Textron Employee Reviews

Textron Systems is a Company dedicated to protecting the warfighter by providing them the tools they need to protect Freedom
Benefit and Wellness Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MA17 November 2016
There is longevity in Textron Systems and pride in the products that they produce.
They take great interest in developing new employees to move the company into the future.
Good place to work, different scenery everyday and freedom to do your job with minimal supervision
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL15 November 2016
If you like golf and like to travel this is the job for you. Along with this job you'll learn more about different areas and also get to interact with various types of people.
Not making good decisions
Sr Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS11 November 2016
The company focuses on reducing cost by looking at tangible items rather than how to cut cost by improving processes. There is so much opportunity for this company if they'd just pay attention. Recently it has just been layoff after layoff! Which make the work life so difficult. The motto is "Do more with less" but that can only go so far until you have the rest of the team stressed to the max.
They make known they want to replace talent with new college grads.
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
Company doesnt beleive in paying for benefits, Stress is so high people are dropping like flies
great company
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MA7 November 2016
I worked there for a little while and loved it. They are great to their employees and a fun place to work. They have a great benefit package and banking on site. I would go back to work their anytime
A very open culture, where communication is encouraged.
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS4 November 2016
Textron stands out as a company where employees are free to communicate with each other as much as necessary to get the job done. The managers are very accessible and easy to talk too. Employee concerns are considered and addressed as much as possible. Everyone I worked with was knowledgeable, talented and focused on getting the job done.

The culture at Textron is extremely flexible at letting people contribute their skills on whatever program needs them the most. In the twenty years I've worked for the company I've had a chance to work on almost every airplane the company builds.

On the downside. With the decline in the business jet market, Textrons been unable to expand. To maintain it's profitability they've been forced to gradually lay off people. Despite this, they've maintained good communications with employees and severance packages are generous.

I hope the company can turn itself around and start growing again.
Opportunities
Pros
Open culture, talented and motivated people.
Cons
Few opportunities for advancement. Stressful enviroment due to a need to reduce costs.
Data Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NH31 October 2016
Again, having worked here for many years, I was able to enhance my skills, working in many different areas. Having the role of DC manager I was able to see all phases of the business.
Enjoyable
Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC26 October 2016
Good Company with a conventional old style culture. Team lunches are always fun. Culturally diverse and enjoyable. Co-workers are extremely friendly and very supportive.
Company does not value their employees
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Lavonia, GA24 October 2016
Kautex Lavonia does not value their employees. Management changes like a revolving door. Company wants to manage with inexperienced young managers. The Human Resource and EHS Managers were always out of office on business or vacation. HR and EHS managers were hardly ever in their office for associates to express their concerns. Company has too much diversity and cultures under one roof. Communication is difficult especially for associates that do not speak and understand English.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Diversity = communication failure
I enjoyed working with the customers
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Massachusetts18 October 2016
I'd go to work and break shift with the person before me we would tally up the paperwork and break shift. Then I would start my day.
Pros
I just loved working with the public.
Cons
The days were long because of working a day job
No Fond Memories
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MD16 October 2016
If you like a college atmosphere this place is for you, only millennials are hired and promoted. Program knowledge gone. Recommend working anywhere but for this company. Declining DoD revenue, layoffs are prevalent.
Pros
Cons
Layoffs, Poor work conditions, High priced health insurance, 5 yr 401K employer vesting too long
Collaborative Production Environment
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MA2 October 2016
Textron Systems is a contract manufacturer of aerospace and defense products. Continuous Improvement is a primary focus as we seek to enhance well established processes.
Pros
Development, People
Cons
Speed to Market
Great company, Great money.
GOCO UAS Operator/Mission Coordinator (MC) (Former Employee) –  Kandahar, Afghanistan20 September 2016
A typical day in job was to create mission plans outlining the key objective of our customers within the scope of our abilities and limitations of aircraft and personnel.
Business Operations and Systems
System Admin./Operstions Analyst/Acct. Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RI15 September 2016
In general, this was the first job out of finishing my bachelors degree. Definitely eye opening as you get accustomed to the real world applying your skills
I would assign an overall letter grade of B+
Principal Mechanical Engineer - Fluid Systems (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LA29 August 2016
Excellent overall work environment, but the division I worked in was very much behind-the-times in their adoption of new computer technology that could have greatly increased productivity.
Pros
Good People to work with
Cons
Workforce is subject to major fluctuations from year to year
Excellent Opportunity for Advancement
EVENTS & CHANNEL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC23 August 2016
Textron offers excellent opportunity for advancement and encourages transition to new and more challenging roles. Management is very good, and I have had great experiences with all of the supervisors here.
Great Local Team, Horrible Upper Management at HQ
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL18 August 2016
The team I worked with in Huntsville was great. The worse part of this company is Hunt Valley. They forget and don't acknowledge remote sites. VP was non responsive to concerns and had poor communication skills. Honesty is the biggest concern with their code of business ethics. They tell you what you want to hear to keep you around then turn around and lay off key players without thinking of the ramification to the contracts. I understand business and I know everything is about the bottom dollar but lets not forget those that are making the bottom dollar for you. The hardest part of my job was staying positive in my position and keep office morale up with no reach to HQ to make any positive changes to keep people happy. The best part of my job was my site. We banned together with the downfall of our location and were genuine and hard working to get all the tasks done, while the customer loved our work they weren't happy with upper management usage of our talents and abilities that were limited by Hunt Valley.
Pros
My local team
Cons
Health care, upper management
Poor management/ constant Lies
Fitter/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LA22 July 2016
Benefits are the only thing this company offers that is good. Temp employees get no benefits though. They lie to the employees and the temporary help. Tell you what they think you want to hear to hope you stay around a lil longer. Promised employees raises and don't deliver when you are truly deserving. Promise the temp employees (which is all they hire now) permanent positions with benefits but don't deliver when the time comes. Lots of turn over in the workforce due to this. Poor management and no accountability so if you are good at your job be prepared to spend half your day fixing stupid peoples mistakes while they just keep right on making more mistakes. This company does not know how to treat good people. If you are lazy and dont care about your future or the future of the company this is the job for you. Work is comparable to shipbuilding but on a smaller scale. Really a shame, even lower management doesnt like the way they have to treat the employees.
Pros
Immediate benefits if you hire on direct with company
Cons
Poor mangement, Lies, turnover in the workforce, no accountability, rotating shifts, mandatory overtime
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS14 July 2016
Great place to be employed. Good management ,good team members, and enjoyable environment. Overall great experience with Textron aviation, and is business partners.
Decent workplace
Block G Operator/TASE 400 Payload Operator (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MD6 July 2016
I was deployed to Afghanistan as a UAV pilot for 2 tours with Textron. The pay and benefits are really good. Definitely at the top of the range.
Great Company
Corp & TFC IT Infrastructure Intern (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI22 June 2016
As a Year Up intern at Textron, I have learned and absorbed so much during my time here. Part of the Infrastructure team, we dealt with a lot of analysis and financial aspects of IT. I have become a "pro" at using Excel, as well as using Microsoft Office 2007, 2013, and 2016. I can definitely see myself or someone else growing and expanding their horizons while working for this company.