Textron Employee Reviews

Productive enjoy place to work
Test Engineer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MA22 May 2017
Production test equipment support and troubleshooting
Enjoy place to work and learned of lots from co-worker
Great management
Great Team works
Fixing test stations
very friendly
Commercial sales and international shipping (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA19 May 2017
textron is a great company to work for they are like one big family they have a great passion in making sure their customer are satisfied with their brand and product and really go above and beyond for their customers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
very fun
Supply Chain Management Liaison (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS16 May 2017
i loved my job at textron and left unfortunately because i was moving to another country, but would love to come back.
now that i am coming back to the usa i would like to try for another position there.
Company that takes care of employees
Documentation Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PA13 May 2017
Great place to work! Great benefits, plenty of opportunity to earn learning certifications. Easy to work with co-workers. Great motivation programs.
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Cons
N/a
Over 30 years here......great place to work.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MA27 April 2017
The people here are very nice and fun to work with. Like a big family. They are a company for the people. Work to make sure benefits are good and folks are happy in their environment.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Hardwork
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA24 April 2017
communicating with my peers
getting to learn new part numbers
memorize part numbers
workplace is calm
typical day at work, is getting the bins fill
No room for growth
Senior Configuration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MD11 April 2017
Not a bad place to work however the work environment is negative overall. Team moral seems to go down every year. It is also very hard to climb in the company. Even with years of experience the company will not promote you without going back to school to get your masters degree. Pay is also not as high as competing companies.
Fun work place
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA7 April 2017
Fun work place everyone is very nice. I love my work place because it is comfortable. My work place give me satisfaction to stay a long time because I enjoy it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
okay
Accountant (Current Employee) –  TBD30 March 2017
Has its ups and downs; overall a good place to work with good people. There are many different business units and areas to get involved in, and most managers support cross-functional training.
Challenging and exciting work environment
Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI30 March 2017
Textron Systems is a diverse aerospace and defense company with multiple locations across the US. The company produces innovative products that serve the US military, foreign governments and the aerospace industry. The work is challenging and rewarding.
fun place to work with,involve with the engineering they are so friendly
Team Leader/Assembler III (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MA22 March 2017
this place really nice to work with I learns so much skill from ,you have so many opportunity to learn to do different thing every years.it help you and prepare for your next opportunity. I
not very productive company
Material Handler/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LA20 March 2017
i worked on military tanks, cars etc ,changed electrical cables,changed headlight worked on tank communications ,i worked on anything that was broken on the tank
Pros
gained alot of experience
Cons
very low pay
Defense Company
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MA27 February 2017
Textron was a good place to work I was responsible for 30 people and all of them helped us meet schedule and build plan. I had a standard work day, i.e. meeting about floor issues with management team everyday, SQDIP (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Productivity. This was discussed with Floor operators everyday. The most difficult part of the job came towards the end. We had to make schedule with all of us knowing we were losing our jobs. They all gave 100% to make sure it happened. We didn't get to many "I'm done attitudes". Everyone took pride in their work. The hardest part of the job was meeting schedule when people were out. We had to readjust personnel to continue to meet our objectives. The most enjoyable part was meeting the schedule and the people. our individuals would do as much as they could to help us meet schedule.
I attained relevant knowledge for basis skills.
Basis Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX21 February 2017
The Textron Basis role was a simple monitoring role. The more that I started to understand their systems and the developers who use them, the more knowledge and experiences I was attaining. Eventually if the company is not prepared and organized properly, it is difficult to get access to needed applications and learn fresher things.
Pros
Great opportunity for me to express my thinking
Cons
Very restricting when It comes to graduating to the next level.
I stayed busy and the work was good and usually challenging.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS20 February 2017
I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I stayed busy and the work was good and usually challenging. My management that I knew were a good group of guys. The production teams were good to work with and I enjoyed being their inspector.
Horrible corporate culture
Sr. Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL17 February 2017
Textron Unmanned Systems division is divisive and toxic. The company appreciates adherence and top-line revenue, at times, at the expense of customer responsiveness.
Do not work here
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS13 February 2017
This is a horrible job, you will work very hard everyday from sunup to sundown plus overtime and then out of the blue you will get laid off or fired. This company does not care about individuals. There is no home life with this company and no room for advancement unless you are part of the clique. Managers display alot of favortism. Interns account for 75% of the work force and if you work here you will probably be relplaced by one within 2 years with the company. There is no structure, no procedures, no guidelines. Alot of backstabbing in this company.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
Come in early, stay late, and no bonuses or promotions-mandatory overtime
Diverse organization with terrific opportunities. Focus on placing best people in best posittions.
Director, IT Program Office (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX31 January 2017
If you seek the opportunity to work in IT supporting multiple industries and locations while remaining in a single company, Textron is a good place for you.
Coordinator position
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MA29 January 2017
Started out as security police officer and then promoted internal to the warehouse section. Enjoyed working with management and co workers. Worked on a government project.
Pros
Cons
defense contract declined
Best Company I worked for
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA28 January 2017
I worked for this company for almost 16 years, and the only reason I left is because my division was adversely affected by the credit crisis in 2008. Upward mobility was excellent; as evidenced by the 8 positions with increasing responsibility that I had during my tenure. We worked hard, and played hard. This company felt more like family than a corporation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Textron. Our community is ready to answer.