager/Marketing/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 30, 2014
A typical day is responding to customer's feedback, franchisee's messages and supervisor's requests, Assisting project coordinator in construction and paperwork in preparation for store openings and Assisting marketing creative with marketing tools for store openings, Coordinate and finalize scheduled installations, and finalize expenses.

I learnt to prioritize a list-to-do everyday and to utilize my time in the most sufficient way. I believe follow-ups are very important to all customer, franchisee, and management as it unifies us as team and as a franchise. A task/job is not complete is there is no follow-up.

I enjoy working with a dedicated team with the same goal to be a success.
Pros
meeting new franchisees
Cons
Fun workplace with flexible hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMarch 29, 2015
- preparing food, cleaning the counters
- how to keep a balanced till
- how to prepare specific thai cuisine
- poor management
- nice co-workers
- long hours, angry customers
- working in a dynamic environment
Pros
free food
Good Job
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QCSeptember 3, 2015
The environment was clean, the co-workers were friendly, the manager was understanding and the work was enjoyable. Overall? No complaints.
Pros
Free food during work hours
Cons
Downtime between rush hours.
A comfortable and lenient work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 17, 2015
-At the beginning of the work day, I would set up the Thai Express counter at the food court, make sure that all the condiments, utensils and trays are ready to be used. I take orders, explain the menu items, and relay any customer concerns and modifications to my co-workers who are cooking. Customers are usually friendly, my co-workers are very accommodating and the work pace fluctuates depending on the time of the day.
-Through my experience at Thai Express, I improved my Cantonese and Mandarin while conversing with my co-workers, developed my patience with other customers and learned to adapt to the demands of the customer industry.
-The business was small therefore little management was needed. The cooks at Thai Express have worked there for a long time and efficiently take care of inventory and customers on their own with little supervision.
-My co-workers were friendly, patient and accommodating.
-The hardest part of the job is when there is a rush during holidays and people become very impatient and easily aggravated
-The most enjoyable part of the job was any part of the day because I loved the co-workers that I worked with and the customers were very friendly when its not busy and occasionally would start conversations.
Pros
-Free food all the time, everybody likes Thai food
Cons
-9-10 hour shifts and the end is often very slow, the occasional unreasonable customer
Great workplace
DDO, QC (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QCMay 6, 2015
Start off by going to job location at 10. Prepare food and clean dishes. When customers order from O'Burger I prepare the burger. I then clean the tables and at the end of the day clean workplace. The hardest part of the job is during rush hours because the intensity goes up. Great work environment with many great employees. Learned a lot about the business.
It was a great experience working here
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 26, 2015
Weekdays are dead and weekends are pretty busy especially Saturdays.
I've learned how to cook faster and deal with rude customers.
Really busy boring day
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Bayshore mallJanuary 26, 2014
To be honest i hated it. It was in the food court there were alot of people, alot of pressure. Everyday i'd come and barely talk to anyone and just stand as a line cook and repeat the same process over and over again and standing there with the intense heat made it hard. I learnt the value of time, and that i have to fast. the manager wasn't really good. In fact no one liked her. She was described as the mean stingy one who would always find something to pick on, and most of the staff didn't speak proper English so it was hard to communicate or even talk as friends without it being awkward. Hardest part is handling the cash register sometimes when a needy customer comes and tells me he needs this but not that but this etc...
Most enjoyable part was probably cooking when there aren't alot of customers/pressure.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad manager which eventually made me pay for my food.
fun workplace and learn skills
employer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Work hard everyday and always be focus. I had learned the responsible and the priorities in a company such as the customers and theirs desires.
very busy and fun place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 7, 2013
thai express was a very busy and f un place to work the staff was very friendly almost like a little family the most enjoyable part of this job was meeting different people everyday.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
very long hours.
Productive yet calming workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2014
Typical day at work was that my fellow co workers and i were always working and doing something. We never stood around and lazied about. There was always something to do which made the day go by faster. The location of thai express was very convenient for all the business men and women to grab a bite to eat. The managers of the workplace were very out spoken and always had something positive to say about the co workers and in general. They always gave constructive criticism when needed and expressed it in a down to earth positive manner.
Pros
great environment and location
Cons
nothing
all staff was friendly
Part time Cashier/ Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONAugust 25, 2013
I got no hours at this fast food restaurant so I quit, management was really nice, got experience making Thai food, my co-workers were caring and friendly
Pros
met alot of new people
Cons
no hours given
New experiences
Cashier, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Great way to meet new people and learn different things, about cooking techniques and cultures.
Decent fast food job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2014
This job can be fun if you're working with the right people, and if you enjoy the fast food version of Thai food.
Pros
free meals
Cons
confined workspace
bad supervisor at Southgate store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  southgate in EdmontonMay 26, 2014
I has never seen such a bad-temper supervisor. She didn't pay me as what she said and paid less hour than the length I'm working.
passable
Commis-comptoir (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Therese, QCMarch 3, 2016
Très bon personnel, très bonne environnement mais dure de communiquer car les chinois ne parle pas beaucoup Français
Pros
repas 50 %
Cons
garde beaucoup de pourboir, et dure de discussion