Textron

Textron Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Avoid at all cost.
Corporate Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: weekend night shift pay perks
Cons: management
Sacramento Location Exited December 2014.
They Underpay, Cheap Benefits, Lots of employees counting down to retirement, Management is unorganized, EVERYONE is in fear of being fired so they blame their errors on everyone else (Even when they were not working that day), Maintenance manager is incompetent, GM ignores problems until its a mess, Worst place I have ever worked in my 15 year career doing aircraft maintenance contracting.

They do not deserve any stars.
There was an area for staff having a break and to relax
Translator (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good job nature
I start work at 9:00 a.m. to collect articles from magazines and newspapers regarding the themes of work that I am to translate. This is part of gathering the information and terms related to the source language. Then I would translate the article on the computer and proofread it upon completion. I enjoyed the whole process of work because I am a person who loves working with words, vocabularies and computer. I remark that work time always passed quickly because I greatly appreciate the work nature.

I learned a lot of techiques in regards to translation especially in the literature aspect. It was to me an art of transforming the source language into the target language. I gained a lot of precious experience in achieving the professional level of faith, accuracy and elegance. These are three principles of translation.

My co-workers were extremely nice and co-operative. We were good team players. We helped each other whenever problems occurred.

Regarding management, I learned the skills of problem solving, time management, result-oriented and involvement in the job. Most significantly, I found an excellent job that could arouse my passion and enthusiam that became the most enjoyable part of the job.
It was a Family oriented business untill Ransomes & Textron took it over.
Machine operator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 4, 2015
Pros: pride & satisfaction in the work you did. pay & benefits were awesome.
Cons: hard, hot and cold dirty work. physical toll was huge.
I worked in the machine shop, running machinery conducive to the manufacture of off road vehicles. It was not air conditioned or heated very well. It was physically demanding work. It was frustrating but rewarding. I miss it but I can't physically handle that type of work anymore.
I learned manufacturing processes, how to use many hand and mechanical tools. I grew up at this job.
Management was great for the most part.
My co-workers became like family.
Walking away the last day the plant was open.
The culture.
Excellent Place to Work!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 4, 2015
Pros: high end environment, nice people
enjoyed culture and environment. People great to work with. You work well, you get paid well. You give your best, and you will not only have self reward, but you will be rewarded and recognized by Textron.
Fun environment and friendly people
Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: getting to each lunch with my boss
Cons: being laid off
My day began with greetings all through the office of hello and good morning how are you, till I arrived at my cubicle. I would answer any emails or voicemails and process any expenses that my Director would have and start planning her travels for different states and counties. I really did not have any hard tasks to complete or in my daily routine. I most enjoyed coming to work and see all the friendly faces and getting to know the people that worked for Textron.
Good company but unless you have a degree you can't advance
Accounts Receivable/Dispute Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay.
Cons: will not advance unless you have a degree
Management does not promote from within and it is hard to transfer between departments. Management does not communicate will with the employees.
weekly
Department Manager (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Cons: everthing
consistent change with no direction of improvement or goals.
work assignments added with no support to accomplish them.
weekly
Department Manager (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Cons: everthing
consistent change with no direction of improvement or goals.
work assignments added with no support to accomplish them.
Very Injoyable Position
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Office manager overseeing 2 employees in the AP and AR positions. Responsible for payroll, human resources, creating and coding to general ledger accounts, bank reconcile, accounts payable and accounts receivable reconcile. Utilizing Peachtree Quantum, Excel and Outlook
Typical Manufacturing Plant
Former Value Stream Leader (Former Employee), Wichita, KsJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay, safety culture
Cons: weak management + week human resources. experience does not carry much weight with the directors, ability to move to other business units extremely difficult.
Textron does a great job at implementing changes but fails miserably with the Control phase. For every step forward they take 2 steps back. Product quality is at an all time low and there is no real structure put in place to help employees succeed.

Lack of experience has caused them to start regurgitating the same failed projects over and over again. They try very hard to implement Lean Principles but do not do a very good job of getting the employees to buy in this results in many failures.

Constantly playing politics instead of doing what is right
Fast Paced high demanding
A&P / IA - Crew Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: wide range of experience growth potential
Cons: medical plan lacking, pay structure low, pay increases spiratic
High turn rate on aircraft schedules, multiple aircraft types and projects. work scope changes on a daily basis.
A great company with good ideas
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Warwick, RIJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: seminars and learning
Cons: decisions could take a while to be made
This is a great company and they do value your opinion. They use six sigma across all their business units. They do work hard on improving everyday. Great benefits and great company culture
Company Cultural Shift
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDDecember 20, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: long, long expected hours
The culture had shifted at the former company from a product centric organization to a profit concentric organization from the recent acquisition. The people are the best in the organization but the corporate mind has shifted from a customer first mentality to a must meet unobtainable profit targets drive. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet the goals dealing with a non-technical management structure. Great satisfaction in creating innovative designs and leading highly competent individuals.
Great job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Thomasville, GANovember 19, 2014
I enjoyed my job, I learned a lot from management and co-workers. If given the chance I would work for the company again. This was a great job and a great company to work for . I hate that I was laid off.
Electronic assembly
Electronic assembly (Current Employee), Wilmington, MANovember 17, 2014
Pros: it is a company good to work.
Cons: i dont have any problems.
Touch-up and solder rework various surface mount and thru-Hole
device. Wiring and soldering to printed wiring assemblies. Responsible for cleaning and inspecting IPC-610 class 3 product
prior to submitting completed PWA's to final inspection.
Fridays were always a good day for golf in the office
Senior Collateral Specialist (Former Employee), Lake Oswego, ORNovember 7, 2014
Textron purchased Systran which was just a factoring company. After they purchased the company they expanded our business to other areas of financial lending. Which gave opportunity for growth. They were good about providing training and opportunities to learn other divisions business. There was some travel involved which was a great! My co-workers were like family. Management was good and very fair. I enjoyed working for them.
Uncomfortable place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RINovember 5, 2014
Co-workers are unfriendly and not willing to help each other
Productive workplace
Tester and lead over tractor assembly line (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: acceptance from some employees
Job was excellent source of training and advancing. Problems with men employees not liking women to advance.. Supervisor excellent and upper management excellent.. Not all men employees were like that.
SAP Basis Consultant
Sr. SAP Net-weaver Consultant (Former Employee), AugustaOctober 10, 2014
 Support all SAP systems in Global SAP-AG support center24/7 support center and supported all AG clients in EMEA and ASIA-Pacific.
 Handled critical problems in client systems like ABAP dumps, analyzed and implemented necessary corrections in SAP systems as per SAP notes.
 DB activities, Maintained Table space activities like index recreation and extent management.
 Done unreleased OSS notes testing in AG test environments and find out side effects in ABAP and BASIS and other related components.
 Done JAVA administration and resolved related problems through visual admin and config tool.
 Implemented SP- Stacks and support packs in client business minimal down time scenarios.
 Done Kernel upgrades in all the environments including UNIX and windows environments.
 Applied OSS notes (auto and Manual corrections) and adjusted profile parameters as per recommendations.
 Done software implementations as per client requirements.
 Done shadow copies for SAP – Training environments.
 Given KT to client and offshore teams for new implementations
• Provided cross functional expertise as fatigue and stress analyst. • Technical support to the new product development and sustaining activities.
Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaOctober 6, 2014
 Model Corvalis Aircraft - Horizontal and Vertical FEM validation: Carried out the FEM (FEMAP) analysis for the Corvalis horizontal and vertical. The FEM results were compared with the Corvalis test data. Based on the FEM results and test data, a correction factor was proposed for the future Corvalis FE analysis.
 Forward Bulkhead Feed thru Installation panel analysis: The panel was analyzed (FEMAP) for static cabin pressure load and ultimate load. A material non analysis was carried out to qualify the Forward Pressure Bulkhead assy. The FE analysis was validated through closed form solution.
FATIGUE AND DAMAGE TOLERANCE SUPPORT
 Crack Propagation Analysis for wing structures: Supported crack growth analysis for wing structures of various Cessna business jets (Cessna 510, 525, and 750 aircraft).
 Model 750 (AD 09-11) FWD Engine Mount Assy Analysis: Supported the residual strength requirement analysis for aircraft engine mount assembly. The FE model verification was done by correlating FE deformation results with beam deflection values computed from hand calculations.
 Aging Aircraft work support: Updated maintenance service manuals for Model 525 series aircraft. Evaluated inspections interval based on crack growth calculations. The old manuals had over conservative inspections as most inspections were based on testing and past experience.
 ECR and sustaining work Support: Worked with stress and design group on drawing review and ECR substantiation

1 2 3 4 5

About Textron

Officers, corporate and military, really take to Textron: The company's  E-Z-GO golf carts enrich their golfing jaunts, while – Read more