Textron Employee Reviews

Not making good decisions
Sr Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS11 November 2016
The company focuses on reducing cost by looking at tangible items rather than how to cut cost by improving processes. There is so much opportunity for this company if they'd just pay attention. Recently it has just been layoff after layoff! Which make the work life so difficult. The motto is "Do more with less" but that can only go so far until you have the rest of the team stressed to the max.
They make known they want to replace talent with new college grads.
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
Company doesnt beleive in paying for benefits, Stress is so high people are dropping like flies
Engineering Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MA23 November 2016
A typical day at work was very busy. I learned to work with engineers and various support personnel. Direct management was always supportive and extremely helpful. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was lack of calibration personnel to support the lab. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with my co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Upper management
Company does not value their employees
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Lavonia, GA24 October 2016
Kautex Lavonia does not value their employees. Management changes like a revolving door. Company wants to manage with inexperienced young managers. The Human Resource and EHS Managers were always out of office on business or vacation. HR and EHS managers were hardly ever in their office for associates to express their concerns. Company has too much diversity and cultures under one roof. Communication is difficult especially for associates that do not speak and understand English.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Diversity = communication failure
BS Company
Talent Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA29 December 2016
I find it to be ridiculous that they have this position still open and yet i applied for this position almost a week ago and they sent me a denial email stating they found someone that's more suitable. what I find to be even more ridiculous is that I met all of their qualifications for this job and they still claim they found someone else that's more suitable.
Textron Systems is a Company dedicated to protecting the warfighter by providing them the tools they need to protect Freedom
Benefit and Wellness Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MA17 November 2016
There is longevity in Textron Systems and pride in the products that they produce.
They take great interest in developing new employees to move the company into the future.
No Fond Memories
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MD16 October 2016
If you like a college atmosphere this place is for you, only millennials are hired and promoted. Program knowledge gone. Recommend working anywhere but for this company. Declining DoD revenue, layoffs are prevalent.
Pros
Cons
Layoffs, Poor work conditions, High priced health insurance, 5 yr 401K employer vesting too long
Good place to work, different scenery everyday and freedom to do your job with minimal supervision
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL15 November 2016
If you like golf and like to travel this is the job for you. Along with this job you'll learn more about different areas and also get to interact with various types of people.
I would assign an overall letter grade of B+
Principal Mechanical Engineer - Fluid Systems (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LA29 August 2016
Excellent overall work environment, but the division I worked in was very much behind-the-times in their adoption of new computer technology that could have greatly increased productivity.
Pros
Good People to work with
Cons
Workforce is subject to major fluctuations from year to year
Material Handler/Certified Forklift Operator
Material Handler/Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA22 December 2016
Good company to work for. Great teamwork, work environment. I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking for an opportunity for growth and good learning opportunities as well.
Ok job
Senior Electrician (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LA8 January 2017
No set work times. Forced overtime. Not following labor laws and overworking employees. The management doesn't talk to the employees are have a clue about what's happening with the safety of the company
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
No job security
Collaborative Production Environment
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MA2 October 2016
Textron Systems is a contract manufacturer of aerospace and defense products. Continuous Improvement is a primary focus as we seek to enhance well established processes.
Pros
Development, People
Cons
Speed to Market
I enjoyed working with the customers
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts18 October 2016
I'd go to work and break shift with the person before me we would tally up the paperwork and break shift. Then I would start my day.
Pros
I just loved working with the public.
Cons
The days were long because of working a day job
Treated well
Senior Flight Crew (Former Employee) –  Dugway, UT19 December 2016
I spent 6 years with Textron and have zero complaints. My move from the company was purely for my family. I had plenty of opportunities to advance and felt that I was rewarded for the work I put in accordingly.
Good place to start career after college
Systems Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MD18 January 2017
This is a good company to start a career at with an entry level job. Folks are nice, good location (Hunt Valley, MD...close to Baltimore). Compensation and benefits are competitive.
Great Company
Corp & TFC IT Infrastructure Intern (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI22 June 2016
As a Year Up intern at Textron, I have learned and absorbed so much during my time here. Part of the Infrastructure team, we dealt with a lot of analysis and financial aspects of IT. I have become a "pro" at using Excel, as well as using Microsoft Office 2007, 2013, and 2016. I can definitely see myself or someone else growing and expanding their horizons while working for this company.
productive and fu work place
Materials Lead (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GA7 December 2016
i learned how to adapt to people with different ethnic backgrounds. I really going to miss the relationship that were made there.
Pros
very diverse place to work
Cons
mandatory saturdays
great company
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MA7 November 2016
I worked there for a little while and loved it. They are great to their employees and a fun place to work. They have a great benefit package and banking on site. I would go back to work their anytime
Excellent Opportunity for Advancement
EVENTS & CHANNEL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC23 August 2016
Textron offers excellent opportunity for advancement and encourages transition to new and more challenging roles. Management is very good, and I have had great experiences with all of the supervisors here.
Great company, Great money.
GOCO UAS Operator/Mission Coordinator (MC) (Former Employee) –  Kandahar, Afghanistan20 September 2016
A typical day in job was to create mission plans outlining the key objective of our customers within the scope of our abilities and limitations of aircraft and personnel.
Data Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NH31 October 2016
Again, having worked here for many years, I was able to enhance my skills, working in many different areas. Having the role of DC manager I was able to see all phases of the business.