Textron Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
TRU Simulation+Training Business Unit
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCMarch 23, 2016
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Not Orgainized on Responsiblities
I was hired for the accounting department but somehow had to work IT technical tickets and take over HR responsibilities. I had a hard time learning anything because my boss was constantly changing my responsibilities before I could learn them. The IT department sent all system issues concerning time keeping software to me because they did not know how to work in the system nor did they want to learn. I was hired as hourly and told there was no overtime but my boss always called me over the weekend asking me to check the system or time cards. I ended up working every other Sunday because management never did their job responsibility concerning time cards. I could never enjoy my days off or holiday breaks because my boss would call or send my texts (on my personal phone) to work. Was told by my boss that I should always take my laptop home in-case she needed me to do something after work hours. My boss had no concern for her employee's work life balance.
Enjoyed working for CamCar Textron
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Rockford, ILOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: Textron closed this facility
Enjoyed the people I worked with at Textron, it was like working with family. Everyone worked well together to get the work done. Job satisfaction was really good, company did things for the employees to show their appreciation for doing the job. Pay was good, insurance was really good and affordable, 401k plan was really good.
Professional enviorment
Ecectro-Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAOctober 12, 2015
Excellent place to establish a career, long or short. Benefits are equal to nominal industry requirements. There are may opportunities to excel your career..
Valuable learning experience
SAP Business Analyst (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 29, 2016
Very positive corporate environment with good work-life balance culture. adequate benefit and retirement package. diverse multi-cultural environment.
Contract Specialist (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 27, 2015
It has a good working environment with a very dynamic group of departments managers. Benefits are good and the chances of moving through the different business units is a plus for anybody looking to advance.
It was a Family oriented business untill Ransomes & Textron took it over.
Machine operator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 4, 2015
Pros: pride & satisfaction in the work you did. pay & benefits were awesome.
Cons: hard, hot and cold dirty work. physical toll was huge.
I worked in the machine shop, running machinery conducive to the manufacture of off road vehicles. It was not air conditioned or heated very well. It was physically demanding work. It was frustrating but rewarding. I miss it but I can't physically handle that type of work anymore.
I learned manufacturing processes, how to use many hand and mechanical tools. I grew up at this job.
Management was great for the most part.
My co-workers became like family.
Walking away the last day the plant was open.
The culture.
Avoid at all cost.
Corporate Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: weekend night shift pay perks
Cons: management
Sacramento Location Exited December 2014.
They Underpay, Cheap Benefits, Lots of employees counting down to retirement, Management is unorganized, EVERYONE is in fear of being fired so they blame their errors on everyone else (Even when they were not working that day), Maintenance manager is incompetent, GM ignores problems until its a mess, Worst place I have ever worked in my 15 year career doing aircraft maintenance contracting.

They do not deserve any stars.
Good pay and good work day.
Field Service Technician II (Current Employee), AfghanistanMarch 24, 2016
Pros: Work is very easy
Cons: Family separation
· Provides on-the-job training and classroom instruction to the Afghan National Army mechanics/supply clerks. Works with an Afghani interpreter to provide training. Performs installation, operation, and maintenance on the MSFV, related equipment, integrated systems, and subsystems. Troubleshoots, analyzes and determines necessary repairs up to Depot level on the MSFV and takes corrective actions.
My team members are the bset
Systems/Test Engineer (Current Employee), Slidell, LAJanuary 20, 2016
As its always said, there is no I in team. I have the best group of fellow co-workers from engineering to production and everything in between. We all have specific skills and work hard to accomplish any task.
OK for a few year but not a palce to build a career
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: It's a job
Cons: No growth path
Ok if all you want to do is get a paycheck for a few years but no career growth path and manage is always wanting more and more for less and less
Great People, Poor Work Life Balance
Engineer (Former Employee), LouisianaMarch 13, 2016
There are some amazing people that work here, it's sad they arent treated better by management. Management has no respect for employee's personal time.
foundy life is rough miss co-workers more than foundry life
Journeymen Millwright U.A.W. (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIMay 1, 2016
Pros: knowledge
Cons: foundry
hired in at 22 average age of employee was 55, 4 years under there belts and 4 to complete journey men card. the amount of info gathered from these fine man is and will always be priceless.
Awesome company to work for
Financial Reporting Intern (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 20, 2016
Awesome company that I had the opportunity to intern with. Worked roughly 40 hours a week never more than 50 hours a week. Management was good in helping me learn and giving me exposure to opportunities throughout the company.
Really calm place, nice workers. Love it here
Security Officer at the lobby desk (Current Employee), Providence, RIMarch 6, 2016
Everyone is friendly, you build a bond with the daily people that come in to work, no complains. Friday-Sunday is really calm, not much to do, but still need make sure the building is secure and safe.
Great place to work and unlimited opportunities
Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Pros: Global reach, connected enterprise, good products, good people
Cons: Many decisions based on short term shareholder perception instead of long term viability
Textron is a great company with good leadership in some areas and difficult culture in others. It is a great place to start your career and try a number of different jobs and cultures, all under one umbrella.
Amazing Experience, hands on, friendly environment
Intern (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDApril 18, 2016
I had a great time at Textron Systems. The people were friendly, the work fit my skill set and pushed me to learn more. They had plenty of work for us to do and activities and events to attend
very organized
Multi-Spindle set up (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 1, 2016
Typical day set up and run multi spindle machines,sharpen tools on grinder,change tools as needed, inspect parts,clean area. Best part of job was getting machine to run quality parts. hardest part was learning all the different parts
No fond memories
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Mechanical EngineerMay 16, 2016
I'd prefer to work somewhere that gives back to the community and helps people. I had a moral opposition to the position I held there.
Productive and Fun Pllace to work!
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: Occassional free lunches
Cons: Long daily comute to work but was getting used to it.
My coworkers were incredibly talented and eager to help new hires on board. I was impressed with the enthusiasm that was prevalent in the work team.
Stressna aircraft
aircraft mechanic (Former Employee), KansasNovember 4, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: united health care
pay is substandard, for working on multimillion dollar aircraft, benefits are nonexistent , management knows less than new guys, job security is ok if you have 10 plus years, equal opportunity as long as your not a white/ male. Promotions are seldom, flight safety training is a 5 year wait or more, Insurance get worse every year by thousands of dollars, moral is sickening, pay freeze for the last 4 years, employee turnover is high, great people all laying down on company due to contract, production lost at least 30% productivity in the last few years, due to benefits being slashed. I would never consider going back. UNC deductible exceeds $8,200 a year out of pocket.
Revenue