Tetra Tech

Tetra Tech Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Reputed International EPC Company
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: health benefits, incentives
Learned EPC working methodology
Good engineering team
Well managed
Was interesting to learn almost from the ground up of what goes on on the inside of a big construction job like Winnipeg's New Terminal Building
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 25, 2013
A typical day would be

• Receiving and distribute incoming, and outgoing correspondence (e-mail, courier & person)
• Scanning documents (RFI’s, RFP, Change Order, Change Management, Letters, Meeting Minutes, Daily Report, Manuals, etc.) with Ascent Capture/Batch Manager
• Scheduling appointments in Microsoft Outlook
• Special requests for burning of – more... CD’s and DVD’s, printing and plotting jobs
• Providing administrative support such as typing and formatting of letters
• Editing and printing Board and Airplan Reports
• Maintenance of office equipment and supplies
• Performing data entry and researching archives using Expedition and HummingBird
• Ordering supplies & inventory
• Mail Distribution, sending faxes – less
Overall review of the company
engineer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 27, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: no job security
The company pays good, no complaint.
Your career depends on the project you have.
I declined so may opportunities in other companies just to be with them and they dont realize it.
Very diverse, with room for professional growth
Geoscientist (Current Employee), Fairmont, WVApril 3, 2014
Pros: diverse projects
Tetra Tech has extremely qualified personnel and a diverse project portfolio. There are a lot of opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Run Away!
mobile Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good hourly pay.
Cons: no hours. bad bosses.
Your greeted on your first day nice .. by the time you have been there for a little while your yelled at all the time.. not for me.
Pretty cool place to work
Junior Operator (Former Employee), Kansas, OKMarch 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch occasions, perdem, bonuses, good hours
Cons: not allowed time off to get cdl to advance
I enjoyed working at Tetra. I had plenty of work hours, which is what I like and the pay was good.
An environment where there is opportunity to learn many new skills.
Engineer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2014
An environment where there is opportunity to learn many new skills.
Fairfax - IT Div - Worst Nigtmare
Senior developer (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: commute
Cons: abusive and harrassing director
In my 15 yrs experience, the IT division in the Fairfax location is the WORST I have been in.
The director of this division has no clue what professional etiquette means. He runs that place like a sweat shop. VERY HARSH working conditions. Very easy 15+hr days. He micromanages and just depletes the last drop of energy from his workforce. Very poor work – more... acknowledgement and appreciation. End of a week that you have slaved logging 15+hr days, the last you want to hear is that you were no good. He has a loose tongue and just is ready to throw harsh criticisms. I have always been appreciated for my work ethics and the quality in what I produce. In previous jobs, I have lead teams and projects to successful deployments. Here, I would have been surprised if I was able to take a lunch/restroom break.
He underestimates the workload and goes around saying that 'you have gone over the estimated time for a task, so you have to eat up the hours you worked over'. End of the day, you are (of course) over the time limit and still have more work to be completed according to his estimation. Even after working for unbelievable hours, you getting paid for the 40 hrs/wk is an over-stretch. You end up eating up your paid leave to make up for the time he refuses to acknowledge.
When a Director walks into a meeting with IT professionals, in his ripped up gym clothes and sweat dripping from his face (because he worked out up to the minute the meeting had to start) shows how much he respected and cared professionally for his team.
I am surprised that he is still allowed to manage the Division. He brings in negligible amount of new work and has no human value.
It is only a matter of time someone sues Tetra-Tech for such abuse and harassment, before they open their eyes and let him go. – less
I think we took too much time off work while work needed to be done.
Foreman/Operator (Former Employee), Stokesdale, NCOctober 16, 2013
Pros: close to home and good pay
Cons: not working full weeks when weather permitted
They are an out of town company. They took too much time off work due to weather when other things could have been done. I have been on job sites for over 25 years and can look ahead and tell what needs to be done. I feel like the hardest part of the job was not working when things could have been done in other areas such as erosion control and hammering – more... rock. The best part of the job was that it was a thirty minute drive from home. – less
great comoany but poor compensation
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: not too many except good reputation
Cons: low income, too much work and no growth
it looks good on your resume that you worked for this company. They pay very low. Almost 30% less than industry average.
Some great people but horrible management
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), SeattleAugust 17, 2013
Pros: clean office, free coffee
Cons: senior management, direction, focus, message clarity, etc. etc. etc.
There are many great people here but senior management and genuine staff support are lacking. Corporate claims are one thing, some offices are probably much better, but practice in this office is something entirely different - the importance of people is not understood. Management is dysfunctional.
good company to work for
Rigger (Former Employee), Houma, LAAugust 13, 2013
tetra was a good company to work for but I needed to go back to school and get my education
Amazing work environment, incredible Supervisor!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 23, 2013
Amazing place to work, great people! I've learned a lot about travel arranging and Expense Report Creation. I've enjoyed working with Management and learning about the Engineering World!
Great place for project experience and helping with employment
Biological Technician (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 15, 2013
Pros: experience
-Very rewarding with great co-workers.
-Hike to map or survey plants and animals.
-Management treats employees well.
A medical laboratory - The experience was great!
Jr. Accountant (Former Employee), Tarzana, CA.June 26, 2013
Pros: improving my soft skills as well as expanding my finance/accounting know-how
Cons: changing industry dynamics
The medical industry was going through lots of changes at the time with the explosion of managed care. We had our work cut out for us.
Over Work Place Balance
International Contract Staffing Specialist (Current Employee), Bulington, VermontApril 9, 2013
Tetra Tech Ard is a wonderful place to work if you're looking for an international field experience in a space town space of Burlington, Vermont.
Great firm
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: seminars, open work culture, job security
Cons: nothing
Their infrastructure dept. does not exist anymore. But it used to be a great dept back in 2002.
Needs new leadership
Senior Executive (Former Employee), EASJanuary 18, 2013
Cons: no advancement.
Company buys small local firms then uses resources to make local presence. Does not follow through on marketing efforts.
Downturn handle poorly. Layoffs at any downturn.
Company culture and values opposite of marketing on website.
They promise rewards for excellence, but fail to execute. Expendable even after exceptional continual meeting of quotas, – more... deadlines, client feed back, margins and successful projects. – less
Tetra Tech is a great place to work with lots of perks.
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST II (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 15, 2013
I learned more at Tetra Tech in 3 years than I did in 4 years of college. Hands on work with experienced co-workers gave me the foundation to start my own business.
Non team atmosphere - Management seemed to be the issue here.
Technician III (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 15, 2013
Non team atmosphere - Management seemed to be the issue here.

About Tetra Tech

Tetra Tech puts technical know-how to work. The environmental management, consulting, and technical services group focuses on – Read more