Tesco

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
On the go job role
Checkout Team Leader (Former Employee), somersetAugust 9, 2014
An ejoyable job role, dealing with members of the public. I gained some long life friends during my time.
fun and exciting
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Swansea City, WLSAugust 8, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: work life balance
This is a fun and exciting place to work, with a large variety or roles and responsibilities
Tesco Experience
Senior Buying Administrator (Assistant Buyer) (Former Employee), BangaloreAugust 8, 2014
Pros: extra curricular amenities in campus
Cons: no free cab facility
Usually Last week and week 1 of month high volumes of work is there due to reporting.
Management is good and managers are like mentors.
Co-worker and working environment is healthy and professional.
Excellent place to work and excel
Team Leader - Communications (Former Employee), IndiaAugust 7, 2014
A good work-life balance makes Tesco a great company to work for.
Picker for online shopping
Picker- Online shopping (Former Employee), HaslingdonAugust 7, 2014
Pros: training, good pay
Cons: only a temporary position
I only worked there for a couple of months due to a Christmas temporary position. The job itself was fantastic and i wish it was made permanent. The management was really helpful and was a great place to work and made quite few friends whilst i was there for the amount of time i was at the job.
Great experience
MIG Welder (Current Employee), Lincoln,NEAugust 7, 2014
Pros: being around very good welders and good health insurance.
Cons: not very good communication.
Great learning experience and got great welding skills but no room advance.
Not the best salary, great college's.
Deli Sale's Assistant (Former Employee), Lerwick, SCTAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good holidays, good management
Cons: no job progression, often working in very humid conditions at height, poor wage
Within my post I had to write out a Safe Plan of Action (S.P.A) which incorporated all the planned work for the day. I had to get the S.P.A signed off by an engineer who would often ask me further questions to gauge how the job was going and to see if the electricians we on track.
After getting the S.P.A, the next part of the day would differ depending – more... on the job I was on, most days I would have to get into a harness and onto a Boom Lift to work at heights. I had to complete Work at Heights training to ensure my safety in such situations I would then pull in cable(s) along containment that was available. In some cases I would have to put in the containment (tray, trunking or conduit) in order to pull the cables to the correct area.
After pulling in the cable along the route, I would then aid the electrician in the final connection of the cable, usually I would stay beside the electrician with the safety equipment ready to use if required.
All of my co-workers were extremely professional and exact with their work Often staying in after hours to complete the job.
Hardest part of the job was working at a Height with steam around/near me and feeling hot and sticky. Then moving into cold conditions where I would start to cold sweat.
I learned I am very dedicated as I managed to stay in such a low paying job for three and a half years Within such time I completed all the safety requirements including all the safety courses. – less
A good place to learn skills.
customer assistant (Current Employee), Romford, ENGAugust 7, 2014
I have learned many skills working at tesco, for example:
- Customer Service
- Handling Food
- Work at a fast pace
- Become Independent

A typical day would be working on self service and helping the customers with the machines, if they go wrong. The management team are very helpful and the co-workers are a laugh and help you even if the manager can't. – more... The hardest part of the job would be the being on my feet all the time, but I've got used to it now so it doesn't bother me at all, and the most enjoyable part with working with the people I get on with and being part of a team. – less
Happy environment along with productive and fulfilling work
Customer Service Desk (Current Employee), Rainham, ENGAugust 7, 2014
Pros: benefits for working bank holidays or sundays
Cons: some unsociable hours
Working for Tesco means that customers are 100% priority, as I am on the customer service desk it is up to myself and my colleagues to ensure that every customer walks away happy.
I have learnt to deal with different situations professionally and accordingly along with learning how to overcome difficult issues for example, language barriers or unsatisfied – more... customers.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and being able to have a friendly and approachable conversations whilst I'm doing my job, knowing I have helped and ensured the customer walks away happy is a great feeling. – less
brilliant place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Bideford, ENGAugust 7, 2014
Pros: staff discount after 6 months
excellent place to work, everybody was nice and happy most the time and i wish i had never ended that cor rear.
Productive and fun work place
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 7, 2014
I am happy to work in Tesco last 2.6 yrs i m working here its a very good work place, and also i learn so many new thinks.
Amazing place to work
Compliance Legal Analyst (Former Employee), bangaloreAugust 6, 2014
If you paid well, the best place to be in.
I was unlucky my role went back to Uk.
very hard work place
Picker (Current Employee), Goole, ENGAugust 6, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: long hours, very heavy job
every day the same, just picking, I learned drive llop and fast work, The managements are OK but they have problem with pay money and pay for holiday
Enjoyable daily challenges.
Systems stock counter (part time) (Former Employee), London, ENGAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great team of staff, dealing with daily challenges, staff perks, pension plan, working on my own initiative, being able to work independantly, my outcomes were dependant upon my output, being acknowledged by my colleagues, dealing with a wide variety of people, work to life balance.
This to date has been my most enjoyable position, in that it enabled me to utilize a lot of personal skills seamlessly, in presenting excellent customer facing services, whilst being given autonomy within my department.
Additionally, being acknowledged by my peers for my contributions to the staff team, whilst relishing the prospect of providing valuable – more... information to my colleagues in order for them to manage adequate stock levels on a daily basis. – less
Challenging yet insightful
Manager (Current Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGAugust 6, 2014
Pros: staff benefits. (staff discount, pension, free shares)
Cons: long hours, unsociable hours.
Each day is different in the retail world, it's not all about stacking shelves. Targets and deadlines are always an ongoing challenge. Learning that you can't do everything on your own and gaining trust in your work force is a lesson I have gained from my management position. One of the hardest parts of my current job is doing something I don't enjoy – more... doing. Retail management isn;'t what I want to do. Although I have put 110% into it, imagine what I can achieve doing something I love to do. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is meeting and chatting with new people each and every day. With a wide range of people coming through the doors, you get to meet some great characters. – less
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 5, 2014
Good working environment.
Opportunity to learn more in day to day work.
good pay for warehouse operative
warehouse operative (Former Employee), HarlowAugust 5, 2014
Pros: good pay, easy job
Cons: tescos slavery attitude
As a night shift worker I was responsible for loading trailers, good job but physically demanding and boring at the times.
Enjoyable and flexable place to work.
customer assistant (Current Employee), BoltonAugust 5, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy working at Tesco, the colleagues are a pleasure t work with. I understand my role and I am confident on what I have to do and I know I do my job correctly.
Interesting to work there and a nice working environment.
Store Assistant (Former Employee), Farnworth, ENGAugust 4, 2014
A typical day for me would include shelf replenishment, aisle maintenance and setting up promotional displays. As I was only there on a work experience scheme, I assume the day-to-day life was a little different for me.
I learned the basics of how a retail environment works and what it would be like to work in one.
The management was helpful and were – more... always available when needed.
My co-workers were helpful in letting me know how to meet certain expectations in the store and made sure to help me when they could.
The hardest part of my job was probably assisting customers, as having only worked there for a week I didn't have a perfect knowledge of the layout of the store. – less
Enjoyable
Customer assistant (Current Employee), Bursledon, ENGAugust 4, 2014
Its an easy enjoyable day job that pays well, surrounded by great people. The days can be long but are worth while.

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more