Tetra Tech

Tetra Tech Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Began well but new managers lost employee support
Principle Metallurgist Toronto Office (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: collegial work groups
Cons: shoddy marketting of employee skills
At start was very proactive, innovative, and proud of best employer awards but hiring of new marketing manager turned company into a basket case especially after Tetra Tech takeover.

Hardest part was saying goodby to friends, but muted by going somewhere better
Culture Transition Period
Office Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free parking downtown
Cons: long hours - by choice.
When I started working for this Canadian company I was employee No. 7 in the Vancouver office, they were an Engineering company out of Winnipeg expanding operations on the West Coast. We were a small office led by a dynamic Engineer, our purpose was to grow this office and win large mining projects. We were so successful we expanded space several times and finally moved into larger premises with two – more... floors then out grew that space and had to rent another floor. At peak we were 300+ employees, these were very exciting years! 4 years ago we were bought by an US company and started transitioning all company standards to their policies, very challenging but on-going. I had the best team, no assignment was impossible, whatever was asked of them "got done"! Without the teams dedication all the changes and policy changes would not have transitioned so smoothly. Challenging part of the job is always introducing the right employee to the right team, placing one with people who will help you excel at what one does and seeing them succeed.
I am now retired and miss my job a lot! – less
Fun place, good team works and frequent interactions with management.
Project Cost Estimator (Former Employee), Cameco Corp. Saskatoon, SaskatchewanJuly 30, 2014
I really enjoyed working with Tetra Tech having lot of cooperation from my co-workers and mangers. Project tasks were very specific and the time as allocated for completion was always been reasonable. I was free to interacted with my managers any time for guidance and advise. The feed back which I used to receive was prompt and substantive. The weekly team meetings, management routing address for the employees sharing information of upcoming projects, company's financial status, administrative issues, programs hosted gave me a feeling that I am a part of the company.
great
Senior Mechanical, Piping Designer (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJune 3, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Reputed International EPC Company
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: health benefits, incentives
Learned EPC working methodology
Good engineering team
Well managed
Was interesting to learn almost from the ground up of what goes on on the inside of a big construction job like Winnipeg's New Terminal Building
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 25, 2013
A typical day would be

• Receiving and distribute incoming, and outgoing correspondence (e-mail, courier & person)
• Scanning documents (RFI’s, RFP, Change Order, Change Management, Letters, Meeting Minutes, Daily Report, Manuals, etc.) with Ascent Capture/Batch Manager
• Scheduling appointments in Microsoft Outlook
• Special requests for burning of CD’s and DVD’s, printing and plotting jobs
• Providing administrative support such as typing and formatting of letters
• Editing and printing Board and Airplan Reports
• Maintenance of office equipment and supplies
• Performing data entry and researching archives using Expedition and HummingBird
• Ordering supplies & inventory
• Mail Distribution, sending faxes
Overall review of the company
engineer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 27, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: no job security
The company pays good, no complaint.
Your career depends on the project you have.
I declined so may opportunities in other companies just to be with them and they dont realize it.

About Tetra Tech

Tetra Tech puts technical know-how to work. The environmental management, consulting, and technical services group focuses on – Read more