Textron

Textron Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great pay, but layoffs are always close by
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Wichita KSJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: knee jerk managment
You'll make good money with good benefits. Management like to express how much they enjoy jetting around the world while you sit in the same factory day in and out. Layoffs happen, however the company does make an attempt to move people within business units if possible. All in all its a good place to be.
productive. friendly place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee), Slidell, LAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: short lunches overtime- sometime
This job can be a great job. You do learn a lot about warehousing. Co workers are down to earth. Management is not to bad. The hardest part of the job is dealing with no raises when you been there for five years. Most enjoyable part of the job is that its to easy of work
Better places out there to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Spencer, TNJuly 13, 2014
pay is not that great and they are not flexible on hours at all
Start up facility
Business Unit Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, MSJune 19, 2014
Pros: trainable and enthusiastic workforce
Cons: excessive hours
Implementation and setup of cellular manufacturing
Trained operators on setting up and running machinery
Quality training and first piece inspection
Developed process parameters
This Worse Mistake you will make in your Career and Life !
Sr. Designer at EZ-GO (Former Employee), Augusta,Ga.June 6, 2014
Speaking about EZ-GO Textron only; is by Far the Worse Managed Back Stabbing Unprofessional and Unexperienced Team you will ever experience in your Lifetime. It was Mine for sure !
shady place
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Slidell, LAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: knowledge
Cons: 3 shifts that you keep changing on
you get told do jobs that you don't have no knowledge off and then get in trouble if you mess them up, constant layoffs and rehire for less pay.
sweet in the sun , when it comes to people
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee), Thomasville, GAMarch 3, 2014
gain the knowledge to be good at dealing with customers and co-workers .
Stay away if you value your career
Engineering (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDMarch 3, 2014
Pros: hunt valley is adecent area
Cons: everything
Management is changing hands faster than they deal cards in Vegas. Co-workers are a toss up, some good some bad as expected anywhere. No room for advancement, improvement or outside ideas. If you don't want to drink the kool-aid you wont fit in.

I would honestly recommend a job at wal-mart before coming here, and yes I've worked for wal-mart in college.
Good job. I was able to be placed in different positions that gave me a lot of experience.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Troy, MIFebruary 7, 2014
It was a good place to work. Enjoyed the people that worked there. I was able to move to different positions which allowed me to experience diversity that each position gave me.
Excelent Company
File Clerk (Former Employee), Warwick, RIFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere and great mamagment.
Cons: textron financial was move down south.
Great company to work, great benefits and co worker. always psoitive.
Principal Mfg. Engineer (Former Employee), Wilmington, MA 01887January 31, 2014
Pros: 4 9 hour days and a 4 hour day on friday
Cons: no work
Used to be a great place to work but as the work slowed down the morale of the company went down also.
worked in the role of Software Development intern
Product Development (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 21, 2014
• Developed and released software application for “SIDEKICK Plus” (market leading device in telecom line testing).
• Managed and developed single view software product and mobile device driver with offshore team.
Good company to work for except for supervisors
supervisor (Former Employee), williamsportJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: very safe. lots of investments in new technology
Cons: union runs the show. hard place to be a supervisor
The Union runs the place. Changes come at a glacial pace. Company makes a great product. Safety record top-notch.
Field Service Technician Afghanistan 2013
FST II (Current Employee), AfghanistanJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: training afghan national army
Cons: concern of being killed
Very poor management striving for contract longevity while risking safety.
I would have retired from Textron if the company had not closed
Documentation Coordinator (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 27, 2013
Pros: outings to baseball games and differnt function
Cons: a lot of late nights.
My typical day was filled with a lot of different things. I learned a lot about finance and contracts. My manager was the best one I think I've ever had. The hardest part of my job was telling my work/family good bye.
Summary
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee), Hurst, TXDecember 13, 2013
I gather requirements for implementing various ERP systems, mostly in SAP and Oracle. We help the various accounting and tax departments to make sure their requirements are met once a system has been implemented, or being implemented. We look for efficiency and leverage on existing documentation to help the client achieve these goals.

After implementation – more... of a system we provide on going support to make the system is working as designed. – less
Engineer draftsman
Associate Production Engineer (Former Employee), Rockford, IllinoisNovember 15, 2013
I enjoyed the people and was able to draw prints on a large variety of parts
Stressna aircraft
aircraft mechanic (Former Employee), KansasNovember 4, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: united health care
pay is substandard, for working on multimillion dollar aircraft, benefits are nonexistent , management knows less than new guys, job security is ok if you have 10 plus years, equal opportunity as long as your not a white/ male. Promotions are seldom, flight safety training is a 5 year wait or more, Insurance get worse every year by thousands of dollars, – more... moral is sickening, pay freeze for the last 4 years, employee turnover is high, great people all laying down on company due to contract, production lost at least 30% productivity in the last few years, due to benefits being slashed. I would never consider going back. UNC deductible exceeds $8,200 a year out of pocket. – less
Good group of people to work with in management and hourly
Heat Treat Process Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXOctober 26, 2013
Pros: good company that is saftey strong and continuously improving production
Cons: bell does a lot of lay off that include management and hourly.
I really liked working with Bell Helicopter, I supervised 14 good operators and worked with different supervisors that enjoyed all working together.
Greenlee customer service
Customer Service Rep Jr. Greenlee (Former Employee), Vista, CASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: good benefits and flexible hours
Cons: no constructed manuel book for training
My work with Greenlee Textron was a fast past environment with little supervision from my manager. We start our morning with checking our emails because most of orders and return for authorization are done on emails. I have learned so much about the company and unique skills. I have learned great deals about other large company like AT&T, John Deere – more... Landscapes, and other individual companies. Handling each account was interesting and are handled differently. We handle different accounts and I would say its more of a account management. Management was helpful and insightful about resources for the employee. My co-workers were helpful. There is nothing hard that I have encounter beside, just not being able to provide the information customer need because the company no longer carry the equipment because they stop making the products. However, I do enjoy helping out customer which makes my day. – less

1 2 3 4

About Textron

Officers, corporate and military, really take to Textron: The company's  E-Z-GO golf carts enrich their golfing jaunts, while – Read more