Textron Employee Reviews

Great Company
Corp & TFC IT Infrastructure Intern (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 22, 2016
As a Year Up intern at Textron, I have learned and absorbed so much during my time here. Part of the Infrastructure team, we dealt with a lot of analysis and financial aspects of IT. I have become a "pro" at using Excel, as well as using Microsoft Office 2007, 2013, and 2016. I can definitely see myself or someone else growing and expanding their horizons while working for this company.
No fond memories
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mechanical EngineerMay 16, 2016
I'd prefer to work somewhere that gives back to the community and helps people. I had a moral opposition to the position I held there.
Great benefits and plenty of hours
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lavonia, GAMay 9, 2016
I never worked less then 40 hours. The pay was very good, and there was always something new to learn. The only thing i disliked was only getting one day off a week.
Pros
great pay
Cons
work schedules were unorganized
foundy life is rough miss co-workers more than foundry life
Journeymen Millwright U.A.W. (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 1, 2016
hired in at 22 average age of employee was 55, 4 years under there belts and 4 to complete journey men card. the amount of info gathered from these fine man is and will always be priceless.
Pros
knowledge
Cons
foundry
Awesome company to work for
Financial Reporting Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 20, 2016
Awesome company that I had the opportunity to intern with. Worked roughly 40 hours a week never more than 50 hours a week. Management was good in helping me learn and giving me exposure to opportunities throughout the company.
Amazing Experience, hands on, friendly environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 18, 2016
I had a great time at Textron Systems. The people were friendly, the work fit my skill set and pushed me to learn more. They had plenty of work for us to do and activities and events to attend
Good pay and good work day.
Field Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  AfghanistanMarch 24, 2016
· Provides on-the-job training and classroom instruction to the Afghan National Army mechanics/supply clerks. Works with an Afghani interpreter to provide training. Performs installation, operation, and maintenance on the MSFV, related equipment, integrated systems, and subsystems. Troubleshoots, analyzes and determines necessary repairs up to Depot level on the MSFV and takes corrective actions.
Pros
Work is very easy
Cons
Family separation
TRU Simulation+Training Business Unit
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMarch 23, 2016
I was hired for the accounting department but somehow had to work IT technical tickets and take over HR responsibilities. I had a hard time learning anything because my boss was constantly changing my responsibilities before I could learn them. The IT department sent all system issues concerning time keeping software to me because they did not know how to work in the system nor did they want to learn. I was hired as hourly and told there was no overtime but my boss always called me over the weekend asking me to check the system or time cards. I ended up working every other Sunday because management never did their job responsibility concerning time cards. I could never enjoy my days off or holiday breaks because my boss would call or send my texts (on my personal phone) to work. Was told by my boss that I should always take my laptop home in-case she needed me to do something after work hours. My boss had no concern for her employee's work life balance.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not Orgainized on Responsiblities
Great People, Poor Work Life Balance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 13, 2016
There are some amazing people that work here, it's sad they arent treated better by management. Management has no respect for employee's personal time.
Really calm place, nice workers. Love it here
Security Officer at the lobby desk (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 6, 2016
Everyone is friendly, you build a bond with the daily people that come in to work, no complains. Friday-Sunday is really calm, not much to do, but still need make sure the building is secure and safe.
very organized
Multi-Spindle set up (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 1, 2016
Typical day set up and run multi spindle machines,sharpen tools on grinder,change tools as needed, inspect parts,clean area. Best part of job was getting machine to run quality parts. hardest part was learning all the different parts
Valuable learning experience
SAP Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 29, 2016
Very positive corporate environment with good work-life balance culture. adequate benefit and retirement package. diverse multi-cultural environment.
OK for a few year but not a palce to build a career
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 15, 2016
Ok if all you want to do is get a paycheck for a few years but no career growth path and manage is always wanting more and more for less and less
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No growth path
My team members are the bset
Systems/Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 20, 2016
As its always said, there is no I in team. I have the best group of fellow co-workers from engineering to production and everything in between. We all have specific skills and work hard to accomplish any task.
Productive and Fun Pllace to work!
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 8, 2016
My coworkers were incredibly talented and eager to help new hires on board. I was impressed with the enthusiasm that was prevalent in the work team.
Pros
Occassional free lunches
Cons
Long daily comute to work but was getting used to it.
Great Place
Soldering/Electro Mech Assembler (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MANovember 15, 2015
Great working environment with friendly people. Great HR dept. Mon-Thurs 9 hrs with a Fri 4 hour day, Awesome. Clean conditions and high attention to safety.
Pros
Friendly environment all around
Morale is low
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2015
Life work balance is not great for Production Managers and all departments are stretched thin. There are not very many opportunities to advance once in a management role.
Enjoyed working for CamCar Textron
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 13, 2015
Enjoyed the people I worked with at Textron, it was like working with family. Everyone worked well together to get the work done. Job satisfaction was really good, company did things for the employees to show their appreciation for doing the job. Pay was good, insurance was really good and affordable, 401k plan was really good.
Pros
Cons
Textron closed this facility
Professional enviorment
Ecectro-Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAOctober 12, 2015
Excellent place to establish a career, long or short. Benefits are equal to nominal industry requirements. There are may opportunities to excel your career..
Great place to work and unlimited opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Textron is a great company with good leadership in some areas and difficult culture in others. It is a great place to start your career and try a number of different jobs and cultures, all under one umbrella.
Pros
Global reach, connected enterprise, good products, good people
Cons
Many decisions based on short term shareholder perception instead of long term viability