Textron

Textron Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
There was an area for staff having a break and to relax
Translator (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good job nature
I start work at 9:00 a.m. to collect articles from magazines and newspapers regarding the themes of work that I am to translate. This is part of gathering the information and terms related to the source language. Then I would translate the article on the computer and proofread it upon completion. I enjoyed the whole process of work because I am a person who loves working with words, vocabularies and computer. I remark that work time always passed quickly because I greatly appreciate the work nature.

I learned a lot of techiques in regards to translation especially in the literature aspect. It was to me an art of transforming the source language into the target language. I gained a lot of precious experience in achieving the professional level of faith, accuracy and elegance. These are three principles of translation.

My co-workers were extremely nice and co-operative. We were good team players. We helped each other whenever problems occurred.

Regarding management, I learned the skills of problem solving, time management, result-oriented and involvement in the job. Most significantly, I found an excellent job that could arouse my passion and enthusiam that became the most enjoyable part of the job.
• Provided cross functional expertise as fatigue and stress analyst. • Technical support to the new product development and sustaining activities.
Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaOctober 6, 2014
 Model Corvalis Aircraft - Horizontal and Vertical FEM validation: Carried out the FEM (FEMAP) analysis for the Corvalis horizontal and vertical. The FEM results were compared with the Corvalis test data. Based on the FEM results and test data, a correction factor was proposed for the future Corvalis FE analysis.
 Forward Bulkhead Feed thru Installation panel analysis: The panel was analyzed (FEMAP) for static cabin pressure load and ultimate load. A material non analysis was carried out to qualify the Forward Pressure Bulkhead assy. The FE analysis was validated through closed form solution.
FATIGUE AND DAMAGE TOLERANCE SUPPORT
 Crack Propagation Analysis for wing structures: Supported crack growth analysis for wing structures of various Cessna business jets (Cessna 510, 525, and 750 aircraft).
 Model 750 (AD 09-11) FWD Engine Mount Assy Analysis: Supported the residual strength requirement analysis for aircraft engine mount assembly. The FE model verification was done by correlating FE deformation results with beam deflection values computed from hand calculations.
 Aging Aircraft work support: Updated maintenance service manuals for Model 525 series aircraft. Evaluated inspections interval based on crack growth calculations. The old manuals had over conservative inspections as most inspections were based on testing and past experience.
 ECR and sustaining work Support: Worked with stress and design group on drawing review and ECR substantiation
Greenlee customer service
Customer Service Rep Jr. Greenlee (Former Employee), Vista, CASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: good benefits and flexible hours
Cons: no constructed manuel book for training
My work with Greenlee Textron was a fast past environment with little supervision from my manager. We start our morning with checking our emails because most of orders and return for authorization are done on emails. I have learned so much about the company and unique skills. I have learned great deals about other large company like AT&T, John Deere Landscapes, and other individual companies. Handling each account was interesting and are handled differently. We handle different accounts and I would say its more of a account management. Management was helpful and insightful about resources for the employee. My co-workers were helpful. There is nothing hard that I have encounter beside, just not being able to provide the information customer need because the company no longer carry the equipment because they stop making the products. However, I do enjoy helping out customer which makes my day.
Typical Manufacturing Plant
Former Value Stream Leader (Former Employee), Wichita, KsJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good pay, safety culture
Cons: weak management + week human resources. experience does not carry much weight with the directors, ability to move to other business units extremely difficult.
Textron does a great job at implementing changes but fails miserably with the Control phase. For every step forward they take 2 steps back. Product quality is at an all time low and there is no real structure put in place to help employees succeed.

Lack of experience has caused them to start regurgitating the same failed projects over and over again. They try very hard to implement Lean Principles but do not do a very good job of getting the employees to buy in this results in many failures.

Constantly playing politics instead of doing what is right
This was the best company I have ever worked for before they terminated our division
Account Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 28, 2012
Pros: they came together when i asked to help donate for the katrina relief
Cons: them desolving our division
Processed Requests for Approvals from Manufacturers
•          Addressed Over-Lines/Pending Approvals with Account Managers or Dealers
•          Assisted Receptionist (Answered Incoming Calls, Printed and Distributed Reports)
•          Built and Maintained Business Relationships with Dealer and Manufacturer Contacts
•          Provided Superior Customer Service
•          Participated in Six Sigma and Greenbelt Projects as a Team Member or Process Owner
•          Continuously Sought Process Improvements for Division
•          Called Customers Regarding Past Due Interest Charges or Units Sold Out of Trust for Payment
•          Maintained Up-to-Date Status Codes
•          Ran Audit Reconciliation Reports to Send to Customers
•          Sent Blast Faxes
•          Updated Daily Charts for Division
Stressna aircraft
aircraft mechanic (Former Employee), KansasNovember 4, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: united health care
pay is substandard, for working on multimillion dollar aircraft, benefits are nonexistent , management knows less than new guys, job security is ok if you have 10 plus years, equal opportunity as long as your not a white/ male. Promotions are seldom, flight safety training is a 5 year wait or more, Insurance get worse every year by thousands of dollars, moral is sickening, pay freeze for the last 4 years, employee turnover is high, great people all laying down on company due to contract, production lost at least 30% productivity in the last few years, due to benefits being slashed. I would never consider going back. UNC deductible exceeds $8,200 a year out of pocket.
SAP Basis Consultant
Sr. SAP Net-weaver Consultant (Former Employee), AugustaOctober 10, 2014
 Support all SAP systems in Global SAP-AG support center24/7 support center and supported all AG clients in EMEA and ASIA-Pacific.
 Handled critical problems in client systems like ABAP dumps, analyzed and implemented necessary corrections in SAP systems as per SAP notes.
 DB activities, Maintained Table space activities like index recreation and extent management.
 Done unreleased OSS notes testing in AG test environments and find out side effects in ABAP and BASIS and other related components.
 Done JAVA administration and resolved related problems through visual admin and config tool.
 Implemented SP- Stacks and support packs in client business minimal down time scenarios.
 Done Kernel upgrades in all the environments including UNIX and windows environments.
 Applied OSS notes (auto and Manual corrections) and adjusted profile parameters as per recommendations.
 Done software implementations as per client requirements.
 Done shadow copies for SAP – Training environments.
 Given KT to client and offshore teams for new implementations
E-Z-GO division of Textron
engineer (Former Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 23, 2012
Pros: good product, large parent company, great people, get to play golf occaisionally
Cons: lousy upper management
You can move within Textron if you try. Get out of E-Z-GO and get a real job in the parent company as soon as you can. Great people and stupid upper management is the quickest way to sum up E-Z-GO. They had a theft ring operating there for some time that was busted recently. Over a million dollars in loss estimated and the FBI is investigating...How could management not see that?? Top echelon is empty suits mostly.. The good folks usually leave ezgo and move to a better position within Textron. Good old boy net work is navigable - just be aware it exists. Great people working in the trenches mostly. MAny life long friendships are formed there.
It was a Family oriented business untill Ransomes & Textron took it over.
Machine operator (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 4, 2015
Pros: pride & satisfaction in the work you did. pay & benefits were awesome.
Cons: hard, hot and cold dirty work. physical toll was huge.
I worked in the machine shop, running machinery conducive to the manufacture of off road vehicles. It was not air conditioned or heated very well. It was physically demanding work. It was frustrating but rewarding. I miss it but I can't physically handle that type of work anymore.
I learned manufacturing processes, how to use many hand and mechanical tools. I grew up at this job.
Management was great for the most part.
My co-workers became like family.
Walking away the last day the plant was open.
The culture.
I love the penal camp/asylum atmosphere there...
Engineering Tech (Former Employee), Hunt ValleyJune 16, 2015
Pros: The few functional human being that work there and leaving the hole
Cons: Prison Guard Like Supervisors
They produce UAVs but the mentality in most areas is drone-like, how ironic. Production workers here tend to gravitate to the moody, aloof, opinionated and some are manipulative and backstabbing. Lots of territorial aggression is a big problem with a few of the more "seasoned" employees. On the bright side there a lot of really great people there and there are a lot interesting systems to work on and develop. A difficult to advance in good ol boy network seems to be prevalent. Stay away and find a place that employ more adults and pays real wages....
Work experience with SunTrust Credit Corporation
Paralegal (Former Employee), Glastonbury, CTMarch 28, 2013
Pros: very enjoyable work experience with mangement
Cons: company sold
A typical day at SunTrust would include managing employees that reported to me. Helping my employees with any guidance they need to perform their jobs.
One of the main things I learned was communication levels, from subordinates to upper management.
My co-workers and I had a mutual respect for each other.
The hardest part of my job was when the company was sold to see so many of my co-workers not survive the change. I was offered and accepted a new position with the new company and was able to continue to grow in my career.
The most enjoyable part of my job was to see my subordinates grow and continue to advance their careers. I am still in contact with the majority of my co-workers.
Very stressful enivorment. No many advancement available.
Jr Accountant (Former Employee), Cockeysville, MDJune 10, 2012
Pros: coworks are helpful and team players. all willing to teach and assist.
Cons: 1/2 hour for lunch. more work than people availbe to do the job.
After 10 years the company I would not advise any one looking for a rewarding job to seek employment here Advancement is not offered often.. Many people have been laid off, while others have been demoted. The work level is high with people made to work 50 hours a week and others taking work home. Raise are bare to none.
This is not as good as a company as it used to be.
Indentured Servant or Slavery on the Installment Plan
Temp (Former Employee), Augusta, GaJune 20, 2015
Pros: Can't think of any.
Cons: Everything is geared toward the company, never the workers.
No heat in the winter, no a/c in the blistering southern summer where it often is 105 degrees inside. The majority of the work force are temps, many for five years or more and are treated as second class citizens. Temps lose 5 weeks of pay a year because of shutdowns, while employee don't.
Pay is very low and work is hard and dirty. The rules are always changing because of poor management.
Only go here as a last resort.
Avoid at all cost.
Corporate Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: weekend night shift pay perks
Cons: management
Sacramento Location Exited December 2014.
They Underpay, Cheap Benefits, Lots of employees counting down to retirement, Management is unorganized, EVERYONE is in fear of being fired so they blame their errors on everyone else (Even when they were not working that day), Maintenance manager is incompetent, GM ignores problems until its a mess, Worst place I have ever worked in my 15 year career doing aircraft maintenance contracting.

They do not deserve any stars.
Fun environment and friendly people
Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: getting to each lunch with my boss
Cons: being laid off
My day began with greetings all through the office of hello and good morning how are you, till I arrived at my cubicle. I would answer any emails or voicemails and process any expenses that my Director would have and start planning her travels for different states and counties. I really did not have any hard tasks to complete or in my daily routine. I most enjoyed coming to work and see all the friendly faces and getting to know the people that worked for Textron.
Churn and Burn Supply Chain
Supervisor (Former Employee), SouthlandSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: compensation
Cons: brutal and deluded maangement
it was fun when I started, being a new person you are treated well. But as a supply chain person, you are not going to last. The company has really mediocre marketing and sales, and when you get an unforecasted doubling of business, it is supply chain who takes the hit.

In the three years I was there, I saw the ICS VP turn over 5 times. Just a mess.

Senior Management is focused only on the quarter, and they do not care about people at all.
Productive place to work in
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 26, 2012
Pros: learned a lot about accounts payable .
Cons: did not pay to well.
I would start my day by separating the invoices to each member of the accounts payable team. I would enter bills in the computer to be paid, and I would go over expense statements from the sales team; to make sure they were correct. My co-workers were all women, so at times it was tense to work in, but the majority of time it was a fun environment to work in. The most enjoyable part of the job was the communicating back and forth with the customers on the telephone.
Stay away if you value your career
Engineering (Current Employee), Hunt Valley, MDMarch 3, 2014
Pros: hunt valley is adecent area
Cons: everything
Management is changing hands faster than they deal cards in Vegas. Co-workers are a toss up, some good some bad as expected anywhere. No room for advancement, improvement or outside ideas. If you don't want to drink the kool-aid you wont fit in.

I would honestly recommend a job at wal-mart before coming here, and yes I've worked for wal-mart in college.
Review of Textron
Prefilght Inspection (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 18, 2013
Pros: insurance benifits
Cons: having to work most holidays.
Lots of paperwork, with 3 to 5 hrs. of inflight reveiws daily.
Engineering specifications, Pilot expectations, and proceedures. Management very dedicated to insure safety, and FAA and engineering specifications were met. My co-workers took their jobs serious, and solid group of professionals. The hardest part of my job was losing my position in my shop, and my 1st shift position due to military deployment after I returned to work. Best part of the job was working with the engineers and meeting customers.
Company Cultural Shift
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDDecember 20, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: long, long expected hours
The culture had shifted at the former company from a product centric organization to a profit concentric organization from the recent acquisition. The people are the best in the organization but the corporate mind has shifted from a customer first mentality to a must meet unobtainable profit targets drive. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet the goals dealing with a non-technical management structure. Great satisfaction in creating innovative designs and leading highly competent individuals.
Headquarters