Tesco
2,310 reviews

Tesco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A secure employment environment.
Compliance Manager (Current Employee), LondonNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits & pensions schemes
Cons: long hours, a difficult work life balance.
My typical day at work involves learning something new about the world of business within retail every day. I have learnt many important facets necessary for business management; including; human resource management, trade driving, payroll administration any many more essential skills.
poor management
Pharmacy Dispenser (Former Employee), South Shields, ENGNovember 17, 2014
management is poor, great benifit scheme, best wages in retail, better than asda, sainsburys, etc. great place to start out your career with chances to progress. tesco is a good place to work
Retail line manager
Retail line manager (Former Employee), Leyland/ChorleyNovember 17, 2014
Was a line manager for the last four years of my career with tesco in which i had to manage all K,P,I's within department. Managed up to 26 staff and also once a week was duty manager in which had the acountability for the entire store operation.
Treat people how you would like to be treated.
Senior Officer NGN (Former Employee), bengaluruNovember 17, 2014
Pros: energizer
Cons: rebel
Its a good place to work but not great. Lot of opportunities to learn. Management needs honest people.Co workers are the motivators to win the race of being top. Hardest part of the job if its monotones.Love our job that is the best.

Learn and let others learn.
an ok place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), lincolnNovember 17, 2014
working on the checkouts assisting people to pack there bags
Stressfree place to bring out the best in one's self
Officer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 16, 2014
Every day would bring in a new learning,
trainings were arranged to strengthen our core skills
Hard work was well aprreciated and management are very supportive and understanding
Co- workers very flexible in times of need and support one another.
Dynamic and fun place to work
Trainee Buyer (Current Employee), Welwyn Garden CityNovember 15, 2014
Tesco is a brilliant place to work with a great atmosphere and culture. My role is always challenging and I face different challenges every day.
cleaning
cleaning manager (Former Employee), Dereham, ENGNovember 15, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: rude managers
not a good company to work for you are treated badly to many managers walking around doing nothing you are looked down on as you are a cleaner
Fun Place
Customer service Assistant (Former Employee), londonNovember 15, 2014
Good place to work, staffs are great.
Learnt to work as part of a team.
Enjoyable place to work
Optical Assistant (Current Employee), Solihull, ENGNovember 14, 2014
Pros: good pension and save as you earn scheme
Cons: variable shifts
A typical day consists booking customers into the clinic, carrying out pre-screening tests and dispensing glasses. I have learnt a lot about customer service through Tescos own on line training package. I have felt supported in dealing with customer complaints and work within a small, supportive department. The hardest part of the job was initially – more... earning how to carry out all of the get the hang of it, it is ok. I enjoy the variety of customers we get each day and working as part of the team. – less
happy place good peoplr to work with
customer assistant deli (Former Employee), Whitstable, ENGNovember 14, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: very few hard on the feet
good team work between depts exelent co-workers serving customers being helpful to concerns of management watching a customer leaving knowing they are happy with the service to make a happy team
fun lively and enjoyable
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGNovember 14, 2014
Pros: everything progression wages bonus's staff management
Cons: you can get to comfy when there might be a better option for a career
I have to say Tesco was the only job that really grounded me, i thoroughly enjoyed my 3 years there and i would probably go back in the future, the management became friends we all had a great working relationship and there was always ways to progress in the company if you put the hours in and effort to learn the routines etc, the hardest part for me – more... was younger team leaders than myself there was sometimes a conflict in personalities but only because i have a older mentality a and i sometimes found them to be quite immature and irresponsible, i loved my clients i had repeat customers who shopped there just to come speak to me for their day i helped customers on a personal level inside and outside of work if they needed anyone in their life to help them through anything they could come to me for help and i would do to my best ability – less
MultiTaksing
Team Leader (Former Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 14, 2014
Process Transition and Process Stabilization, Team Handling and UAT
store worker and warehouse worker
Store worker (Former Employee), Navan, MHNovember 14, 2014
Pros: nice and friendly people
My job was to stack the shelves in the store and to organise the stock, stack the
Cages in the warehouse with products to display in the store, my other duties were to get rid
of all plastic and cardboard in the store and in the ware house and put those into the separate
compactors and to help the customers if they were looking for a certain product – more... and if they
had any queries. – less
A Great and safe place to work with a competitive salary and benefits.
Warehouse Team Manager (Current Employee), Southampton, ENGNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great salary and benefits for those with long service
Cons: different contracts and bonuses for staff doing the same job.
A typical day involves the scanning and assembling of product so that we can deliver it to our stores.

It can be a very fast paced and pressurized environment.I very much enjoy working with the great people at my Depot who enable me to have fun in the work place whilst delivering the KPI's and targets that are key for our customers shopping trip.

The – more... hardest part of the Job is managing the different contracts and bonuses for colleagues doing exactly the same job. (Dependent on service). New contracts have to work harder and have less breaks.
Agency can earn a productivity bonus however Company staff can not. – less
Productive and Friendly place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), PooleNovember 12, 2014
I loved my time at Tesco. Helping out customers was something that I really enjoyed
Fun workplace
Personal Shopper (Former Employee), NewportNovember 12, 2014
A typical day at work for me was to start my shift at 6am and i was given a Scanner and this told me what shopping i had to pick for the day by scanning a container.

I learned alot at tesco as it was a fast pased job in order to get customers orders picked on time and without the frozen foods defrosting.
Fun Workplace
Part Time Assistant (Former Employee), TewkesburyNovember 12, 2014
Part time assistant. Day consisted of stacking shelves and stock checks
Accounts Executive (Current Employee), BangloreNovember 11, 2014
Pros: nill
Cons: nill
Good team work
good management
fun at work
team bonding
co ordination
Very Productive and very good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Dagenham Oxlow LaneNovember 11, 2014
Pros: day go past very fast
Cons: hard work
start on time, at tesco's you learn everyday and its all within the teamwork also the hardest part is standing constantly for your shift even if you have to work overtime you can get breaks but its quite tiring.

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more