TGI FRIDAYS

TGI FRIDAYS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun and exciting atmosphere
Waitress (Current Employee), Albany, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Great place to make money and meet lots of people. This job helped me enhance my costumer service skills.
Productive and fun work environment
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MOSeptember 15, 2014
-Served each guest to the best of my ability with an extremely pleasant attitude
-Assisted co workers with other tasks at hand
-Trainer for new servers
Fun place to work with loyal guests.
Service Manager/Acting General Manager (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CaliforniaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free meals, great staff, great guests.
Cons: little to no breaks for managers, ten hour average work day, little support from upper management.
A typical day as a Manager at TGIF entailed anything and everything that was needed including customer service, guest relations, human resources, cooking, cleaning, assisting staff in all areas, ordering product, continually training staff, executing company standards and effectively increasing profitability through all of the above.

The most difficult – more... part of my job was the high turnover of managers. I was always training new managers at my level as well as my superiors.

The thing I loved the most was my loyal staff. As long as I was there to support them, they provided phenomenal customer service and teamwork. – less
Server (Current Employee), Freehold, NJSeptember 14, 2014
I currently am employed here still. Its a great place to work, my co workers and managers are wonderful. I have learned a lot working here.
Fun place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 12, 2014
Face paced, and definitely a great place to have your first management position.
productive high volume exciting
management trainee;Bartender (Current Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: productive day or night
Cons: not enough hours in the day
i enjoy a fast past environment where i am able to use my communication , thinking and problem solving skills.
Mixed Feelings.
Waitress/Front Of House (Former Employee), Nottingham, ENGSeptember 11, 2014
Great atmosphere to work in, although poor management and lack of training given. I would be pulled into doing other peoples jobs because of lazy workers and the management did not care.
Fun place to work.
Server/ Trainer (Former Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 10, 2014
Enjoyed the management staff at the time. always had open door policy.
Productive and fun place to work
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Mechanicsburg, PASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: discount on lunch
I would clock in and have a very good social work day while getting the job done promptly and on time
company
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VASeptember 8, 2014
have alot of people that are going to be good leader some day in the near future. but i think that it will something that i want to be part of the movement of the world company.
nice pay
Hostess (Former Employee), Gatlinburg, TNSeptember 8, 2014
sat guests at their table and helped servers and bartenders
Great Company , run by Great People
Cocktail Bartender (Current Employee), Glasgow, SCTSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours
TGI Fridays is a very successful brand and it has survived many decades in business. To be apart of that and learn so much from it whilst there has been a pleasure.
Productive and fun work place to interact with people
Hostess (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Working at TGI Fridays introduced me to the restaurant industry.
Awesomeness!!!
COOK/COACH (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 4, 2014
By far the best kitchen i have EVER worked in! They pay great, and benefits are amazing!!! And dont forget about the food!!
work place excellent
Receptionist (Former Employee), Delhi, NCRSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch or dinner according to shift, cab facility
Cons: long hours standing on shift
day was good.
i learned public dealing.
management was ok.
co-workers good
fun place to work
Host Manager (Former Employee), Merrillville, INSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good fun job
Cons: money depended on business
fun place to work. good opportunity for advancement. learned to become a people person with this job.
good stepping stone in the service industry
Closing Server/Host (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: i love cool unique buttons and flare was encouraged, the floor managers
Cons: healthcare, corporatism
Constant side work and generally rough tips was a typical day. I enjoyed hosting more at Friday's because I was getting compensated for my work appropriately. I loved the challenge of the job and I really did learn to serve there. We had impressive volume at times and it really got me used to the environment. I had previous experience at Blue Plate – more... and Bogies but, this was real serving, with ABC cards and computers. Management on the floor was awesome. I got great feedback, they worked really hard, tried to encourage growth with sales contests, etc. Management higher up was just plain awful. We had corporate management from TGI Friday's and Double Tree Hotels, which often conflicted and didn't make sense. It took months to get any kind of answer from human resources and they were never in the office. I know it wasn't always the individual employees fault but there was so much red tape with our companies policies, it was like talking to a wall. The hardest part was working so hard and walking away with minimum wage most of the time. The most enjoyable part was the challenge of the job itself. – less
whe can enjoy the work wat whe r dowing its a kagewal dineing
Bartender (Current Employee), Hyderabad, PSDSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
when no bakup boy
i learn so many cocktails in tgif best cocktails
management is so good in higen & opershan time
so help full each other whe have team work
noting
while i am making shorts
nice fun willing to leran
Fry Station Grade Manger, Saute Station (Former Employee), New York New YorkAugust 31, 2014
Pros: cool people and staff
Cons: too short breaks
cool place and help open the new one in union square was cool and just doing other things
Fun & fast paced working environment
Server (Current Employee), Concord, NCAugust 28, 2014
Pros: pros would be 50% off food, free if your training, benefits after a year
Cons: cons: it's a restaurant business, breaks are scarce, if possible at all on our busiest days
A typical day would be your general serving of customers, & upselling.
I've learned more about computer systems & to work at a faster pace in the restaurant business as well as more of alcoholic drinks & what goes in them. Manager is kept to a minimum, which is a good thing, because you don't want too many people telling you different things. The hardest – more... part would probably be accepting the fact that some people don't realize you only make $2.13 an hour & make your living off of tips. Complements are nice, but they don't pay the bills. The most enjoyable part is the food, the music, & the upbeat yet relaxed atmosphere. – less

About TGI FRIDAYS

Carlson Restaurants Worldwide (CRW) has a lot of Friday's for which to be thankful. A leader in full-service restaurants, the – Read more