Tetra Tech Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and heavy workload
Field Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 23, 2016
Long work days involving continuous travel across various sites. Work is unfortunately repetitive and relatively not satisfactorily challenging but eventually rewarding
Pros
friendly work enviroment
good work place
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Labrador city, NFJanuary 7, 2016
Extremely busy day with lots of issues of projects to resolve. Daily site visit, review progress, issue necessary instructions to contractor for improvement.
Excellent Job Culture and Renumeration
Senior Pipe Stress Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCOctober 24, 2015
Very good Relationships with fellow staff within the Mechanical- Technical Support Group to which I was assigned, as well as with the Chief Piping Designer, and with all members the piping group.
I was also heavily involved with transmitting pipe-support / restraints loading information to the Chief of the Civil / Structural Group, with
whom I had excellent dealings.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
I would have liked to be trained in Transient Analysis
Worst boss in my life by a full leage
Sr. Mech Eng (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 22, 2015
Designing what ever the client needs. Mostly HVAC, some sewers. It is survival engineering and the great thing was I was close to my personal environment.

The hiring boss was a disaster.
Pros
It was in Winnipeg My home town
Cons
THe hiring boss had me looking for work in 5 mo.
Began well but new managers lost employee support
Principle Metallurgist Toronto Office (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2014
At start was very proactive, innovative, and proud of best employer awards but hiring of new marketing manager turned company into a basket case especially after Tetra Tech takeover.

Hardest part was saying goodby to friends, but muted by going somewhere better
Pros
collegial work groups
Cons
shoddy marketting of employee skills
Culture Transition Period
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 25, 2014
When I started working for this Canadian company I was employee No. 7 in the Vancouver office, they were an Engineering company out of Winnipeg expanding operations on the West Coast. We were a small office led by a dynamic Engineer, our purpose was to grow this office and win large mining projects. We were so successful we expanded space several times and finally moved into larger premises with two floors then out grew that space and had to rent another floor. At peak we were 300+ employees, these were very exciting years! 4 years ago we were bought by an US company and started transitioning all company standards to their policies, very challenging but on-going. I had the best team, no assignment was impossible, whatever was asked of them "got done"! Without the teams dedication all the changes and policy changes would not have transitioned so smoothly. Challenging part of the job is always introducing the right employee to the right team, placing one with people who will help you excel at what one does and seeing them succeed.
I am now retired and miss my job a lot!
Pros
free parking downtown
Cons
long hours - by choice.
Fun place, good team works and frequent interactions with management.
Project Cost Estimator (Former Employee) –  Cameco Corp. Saskatoon, SaskatchewanJuly 30, 2014
I really enjoyed working with Tetra Tech having lot of cooperation from my co-workers and mangers. Project tasks were very specific and the time as allocated for completion was always been reasonable. I was free to interacted with my managers any time for guidance and advise. The feed back which I used to receive was prompt and substantive. The weekly team meetings, management routing address for the employees sharing information of upcoming projects, company's financial status, administrative issues, programs hosted gave me a feeling that I am a part of the company.
Reputed International EPC Company
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 22, 2014
Learned EPC working methodology
Good engineering team
Well managed
Pros
health benefits, incentives
Was interesting to learn almost from the ground up of what goes on on the inside of a big construction job like Winnipeg's New Terminal Building
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 25, 2013
A typical day would be

• Receiving and distribute incoming, and outgoing correspondence (e-mail, courier & person)
• Scanning documents (RFI’s, RFP, Change Order, Change Management, Letters, Meeting Minutes, Daily Report, Manuals, etc.) with Ascent Capture/Batch Manager
• Scheduling appointments in Microsoft Outlook
• Special requests for burning of CD’s and DVD’s, printing and plotting jobs
• Providing administrative support such as typing and formatting of letters
• Editing and printing Board and Airplan Reports
• Maintenance of office equipment and supplies
• Performing data entry and researching archives using Expedition and HummingBird
• Ordering supplies & inventory
• Mail Distribution, sending faxes
Overall review of the company
engineer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 27, 2012
The company pays good, no complaint.
Your career depends on the project you have.
I declined so may opportunities in other companies just to be with them and they dont realize it.
Pros
great people
Cons
no job security
Possibilité d'avancement
TECHNICIEN-DESSINATEUR INDUSTRIEL (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCApril 10, 2016
Horaire variable,intranet bien documenté.
Donne de bons défis en terme de grosseur de projets.
Très bons salaires et conditions.
Cependant, vision court terme.
Les valeurs ne me rejoingnaient pas
Entreprise avec bon potentiel
Responsable Ingénierie et Contrôle projet (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 29, 2016
Donne de bons défis en terme de grosseur de projets.
Très bons salaires et conditions.
Cependant, vision court terme.
Les valeurs ne me rejoingnaient pas,.
Place ou il y fait bon travailler.
" TECHNICIEN SPÉCIALISTE TÉLÉCOMMUNICATION " (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 5, 2016
On se sent apprécié et la communication y est très importantes.
Très bon employeur
Technicien en documentation (Former Employee) –  Lévis, QCOctober 4, 2015
J'ai bien apprécié mon travail chez Tetra Tech, au niveau des objectifs visés annuellement.
La confiance et l'étique est la base de la relation employeur / employé / clients
Support à l’ingénierie de maintenance machines (Former Employee) –  MontréalAugust 11, 2015
Comme mon bureau était en tout temps chez mon client Pratt & Whitney Canada
Il y avait pas de journée typique, chaque jour apportait son lot de défis. Je devais travailler dans un milieu syndiqué et je devais réponde aux besoins des équipements que j'étais responsable.
Pros
Bon superviseur / directeur
Cons
Comme nous sommes tout le temps chez le client, nous avons parfois plus d’affinité avec le clients que sont employeur