Tesco
2,252 reviews

Tesco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Tamworth, ENGOctober 26, 2014
I had a very goo experience working at Tesco. There was lots to learn
it is a good place to balance family life and work
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee), Stevenage, ENGOctober 25, 2014
Pros: benfits, flexibity
Cons: not enough hours now my family has grown up
As in any job each day is never the same, some days can be easy another can be busy and interrupted. I have learnt to manage my time and fit hours into my family life.

The people I work with are friendly and each person is looked on as the same.

The hardest part of my job is ensuring that everything runs smoothly and that all money is accounted for – more... each day.

I love the investigation side of the job, finding lost finance, and learning new ways to work. – less
loved working here.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Bury St. Edmunds, ENGOctober 25, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothen.
lovely staff, nice working environments, helpful,better when busy abit boring when quite. not one part of the job was harder than the other.
Tesco
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cardiff, WLSOctober 24, 2014
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: work life balance
The Internet has revolutionized the way we do business, many companies are no longer isolated from their competitors.

It is therefore essential for anyone who wants to be successful in this field to be fully up to date,

I have 15 years retail stores operational experience with The ability to deliver results ,the best customer service, the best standards,

I – more... can deliver what a company needs to grow and continue to grow with the dynamics of the new commercial world we live in. I will bring a wealth of experience, qualitative and quantitative techniques and ideas used in the analysis and solution of business problems in a global marketplace.

I am very passionate about achieving results,

I lead by example to inspire others to be proud in the results we will achieve,

I take the time giving guidance and stability to grow others within the business – less
Friendly Staff and Management
Customer Service Rep (G.I) (Current Employee), glasgowOctober 23, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: lot of weekend work
learned a lot at Tesco in my 4 years learned how to manage better work on my own and in teams

Co workers have been fantastic in helping me with development

Hardest part of job would be working a lot of weekends

The most enjoyable thing about is Tesco is they are all about the customer and treat customers fairly
really hard but good
Work Experience (Former Employee), Stoke-on-Trent, ENGOctober 23, 2014
i worked in the back kitchen from 9am till12pm then i stacked shelves and worked with someone which was good and helpful. i learnt working in a retail place dealing with food products was hard but good because I like a challenge but i would like to work with clothes.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
General Assistant (Former Employee), Wokingham , BerkshireOctober 23, 2014
Pros: happy, helpfull staff working along side me.
Cons: occasional rude and arragant customers.
Tesco , Wokingham was a very busy modern working environment
with a strong customer basis and a very family orientated work ethic concerning their employees. I enjoyed my 5 years as a General Assistant covering both Wines and Spirits and Grocery, as well as occasional stints helping out in the warehouse and with deliveries.
The build up to Christmas – more... was a particular favourite period of mine. – less
Becoming narrow minded....Profit driven at the expense of all other considerations
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTOctober 23, 2014
Pros: cheap canteen
Cons: lack of staff/not replacing staff
Start at 0900...Daily van checks...Check run for the day....9 vans due out but only 7 drivers....2 runs have to be split between the other 7....so there will be customers that will get their delivery late/out of their time slot due to this...This puts stress on my co-workers as they do not want to let their customers down....Managers tell the workers – more... to just get on with it, if the customers get the delivery late....so be it.
The hardest part of the job is trying to do the work of 2 people.
The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving a customer happy and with a smile on their face. – less
horrible company
customer assistant (Current Employee), Rugeley, ENGOctober 22, 2014
Cons: flexible hrs can give u more hrs in 24hr notice no good with kids
no talking on nights no commitment of management lot of backstabbers not a good place to work at all on nights
Team Leader Trainee has allowed me (Former Employee), cardiffOctober 22, 2014
good benefits
very repetetive job
management good
co workers all age ranges
enjoyed location as it was near house
Solid company to work for
night replenishment (Former Employee), manchesterOctober 22, 2014
Tesco was a good strong business. managers were good at there jobs and tried their best to get the best out of their people.
fun
Stock controller, cash administrator (Current Employee), manchesterOctober 21, 2014
Pros: good pay for the market
Cons: long hours, poor culture
poor management, good pay. Not very good progression hard to get on in the company
customer assistant
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Nottingham, ENGOctober 21, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: collegues and managers!
The place is a joke I have worked there 8 years they treat you like dirt they are all two faced back stabbers even the management are a joke and don't help at all!
good company to work for
Car park attendant/general floor assistant (Former Employee), carbis bay,st ivesOctober 21, 2014
Pros: staff discounts meals on duty, reduced rate (staff)
Cons: low hours
I worked there for 7 years starting on the carpark and then progressing to assisting other departments when and where required by my line manager.
customer assistant (Former Employee), Chesterfield, ENGOctober 21, 2014
Pros: very good staff spirit
Cons: exspect to much of 1 member of staff
I was a member if non-food & enjoyed my work.
I gained confidence
General Assistant (Former Employee), Coventry, ENGOctober 20, 2014
Pros: fun work collegues
Cons: strange hours
Wheni joined tesco in 2005, i was 16 and just out of school.
to start with it was a very difficult job to get into, i found speaking to the public difficult and a challenge,however as the years went on i came out of my shell, i became very chatty, full of confidence and found it really easy to approach customers aswell as well as making myself very – more... approachable.
The staff were lovely to work with on a daily basis which always made the day at work easier and more enjoyable, the hardest part of my job was the hours, every day was a different shift pattern, i work late some nights then early the next day, i woulld have found the job much easier if my shift were more manageble. – less
Well organised processes and friendly working environment
PPI Case Handler (Former Employee), GlasgowOctober 19, 2014
I loved working for Tesco Bank. Being a relatively new bank the systems and processes were modern and paper free. I would work to a target of calculating and repaying customers PPI refunds. My day was very fast paced which I love as I need to be kept busy.
Not for me
general assistant - Backdoor and Warehouse (Current Employee), Allerton Road, LiverpoolOctober 18, 2014
Pros: job for life, 10% discount, good opportunities
Cons: not an enjoyable job, vacancies are rare, some unsociable hours
Not an industry I would want to work in again. The hours were unsuitable to me. Pay was fair enough and worked with some great people, but I have a young family and needed more than 19 hours a week
Productive and easy going
CA (Training Duty Manager) (Current Employee), North EastOctober 18, 2014
Pros: privilege card
Cons: unsociable hours
Filling shelves, accepting deliveries, serving customers, cash admin, stock checks, legal routines, managing staff breaks, solving problems, leading a team, assign jobs, hand over to next manager.
I've learnt a lot about business from my experience and the legal requirements around trading law. I have also learnt about stock integrity and interacting – more... with a varied ethnic community.
The hardest part is the unsociable working hours working full time and at different times of the day as well as weekends means it's a struggle to see friends and family.
The most enjoyable thing for me is managing a team and successfully handing over a tidy/well stocked shop to the next manager. – less
Pays the bills
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), chesterOctober 18, 2014
Pros: cheap lunches
Cons: poor management
Basically my typical day working in tesco was to work on the self serve tills and make sure that everything ran smoothly for the customers.

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more