Tesco
2,025 reviews

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun and love working with people
Customer service (Current Employee), Wakefield, ENGAugust 13, 2014
Pros: staff discount, local shop people
Cons: differnet managment in every 6month
Hi a typical day at work will be to help out with delivries,work cages, go on the till,belive it or not i learn something new everyday i have come across alsorts of customers from different backgrounds,cultures,disabillity,and i love working and helping people one of the best things you can do in life.The mangement are very good and help out as much – more... as they can they appreciate your work time and effort,peolpe who i work with are very good because it is a local shop you get to know everyone very easy.To be honest i would say the hardest part is when it is not busy because the main goal is the customers are first. – less
Productive workplace, but bad management/training staff
Customer Assistant - Checkouts (Former Employee), Yiewsley, ENGAugust 12, 2014
Pros: friendly collegues
Cons: bad management
A typical day at work involved serving customers on the checkouts, and occasionally putting back products that customers no longer wanted.
I learned how to communicate better with a variety of people and how to work as part of a team.
The management was pretty awful. On my training day, the checkout manager misplaced the photocopies of my passport and – more... bank details, which was a rather large setback. The recruitment manager was also incredibly rude and failed to provide the new recruits with key information which prevented us from doing our jobs properly. The managers were generally unmotivated to help you if you had a problem.
My co-workers were very helpful and welcoming. They supported you if you had a problem and gave me tips on how to work my till.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with rude or angry customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying customers by providing great customer service and being acknowledged for your hard work. – less
Fast paced, But Intresting Work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Alton, ENGAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good pay compared to similar jobs
Cons: unsociable hours
Leading a team of staff working in a retail environment, maintaining stock levels, ordering, taking deliveries, carrying out stock reductions, changing prices and ensuring the site is ready for customers at all times. Greeting customers, receiving and resolving complaints or queries. Cashing up tills, opening and closing the store.
Very stressful at – more... times but there is also lots of room for advancement however after 6 months in the job most employees would not even consider advancement. – less
Excellent
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee), Hartlepool, ENGAugust 12, 2014
Pros: good salary
Tesco is a great place to work. The salary is good and the staff are really lovely, Staff at Tesco make the day a little more fun while at work.
Fun, fast paced job
Personal assistant (Former Employee), Harlow, ENGAugust 12, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
I found working for mcmullens was a good job to be in. The managers were excellent and all employees treated each other like family. would recommend this employer to anyone.
fun workplace
Checkout Operator (Former Employee), glasgowAugust 11, 2014
I enjoyed working for Tesco very much
relaxed environment friendly collages and overall a good comapny
No day is the same
Customer Checkout Assistant (Current Employee), portglasgowAugust 11, 2014
Fun place to work, with the chance to meet new and interesting people each day.
Very good place to work.Pay is good.The staff are nice.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Very good place to work.Pay is good.The staff are nice.
Hard working, but never dull
Picker (Former Employee), Lincoln, ENGAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great staff room with cafe.
Cons: early morning start, but i adapted easily to the hours
My job involved collecting and picking items off the shop floor for the people who have made their orders on line. I would work 6AM to 12PM. I would have a half an hour brake, but otherwise I would be going round the shop floor collecting orders.
I learnt great time keeping skills and to work so the customer had the best option in store that we had.
My – more... management team and co workers were all very friendly and made me feel welcome. I was also trained cery quickly, so within one shift I was on the shop floor pulling products with my own trolly.
The hardest part of the job was doing a big shop with little time left to do it in.
I enjoyed the challenge of working to a target band also making friends with my colleges. – less
Bow
Customer Assistant and Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Bromley, ENGAugust 10, 2014
I usually work flexible hours which has make me learn alot from both my managers and my colleagues.
Due to my job title, l always make the moment matters.
To develop a quality and a great customer service for my company we all work as a team, even if managers was'nt around l work on our own initiatives, and by so doing l feel so enjoyable by been giving – more... customers their needs. – less
repetitive but a good place to work
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Bromborough, ENGAugust 10, 2014
Pros: best pay out of the supermarkets
Cons: long hours and not enough staff
expected to deliver good customer service and go the extra mile for customers
management are working on improving relationships with colleagues as can be quite cliquey
co workers make the job especially on days with long hours and horrible customers, which is definitely the hardest part of the job
Time goes by pretty quickly when loading trailers.
Transport clerk/warehouse (Current Employee), DoncasterAugust 10, 2014
Pros: you know what time you will be finishing your shift.
Cons: too many chiefs not enough indians.
Always arrive 30 minutes before start time to check MHE.
Always have a briefing at start of shift. Start loading trailer immediately with fork truck. Their is a high expectation of doing your
best at all times. You are entitled to a 30 minute break per shift.
Sometimes, you can be choosen to do other work as we are all
employed as Warehouse operatives.
Tesco Review
Grocery Team Leader (Current Employee), Fulbourn, ENGAugust 10, 2014
Pros: fast paced working environment
Cons: weekend work, having to help other departments consistently every day, meaning sometimes i get behind.
A typical work day at Tesco varies hugely. As a current team leader of Grocery I oversee the running of the entire ambient department, ensuring daily tasks such as rotation planning and isle tidies are completed on time. I also communicate a weekly bulletin to my team, with the latest in store and department information being provided. I deal with customers – more... on a daily basis; showing them to products, helping them with requests and queries, and generally greeting customers around the store.

I have learnt many things at Tesco. I have learnt about effective time management and how it can benefit my team and the store, how to spot potential trading opportunities in an effort to enhance our weekly/year to date sales to ensure we meet and beat our sales targets, how to use a PDA to count stock, book waste, merchandise departments to ensure an easy shopping experience for our customers, how to ask more than tell and work shoulder to shoulder with my colleagues and ensure department standards are high by deep cleaning and tidying.

As a member of the Grocery department, I am required to be an active multiskiller. This means if other departments (i.e. checkouts and dotcom) have any shortfalls, I am to help by covering these shortfalls personally. This is something I do on a daily basis. Although I am happy to help other departments in ensuring the success of our company, this happens all too consistently, allowing for my workload to pile from my own department whilst I am constantly aiding another. – less
very buzy place to work
Entering Daily Sales Figures onto Database (Former Employee), Dublin, DAugust 9, 2014
Pros: club card point
packing sheleves greet customers, bag pagging, counting money
On the go job role
Checkout Team Leader (Former Employee), somersetAugust 9, 2014
An ejoyable job role, dealing with members of the public. I gained some long life friends during my time.
fun and exciting
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Swansea City, WLSAugust 8, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: work life balance
This is a fun and exciting place to work, with a large variety or roles and responsibilities
Tesco Experience
Senior Buying Administrator (Assistant Buyer) (Former Employee), BangaloreAugust 8, 2014
Pros: extra curricular amenities in campus
Cons: no free cab facility
Usually Last week and week 1 of month high volumes of work is there due to reporting.
Management is good and managers are like mentors.
Co-worker and working environment is healthy and professional.
Excellent place to work and excel
Team Leader - Communications (Former Employee), IndiaAugust 7, 2014
A good work-life balance makes Tesco a great company to work for.

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more