Tesco

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Uninteresting
Price Integrity Assistant (Former Employee), HorshamMarch 28, 2014
no one was there to help me when I needed the help.

The hours where rubbish
None Social Hours
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Belfast, NIRMarch 28, 2014
Pros: tesco staff discount card (10% off)
Cons: unsociable hours
Great place to work, co-workers were an excellent team. Enjoyed working with customers and helping them with any needs. Hardest part of the job was working mixed shifts. Overall a great experience.
Good but hard!
Warehouse operative (Former Employee), DonabateMarch 28, 2014
Study communications, health an safety, team work and work experience. Loved working on the warehouse floor.
One of the best I have worked for
Store Tech (Former Employee), Hove, ENGMarch 28, 2014
Pros: good working environment
Cons: i left.
Really sorry to have left this role.
A very customer facing job that unfortunately did not challenge me as I hoped. The role did however open my career path to some other skills like managing projects rather that just working within them, keeping to budgets and learning to think ahead, by this I mean understanding how a retail business moves and what – more... checks need to be done as the seasons change, so before its winter make sure the stores heating is going to work. – less
great team and fun to work
Twilight operations Team Leader (Current Employee), Wrexham, WLSMarch 27, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours
Everyday i have the responsibility of a 6 man team, i go into work and successfully delegate the workload to my team and myself. I also have the accountability of all the legal checks and ensuring the shop is delivered to a good standard.

i have learned a lot over the past few years i have been there especially when i was on a management placement – more... for 6 months turning the customer excellence rating from 57% to 87%.

the hardest part of my job is to work to very tight deadlines and working long hours when needed

i thoroughly enjoy working with my team and enjoy the challenge of training someone new – less
Great salary and oppertunity to progress.
Customer Service Desk Assistant (Current Employee), Bishops cleeveMarch 27, 2014
Great salary and an opportunity to progress if you are on a full time contract.

I have gained a great deal of skills within customer services, working well within a team and problem solving.

One of the best parts of my jobs is working within a team.

It is always a great feeling when you can make a positive difference to a customers day.
Nice Workplace
Machine operator (Former Employee), Goole, ENGMarch 27, 2014
Know how to work quickly
And be responsible for do things properly
Overall good experience
Work Experience (Former Employee), Crewe, ENGMarch 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch, meeting new people
For a period of 2 weeks, I had to do work experience in Tesco. Throughout the whole of this, I had to do many things that I wouldn't normally do:-
Meet new people
Clean
Cook
Stack shelves ect.

I found the experience of work positive, I enjoy working as I am very hard working. I enjoyed meeting and socialising with new people. The hardest part of the – more... job was cleaning but I still completed the task and to a very good standard. My most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and socialising - I love meeting new people. – less
Local store, minimise on transport costs, good group of workers all working with one goal.
Nightshift replenishment officer (Current Employee), South Queensferry, EdinburghMarch 27, 2014
Pros: discount on shopping after qualifying period. enrolment in pension scheme.
Cons: family life can be unsettled.
Time sensitive. Deadline to deliver full and clear shop can, at times, be very hard work depending upon staffing levels and the timimg of delivieries. Always conscious of what is expected and try at all times to deliver a full shop for our customers for the start of the new trading day.

I am working with people of all ages and different backgrounds. – more... Working as a team is core to the success of the business and there is sufficient experience in all areas to deliver what is best for the customer.

The hardest part of the role is when staffing levels are below the minimum and when deliveries arrive late, thereby, increasing pressure on colleagues to succeed in their roles.

I enjoy the team spirit, the laughs (at break times) and the fact that everyone takes their roles seriously to deliver what is expected on each shift.

The hardest part is as it is night-shift it can disrupt family life as I have two children in primary school who do miss their dad at night. – less
ok
Wages Clerk/ Stock control assistant (Current Employee), stornowayMarch 26, 2014
Pros: wages
Cons: long hours
hard job very stressfull. i enjoy wages a lot enjoy bein in office and working with computers. i get deal directly with the public always something new and exciting each day. stock control has long hours and very early starts. have to juggle both jobs.
Good team work and support of colleagues during stressful periods
Stock controller (part-time) (Former Employee), ENGMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good co workers and staff restaurant
Cons: lack of recognition of good work
Working in retail as a part-time stock controller my main responsibility was to ensure stock levels were maintained at optimum levels and to investigate any discrepancies in stock counts.

• Complete stock counts as per schedules sent down from head office
• Investigating discrepancies in stock levels and reporting findings to higher management
• Assisting – more... merchandising team
• Supporting checkouts at busy times
• Managing health and safety within the store
• Helping customers
I was also able to be responsive and supportive to both customers and colleagues, working to resolve problems and respond promptly to a fast pace changing environment. – less
Productive, interesting, hard working team
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Walkden - ManchesterMarch 26, 2014
A regular shift would consist of replenishing stock, maintaining tidiness of the fixtures, ensuring deliveries were 100% worked, and aiding and assisting customers whenever needed or required.

The enjoyment I receive from my work is knowing that, at the end of the shift I've completed all my task set out for me, and ensured that my aisle was tidied – more... perfectly and well presented.

My team were hard working, like-minded, operated under a well trained and open team leader, which allowed for greater flexibility when it came to approaching tasks - we never felt under immense pressure to accomplish a task when we knew we were able to discuss new ways at dealing with something with our managers. – less
Nice workplace
Customer assistant (Current Employee), Sandhurst, ENGMarch 25, 2014
Big super store. Big possibilities. Nice place to work. Nice people to work with.
happy and friendly place to work
customer assitant/stock controller/team leader (Current Employee), maidstoneMarch 25, 2014
Pros: 10% discount and a good pension
Cons: short staff
i work a 29 hour week its a fun place to work but can be hard somtimes. My job involes working on the till putting stock out,working with computors and managing stock levels.
the people i work with are a gd bunch of people but we are very under staffed so the presser is always on the best thing about my job is that i have learned alot of usefull stuff – more... on computers and ganined good cumtomer skills. – less
good but only temporary
Seasonal Advisory Manager (Former Employee), CardiffMarch 25, 2014
tesco call centre was fun to work at, the team mates was lovely, although the training was not that good lucky enough what we had to do on the computer was easy enough to use. Management was okay. Everyone was helpful. Easy going job i really enjoined working here
Night security Tesco northarbour
Security Guard (Former Employee), portsmouthMarch 25, 2014
Pros: staff dicount
Cons: no susport from management
Running night security and controlling access to the store, protection of staff and stock. Management where slow to assist in the arrests of suspects and responding to requests like relief for breaks or assisting with customers questions. I did not see many co-workers as my roll was at the main entrance to the store. the hardest part of this job was – more... dealing with groups of drunk suspects on my own as management slow to respond. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and keeping the store a safe place for staff and customers to be. – less
Good
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee), Ystradgynlais, WLSMarch 24, 2014
Was a good place to work. Friendly staff to work with, and not bad pay for what you do.
Fun and friendly people
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Blackburn with Darwen, ENGMarch 24, 2014
Pros: subsidised canteen
Cons: lack of flexibility
Fun and friendly place to work, i was sad when the news came out about the store closure.
good
DotCom assistant (Former Employee), basingstokeMarch 23, 2014
Pros: luunch was cheap
Cons: tiring
it was good start early in the morning about 6o'clock and would right through till 2 and would maybe have 15 minute break or half an hour
good environment and fun work place
management trainee (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 23, 2014
Pros: concession meals
Tesco is best in supermarket marketing.
saturday
planning
management
good relation
worked at outside
check outs

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more