Textron

Textron Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I love to work for Boeing through CTS and CTS was the firm when I arrived from Germany in 1996
Principal Mechanical Engineer-FEA/FEM (Current Employee), Slidell, LAApril 24, 2015
Pros: positive
Cons: lack of communication
Textron was a good company but lack of understanding many talent workers was negative sign. However, I encourage many young engineer including my own son with 4.0GPA from college applying for Textron job.
awesome place to work, job was transfered
Account Executive (Former Employee), GeorgiaApril 17, 2015
Pros: Awesome people
Cons: Lots of travel
Loved my sales position with Textron. Basically grew up with the company. Learned all the aspects of financial sales, management, leadership and goal setting.

The hardest part of my job was at month end when I would it was always a push to exceed goals.

Loved working with the customers which were in the East Coast.
Great People, Learned alot
Quality In-Process Inspector (Current Employee), 5 Alliance Dr. Goose Creek SCApril 8, 2015
Long hours and lots of overtime. I learned so many new things working here. I was doing final inspections where I worked before and here I had the opportunity to see the parts comming in the door
Excellent Place to Wrok
Administrative (Current Employee), Wilmington, MAApril 7, 2015
I have been able to grow in this company and have been challenged using my computer skills. The company is always looking for whats best for their employees and they show appreciation through many events they host and provide to employees.
Well setup when I arrived with all the tools I needed to do the job
SAP COE Basis Lead (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 3, 2015
Well setup when I arrived with all the tools I needed to do the job. Days were long and hard but rewarding. Co-workers were well trained and very compitent. Most rewarding part was the customer satisfaction after putting in long hours to get issues resolved.
Terrific Company with a great selection of opportunities.
Principal - UGCS Systems (Current Employee), Goose Creek, SCApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great Product Line, and vision.
Cons: Benefit packages can be difficult to navigate and execute.
My time with Textron has been a tremendous opportunity for growth and develpment, as well as a source of pride for the product lines that we worked on. There are a lot of great people, and a number of opportunities that are available for those that excel, work hard, and are diligent.
Avoid at all cost.
Corporate Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: weekend night shift pay perks
Cons: management
Sacramento Location Exited December 2014.
They Underpay, Cheap Benefits, Lots of employees counting down to retirement, Management is unorganized, EVERYONE is in fear of being fired so they blame their errors on everyone else (Even when they were not working that day), Maintenance manager is incompetent, GM ignores problems until its a mess, Worst place I have ever worked in my 15 year career doing aircraft maintenance contracting.

They do not deserve any stars.
There was an area for staff having a break and to relax
Translator (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good job nature
I start work at 9:00 a.m. to collect articles from magazines and newspapers regarding the themes of work that I am to translate. This is part of gathering the information and terms related to the source language. Then I would translate the article on the computer and proofread it upon completion. I enjoyed the whole process of work because I am a person who loves working with words, vocabularies and computer. I remark that work time always passed quickly because I greatly appreciate the work nature.

I learned a lot of techiques in regards to translation especially in the literature aspect. It was to me an art of transforming the source language into the target language. I gained a lot of precious experience in achieving the professional level of faith, accuracy and elegance. These are three principles of translation.

My co-workers were extremely nice and co-operative. We were good team players. We helped each other whenever problems occurred.

Regarding management, I learned the skills of problem solving, time management, result-oriented and involvement in the job. Most significantly, I found an excellent job that could arouse my passion and enthusiam that became the most enjoyable part of the job.
It was a Family oriented business untill Ransomes & Textron took it over.
Machine operator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 4, 2015
Pros: pride & satisfaction in the work you did. pay & benefits were awesome.
Cons: hard, hot and cold dirty work. physical toll was huge.
I worked in the machine shop, running machinery conducive to the manufacture of off road vehicles. It was not air conditioned or heated very well. It was physically demanding work. It was frustrating but rewarding. I miss it but I can't physically handle that type of work anymore.
I learned manufacturing processes, how to use many hand and mechanical tools. I grew up at this job.
Management was great for the most part.
My co-workers became like family.
Walking away the last day the plant was open.
The culture.
Excellent Place to Work!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 4, 2015
Pros: high end environment, nice people
enjoyed culture and environment. People great to work with. You work well, you get paid well. You give your best, and you will not only have self reward, but you will be rewarded and recognized by Textron.
Fun environment and friendly people
Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: getting to each lunch with my boss
Cons: being laid off
My day began with greetings all through the office of hello and good morning how are you, till I arrived at my cubicle. I would answer any emails or voicemails and process any expenses that my Director would have and start planning her travels for different states and counties. I really did not have any hard tasks to complete or in my daily routine. I most enjoyed coming to work and see all the friendly faces and getting to know the people that worked for Textron.
Good company but unless you have a degree you can't advance
Accounts Receivable/Dispute Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay.
Cons: will not advance unless you have a degree
Management does not promote from within and it is hard to transfer between departments. Management does not communicate will with the employees.
weekly
Department Manager (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Cons: everthing
consistent change with no direction of improvement or goals.
work assignments added with no support to accomplish them.
weekly
Department Manager (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Cons: everthing
consistent change with no direction of improvement or goals.
work assignments added with no support to accomplish them.
Very Injoyable Position
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Office manager overseeing 2 employees in the AP and AR positions. Responsible for payroll, human resources, creating and coding to general ledger accounts, bank reconcile, accounts payable and accounts receivable reconcile. Utilizing Peachtree Quantum, Excel and Outlook
Typical Manufacturing Plant
Former Value Stream Leader (Former Employee), Wichita, KsJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay, safety culture
Cons: weak management + week human resources. experience does not carry much weight with the directors, ability to move to other business units extremely difficult.
Textron does a great job at implementing changes but fails miserably with the Control phase. For every step forward they take 2 steps back. Product quality is at an all time low and there is no real structure put in place to help employees succeed.

Lack of experience has caused them to start regurgitating the same failed projects over and over again. They try very hard to implement Lean Principles but do not do a very good job of getting the employees to buy in this results in many failures.

Constantly playing politics instead of doing what is right
Fast Paced high demanding
A&P / IA - Crew Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: wide range of experience growth potential
Cons: medical plan lacking, pay structure low, pay increases spiratic
High turn rate on aircraft schedules, multiple aircraft types and projects. work scope changes on a daily basis.
A great company with good ideas
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Warwick, RIJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: seminars and learning
Cons: decisions could take a while to be made
This is a great company and they do value your opinion. They use six sigma across all their business units. They do work hard on improving everyday. Great benefits and great company culture
Company Cultural Shift
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDDecember 20, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: long, long expected hours
The culture had shifted at the former company from a product centric organization to a profit concentric organization from the recent acquisition. The people are the best in the organization but the corporate mind has shifted from a customer first mentality to a must meet unobtainable profit targets drive. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet the goals dealing with a non-technical management structure. Great satisfaction in creating innovative designs and leading highly competent individuals.
Great job
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Thomasville, GANovember 19, 2014
I enjoyed my job, I learned a lot from management and co-workers. If given the chance I would work for the company again. This was a great job and a great company to work for . I hate that I was laid off.

1 2 3 4 5

About Textron

Officers, corporate and military, really take to Textron: The company's  E-Z-GO golf carts enrich their golfing jaunts, while – Read more