Textron

Textron Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
We build the highest quality helicopters in the world
Engineer, Metallic Materials, Bell Helicopter (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 22, 2015
My typical day was reviewing and analyzing the heat treatment, shot peen cards and electron beam welding operations both inside and outside the company.
Soldiers expression after learning something New about system they use.
(TUAS) C4I Sr. Trainer Developer (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDJune 22, 2015
Pros: Lots of travel
Cons: Engineering Support for training
Travel to train Soldiers on the Shadow (RQ-7Bv2) System. Fast pace training on the C4I side of things, but very fun to see Soldiers learn more about their system the fly.
Indentured Servant or Slavery on the Installment Plan
Temp (Former Employee), Augusta, GaJune 20, 2015
Pros: Can't think of any.
Cons: Everything is geared toward the company, never the workers.
No heat in the winter, no a/c in the blistering southern summer where it often is 105 degrees inside. The majority of the work force are temps, many for five years or more and are treated as second class citizens. Temps lose 5 weeks of pay a year because of shutdowns, while employee don't.
Pay is very low and work is hard and dirty. The rules are always changing because of poor management.
Only go here as a last resort.
I love the penal camp/asylum atmosphere there...
Engineering Tech (Former Employee), Hunt ValleyJune 16, 2015
Pros: The few functional human being that work there and leaving the hole
Cons: Prison Guard Like Supervisors
They produce UAVs but the mentality in most areas is drone-like, how ironic. Production workers here tend to gravitate to the moody, aloof, opinionated and some are manipulative and backstabbing. Lots of territorial aggression is a big problem with a few of the more "seasoned" employees. On the bright side there a lot of really great people there and there are a lot interesting systems to work on and develop. A difficult to advance in good ol boy network seems to be prevalent. Stay away and find a place that employ more adults and pays real wages....
Great opportunity
CERTIFIED LEAN SIX SIGMA BLACK BELT FOR IT (Former Employee), Providence, RIJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great opportunity
Cons: No cons
Great people. I appreciate the opportunity to contribute to the project success. I certainly hope to have another opportunity to work on a new project in the future.
Procurement Specialist (Legacy Spares Buyer) (Former Employee), Piney Flats, TNJune 9, 2015
Busy fast paced office. It was a great working enviroment with wonderful co-workers. I learned a lot and I appreciate the opportunity.
Graphic Design and Visualization Artist
3D Generalist (Former Employee), Leavenworth, KSJune 3, 2015
Overall, Textron Systems is a forward moving organization which takes considerable pride in producing products and tools for sustainable and quality training for its clients.

It was a joy to work with a team and on a project excepting and encouraging of innovative thought and creativity.
Tough culture to work in
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Providence, RIMay 29, 2015
In all fairness it has been almost 14 years since I worked at Textron so any experience I have of the company is most likely stale. At the time I worked there I lasted 2 years and was considered long term.
I love to work for Boeing through CTS and CTS was the firm when I arrived from Germany in 1996
Principal Mechanical Engineer-FEA/FEM (Current Employee), Slidell, LAApril 24, 2015
Pros: positive
Cons: lack of communication
Textron was a good company but lack of understanding many talent workers was negative sign. However, I encourage many young engineer including my own son with 4.0GPA from college applying for Textron job.
awesome place to work, job was transfered
Account Executive (Former Employee), GeorgiaApril 17, 2015
Pros: Awesome people
Cons: Lots of travel
Loved my sales position with Textron. Basically grew up with the company. Learned all the aspects of financial sales, management, leadership and goal setting.

The hardest part of my job was at month end when I would it was always a push to exceed goals.

Loved working with the customers which were in the East Coast.
Great People, Learned alot
Quality In-Process Inspector (Current Employee), 5 Alliance Dr. Goose Creek SCApril 8, 2015
Long hours and lots of overtime. I learned so many new things working here. I was doing final inspections where I worked before and here I had the opportunity to see the parts comming in the door
Excellent Place to Wrok
Administrative (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAApril 7, 2015
I have been able to grow in this company and have been challenged using my computer skills. The company is always looking for whats best for their employees and they show appreciation through many events they host and provide to employees.
Well setup when I arrived with all the tools I needed to do the job
SAP COE Basis Lead (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 3, 2015
Well setup when I arrived with all the tools I needed to do the job. Days were long and hard but rewarding. Co-workers were well trained and very compitent. Most rewarding part was the customer satisfaction after putting in long hours to get issues resolved.
Terrific Company with a great selection of opportunities.
Principal - UGCS Systems (Current Employee), Goose Creek, SCApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great Product Line, and vision.
Cons: Benefit packages can be difficult to navigate and execute.
My time with Textron has been a tremendous opportunity for growth and develpment, as well as a source of pride for the product lines that we worked on. There are a lot of great people, and a number of opportunities that are available for those that excel, work hard, and are diligent.
Avoid at all cost.
Corporate Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: weekend night shift pay perks
Cons: management
Sacramento Location Exited December 2014.
They Underpay, Cheap Benefits, Lots of employees counting down to retirement, Management is unorganized, EVERYONE is in fear of being fired so they blame their errors on everyone else (Even when they were not working that day), Maintenance manager is incompetent, GM ignores problems until its a mess, Worst place I have ever worked in my 15 year career doing aircraft maintenance contracting.

They do not deserve any stars.
There was an area for staff having a break and to relax
Translator (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good job nature
I start work at 9:00 a.m. to collect articles from magazines and newspapers regarding the themes of work that I am to translate. This is part of gathering the information and terms related to the source language. Then I would translate the article on the computer and proofread it upon completion. I enjoyed the whole process of work because I am a person who loves working with words, vocabularies and – more... computer. I remark that work time always passed quickly because I greatly appreciate the work nature.

I learned a lot of techiques in regards to translation especially in the literature aspect. It was to me an art of transforming the source language into the target language. I gained a lot of precious experience in achieving the professional level of faith, accuracy and elegance. These are three principles of translation.

My co-workers were extremely nice and co-operative. We were good team players. We helped each other whenever problems occurred.

Regarding management, I learned the skills of problem solving, time management, result-oriented and involvement in the job. Most significantly, I found an excellent job that could arouse my passion and enthusiam that became the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
It was a Family oriented business untill Ransomes & Textron took it over.
Machine operator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 4, 2015
Pros: pride & satisfaction in the work you did. pay & benefits were awesome.
Cons: hard, hot and cold dirty work. physical toll was huge.
I worked in the machine shop, running machinery conducive to the manufacture of off road vehicles. It was not air conditioned or heated very well. It was physically demanding work. It was frustrating but rewarding. I miss it but I can't physically handle that type of work anymore.
I learned manufacturing processes, how to use many hand and mechanical tools. I grew up at this job.
Management was great for the most part.
My co-workers became like family.
Walking away the last day the plant was open.
The culture.
Excellent Place to Work!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 4, 2015
Pros: high end environment, nice people
enjoyed culture and environment. People great to work with. You work well, you get paid well. You give your best, and you will not only have self reward, but you will be rewarded and recognized by Textron.
Fun environment and friendly people
Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: getting to each lunch with my boss
Cons: being laid off
My day began with greetings all through the office of hello and good morning how are you, till I arrived at my cubicle. I would answer any emails or voicemails and process any expenses that my Director would have and start planning her travels for different states and counties. I really did not have any hard tasks to complete or in my daily routine. I most enjoyed coming to work and see all the friendly faces and getting to know the people that worked for Textron.
Good company but unless you have a degree you can't advance
Accounts Receivable/Dispute Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay.
Cons: will not advance unless you have a degree
Management does not promote from within and it is hard to transfer between departments. Management does not communicate will with the employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About Textron

Officers, corporate and military, really take to Textron: The company's  E-Z-GO golf carts enrich their golfing jaunts, while – Read more