Textron Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Really calm place, nice workers. Love it here
Security Officer at the lobby desk (Current Employee), Providence, RIMarch 6, 2016
Everyone is friendly, you build a bond with the daily people that come in to work, no complains. Friday-Sunday is really calm, not much to do, but still need make sure the building is secure and safe.
very organized
Multi-Spindle set up (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 1, 2016
Typical day set up and run multi spindle machines,sharpen tools on grinder,change tools as needed, inspect parts,clean area. Best part of job was getting machine to run quality parts. hardest part was learning all the different parts
Productive and Fun Pllace to work!
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: Occassional free lunches
Cons: Long daily comute to work but was getting used to it.
My coworkers were incredibly talented and eager to help new hires on board. I was impressed with the enthusiasm that was prevalent in the work team.
Amazing Experience, hands on, friendly environment
Intern (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDApril 18, 2016
I had a great time at Textron Systems. The people were friendly, the work fit my skill set and pushed me to learn more. They had plenty of work for us to do and activities and events to attend
Enjoyed working for CamCar Textron
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Rockford, ILOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: Textron closed this facility
Enjoyed the people I worked with at Textron, it was like working with family. Everyone worked well together to get the work done. Job satisfaction was really good, company did things for the employees to show their appreciation for doing the job. Pay was good, insurance was really good and affordable, 401k plan was really good.
TRU Simulation+Training Business Unit
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), Goose Creek, SCMarch 23, 2016
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Not Orgainized on Responsiblities
I was hired for the accounting department but somehow had to work IT technical tickets and take over HR responsibilities. I had a hard time learning anything because my boss was constantly changing my responsibilities before I could learn them. The IT department sent all system issues concerning time keeping software to me because they did not know how to work in the system nor did they want to learn. I was hired as hourly and told there was no overtime but my boss always called me over the weekend asking me to check the system or time cards. I ended up working every other Sunday because management never did their job responsibility concerning time cards. I could never enjoy my days off or holiday breaks because my boss would call or send my texts (on my personal phone) to work. Was told by my boss that I should always take my laptop home in-case she needed me to do something after work hours. My boss had no concern for her employee's work life balance.
My team members are the bset
Systems/Test Engineer (Current Employee), Slidell, LAJanuary 20, 2016
As its always said, there is no I in team. I have the best group of fellow co-workers from engineering to production and everything in between. We all have specific skills and work hard to accomplish any task.
OK for a few year but not a palce to build a career
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 15, 2016
Pros: It's a job
Cons: No growth path
Ok if all you want to do is get a paycheck for a few years but no career growth path and manage is always wanting more and more for less and less
Valuable learning experience
SAP Business Analyst (Former Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 29, 2016
Very positive corporate environment with good work-life balance culture. adequate benefit and retirement package. diverse multi-cultural environment.
Great People, Poor Work Life Balance
Engineer (Former Employee), LouisianaMarch 13, 2016
There are some amazing people that work here, it's sad they arent treated better by management. Management has no respect for employee's personal time.
Great place to work and unlimited opportunities
Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Pros: Global reach, connected enterprise, good products, good people
Cons: Many decisions based on short term shareholder perception instead of long term viability
Textron is a great company with good leadership in some areas and difficult culture in others. It is a great place to start your career and try a number of different jobs and cultures, all under one umbrella.
Great Place
Soldering/Electro Mech Assembler (Contract) (Current Employee), Wilmington, MANovember 15, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment all around
Great working environment with friendly people. Great HR dept. Mon-Thurs 9 hrs with a Fri 4 hour day, Awesome. Clean conditions and high attention to safety.
Morale is low
Production Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2015
Life work balance is not great for Production Managers and all departments are stretched thin. There are not very many opportunities to advance once in a management role.
Professional enviorment
Ecectro-Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAOctober 12, 2015
Excellent place to establish a career, long or short. Benefits are equal to nominal industry requirements. There are may opportunities to excel your career..
Indentured Servant or Slavery on the Installment Plan
Temp (Former Employee), Augusta, GaJune 20, 2015
Pros: Can't think of any.
Cons: Everything is geared toward the company, never the workers.
No heat in the winter, no a/c in the blistering southern summer where it often is 105 degrees inside. The majority of the work force are temps, many for five years or more and are treated as second class citizens. Temps lose 5 weeks of pay a year because of shutdowns, while employee don't.
Pay is very low and work is hard and dirty. The rules are always changing because of poor management.
Only go here as a last resort.
I love the penal camp/asylum atmosphere there...
Engineering Tech (Former Employee), Hunt ValleyJune 16, 2015
Pros: The few functional human being that work there and leaving the hole
Cons: Prison Guard Like Supervisors
They produce UAVs but the mentality in most areas is drone-like, how ironic. Production workers here tend to gravitate to the moody, aloof, opinionated and some are manipulative and backstabbing. Lots of territorial aggression is a big problem with a few of the more "seasoned" employees. On the bright side there a lot of really great people there and there are a lot interesting systems to work on and develop. A difficult to advance in good ol boy network seems to be prevalent. Stay away and find a place that employ more adults and pays real wages....
Not ideal for anyone
electronic assembler (Former Employee), Cockeysville MDAugust 6, 2015
Pros: hiring
Cons: LAYOFFS, NO LOYALTY WHAT SO EVER. LOTS OF CLIQS
At one point a friendly place to work now a operation of lies and people who dont know what they are doing. They dont pay well, and to save themselves from scrutiny you will be the scapegoat.
Awesome place to work, top secret projects.
Shipfitter/welder (Former Employee), Slidell, LAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: enhanced my skills/ fortune five hundred company
Cons: Hard to get information to get the job.
This was one of the best places i have worked. Rotating shifts working with and for the army. this is the type of place that makes you give 110%.
Soldiers expression after learning something New about system they use.
(TUAS) C4I Sr. Trainer Developer (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJune 22, 2015
Pros: Lots of travel
Cons: Engineering Support for training
Travel to train Soldiers on the Shadow (RQ-7Bv2) System. Fast pace training on the C4I side of things, but very fun to see Soldiers learn more about their system the fly.
Graphic Design and Visualization Artist
3D Generalist (Former Employee), Leavenworth, KSJune 3, 2015
Overall, Textron Systems is a forward moving organization which takes considerable pride in producing products and tools for sustainable and quality training for its clients.

It was a joy to work with a team and on a project excepting and encouraging of innovative thought and creativity.
Revenue