TGI FRIDAYS

TGI FRIDAYS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
basic corporate company
HOST/FOH ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Oak Park, ILAugust 15, 2014
no advancement, not great pay, very strict on scheduling needs, a lot of turn over.
Fun and exciting workplace
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDAugust 13, 2014
Always new challenges to keep you on your toes. Great benefits and compassionate management.
Great Enviroment
Hostess (Current Employee), San Antonio TXAugust 13, 2014
I really enjoy working with my crew. They help and show me a great time.
Productive, enjoyable place to work
Hostess (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: 50% off, making new friends, being around the general public
Cons: pay is low, hours are not as much as i would like
A typical day at work is anywhere from 4-10 hours depending on what the schedule is. Showing up to work 15-30 minutes before the shift starts, clock in and begin the shift. During shifts we seat people, talk with guests, we have receptionist duties, and we help the servers if needed. This job has given me a lot more experience with the general public. – more... It has taught me to be very patient with people and to become more comfortable with communicating with guests as well as my co-workers. The management here is very good at helping and directing the workers here especially when help is needed. A hard part about the job is when dealing with the guests that seem to be unappreciative or rude, this job has definitely given me more experience with that and I am thankful because instead of getting frustrated I can help them more, give them more options, or ask for help. I love working closely with people and making new friends. This type of job has given me the experience I have wanted to get with the general public. – less
Classic Restaraunt
Service Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: flex schedule vacation
Cons: constant change
10-14 hour days
Heavy Supervision and customer service
The guest are right
irate guest make the day hard
LIne up with my servers
average
Bartender (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free soft drinks at work
Cons: management
i believe tgi fridays is a fantastic company to work for if you are able to learn everything about 20 drinks on part time hours in 4 weeks :/ they are a bit too over the top for me
first Job I learned a lot
Host /Waiter/Cook/Food Runner (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 12, 2014
 Answer phones and assist with reservations, vendor orders, and customer questions regarding store operation.
Fun workplace
Server (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people.
Enjoyed working with different people and meeting new people. Loved talking to everyone in person. Management and co workers very friendly.
Fun and eventful job but required a lot of dicipline
Server/Shift Leader (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: percentage off on food during shifts and off shifts
Cons: no breaks
Typical Day at Work: side work such as taking out trash, sweeping the kitchen area, putting up glassware etc. Always staying on top of your tables making sure area was clean and guests were happy. opening duties, depending on your job title you had certain duties, shift leaders had more work because we would have to come in early. closing duties we – more... would have to clean the whole front of the house to the back of the house to make sure everything was in order for opening shift the next day. Always a rush, especially on weekends. No time to sit and take breaks.

Co-workers: were like a family even through the rough times and frustration of customers.

Hardest part of the job: was closing up because by then you are tired and counting down the hours.

Management: was so-so could use more team building

Most enjoyable part of the job: was the fact that you get to meet a lot of different people and can also network. It's kind of like a stepping stone if you take advantage of the benefits because you never know who you'll meet. – less
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Boardman, OHAugust 9, 2014
I learned a lot about multitasking in a fast paced environment
Love my job at Fridays!
Server (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNAugust 9, 2014
Pros: great environment, guests, management and co workers.
Cons: no breaks, and dealing with stupid people.
I love my serving job at Fridays. Everybody is so helpful and fun, its like working with your best friends. The guests are awesome and management is so great.
tgi fridays
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: half price lunchs
Cons: nhl strike had to find new employment
console energy ctr location.very busy until the penguins went on strike.cut hours.management worked just as hard as the crew
Fun Job but a lot of very late nights
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 6, 2014
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone with a family. Work was not that hard but very long nights. Had a great staff in my store which made it easier to put in the hours.
Fun place to work, if you're not looking for a career.
Server (Former Employee), Newport News, VAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: overly friendly staff
Welcome to the cookie cutter restaurant business! This is where managers sleep with employees and do their side work for them; where a cook sleeps with everyone possible, spreading his herpes far and wide; where people play favorites. Basically, where your dignity goes to die.
Fun and Fast Paced
Server (Former Employee), Coon Rapids, MNAugust 2, 2014
Pros: half off meals after or before work
Cons: short breaks if any.
I loved working at TGI Fridays. It was an amazing experience with lots of good co-workers and managers who are willing to help! I learned a lot, especially how to connect more with my guests and make their experience more enjoyable!
NA
Employee (Former Employee), MIJuly 30, 2014
This was a good company. Really enjoyed the other employees that worked with
Fun
Bartender (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 29, 2014
Fun place to work, great for students and busy lifestyles. Training is provided from services to bartender knowledge. Great company to work for.
Fast paced kitchen with poor resturant management that leads to a high stress environment.
Kitchen Stuward (Current Employee), Hwy 64,Memphis,TnJuly 29, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: no managerial follow thru, no employee evaluations
Discuss in interview the merits and issues with kitchen functionality an management team.
Fun and active place to work all while getting to know so many great people
Hostess (Former Employee), philadelphiaJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at work for me was always busy. This particular Fridays was very crowded with constant people walking in and out. This job helped me learn how to take be a team leader to satisfy customer needs. I learned how to work under pressure and enjoy it.
Fun place
Server, Coach, Expo, Host (Current Employee), Albany, New YorkJuly 29, 2014
I have worked here for 7 years. I am looking for something new. I would have to set up for success and exceed guests needs to make money. I am a trainer for servers and help them learn about Fridays. I have to suggestively sell drinks, appetizers, and desserts. Management is okay they don't really praise you on a good job you have done. The turn over – more... rate for managers is a lot as well. My co workers do not know how to use team work. I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with some difficult tables and them getting mad at me for their food being cooked wrong or no to their liking. – less

About TGI FRIDAYS

Carlson Restaurants Worldwide (CRW) has a lot of Friday's for which to be thankful. A leader in full-service restaurants, the – Read more