Textron Employee Reviews

I attained relevant knowledge for basis skills.
Basis Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX21 February 2017
The Textron Basis role was a simple monitoring role. The more that I started to understand their systems and the developers who use them, the more knowledge and experiences I was attaining. Eventually if the company is not prepared and organized properly, it is difficult to get access to needed applications and learn fresher things.
Pros
Great opportunity for me to express my thinking
Cons
Very restricting when It comes to graduating to the next level.
Horrible corporate culture
Sr. Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL17 February 2017
Textron Unmanned Systems division is divisive and toxic. The company appreciates adherence and top-line revenue, at times, at the expense of customer responsiveness.
Do not work here
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS13 February 2017
This is a horrible job, you will work very hard everyday from sunup to sundown plus overtime and then out of the blue you will get laid off or fired. This company does not care about individuals. There is no home life with this company and no room for advancement unless you are part of the clique. Managers display alot of favortism. Interns account for 75% of the work force and if you work here you will probably be relplaced by one within 2 years with the company. There is no structure, no procedures, no guidelines. Alot of backstabbing in this company.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
Come in early, stay late, and no bonuses or promotions-mandatory overtime
Coordinator position
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MA29 January 2017
Started out as security police officer and then promoted internal to the warehouse section. Enjoyed working with management and co workers. Worked on a government project.
Pros
Cons
defense contract declined
Best Company I worked for
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA28 January 2017
I worked for this company for almost 16 years, and the only reason I left is because my division was adversely affected by the credit crisis in 2008. Upward mobility was excellent; as evidenced by the 8 positions with increasing responsibility that I had during my tenure. We worked hard, and played hard. This company felt more like family than a corporation.
I like my job
Warehouse clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL26 January 2017
It's an easy career once you get in but it's very hard to get into you must know someone to get into Textron/Cessna. But the overall work life is awesome. People are great!
Pros
The money
Cons
The health insurance
Senior Precision Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MA26 January 2017
Textron has been a great place to work. With a lot of bright and talented people.

Textron has always had a flexible schedule and a good work life balance.
Pros
flexible schedule and a good work life balance
No room for advancement
Sr.Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LA24 January 2017
Had no problem with workplace except for the fact that it was very unorganized and there was no room for advancement in my position.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
pay not to scale, stuck in same position, prone to lay offs
Lots of work to keep yourself busy.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GA19 January 2017
i enjoyed my time here to an extent when there was no drama between co workers. if your looking for a steady job this is the place to go, as long as you can put up with some questionable rules and people. easy to not get fired all you gotta do is your job and show up.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
they will fire you if your out for more then a week with a doctors note. even auto accidedents
Good place to start career after college
Systems Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MD18 January 2017
This is a good company to start a career at with an entry level job. Folks are nice, good location (Hunt Valley, MD...close to Baltimore). Compensation and benefits are competitive.
Ok job
Senior Electrician (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LA8 January 2017
No set work times. Forced overtime. Not following labor laws and overworking employees. The management doesn't talk to the employees are have a clue about what's happening with the safety of the company
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
No job security
BS Company
Talent Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA29 December 2016
I find it to be ridiculous that they have this position still open and yet i applied for this position almost a week ago and they sent me a denial email stating they found someone that's more suitable. what I find to be even more ridiculous is that I met all of their qualifications for this job and they still claim they found someone else that's more suitable.
Great company to work for
Documentation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GA26 December 2016
Great training, promotions and bonus regularly given. Prompted comrade. Was laid off due shift in the economy. Great place to work and family oriented.
Material Handler/Certified Forklift Operator
Material Handler/Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA22 December 2016
Good company to work for. Great teamwork, work environment. I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking for an opportunity for growth and good learning opportunities as well.
Treated well
Senior Flight Crew (Former Employee) –  Dugway, UT19 December 2016
I spent 6 years with Textron and have zero complaints. My move from the company was purely for my family. I had plenty of opportunities to advance and felt that I was rewarded for the work I put in accordingly.
productive and fu work place
Materials Lead (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GA7 December 2016
i learned how to adapt to people with different ethnic backgrounds. I really going to miss the relationship that were made there.
Pros
very diverse place to work
Cons
mandatory saturdays
Engineering Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MA23 November 2016
A typical day at work was very busy. I learned to work with engineers and various support personnel. Direct management was always supportive and extremely helpful. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was lack of calibration personnel to support the lab. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with my co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Upper management
Textron Systems is a Company dedicated to protecting the warfighter by providing them the tools they need to protect Freedom
Benefit and Wellness Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MA17 November 2016
There is longevity in Textron Systems and pride in the products that they produce.
They take great interest in developing new employees to move the company into the future.
Good place to work, different scenery everyday and freedom to do your job with minimal supervision
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL15 November 2016
If you like golf and like to travel this is the job for you. Along with this job you'll learn more about different areas and also get to interact with various types of people.
Not making good decisions
Sr Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS11 November 2016
The company focuses on reducing cost by looking at tangible items rather than how to cut cost by improving processes. There is so much opportunity for this company if they'd just pay attention. Recently it has just been layoff after layoff! Which make the work life so difficult. The motto is "Do more with less" but that can only go so far until you have the rest of the team stressed to the max.
They make known they want to replace talent with new college grads.
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
Company doesnt beleive in paying for benefits, Stress is so high people are dropping like flies