Textron Marine and Land Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good place to work hard
Mechanical Engineer 2 (Current Employee), New OrleansApril 13, 2015
Cons: Significant overtime
Program centric organization structure. The company is split into two sides: the marine, and the land. Both produce military vehicles. The coworkers are great and make the day enjoyable. The work can be quite challenging, and you will be required to put forth extra effort to meet aggressively set deadlines. However seeing the completed vehicle roll off the assembly line is very cool and rewarding.
Great
Material Handler (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: it was only temp
This is a good company to work that is involved with National air forces
Enjoyable place to work
Superviser (Current Employee), Slidell LA / New orleansAugust 21, 2014
I report to work 30 minutes before my crew comes in. I then get everyone set up on their jobs, check E Mails, Report results of the processing flow production schedule and summaries to other supervisors and superintends. Then throughout the day check on employees to assure all is well
An interesting place to work.
Outfitter (Former Employee), Slidell, LAMay 11, 2014
Pros: the hours 4-10 hour days and a three day weekend.
Cons: 30-day shift rotation.
I learned a lot about the systems on the vehicles, when we were tracing down a problem and working with the engineers. I learned about the pneumatic system, hydraulics system, and electrical systems. Tracing down electrical problems and repairing them was a challenging and rewarding job. I worked with some very good and talented co-workers.
Typical big corporation politics.
Class A Outfitter/Production Lead (Former Employee), Slidell, LA/New Orleans, LAApril 11, 2014
The only real problem is the big corporation is the inner company politics.
Great Company
Welder (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: incredible benifits
I would arrive and set up my welding machine for the days tasks
I learned how to be a part of a team ,and I had a great opportunity to enhance my welding skills.
Management was hands on and worked well with us to ensure quality and a safe work environment.
My co-workers were knowledgeable and willing to share their skills to enhance my skills and abilities.
The hardest part of my job was getting into the difficult uncomfortable positions to do some of the welding.
Seeing these machines up and running again after we finished doing the repairs, was the best part of this job.
work you to death, fire you with no notice
mechanical designer (Former Employee), slidellAugust 15, 2013
expect you to work work work while supervisor yaks. expects you to work long hours because of poor management. they will fire you with no notice. stay away.
Straight to buisness Military shipyard with a strong work ethic
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), New Orleans, LaJuly 14, 2013
Pros: started early, got off early
Cons: grueling work little praise
Maintained and repaired a variety of equipment including forklifts, welding
machines, overhead cranes, and air tools. Repaired minor repairs on plumbing
fixtures. Oversaw the upkeep and operation of the plant water treatment
system. Operated forklift to assist in fitting metal plates for welding, and various
other duties.
Employer expectations are high, rewards are low
Office Worker - Specialized Profession (Former Employee), Slidell, LaMarch 20, 2013
Pros: 401k
Cons: no retirement, no job security, few raises, very small bonuses when you do get them (extremly rare)
While an extremely demanding employer they offer little in the way of appreciation either through rewards or advancement. They hire and reduce workforce at the drop of a hat. No warning, no way of knowing or who/why you get redacted.
Very unorganized.
Armored Service Vehicle Technician (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 6, 2013
Just amazing that a multi-billion dollar a year company could be so confused.