Tesco

Tesco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company to work
Customer Advisor (Former Employee), Bristol, ENGNovember 24, 2014
Some days are better than the others. Target based but good support and team work
fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), London, ENGNovember 24, 2014
it was good fun to work at tescos sometimes but it can be hard work
Friendly, helpful fun place to work
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee), Launceston, ENGNovember 24, 2014
Pros: on occasions we would get a free buffet.
I worked part time 22 hours per week. I came in and restocked my section. Helped out in the warehouse loading and unloading vans. Helped customers with their shopping. Collected all cardboard off of the shop floor and loaded on cages and then disposed of it. Helped out on other sections when needed.

I learned how to organise my section. How to deliver – more... the best customer service. How to work as a team. How to also work alone.

I found everyone very friendly and helpful. I got on with all the staff and management.

I did not find anything hard but i never went on the tills and i know i would struggle with this.

Everyday was enjoyable. I loved working with all my colleagues and i loved my job. – less
Fun workplace
Customer service assistant (Current Employee), Milton KeynesNovember 23, 2014
Pros: /
Cons: short break
The staff are lovely
The boss is very miserable
I love the customers and the job
Productive dynamic workplace
Cashier/Shop Assistant (Current Employee), St. HelensNovember 21, 2014
Pros: overtime is always available
Cons: split shifts across different departments
A typical day at work consists of starting at 5pm and doing 'Job 14', a task which involves checking stock on various departments and removing items that are on the current date along with scanning items and quantities of them for tomorrows review. Due to the departments we have to cover on this job it takes most of the shift, with us often having to – more... reduce items that are on todays date in order for them to sell and therefore reduce waste for the store.
I've been taught how to check stock and reports on the computer, along with being highly competent in using the tools required for my job, such as a PDA.
I work closely with my team members, with there being at least 2 of us on a shift which has increased my teamwork and communication skills. – less
Daunting Place And Full of Bullying
Sales Rep (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 21, 2014
Abused,bullied,Management do not care about staff,customer service just poor,duty of care not existing,just horrible
Must be focused but very fun atmosphere
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee), Milton Keynes, ENGNovember 20, 2014
Pros: 10% discount, cheap prices for food in staff room and friendly environment
Cons: early hours, large work loads to manage and dealing with customer negativity at early hours
The day starts with clocking in for my shift and then signing out a PDA and or printer ready to start overstock investigations along with my co worker of the same position as mine. We then have our timetables on our persons as well as on a notice board in our office. We then review our to do list and organise it accordingly to our time limit and begin – more... checking stock on floor and in warehouse, as well as updating stock levels and labelling back stock to show current stock states.

Managers in Tesco are fair, strict yet fun people. They find a good balance of communicating with employees on a personal level as well as being able to be decisive on giving our tasks and the details we need to know to complete them in. By being able to help their employees in such effective ways, we learn how to be organised ourselves, communicate better with one another, learn to respect each other for our efforts and become more technologically experienced after the use of computers and PDAs within our positions.

Along with me and one co worker doing the OSI and low line investigations, we have two members performing the gap scan on both sides of food stock control, fresh and grocery. We do these jobs separately from another as gap scanners require a lot of time on their own to search and investigate multiple isolated issues within lines of stock over large areas such as entire departments or isles.

The hardest part of this job is the amount of concentration required for it as it's a job done between 6am to 11am of which I arrive at 5.30am to be early for work. This is a very early time to be awake and concentration is hard to achieve, but I have managed to work efficiently on a regular basis regardless of the time. On the flip side, the best part or most enjoyable part of this job is having a good team of employees who are friendly and help each other out even if they are busy themselves. – less
Clothing
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), StockportNovember 19, 2014
Pros: parement
Cons: short hours
I Work at Tesco a typical day at work is where I work at clothing.

My typical takes are where I help the customers with their questions and help find their sizes and help them with anything over things that I can help them with.

I put stock out and sort delivery out in the warehouse.

I help out on checkout when I am needed.
Communication skills
Checkout Cashier (Former Employee), Kosice, SlovakiaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
In this work, I had to talk to different people and try to understand them as much as I can. Also, I met new people which I enjoy doing. However, the hours were really long and the payment wasnt as good.
fun workplace
customer sales assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ENGNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free tea and coffee and cheap shopping
Working for this company enables staff to learn and progress in many ways. There are many opportunities to gain the best of your ability and climb the ladder. The support from management, staff and the workers are friendly and supportive.
Good Money, Easy
Picker (Current Employee), BrooklandsNovember 19, 2014
I worked on .com and best pay around for such a simple job, lots of staff so always help available and good work cuilture
Checkout Cashier (Former Employee), watfordNovember 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: repetitive
A typical day would be 4 hours on tills as i was part time, where i learnt how to use a till and provide good customer service. The management team and staff were all friendly and easy to get a long with and overall i enjoyed my time, although it can be boring sitting on a till all night doing the same thing, here as i learnt many skills and gained – more... experience for working for such a big company with a popular name. – less
fast paced but easy
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee), cumbernauldNovember 19, 2014
Pros: the salary. % off after a year
Cons: too many managers asking different departments to help.
Its a great place to work. the payments each month are also good on part time. The managers could probably be more helpful though.
lovely people, made good friends
Team Leader (Current Employee), Wroxham, ENGNovember 18, 2014
typical day for me at Tesco, is running my shift, ensuring staff get their breaks, unloading deliveries, and working deliveries, completing cash routines and reductions throughout the day
A secure employment environment.
Compliance Manager (Current Employee), LondonNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits & pensions schemes
Cons: long hours, a difficult work life balance.
My typical day at work involves learning something new about the world of business within retail every day. I have learnt many important facets necessary for business management; including; human resource management, trade driving, payroll administration any many more essential skills.
poor management
Pharmacy Dispenser (Former Employee), South Shields, ENGNovember 17, 2014
management is poor, great benifit scheme, best wages in retail, better than asda, sainsburys, etc. great place to start out your career with chances to progress. tesco is a good place to work
Retail line manager
Retail line manager (Former Employee), Leyland/ChorleyNovember 17, 2014
Was a line manager for the last four years of my career with tesco in which i had to manage all K,P,I's within department. Managed up to 26 staff and also once a week was duty manager in which had the acountability for the entire store operation.
Treat people how you would like to be treated.
Senior Officer NGN (Former Employee), bengaluruNovember 17, 2014
Pros: energizer
Cons: rebel
Its a good place to work but not great. Lot of opportunities to learn. Management needs honest people.Co workers are the motivators to win the race of being top. Hardest part of the job if its monotones.Love our job that is the best.

Learn and let others learn.
an ok place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), lincolnNovember 17, 2014
working on the checkouts assisting people to pack there bags
Stressfree place to bring out the best in one's self
Officer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 16, 2014
Every day would bring in a new learning,
trainings were arranged to strengthen our core skills
Hard work was well aprreciated and management are very supportive and understanding
Co- workers very flexible in times of need and support one another.

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more