TGI FRIDAYS

TGI FRIDAYS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun atmosphere!
Hostess / Server (Former Employee), Humble, TXOctober 22, 2014
My time at TGI Friday's was great! The food and the entertainment was awesome!
It use to be a great place to work.
Line Cook (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 22, 2014
No longer so much fun. Seems like the focus of the guest is lost to labor cost.
Fast Money
Server (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 21, 2014
This company is great to work with if you are talkative and a people person. You determine your money.
productive fun work place
Bartender (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 17, 2014
enjoyed working at this faced paced environment. staff was very friendly
Organized, consistent, family like atmosphere
Hostess/Server/Coach (Former Employee), Seekonk, MAOctober 16, 2014
I enjoyed working for TGI Fridays. My co-workers and I became a close knit family who helped each other out all the time. I became close friends with my managers as well. We all worked as a team to make TGI Fridays experience enjoyable for all guests and employees.
Fun place to work.
Prep Cook/ Dishwasher (Former Employee), Turnersville, N.J.October 15, 2014
Pros: close to home, good manager, good crew
Cons: limited hours.
Help wash dishes, make soups & salads, Sweep Dinning room, Take inventory, stock shelves, Help Wait staff & cooks when they needed something..
An enjoyable, productive workplace.
Hostess (Former Employee), College Station, TXOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks if any at all
I enjoyed working at TGIF. Management was superb and the co-workers were a joy to work with. Seating customers, taking drink orders, and the house-keeping of the store was a normal work day for me.
This is a fast paced and also very physically challenging job
Server (Former Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 14, 2014
Responsibilities include: Arrival on time is mandatory, review my assigned dining room section and side work duties. Check/review my section to ensure cleanliness and proper organization for my standards. Serve all my guests drinks, appetizers, main entree, desserts, after dinner cocktails, etc. All while maintaining a friendly approach, courteous mannerisms, – more... and determination to leave my guests happy, smiling, satisfied, and excited for their next visit. – less
Fast paced and fun atmosphere with little pay
Trainer/Server/Hostess/Bartender (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: very short breaks, if at all and very little pay
I have been working at TGI Fridays in Round Rock, Texas for the past 4 years and have seen little improvement with the management. They are not very flexible with hours if you are looking to have more than one job; which you will need considering the low pay.

This a chain that has slowly been declining in revenue since the first day i started. TGI – more... Fridays have been closing all around the area, including locations in College Station, Waco, Downtown Austin, and our fellow Round Rock store in La Frontera.

If you plan on pursuing a job here, don't expect to stay long. The turn over rate is at a horrendous rate. – less
Good company
Server/Waitress (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJOctober 14, 2014
good company to work for, cared about the employees. tried to move employees from within and not hire without
Productive,Warm fun athmosphere
Waitress (Former Employee), United Arab Emirates,DubaiOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free, food, transportation, and accomodation
Cons: 8-12 hrs a day
Very busy working place
Developed me to be more active and resposible to my job.
Good management
Friendly and helpful co workers
Server
Server (Former Employee), Union CItyOctober 10, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: everything else
Bad Management
very un-organized company
nice co workers
upbeat environment
Fast busy pace.
TGIF
shift leader (Former Employee), Altoona, PAOctober 9, 2014
A typical work day included serving, cleaning, and some heavy lifting. I loved my co-workers. This was a job I would work during winter breaks and weekends while I was in college.
Chef working in a busy kitchen.
Line Chef (Former Employee), BluewarterOctober 9, 2014
Pros: it is rewarding.
Cons: it can be stressful
Open up the Kitchen getting all prep ready and stock out and setting up for a busy lunch.

learning how to work well as a team, control stock levels cleaning equipment, filling out the temp book/ wastage book and all outher kitchen duties.

I have been a manager so I understand all aspects about management and how to manage a kitchen and its team.

I – more... work well with my co-workers helping each outher out when needed discussing issues and working to gether to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job is when it gets busy if you are not set up but this can also be the best part of the job if you are organised. – less
I Like workin hard...
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), ENFIELDOctober 8, 2014
I consider myself to have strong workmanship and leadership skills.
I am a well dedicated and self motivated worker who is always enthusiastic and open to challenges. I am very punctual, reliable, honest and very ambitious. I have built strong communication skills and I enjoy meeting and working with new people. Therefore, I believe I am a strong candidate, – more... and will strive to reach my objectives. – less
fun workplace
Shift supervisor/Server (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: discounted food, free sodas
Cons: not getting tipped sometimes
I was a shift supervisor/server, so my job was always to take tables, along with supervising the rest of the servers. I had to make sure they stayed on top of their daily duties in keeping the restaurant clean and organized. I also had to make sure the restaurant was closed down properly in the front of the restaurant and in the back. I always reported – more... to management at the end of the shift to let them know everything was done and everyone was ready to go home. – less
a typical day at work
Waiter and Bartender (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good tips from the regulars
Cons: the only breaks you get are bathroom breaks
fast paced environment which usually involved spending a lot of time at the bar chilling and having fun with all the regulars. And randomly it would be a slow night.
THE JOB IS OK ,BUT THE HOURS ARE POOR
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: no
GOOD JOB, BUT ITS A SEASONAL TOURIST JOB THERE FORE I DON'T GET ENOUGH HOURS TO PAY MY BILLS
Busy and enthusiastic workplace.
Door Host (Current Employee), St Davids 2, CardiffOctober 4, 2014
Pros: 50% staff discount, lovely co-workers
Cons: unsociable hours, low wages
- A typical day at work within this busy restaurant is very busy with guests consistently coming in and leaving, my role is to seat guests efficiently and evenly, always ensuring they are happy and comfortable. My role also includes keeping tables clean and ready to seat as soon as guests leave and to coordinate a team of people ensuring everybody knows – more... what they are doing and overlooking that the work is being carried out to a high standard. Beautification is also a key part of my day, ensuring that the restaurant looks perfect at all times. I also communicate with other key members of staff to ensure they are aware of bookings and special requests.

-I have learned vital knowledge about the importance of impeccable customer service at all times, ensuring that everybody is happy and is having/has had a positive experience every time. And also that communication with everybody is key to making sure everything is done to a high standard, and if there is a problem the right people are aware of it. Alongside this there are other key skills that I have learned from this job that I now use in my everyday life as well as my working life.

- The management at TGI Fridays always try to be fair and understanding to all team members and are excellent with customers, always ensuring that the experience has been perfect and are willing to always go the extra mile to improve any issue.

-Within TGI Fridays every member of staff work together as a team, we call ourselves a family as most of our daily lives are spent working together, everybody tries to get along well and will always help one another out when needed to make sure the shift runs smoothly.

-The hardest part of my job is when we are understaffed on a peak shift and I have to work extra fast to ensure that everything is being done on time and to a high standard, despite the fact that my workload has tripled, but I am always keen to ensure this is done with a friendly smile on my face.

-The most enjoyable part of the job is a mix of seeing satisfied guests leaving the restaurant with smiles on their faces and knowing that my work is part of the reason for their positive experience on that day, and also the people I work with are fantastic. – less
Guest and employees up beat and friendly
General Manager (Former Employee), Robinson,Pittsburgh,Pa.October 3, 2014
Pros: great employee staff
Cons: prices are way to high. too many coupons that have restrictions
Guest service main focus training was always on going
Team members always worked well together Management team could of been and needed to be more supported as a team.

About TGI FRIDAYS

Carlson Restaurants Worldwide (CRW) has a lot of Friday's for which to be thankful. A leader in full-service restaurants, the – Read more