We’re looking for a self-motivated and results-oriented Inside Sales Representative to join our team. This position offers the opportunity to be a part of an exciting business unit within Texcan.
TEXCAN is one of Canada’s largest electrical wire, cable and data communication distributors and has been supplying solutions for automotive, power distribution, control, industrial automation, commercial, residential, premise wiring and networking applications for over 30 years. Our commitment to superior customer service is the number one reason our customers keep coming back.
Our parent company Sonepar is a major global electrical distributor with divisions in 35 countries on four continents, over 32,000 staff and more than 21,000 locations.
- Contacting current customers and identifying their need for existing and/or new products.
- Responding to and processing incoming calls and orders.
- Opening new accounts and maintaining existing customer base.
- Developing customer base and sales leads by contacting existing/new customers.
- Entering orders into system.
- Maintaining knowledge base on current products and learning about new products.
- Providing pricing quotations and follow-up on quotes.
- Providing basic technical support on products.
- Building strong relationships for repeat opportunities.
- High School Diploma required, Post Secondary education preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Previous Sales/Inside Sales experience highly beneficial.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop long-term client relationships.
- A highly professional approach to business.
- Exceptional organization skills, ability to multitask and a keen eye for detail.
- Technically proficient to quickly learn and understand product.
- Ability to develop quotations & project bid packaging / pricing / presentations.
- Knowledge of electrical industry would be an asset.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed and a sense of team spirit.
- Competitive starting wage, commission and comprehensive benefits package.
- Group RRSP program including employer matching plan.
- The chance to work in a great team environment.
- The opportunity to learn new skills and advance.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in Texcan but only those selected for an interview will be contacted