TGI FRIDAYS

TGI FRIDAYS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
VERY PRODUCTIVE, FUN, CHALLENGING,
Broiler Cook / Sautee Cook / Fry Cook (Current Employee), VICTOR NYMay 3, 2014
Pros: 25% and 50% meal discounts
Cons: very busy, on feet all night
I LOVE WORKING FOR TGIF BECAUSE ITS VERY CHALLENGING, PEOPLE ARE TEAM PLAYERS MANAGERS ARE RESPECTFUL, THE COMPANY HAS ALOT OF BENEFITS AND ITS A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN ADVANCE.
Meeting celebrities taking pictures with them
Host (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2014
Great place to work to move up in this company alot of opportunity and growth.
Fun employees, hard clientele
Host (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 30, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: hard clientele, poor tips, tough nights, can be very stressful
If there was anything I missed from working at Friday's it would be my fellow colleagues. Everybody had different backgrounds, but shared familiar bumps on the road. It was easy to establish a relationship with everyone who worked there, including management and kitchen staff. This was important as the work environment was extremely stressful and exhausting.
The – more... job wasn't hard, but the clientele was. The store I worked in was frequently busy and hectic. With the ball constantly rolling it was incredibly easy to feel the weight of pressure. Problems could quickly escalate and it often did.
The hardest part was honestly staying positive in an overall negative environment, and this was especially true if you were working late shifts.
The clientele could particularly unforgiving. In this location it was hard to work for tips because it was inconsistent and sometimes absent. While there were days where tips were rewarding, there were more when it just didn't deliver. – less
Great management and co-workers.
Hostess, Server, Shift leader, Coach. (Former Employee), North Miami BeachApril 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules.
Cons: bad tips. corporate do not care about staff.
Could be slow for a minute and then super busy.Great management and co-workers. After coupons and specials the guests quality suffer. Big parties and bad tips.
Great work place fun and very diverse. Networkable and convenient
Service Waiter (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 28, 2014
Pros: laid back attitude very open and fun.
Cons: non
The day at work is very simple. come, serve guests in the Fridays style of service, make them feel as comfortable as possible. Mangement was good for the employees and vise versa. The hardest part of the Job is being ever so humble with belligerent customers but is handled with expertise and corrected. The most enjoyable part was to give the satifaction – more... to a guest(s) and making them want to come back. – less
A fun place to work if you're a teen or don't have kids
Server (Former Employee), District Heights, MDApril 27, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: some of the management
All in all it's a fun environment and you'll make a lot of great friends bu that's just about it.
Fun Fast Workplace
Server (Former Employee), Bloomington, INApril 22, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: pay
Shifts are fun and fast. Management is friendly. The tippers in my area were kind of lame but it is what it is.
Exciting place to work.
Hostess (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCApril 21, 2014
Pros: discounted food.
Cons: health care was expensive
I liked the crowds and the people that came in almost every day. It was fun to be busy and not standing around all the time.
It is what you make it
Assistant Manager/Stewart (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAApril 21, 2014
Starting off at TGIF I was excited because of the diversity in the employees and the leniency of appearance. However, a new vice-president took over and changed all the policies. Within 6 months I was dreading going to work. the management team is very inconsistent and forever changing. They do not reward hard work but instead take credit for it. If – more... the team does not work together, the staff gets over stressed. The managers also don't know what is going on half the time. The also lean on their "head" employees way too much. – less
Fun work environment with great standards
Bar Manager (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 20, 2014
Pros: discounts, good money
Cons: long hours
Tgi Fridays was a supportive environment well versed in training and advancement. Fun staff and management made for an enjoyable work place.
Unsuccessful workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 20, 2014
Definitely wouldn't recommend this job to anyone! The Managers did not know how to manage anything or anyone . The host staff didn't listen to anyone, it was just an unorganized mess .
Fun Atmosphere
Waitress/Food Handler/Cashier (Former Employee), Tyler, TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: upbeat atmosphere
Cons: pay was mainly tips
I loved working for this company as well. The customer service that they establish is amazing however the store I worked at reminded me of high school. There was a lot of drama and miscommunications on the part of servers and managers. This was my first restaurant job so I learned a lot.
Fun, entertaining work environment
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Fairview Heights, ILApril 15, 2014
Coworkers build lasting bonds and management is really close with the staff. The hardest part of the job would be to continuously go above and beyond as selflessly as the entire staff.
Server
Server (Former Employee), Crestview Hills, KYApril 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, amazing management and co workers
Cons: no benefits, no breaks when needed
• Taking customer orders in a friendly and timely manner

• Entering accurate orders into a Point of Service computer to the kitchen team

• Understanding the menu and any nuances to help customers make quality decisions as well as upsell additional

items

• Expediting food kitchen to table
Great Company
Restaurant Service Manager (Former Employee), Amherst NHApril 15, 2014
Pros: excellent training
Cons: uncertain future
Carlson Restaurants Worldwide is a great company to work. A typical day would include opening procedures such as cash procedures, daily inventory, and production. The training program was excellent. However, it is important that everyone on your management team adhere to policies and procedures. This will determine the success of the restaurant.
Fun for the most part
Server (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 14, 2014
Pros: cash daily
Cons: not consistent in money.
The West End Store was very unstable as far as management. The staff is expected to have a high turn over but when its constant change in management, its hard to get steady. Other than the different managers every other month it was a cool place to work.
Build interpersonal skills with customers and co-workers
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILApril 10, 2014
As a hostess, it was my duty to greet customers and escort them to their seats. My duties included, answering phones, taking reservations, and seeing to my customer's needs.

My duties as a server included, knowing the menu, and giving detailed descriptions of menu items to patrons. I relayed orders to the kitchen, and ensured that every patron left – more... happy, and looking forward to a returned visit. – less
productive
Waitress (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing at all
I loved it there was nothing wrong i loved working there needed something better
Server (Current Employee), Brick, NjApril 9, 2014
I am a part-time server for this company. I have been with this company for many years and I truly believe this is a great company to work for.
great workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Springfield, VAApril 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch and managers
Cons: location
a typical day consist of dealing with needy guest. I learned that not all people are going to like your attitude, you must kill them with kindness. Managers were amazing, they were very caring and felt like family. Co workers were diverse yet great workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with needy guest and always mean guest. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was making people smile. – less

About TGI FRIDAYS

Carlson Restaurants Worldwide (CRW) has a lot of Friday's for which to be thankful. A leader in full-service restaurants, the – Read more