Textron Employee Reviews

TRU Simulation+Training Business Unit
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMarch 23, 2016
I was hired for the accounting department but somehow had to work IT technical tickets and take over HR responsibilities. I had a hard time learning anything because my boss was constantly changing my responsibilities before I could learn them. The IT department sent all system issues concerning time keeping software to me because they did not know how to work in the system nor did they want to learn. I was hired as hourly and told there was no overtime but my boss always called me over the weekend asking me to check the system or time cards. I ended up working every other Sunday because management never did their job responsibility concerning time cards. I could never enjoy my days off or holiday breaks because my boss would call or send my texts (on my personal phone) to work. Was told by my boss that I should always take my laptop home in-case she needed me to do something after work hours. My boss had no concern for her employee's work life balance.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not Orgainized on Responsiblities
Great Local Team, Horrible Upper Management at HQ
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 18, 2016
The team I worked with in Huntsville was great. The worse part of this company is Hunt Valley. They forget and don't acknowledge remote sites. VP was non responsive to concerns and had poor communication skills. Honesty is the biggest concern with their code of business ethics. They tell you what you want to hear to keep you around then turn around and lay off key players without thinking of the ramification to the contracts. I understand business and I know everything is about the bottom dollar but lets not forget those that are making the bottom dollar for you. The hardest part of my job was staying positive in my position and keep office morale up with no reach to HQ to make any positive changes to keep people happy. The best part of my job was my site. We banned together with the downfall of our location and were genuine and hard working to get all the tasks done, while the customer loved our work they weren't happy with upper management usage of our talents and abilities that were limited by Hunt Valley.
Pros
My local team
Cons
Health care, upper management
Enjoyed working for CamCar Textron
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 13, 2015
Enjoyed the people I worked with at Textron, it was like working with family. Everyone worked well together to get the work done. Job satisfaction was really good, company did things for the employees to show their appreciation for doing the job. Pay was good, insurance was really good and affordable, 401k plan was really good.
Pros
Cons
Textron closed this facility
Poor management/ constant Lies
Fitter/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJuly 22, 2016
Benefits are the only thing this company offers that is good. Temp employees get no benefits though. They lie to the employees and the temporary help. Tell you what they think you want to hear to hope you stay around a lil longer. Promised employees raises and don't deliver when you are truly deserving. Promise the temp employees (which is all they hire now) permanent positions with benefits but don't deliver when the time comes. Lots of turn over in the workforce due to this. Poor management and no accountability so if you are good at your job be prepared to spend half your day fixing stupid peoples mistakes while they just keep right on making more mistakes. This company does not know how to treat good people. If you are lazy and dont care about your future or the future of the company this is the job for you. Work is comparable to shipbuilding but on a smaller scale. Really a shame, even lower management doesnt like the way they have to treat the employees.
Pros
Immediate benefits if you hire on direct with company
Cons
Poor mangement, Lies, turnover in the workforce, no accountability, rotating shifts, mandatory overtime
Professional enviorment
Ecectro-Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAOctober 12, 2015
Excellent place to establish a career, long or short. Benefits are equal to nominal industry requirements. There are may opportunities to excel your career..
Valuable learning experience
SAP Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 29, 2016
Very positive corporate environment with good work-life balance culture. adequate benefit and retirement package. diverse multi-cultural environment.
Great Company
Corp & TFC IT Infrastructure Intern (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 22, 2016
As a Year Up intern at Textron, I have learned and absorbed so much during my time here. Part of the Infrastructure team, we dealt with a lot of analysis and financial aspects of IT. I have become a "pro" at using Excel, as well as using Microsoft Office 2007, 2013, and 2016. I can definitely see myself or someone else growing and expanding their horizons while working for this company.
I would assign an overall letter grade of B+
Principal Mechanical Engineer - Fluid Systems (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 29, 2016
Excellent overall work environment, but the division I worked in was very much behind-the-times in their adoption of new computer technology that could have greatly increased productivity.
Pros
Good People to work with
Cons
Workforce is subject to major fluctuations from year to year
It was a Family oriented business untill Ransomes & Textron took it over.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 4, 2015
I worked in the machine shop, running machinery conducive to the manufacture of off road vehicles. It was not air conditioned or heated very well. It was physically demanding work. It was frustrating but rewarding. I miss it but I can't physically handle that type of work anymore.
I learned manufacturing processes, how to use many hand and mechanical tools. I grew up at this job.
Management was great for the most part.
My co-workers became like family.
Walking away the last day the plant was open.
The culture.
Pros
pride & satisfaction in the work you did. pay & benefits were awesome.
Cons
hard, hot and cold dirty work. physical toll was huge.
Excellent Opportunity for Advancement
EVENTS & CHANNEL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2016
Textron offers excellent opportunity for advancement and encourages transition to new and more challenging roles. Management is very good, and I have had great experiences with all of the supervisors here.
Avoid at all cost.
Corporate Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 16, 2015
Sacramento Location Exited December 2014.
They Underpay, Cheap Benefits, Lots of employees counting down to retirement, Management is unorganized, EVERYONE is in fear of being fired so they blame their errors on everyone else (Even when they were not working that day), Maintenance manager is incompetent, GM ignores problems until its a mess, Worst place I have ever worked in my 15 year career doing aircraft maintenance contracting.

They do not deserve any stars.
Pros
weekend night shift pay perks
Cons
management
Good pay and good work day.
Field Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  AfghanistanMarch 24, 2016
· Provides on-the-job training and classroom instruction to the Afghan National Army mechanics/supply clerks. Works with an Afghani interpreter to provide training. Performs installation, operation, and maintenance on the MSFV, related equipment, integrated systems, and subsystems. Troubleshoots, analyzes and determines necessary repairs up to Depot level on the MSFV and takes corrective actions.
Pros
Work is very easy
Cons
Family separation
Business Operations and Systems
System Admin./Operstions Analyst/Acct. Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 15, 2016
In general, this was the first job out of finishing my bachelors degree. Definitely eye opening as you get accustomed to the real world applying your skills
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 14, 2016
Great place to be employed. Good management ,good team members, and enjoyable environment. Overall great experience with Textron aviation, and is business partners.
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 27, 2015
It has a good working environment with a very dynamic group of departments managers. Benefits are good and the chances of moving through the different business units is a plus for anybody looking to advance.
Decent workplace
Block G Operator/TASE 400 Payload Operator (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 6, 2016
I was deployed to Afghanistan as a UAV pilot for 2 tours with Textron. The pay and benefits are really good. Definitely at the top of the range.
Stressna aircraft
aircraft mechanic (Former Employee) –  KansasNovember 4, 2013
pay is substandard, for working on multimillion dollar aircraft, benefits are nonexistent , management knows less than new guys, job security is ok if you have 10 plus years, equal opportunity as long as your not a white/ male. Promotions are seldom, flight safety training is a 5 year wait or more, Insurance get worse every year by thousands of dollars, moral is sickening, pay freeze for the last 4 years, employee turnover is high, great people all laying down on company due to contract, production lost at least 30% productivity in the last few years, due to benefits being slashed. I would never consider going back. UNC deductible exceeds $8,200 a year out of pocket.
Pros
people
Cons
united health care
foundy life is rough miss co-workers more than foundry life
Journeymen Millwright U.A.W. (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 1, 2016
hired in at 22 average age of employee was 55, 4 years under there belts and 4 to complete journey men card. the amount of info gathered from these fine man is and will always be priceless.
Pros
knowledge
Cons
foundry
Great compensation but poor enviroment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 7, 2016
The atmosphere was treated like a high school. Forced to work extended hours with little to no notice, and little to no on the job training.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours, Management
Great benefits and plenty of hours
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lavonia, GAMay 9, 2016
I never worked less then 40 hours. The pay was very good, and there was always something new to learn. The only thing i disliked was only getting one day off a week.
Pros
great pay
Cons
work schedules were unorganized