Texcan is one of Canada’s largest electrical wire, cable and data communication distributors and has been in business for over 30 years. We supply solutions for automotive, power distribution, control, industrial automation, commercial, residential, premise wiring and networking applications. We are looking for a self-motivated and results-oriented Health and Safety Manager to join our team.
Responsible for the development and implementation and on-going coordination of our company Health and Safety program for our distribution center located in Edmonton, Alberta. Responsibilities will include training employees in safety management best practices, assisting with hazard identification and the development of safe work procedures, working to reduce injuries and workers compensation costs, leading incident investigations, conducting and coordinating safety inspections.
- Development of Safety Program, Practices & Procedures for Texcan.
- Analyze and update policies, procedures and plans in accordance with provincial or company
- Oversee formation of H&S Committees at Business Unit level and regular meetings.
- Conduct, coordinate and monitor incident reporting and investigations.
- Develop and manage a return to work program for common strains and injuries through injury
- Inspect facilities to identify existing or potentially hazardous conditions.
- Recommend corrective/preventive measures to reduce risk.
- Coordination of Reporting & Compliance to Provincial Regulating and independent
- In conjunction with corporate trainer conduct or arrange required safety and health training.
- Identify, monitor, evaluate and track all Health and Safety activities through audits, other
record keeping methods.
- Develop KPI’s as a measurement of success for establishing objectives.
- Monitor and report on performance against department objectives.
- Represent Texcan to Industry and link efforts of Sonepar OPCO’s.
All candidates must have proven skills in providing leadership in managing a company-wide safety program and proving mentorship to direct and indirect reports. In addition the candidate must have a clear understanding of provincial Health and Safety Regulations, coupled with current certifications in: Safety Management (CRSP or equivalent), working knowledge of Microsoft Office and WCB procedures. Consideration will be given to candidates with distribution and retail experience, quality work history and a working knowledge of WCB and Microsoft Office.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter indicating the position you are applying for in the subject, or visit us online at sonepar.com.
Sonepar Canada thanks all applicants who apply however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Sonepar is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes submissions from all candidates.