TGI FRIDAYS

TGI FRIDAYS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It is one of my Favorite job i have ever had!
Short Order Cook/ Expeditor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 25, 2012
Pros: discounts on food, free coffee under ssp company stores and tips
Cons: salary is not enough.
It is really fun working in this restaurant! I love my the management too! I had a chance to deal with the customers while working. I was also offered by my manager to be a trainer in the kitchen for the company of SSP Canada! I have never had a problem in this job. And for the hardest part? Have to deal with the security of the airport, because the restaurant is located inside the airport.
Fast paced work environment
COOK, SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great management, fast paced
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work at T.G.I. Friday's was fast paced. There was always something to clean or cook and the restaurant stayed very busy leaving little down time. I enjoyed the fast pace of the restaurant and overcoming different and new challenges each day on the job.
Great standards and Expectations, however, somewhat unrealistic.
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), FloridaJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: co-workers, potential bonus, benefits.
Cons: hours
A typical day at work is an average of 11 hours in some locations. 5 days a week, sometimes 6. Salary pay often makes this a stressful aspect. Working nights (or early mornings), weekends, and holidays can be very hard on work/life balance.

Very demanding job, at times can be overwhelming but also rewarding.

You will meet a lot of diverse, friendly people that ultimately make the job as enjoyable as you would expect.

With that being said, Friday's should not be over looked as a good job opportunity as a manager.
enjoy the people
Host/ Service partner (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: endless hours of running around
longest job iv had I really enjoy the people work with as well as some of the guests that come in
Waiter
Server (Former Employee), Glendale AZJanuary 22, 2015
Great customer service skills. I love working with peopleday to day.
Very fun place to work.
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 22, 2015
I loved being able to meet new guest each day. My co-workers were great and the managers were very fair.
Not bad very nice enviroment and clean tables
Hostess/Food Runner (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2015
The day was different learn different things .

I like the management they were really nice and cool
Fun place to work
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: co-workers and customers
Cons: no breaks and no room for advancement
My day started with clock in, food prep, table prep, taking orders and serving. I learned how to multitask and wait tables. My management was horrible could have been more considerate to employees, they were rude and unprofessional at times. My co-works were easy to get along with and were a great team to work with. The hardest part of my job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-works and serving the customers.
fun game nights
Manager Doug (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free meals, nice people
Cons: not enough time for a phone call
Came into work with a can do attitude made sure that my tables were covered and area was clean seated anyone that needed to be seated served drinks. Most importantly had a good time
fun
Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2015
I took a server shift with a promise to move behind the bar with my flair skills but the test came up and i was told no and they move a pretty face behind the bar
Fun place to work
Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Greensburg, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: being on your feet for hours at a time.
TGIFriday's is a great and fun place to work. There is nothing better then being able to feel like you are spending the night with your friends as you make money. Serving guests makes me happy and makes time at work enjoyable.
Easy money, not the best environment
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAJanuary 19, 2015
It was somewhat easy to move up (host-bartender) IF you proved yourself and worked hard. But there's no communication with the FOH and BOH and the kitchen was the root of a lot of problems. Can't say I'd go back to the location because it was more stressful than it should've been. Restaurant Impossible needs to make an appearance.
Fun, fast paced enviorment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great training and solid mgmt.
Cons: high stress at times.
Like any hospitality position it can be fast and stressful at times. Location is key, and in Las Vegas it is the place to work at for beginning bartenders especially if you want to flair,
exiting workplace
Server (Current Employee), Tarrytown, NYJanuary 19, 2015
it was good to know that you were leaving everyday witha good amount of tips.
T.G.I Fridays was a great place to work and interact with people
Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch, achievable bonus program
Cons: quality of life issue while scheduling managers
A typical day at work will include communicating with other managers regarding daily activities and outlook of operation, communicating with staff and helping them for success, supervise staff performance, interview applicants or set up training program for new staff as necessary, control financials, ensuring product safety and meeting guidelines of health rules as well as regulations standard, interacting with guest, cash control, assigning daily projects to staff and closing out unit at the end of the day. Hardest part of the job was schedule that needed a better handling by superiors- schedules did not compliment managers quality of life.
Great!
Waiter (Former Employee), Sutton Coldfield, ENGJanuary 15, 2015
Very good place to work

friendly staff

Great customers

OK PAY
Hectic
Server (Former Employee), New york, NYJanuary 14, 2015
working in Times Square no moment is dry. Fast fast fast. If you need a crash course in how to be a server work here you'll work so hard that any restaurant small or large will seem like a piece of cake
Fun job
Server Coach (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: 1/2 off food, meet tons of people
Cons: deal with crazy people
Server life at Fridays can be challenging, but enjoyable. The servers are so much fun to be around, even during the rough days, the staff found someway to make you laugh. If you enjoy waiting tables, you will enjoy working at Fridays.
Disgraceful store
line chef (Former Employee), braeheadJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: long hours if pay is you're goal
Cons: listed in my review
I am a former Kp and line chef working all stations of this particular store in two spells spanning over 5 years, it used to be a good environment where I took pride in my job and my colleagues and management all got on really well, but over the years it grew through management in incompetence, the hiring policy was poor, the way the staff are treated is poor, managers have been known to bully and scheme against people they have personal issues with, some are even known harass staff, they completely disregard health and safety procedures and adapt protocols to suit the situation, a complete lack of respect for staff, guests and no consistency in the job whatsoever, different rules each shift! Long thankless hours and they will try and con you out of legally required breaks and "justify" it to fool you, the company is good to work for but this store is appalling, please do not consider lightly!
it is a great place to work if you want a job that doesn't show any favoritism
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals, heatlh benifits
Cons: short breaks, work on major holidays
during my time at TGI Friday's i have worked with people who love to work and people who are very hard workers

1 2 3 4 5

About TGI FRIDAYS

Carlson Restaurants Worldwide (CRW) has a lot of Friday's for which to be thankful. A leader in full-service restaurants, the – Read more