Textron Employee Reviews

TRU Simulation+Training Business Unit
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMarch 23, 2016
I was hired for the accounting department but somehow had to work IT technical tickets and take over HR responsibilities. I had a hard time learning anything because my boss was constantly changing my responsibilities before I could learn them. The IT department sent all system issues concerning time keeping software to me because they did not know how to work in the system nor did they want to learn. I was hired as hourly and told there was no overtime but my boss always called me over the weekend asking me to check the system or time cards. I ended up working every other Sunday because management never did their job responsibility concerning time cards. I could never enjoy my days off or holiday breaks because my boss would call or send my texts (on my personal phone) to work. Was told by my boss that I should always take my laptop home in-case she needed me to do something after work hours. My boss had no concern for her employee's work life balance.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not Orgainized on Responsiblities
Valuable learning experience
SAP Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 29, 2016
Very positive corporate environment with good work-life balance culture. adequate benefit and retirement package. diverse multi-cultural environment.
Poor management/ constant Lies
Fitter/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJuly 22, 2016
Benefits are the only thing this company offers that is good. Temp employees get no benefits though. They lie to the employees and the temporary help. Tell you what they think you want to hear to hope you stay around a lil longer. Promised employees raises and don't deliver when you are truly deserving. Promise the temp employees (which is all they hire now) permanent positions with benefits but don't deliver when the time comes. Lots of turn over in the workforce due to this. Poor management and no accountability so if you are good at your job be prepared to spend half your day fixing stupid peoples mistakes while they just keep right on making more mistakes. This company does not know how to treat good people. If you are lazy and dont care about your future or the future of the company this is the job for you. Work is comparable to shipbuilding but on a smaller scale. Really a shame, even lower management doesnt like the way they have to treat the employees.
Pros
Immediate benefits if you hire on direct with company
Cons
Poor mangement, Lies, turnover in the workforce, no accountability, rotating shifts, mandatory overtime
OK for a few year but not a palce to build a career
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 15, 2016
Ok if all you want to do is get a paycheck for a few years but no career growth path and manage is always wanting more and more for less and less
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No growth path
Great People, Poor Work Life Balance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 13, 2016
There are some amazing people that work here, it's sad they arent treated better by management. Management has no respect for employee's personal time.
Great Company
Corp & TFC IT Infrastructure Intern (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 22, 2016
As a Year Up intern at Textron, I have learned and absorbed so much during my time here. Part of the Infrastructure team, we dealt with a lot of analysis and financial aspects of IT. I have become a "pro" at using Excel, as well as using Microsoft Office 2007, 2013, and 2016. I can definitely see myself or someone else growing and expanding their horizons while working for this company.
Professional enviorment
Ecectro-Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAOctober 12, 2015
Excellent place to establish a career, long or short. Benefits are equal to nominal industry requirements. There are may opportunities to excel your career..
My team members are the bset
Systems/Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 20, 2016
As its always said, there is no I in team. I have the best group of fellow co-workers from engineering to production and everything in between. We all have specific skills and work hard to accomplish any task.
Great place to work and unlimited opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Textron is a great company with good leadership in some areas and difficult culture in others. It is a great place to start your career and try a number of different jobs and cultures, all under one umbrella.
Pros
Global reach, connected enterprise, good products, good people
Cons
Many decisions based on short term shareholder perception instead of long term viability
Good pay and good work day.
Field Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  AfghanistanMarch 24, 2016
· Provides on-the-job training and classroom instruction to the Afghan National Army mechanics/supply clerks. Works with an Afghani interpreter to provide training. Performs installation, operation, and maintenance on the MSFV, related equipment, integrated systems, and subsystems. Troubleshoots, analyzes and determines necessary repairs up to Depot level on the MSFV and takes corrective actions.
Pros
Work is very easy
Cons
Family separation
It was a Family oriented business untill Ransomes & Textron took it over.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 4, 2015
I worked in the machine shop, running machinery conducive to the manufacture of off road vehicles. It was not air conditioned or heated very well. It was physically demanding work. It was frustrating but rewarding. I miss it but I can't physically handle that type of work anymore.
I learned manufacturing processes, how to use many hand and mechanical tools. I grew up at this job.
Management was great for the most part.
My co-workers became like family.
Walking away the last day the plant was open.
The culture.
Pros
pride & satisfaction in the work you did. pay & benefits were awesome.
Cons
hard, hot and cold dirty work. physical toll was huge.
Avoid at all cost.
Corporate Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 16, 2015
Sacramento Location Exited December 2014.
They Underpay, Cheap Benefits, Lots of employees counting down to retirement, Management is unorganized, EVERYONE is in fear of being fired so they blame their errors on everyone else (Even when they were not working that day), Maintenance manager is incompetent, GM ignores problems until its a mess, Worst place I have ever worked in my 15 year career doing aircraft maintenance contracting.

They do not deserve any stars.
Pros
weekend night shift pay perks
Cons
management
foundy life is rough miss co-workers more than foundry life
Journeymen Millwright U.A.W. (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 1, 2016
hired in at 22 average age of employee was 55, 4 years under there belts and 4 to complete journey men card. the amount of info gathered from these fine man is and will always be priceless.
Pros
knowledge
Cons
foundry
Awesome company to work for
Financial Reporting Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 20, 2016
Awesome company that I had the opportunity to intern with. Worked roughly 40 hours a week never more than 50 hours a week. Management was good in helping me learn and giving me exposure to opportunities throughout the company.
Great benefits and plenty of hours
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lavonia, GAMay 9, 2016
I never worked less then 40 hours. The pay was very good, and there was always something new to learn. The only thing i disliked was only getting one day off a week.
Pros
great pay
Cons
work schedules were unorganized
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 14, 2016
Great place to be employed. Good management ,good team members, and enjoyable environment. Overall great experience with Textron aviation, and is business partners.
Great compensation but poor enviroment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 7, 2016
The atmosphere was treated like a high school. Forced to work extended hours with little to no notice, and little to no on the job training.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, Management
Enjoyed working for CamCar Textron
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 13, 2015
Enjoyed the people I worked with at Textron, it was like working with family. Everyone worked well together to get the work done. Job satisfaction was really good, company did things for the employees to show their appreciation for doing the job. Pay was good, insurance was really good and affordable, 401k plan was really good.
Pros
Cons
Textron closed this facility
Amazing Experience, hands on, friendly environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 18, 2016
I had a great time at Textron Systems. The people were friendly, the work fit my skill set and pushed me to learn more. They had plenty of work for us to do and activities and events to attend
Really calm place, nice workers. Love it here
Security Officer at the lobby desk (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 6, 2016
Everyone is friendly, you build a bond with the daily people that come in to work, no complains. Friday-Sunday is really calm, not much to do, but still need make sure the building is secure and safe.