TGI FRIDAYS

TGI FRIDAYS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I Like workin hard...
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), ENFIELDOctober 8, 2014
I consider myself to have strong workmanship and leadership skills.
I am a well dedicated and self motivated worker who is always enthusiastic and open to challenges. I am very punctual, reliable, honest and very ambitious. I have built strong communication skills and I enjoy meeting and working with new people. Therefore, I believe I am a strong candidate, – more... and will strive to reach my objectives. – less
fun workplace
Shift supervisor/Server (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: discounted food, free sodas
Cons: not getting tipped sometimes
I was a shift supervisor/server, so my job was always to take tables, along with supervising the rest of the servers. I had to make sure they stayed on top of their daily duties in keeping the restaurant clean and organized. I also had to make sure the restaurant was closed down properly in the front of the restaurant and in the back. I always reported – more... to management at the end of the shift to let them know everything was done and everyone was ready to go home. – less
a typical day at work
Waiter and Bartender (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good tips from the regulars
Cons: the only breaks you get are bathroom breaks
fast paced environment which usually involved spending a lot of time at the bar chilling and having fun with all the regulars. And randomly it would be a slow night.
THE JOB IS OK ,BUT THE HOURS ARE POOR
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: no
GOOD JOB, BUT ITS A SEASONAL TOURIST JOB THERE FORE I DON'T GET ENOUGH HOURS TO PAY MY BILLS
Busy and enthusiastic workplace.
Door Host (Current Employee), St Davids 2, CardiffOctober 4, 2014
Pros: 50% staff discount, lovely co-workers
Cons: unsociable hours, low wages
- A typical day at work within this busy restaurant is very busy with guests consistently coming in and leaving, my role is to seat guests efficiently and evenly, always ensuring they are happy and comfortable. My role also includes keeping tables clean and ready to seat as soon as guests leave and to coordinate a team of people ensuring everybody knows – more... what they are doing and overlooking that the work is being carried out to a high standard. Beautification is also a key part of my day, ensuring that the restaurant looks perfect at all times. I also communicate with other key members of staff to ensure they are aware of bookings and special requests.

-I have learned vital knowledge about the importance of impeccable customer service at all times, ensuring that everybody is happy and is having/has had a positive experience every time. And also that communication with everybody is key to making sure everything is done to a high standard, and if there is a problem the right people are aware of it. Alongside this there are other key skills that I have learned from this job that I now use in my everyday life as well as my working life.

- The management at TGI Fridays always try to be fair and understanding to all team members and are excellent with customers, always ensuring that the experience has been perfect and are willing to always go the extra mile to improve any issue.

-Within TGI Fridays every member of staff work together as a team, we call ourselves a family as most of our daily lives are spent working together, everybody tries to get along well and will always help one another out when needed to make sure the shift runs smoothly.

-The hardest part of my job is when we are understaffed on a peak shift and I have to work extra fast to ensure that everything is being done on time and to a high standard, despite the fact that my workload has tripled, but I am always keen to ensure this is done with a friendly smile on my face.

-The most enjoyable part of the job is a mix of seeing satisfied guests leaving the restaurant with smiles on their faces and knowing that my work is part of the reason for their positive experience on that day, and also the people I work with are fantastic. – less
Guest and employees up beat and friendly
General Manager (Former Employee), Robinson,Pittsburgh,Pa.October 3, 2014
Pros: great employee staff
Cons: prices are way to high. too many coupons that have restrictions
Guest service main focus training was always on going
Team members always worked well together Management team could of been and needed to be more supported as a team.
Horrid
Sever (Former Employee), Charleston, WVOctober 3, 2014
Pros: half off the food
Cons: everything else
Extremely stressful work environment. No place for job advancement. Management is horrid.
In my opinion TGI Friday's was a culture not a restaurant
Bar Manager/Front of the House Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: team work, training, advancement oppertunities
Cons: really late nights
The training was thorough and detailed, not a single detail was left out.
Team building was a must and everyone did work together.
The management, including myself, created daily challenges for the FOH and the BOH staff.
Some of the late nights were a challenge because we would lock the doors at 3:30- 4:00 in the morning.
I enjoyed making new friends – more... and really getting to know the regular guests. – less
great hype poor executuion
Line Chef, Team leader (Former Employee), cribbs causway and newcastleOctober 3, 2014
Pros: ummmm
Cons: long hours, poor pay, no social life
i would not recommend anyone work for fridays you will work from 8am until 11pm at the earliest on weekends its until 2am with no breaks, management is a joke they dont help they hinder, the only enjoyable thing about the job is your collegues
Fun work environment, Poor pay, Poor Management
Bartender, Barback, Waiter, Door Host (Former Employee), Enfield, ENGOctober 2, 2014
Pros: work environment, colleagues
Cons: poor management, variable pay
If you are working at this restaurant then chances are you are either working front of house (waiters/bartenders) or back of house (chefs).
I have only worked front of house so I can only comment on that.

Your typical working day will be be exactly that - typical. The only variable factor would be the people you are serving, which can make or break – more... your day in terms of your finance (tips) or morale.

Working front of house, you will learn a great deal about how to deal with people. If you are working on the bar then you will learn how to make a lot of good quality cocktails.

The management is probably the worst thing about the business. In my experience and through testimonies of my colleagues I can say with some certainty that most managers and especially General Managers (Head of the store) are primarily concerned with keeping costs down. The apparent reason for this is to maximise their bonus at the end of the year. As a result they are often unwilling to pay for things that would make the business run more smoothly and make your job easier. Things like extra staff, new equipment and even stock can be really difficult to acquire because your manager is busy looking out for his/her own pocket instead of the benefit of the team.

Despite this, it is still a really fun place to work. – less
really busy and productive
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee), Watchung, NJOctober 1, 2014
coworkers get along, managers are really helpful, learn how to cope with the guests
Server
Server (Former Employee), Providence, RIOctober 1, 2014
Fun work environment. Team atmosphere. Decent money with tips. Flexible schedule
extremely fun workplace with great food drinks and happy people
Host (Current Employee), District Heights, MDSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: half off lunch
Cons: we couldnt eat during our shift. no breaks
when I arrive at work ill always set up my area clean and prepare for the store to open, when the people start to arrive I always tell them welcome and start a conversation asking them how their day is so far or what bought them to this restaurant.
I've learned how to take orders, use the micros, and by watching and following my manager I've learned – more... how to manage a restaurant.
my coworkers are the best their understanding and always there to help me when I need it. the hardest part of the job is explaining to the customers the wait time and why they have to wait. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the guest leave with a smile and telling me how they've enjoyed their stay. – less
Great Place to work
Server (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 30, 2014
Fun and full of energy. Great teamwork. Overall a great place to work.
Busy And Very Active
Server (Former Employee), District Heights, MDSeptember 30, 2014
Typical day at work involves handling 4+ tables at a time with 3+ guest.
Maintaining a positive attitude under stress and a high paced area.
Learning how to deal with different cultures and attitudes.
Bussing and cleaning after your tables.
understanding that the Customer comes first
Making sure that your tables are 100% satisfied before leaving the – more... restaurant. – less
typical serving job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, discount on food, great for students
Cons: long hours, rude customers, little support from management in fear of being reprimanded by corporate
Long hours, next to no hourly pay, fairly good benefits, little opportunity to advance or transfer- pretty typical for the service industry. The customer base for my location was awful, which affected most aspects of the job. Also, not too much money to be made in a lower income area. I had a lot of wonderful regulars that were kind and polite, but – more... for every one great customer, there were four terrible ones. A large part of the clientele were very rude, entitled, and looking for the most minute reason to be offended and get something for free. – less
Fast-paced work environment
Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: managers are friendly and easy to talk to.
Cons: the restaurant is open on all holidays.
The managers are supportive and positive and creates a productive work enviroment. Co-workers are mostly team players and always willing to help out a fellow station. I have resigned and been re-hired back twice, so the job is as stable as most if not more.
Very Upbeat and great kitchen staff
Server (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: fast money and good co workers
Cons: old store and decent clientele
Fast pace environment
I learned that making people happy is hard work but rewarding and it taught me patience is a virtue
The management was very easy going
The co-worker's at any serving job I've had had always been pretty fun to be around cause at the end of the day teamwork is key and we all just wanna just make all of our life's easier.
Trying not – more... to get over whelmed even if we have a rough/difficult table cause there's always gonna be that one table sometime throughout the night.
At the end of the day it's rewarding knowing you did your best and making people have a great time while in your section to the point they become regular's or even friend's in some cases. – less
It is nice but I need a new job.
Server (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: $4 dollars of any meal / flexible schedules
Cons: shifts/tips are not guaranteed.
"Team Work makes the Dream Work" and that is the truth. When every one starts working together things become more difficult.A point that is reinforced by our team of managers everyday. Irresponsible coworkers is what I would say is the most difficult part of the job.But really my job is easy.I meet new people each day and every body likes me.
it was a productive and fun company to work for
Cook (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 24, 2014
I enjoyed the kitchen and being able to work different stations when needed .and also being able to get experience in high volume Restaurant. and an amazing back of house staff

About TGI FRIDAYS

Carlson Restaurants Worldwide (CRW) has a lot of Friday's for which to be thankful. A leader in full-service restaurants, the – Read more