Tesco

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Bangor, WLSJune 13, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: management weren't very friendly
I enjoyed working in Tesco due to the job role I had. I worked on checkouts and therefore spoke to many customers during my shifts. The individuals that I met during my shifts are the reason I enjoyed working there.
good work place
Personal Shopper (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTJune 12, 2014
good company to work for. this company as a fun hardworking atmosphere. This makes work more pleasurable
Productive & High Demanding
Team Leader (Supervisory) (Former Employee), Weston, ENGJune 12, 2014
Pros: staff canteen, staff benefits such as pension & free shares
Cons: long hours, high demanding work loads
A typical night at work would consist of setting up you team the most effective way you can with the high demand of tasks that needed to be done during the shift. This consists of preparing your enviroment to maintain a quick & safe way to replenish the shelfs with the high amount of cages come in on the delivery. Also fitting in the time to maintain – more... presentation of the shop for the morning, helping customers, doing waste to reduce the daily targets. Also staff training, team 5's and any other issues that arrive on the night. I have learned that preparation is one half of the way to achieving any task set in front of you. Also you need to learn to adapt as things change so quickly and you have to hit each task head on to achieve the tasks needed for that shift. You feel a real bond with you co-workers. It is like you are a family that is there to back and help each other to achieve the best for the department & the store. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the high demanding but it is also rewarding when you can leave in the morning knowing you have achieved the tasks to the best of you abilities. It gives you a sense of pride. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet and work side by side with on a daily basis. – less
Good managerial training
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), HerefordJune 11, 2014
Pros: good breaks
Cons: sundays
• Working in Warehouse taking in deliveries from lorries
• Organizing stock
• Checkouts
• Stock control using PDA
• Stock Replenishment
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Portstewart, NIRJune 11, 2014
Pros: good breaks
Cons: early morning shifts
I enjoyed Tesco as the people I worked with were extremely friendly and the work was rewarding in that I loved to help customers.
In additon, Tesco treats their workers extremely well!
fun place
Test analyst (Current Employee), indiaJune 11, 2014
Pros: convenient shift timings
Cons: less benifts for employees
* When there a critical defect which has no been fixed and blocks major of the work
*Learnt to interact with with co-workers and counter part , and some skills in testing for both data base and manual testing
* i managed and team of 5 and was a SPOC for the project .
*Co -workers are good and easy going .
not productive
Various roles to team Leader (Current Employee), London, ENGJune 10, 2014
Pros: free bakery stuff
tesco is good only for earning money but when it comes to career people like us need a proper job title
Not impress
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee), Burgess HillJune 10, 2014
Cons: long hours
I was not impress . i worked hard and never felt appreciated.
Highly productive work place with great training and advancement opportunities
Checkout Supervisor (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 10, 2014
Pros: discounted meals, staff discount, good pay.
Working as a Checkout Supervisor was a very demanding busy job and this was the best part of the job. Each checkout call was different and so never a dull moment. The hardest part of the job was during quiet periods (not very often) when time passed a little slowly. There was a great atmosphere and a very big social environment. I moved on to night – more... shift after sometime and continued to enjoy the fast pace. The hardest part of the night shift was tiredness and the most enjoyable part was seeing how amazing the store looked in the morning. The biggest thing I learnt from working here was the importance of getting on with people you work with in a fast paced job. – less
productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Middlewich, ENGJune 10, 2014
no longer tesco sight
co-workers easy to get along with
good money
Tesco job
Full time Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Lewes, ENGJune 9, 2014
Pros: staff discounts
Cons: odd hours/shift patterns
Working for Tesco. Well, it was ok, it paid the bills, met some nice people, thats about it really.
untenable
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee), Cork, CJune 9, 2014
working here while rewarding , became difficult due to management/staff relationships , cloak and dagger was rife in this store at senior levels
GREAT PLACE TO PROGRESS
SENIOR NIGHT MANAGER (PLACEMENT) (Current Employee), Stevenage, ENGJune 8, 2014
Pros: discount card, pension scheme, shares.
Cons: be expected to do more than your contracted hours.
THIS PLACE IS FOR IDEAL FOR HARD WORKING INDIVIDUALS, WHO LIKES CHALANGES. NIGHTS IS LESS CUSTOMER ORIENTATED, BUT IT`S MORE MANUAL WORK. OVERALL TESCO GIVES A LOT OF BENEFITS TO REWARD YOU FOR ALL HARD WORK.
Great Job and Customer Oppurtunity
Customer Service Desk Assistant (Former Employee), BanchoryJune 6, 2014
Pros: great hours, co workers, pay, benefits
Cons: last minute scheduling and interpersonal management issues
I worked part-time at Banchory Tesco whilst still studying my Sixth Year at school - this required efficient time-management. My duties were varied and challenging, working both independently and as part of a team. This role demanded a high level of interpersonal skills:

 dealing directly with customers either face-to-face or by telephone;
 responding – more... to customer inquiries and handled customer complaints;
 dealing with sales of age-restricted items;
 processing refunds and exchanges;
 providing pricing and delivery information;
 processing orders, forms, applications and requests;
 directing requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource;
 recording details of inquiries, comments and complaints;
 communicating and coordinating with internal departments;
 monitoring health and safety of colleagues and store customers. – less
Productive but sometimes very stressful workplace
customer assistant (Current Employee), CoventryJune 6, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would include unloading a delivery, stocking that delivery on the shelves whilst answering the bell to serve on the till when the queues start to form. I have learnt more about my people skills and how to be more confident in talking to people and making peoples days a little better with the small things that make a difference – more... like a friendly smile or a simple hello how are you today. the management cannot be faulted much. Some of the co workers can be slightly lazy and cause a knock on effect with the jobs that need to be completed in the day. the hardest part of the job is to stack the shelves and lifting heavy boxes and packaging. The most enjoyable part is being able make a Customers day by providing them with an excellent and no hassle service – less
Enjoyable Workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), BillinghamJune 5, 2014
Good workplace, constantly on the go. friendly staff and ideal location.
fun felt comfortable
Fresh Food stock control assistant (Former Employee), Luton, ENGJune 5, 2014
Pros: staff discount, cheap food in staff sales
Cons: long hours especially if you have family
I enjoyed working in Tesco it was a friendly environment and you are always meeting new people, the staff are very friendly easy to get along with.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Dublin, DJune 5, 2014
Handle the tasks and duties necessary for the smooth operation of the day-to-day business of the store. Interact with the customers, manage money, get acquainted with the inventory of the store as each product is purchased and safely pack groceries for the customers.
Fun place to work
Bakery Manager (Current Employee), ReadingJune 5, 2014
I am due to be made redundant and this is the only reason I am leaving the job that I enjoy and get great satisfaction from, Mainly enjoy the fact everyday is different and has new challenges. I get on with all my co-workers and colleagues and have gained so much experience in coaching and leading people.
Good Place to Work
Test Analyst (Former Employee), UKJune 4, 2014
I used to test the Operation Data stores as part of supply chain management and legacy data move

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more