Thai Basil Employee Reviews

Terrible Management, but good food.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TN22 August 2017
I open and close 95% of the time. Other workers are good for teamwork, Owners/Management is terrible, not organized at all. The restaurant is original family made Thai and Laos food. There is no hard part of the job except dealing with the owners and them screaming at you for nothing, and some customers who have difficult orders. The enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers who come in regularly and ask for you; It's a wonderful feeling.
Pros
free meal per shift
Cons
no breaks, no rules enforced, paid under the table and under min. wage
Awesome
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TN 3813427 July 2017
Work on punctual time as you learn to manage to take orders and be quick. Hardest is trying to please everyone, but most enjoyable is awesome back up teams when needed.
Pros
Awesome people and food
Cons
No benefits
Fun fast paced
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MN8 May 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working here from the staff to the customers coming in. I had many return customers within a few weeks of working there. The food basically sells itself.
Productive, fun workplace, amazing food and decor
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO 8012421 August 2016
Thai Basil was an extremely beautiful restaurant with elaborate wood carvings and Asian decor. The food was excellent, so fresh and wonderfully presented. I learned so much about Asian cuisine which was necessary in order to provide guests with an authentic experience. The difficult thing was the communication barrier between co-workers, which was ultimately overcome in one way or another in order for the team to succeed. The most enjoyable thing about Thai Basil/Thai Thai Hibachi was that I was able to work in two locations with amazing co-workers.
Pros
Awesome food in a beautiful environment with great co-workers
Cons
Language barriers and cleanliness
fun place to work for the socialites
Cashier, Waitress, Closer (Former Employee) –  Danielson, CT15 February 2014
amazing authentic foods, great staff personality. Not always able to compensate time off due to inadequate staffing.
Pros
authentic delicious food
Cons
staff pays full price
Very Hard
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ken Caryl, CO12 August 2013
My time at Thai Basil was very hard, being a delivery driver was just not easy with this company. The manager over there always had everything understaffed, especially the delivery side of things, there was only two drivers including myself, so it was very hard to get food to where it was suppose to be at the right time. The I manager also suspected stealing tip money from myself as well as my co-driver. I loved the staff that I worked with though, they were all very friendly people. A day at work was full of headaches, there would be way to many orders coming out and my co-driver and I could not keep up with delivering all the orders. Im very glad I left that place, and shortly after I left, the rest of the staff quit as well, so thats not saying anything positive about the manager
Pros
Working Staff minus the manger
Cons
Manager, under staffed, driving radius, inefficient
Great Food and Culture
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CT10 December 2012
Morning- arranged prepped food from the night before, usually get the organized food from freezer and and check of list before starting to prep.

Afternoon- clean dishes and clean floor and windows, eat lunch.

Night- busiest hours 3-9 slow down around 10 clean up dishes wash and scrub floors clean sink and stove top sweep and mop.
Pros
free lunches, 1 day off
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Caring management and co-workers.
Thai Thai Hibachi - Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CO8 October 2012
Nice, relaxed restaurant to work at with great employees, however the business did not end up succeeding.
The End of an Exemplary Resteraunt
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FL19 August 2012
Unfortunately the food was great but their location was not so their company went under after several years. But when i was working for them i had the time of my life, the oriental lifestyle is my first love and when i am surrounded by it i am at my calmest.
Pros
working in a calming relaxing yet appropriate environment
Cons
they wen't out of business