TGI FRIDAYS

TGI FRIDAYS Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great hype poor executuion
Line Chef, Team leader (Former Employee), cribbs causway and newcastleOctober 3, 2014
Pros: ummmm
Cons: long hours, poor pay, no social life
i would not recommend anyone work for fridays you will work from 8am until 11pm at the earliest on weekends its until 2am with no breaks, management is a joke they dont help they hinder, the only enjoyable thing about the job is your collegues
Fun work environment, Poor pay, Poor Management
Bartender, Barback, Waiter, Door Host (Former Employee), Enfield, ENGOctober 2, 2014
Pros: work environment, colleagues
Cons: poor management, variable pay
If you are working at this restaurant then chances are you are either working front of house (waiters/bartenders) or back of house (chefs).
I have only worked front of house so I can only comment on that.

Your typical working day will be be exactly that - typical. The only variable factor would be the people you are serving, which can make or break – more... your day in terms of your finance (tips) or morale.

Working front of house, you will learn a great deal about how to deal with people. If you are working on the bar then you will learn how to make a lot of good quality cocktails.

The management is probably the worst thing about the business. In my experience and through testimonies of my colleagues I can say with some certainty that most managers and especially General Managers (Head of the store) are primarily concerned with keeping costs down. The apparent reason for this is to maximise their bonus at the end of the year. As a result they are often unwilling to pay for things that would make the business run more smoothly and make your job easier. Things like extra staff, new equipment and even stock can be really difficult to acquire because your manager is busy looking out for his/her own pocket instead of the benefit of the team.

Despite this, it is still a really fun place to work. – less
really busy and productive
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee), Watchung, NJOctober 1, 2014
coworkers get along, managers are really helpful, learn how to cope with the guests
Server
Server (Former Employee), Providence, RIOctober 1, 2014
Fun work environment. Team atmosphere. Decent money with tips. Flexible schedule
extremely fun workplace with great food drinks and happy people
Host (Current Employee), District Heights, MDSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: half off lunch
Cons: we couldnt eat during our shift. no breaks
when I arrive at work ill always set up my area clean and prepare for the store to open, when the people start to arrive I always tell them welcome and start a conversation asking them how their day is so far or what bought them to this restaurant.
I've learned how to take orders, use the micros, and by watching and following my manager I've learned – more... how to manage a restaurant.
my coworkers are the best their understanding and always there to help me when I need it. the hardest part of the job is explaining to the customers the wait time and why they have to wait. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the guest leave with a smile and telling me how they've enjoyed their stay. – less
Great Place to work
Server (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 30, 2014
Fun and full of energy. Great teamwork. Overall a great place to work.
Busy And Very Active
Server (Former Employee), District Heights, MDSeptember 30, 2014
Typical day at work involves handling 4+ tables at a time with 3+ guest.
Maintaining a positive attitude under stress and a high paced area.
Learning how to deal with different cultures and attitudes.
Bussing and cleaning after your tables.
understanding that the Customer comes first
Making sure that your tables are 100% satisfied before leaving the – more... restaurant. – less
typical serving job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, discount on food, great for students
Cons: long hours, rude customers, little support from management in fear of being reprimanded by corporate
Long hours, next to no hourly pay, fairly good benefits, little opportunity to advance or transfer- pretty typical for the service industry. The customer base for my location was awful, which affected most aspects of the job. Also, not too much money to be made in a lower income area. I had a lot of wonderful regulars that were kind and polite, but – more... for every one great customer, there were four terrible ones. A large part of the clientele were very rude, entitled, and looking for the most minute reason to be offended and get something for free. – less
Fast-paced work environment
Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: managers are friendly and easy to talk to.
Cons: the restaurant is open on all holidays.
The managers are supportive and positive and creates a productive work enviroment. Co-workers are mostly team players and always willing to help out a fellow station. I have resigned and been re-hired back twice, so the job is as stable as most if not more.
Very Upbeat and great kitchen staff
Server (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, ILSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: fast money and good co workers
Cons: old store and decent clientele
Fast pace environment
I learned that making people happy is hard work but rewarding and it taught me patience is a virtue
The management was very easy going
The co-worker's at any serving job I've had had always been pretty fun to be around cause at the end of the day teamwork is key and we all just wanna just make all of our life's easier.
Trying not – more... to get over whelmed even if we have a rough/difficult table cause there's always gonna be that one table sometime throughout the night.
At the end of the day it's rewarding knowing you did your best and making people have a great time while in your section to the point they become regular's or even friend's in some cases. – less
It is nice but I need a new job.
Server (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: $4 dollars of any meal / flexible schedules
Cons: shifts/tips are not guaranteed.
"Team Work makes the Dream Work" and that is the truth. When every one starts working together things become more difficult.A point that is reinforced by our team of managers everyday. Irresponsible coworkers is what I would say is the most difficult part of the job.But really my job is easy.I meet new people each day and every body likes me.
it was a productive and fun company to work for
Cook (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 24, 2014
I enjoyed the kitchen and being able to work different stations when needed .and also being able to get experience in high volume Restaurant. and an amazing back of house staff
really good sturcture and great co-workers
Line Cook (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOSeptember 24, 2014
i would come in and stock my line and take orders off the screen to make them in a timely manner. i would clean any chance i got. It was fast paced and a lot to learn but had fun doing it.
Fun Fast Pace environment,Management Was great also.
Line Cook (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: everyone worked together as a team
Cons: no room for advancement
I REALLY ENJOYED WORKING THERE, fun place to work,dont have much more to say
Franchise
Kitchen Manager TGI Fridays (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 21, 2014
The most disappointing company I had ever worked for and my first attempt at working for a franchise
enjoyable place to work with a family feel atmosphere
Kitchen Manager & Associate GM (Former Employee), Sandy, UTSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: staff and friends i worked with
Cons: owners closing the restaurant without notice after 18 years of service
I had the pleasure to work with lots of great employees who were with the company for many years. How to be a better person in management and set an example for other to follow. Management taught me many great things that I will carry with me the rest of my life. Firing one of my staff member, The feel when you come through the doors you were coming – more... home and the friends that I made will be a part of my life always. – less
fun and exciting atmosphere
Waitress (Current Employee), Albany, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Great place to make money and meet lots of people. This job helped me enhance my costumer service skills.
Productive and fun work environment
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MOSeptember 15, 2014
-Served each guest to the best of my ability with an extremely pleasant attitude
-Assisted co workers with other tasks at hand
-Trainer for new servers
Fun place to work with loyal guests.
Service Manager/Acting General Manager (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CaliforniaSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free meals, great staff, great guests.
Cons: little to no breaks for managers, ten hour average work day, little support from upper management.
A typical day as a Manager at TGIF entailed anything and everything that was needed including customer service, guest relations, human resources, cooking, cleaning, assisting staff in all areas, ordering product, continually training staff, executing company standards and effectively increasing profitability through all of the above.

The most difficult – more... part of my job was the high turnover of managers. I was always training new managers at my level as well as my superiors.

The thing I loved the most was my loyal staff. As long as I was there to support them, they provided phenomenal customer service and teamwork. – less
Server (Current Employee), Freehold, NJSeptember 14, 2014
I currently am employed here still. Its a great place to work, my co workers and managers are wonderful. I have learned a lot working here.

About TGI FRIDAYS

Carlson Restaurants Worldwide (CRW) has a lot of Friday's for which to be thankful. A leader in full-service restaurants, the – Read more