Textron Employee Reviews

Great work place
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI12 July 2017
Work long hours. Great place to start a career or learn on the job. Flexible hours. Great supervisor.
Must pay attention to detail.
Loved this place
Pros
On your own schedule
Cons
Not enough income
Very poor work environment
Logistics ManagerLogistics (Former Employee) –  Augusta Georgia10 July 2017
Was lied on and fired for no reason so that my supervisor could bring into new Caucasian people and five me and the other African-American was doing more than one duty and only getting paid for one was treated very poorly management was poor but I was working on the MAU so I don't know if I can blame text Job but I blame them if I have it in May you run my department
Misplaced Priorities
Employee (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD20 June 2017
Textron's priorities are to its shareholders vice its employees or customers. They routinely lay-off the senior personnel to pinch pennies leaving an inexperienced and non-productive staff. The burden of which falls on the few remaining experienced employees.
Pros
competitive pay with respect to college degrees attained
Cons
Poor management
Productive and a great job for college students and more.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MA8 June 2017
I learned a lot from working at Textron. I gathered customer service experience from every day tasks. I learned a lot about a companies security and how crucial it can be to the success of a company. It kept my productive all the time, whether I was signing people in, answering phone calls, or doing the patrols of the facility, I was constantly doing something. I enjoyed the job and the pay was decent for a college student. The only hard part about the job was the shifts. Working in security for Textron was a 24 hour/365 days a year job. There would be weeks when I would work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift and it was a little challenging. Other than that I enjoyed my time at Textron.
Good place to learn foundation of supply chain operations
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI6 June 2017
Good place to learn how supply chain operations work, but Textron is not the best place to learn about innovation. They are good about moving people around between business units but management in the smaller business units is flawed.
Not a team atmosphere
High Volume data entry of invoices for payment (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TX1 June 2017
We work individually and not much team work is done. I listen work with other business units making sure the PO's can three match. Management is not good.
benefits
Cons
short breaks and negativity
Busy
Program Control Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MD31 May 2017
Busy, busy, busy.... everyday is a challenge. If you like challenges then this place is for you. Unfortunately I have other goals in my life I need to pursue. The Job here has been very rewarding so far. I could say Job security is a definite upside to this employment found here.
Productive enjoy place to work
Test Engineer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MA22 May 2017
Production test equipment support and troubleshooting
Enjoy place to work and learned of lots from co-worker
Great management
Great Team works
Fixing test stations
Enjoyabel mix of businesses
DIRECTOR, Integrated Supply Chain, Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC22 May 2017
Textron Supply Chain was never boring. With a mixture of businesses around the world and in multiple industries, there was never a shortage of work or project that needed to be completed. I enjoyed the people, although seven years of continuous travel became tiring. I loved the job and wish that they had not disbanded the global team in the economic downturn.
Pros
The people and products
Cons
travel
very friendly
Commercial sales and international shipping (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA19 May 2017
textron is a great company to work for they are like one big family they have a great passion in making sure their customer are satisfied with their brand and product and really go above and beyond for their customers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
very fun
Supply Chain Management Liaison (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS16 May 2017
i loved my job at textron and left unfortunately because i was moving to another country, but would love to come back.
now that i am coming back to the usa i would like to try for another position there.
Company that takes care of employees
Documentation Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PA13 May 2017
Great place to work! Great benefits, plenty of opportunity to earn learning certifications. Easy to work with co-workers. Great motivation programs.
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Cons
N/a
Over 30 years here......great place to work.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MA27 April 2017
The people here are very nice and fun to work with. Like a big family. They are a company for the people. Work to make sure benefits are good and folks are happy in their environment.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Hardwork
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA24 April 2017
communicating with my peers
getting to learn new part numbers
memorize part numbers
workplace is calm
typical day at work, is getting the bins fill
No room for growth
Senior Configuration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MD11 April 2017
Not a bad place to work however the work environment is negative overall. Team moral seems to go down every year. It is also very hard to climb in the company. Even with years of experience the company will not promote you without going back to school to get your masters degree. Pay is also not as high as competing companies.
Fun work place
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA7 April 2017
Fun work place everyone is very nice. I love my work place because it is comfortable. My work place give me satisfaction to stay a long time because I enjoy it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
okay
Accountant (Current Employee) –  TBD30 March 2017
Has its ups and downs; overall a good place to work with good people. There are many different business units and areas to get involved in, and most managers support cross-functional training.
Challenging and exciting work environment
Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI30 March 2017
Textron Systems is a diverse aerospace and defense company with multiple locations across the US. The company produces innovative products that serve the US military, foreign governments and the aerospace industry. The work is challenging and rewarding.
fun place to work with,involve with the engineering they are so friendly
Team Leader/Assembler III (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MA22 March 2017
this place really nice to work with I learns so much skill from ,you have so many opportunity to learn to do different thing every years.it help you and prepare for your next opportunity. I
not very productive company
Material Handler/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LA20 March 2017
i worked on military tanks, cars etc ,changed electrical cables,changed headlight worked on tank communications ,i worked on anything that was broken on the tank
Pros
gained alot of experience
Cons
very low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Textron. Our community is ready to answer.