Tesco

Tesco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
hard work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee), Rugby, ENGJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: nil
Cons: end up working most weekends
great co workers but keep pushing the targets young persons game.no longer treated as a person your just a number.only working here as job was available when i needed it
Horrible Company To Work For.
Customer Delivery Assistant (Dot.Com Driver) (Former Employee), Rutherglen Extra Store GlasgowJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good bunch of drivers
Cons: no help from management, attitude from managers, vans never out on time, job description changes daily to suit managers, runs get changed about to give managers friends easy runs.
Typical day involved stating at 19:00-23:00 or 09:00-19:00.
Vans were never picked on time so every day you would leave late and were unable to catch up.
The attitude of the Managers and Team Leaders in store is a disgrace but the old pals act is what keep them in jobs.
The Manager of Dot.Com department in Rutherglen store is a complete liability who spends more time texting his girlfriend than helping sort the mess the department is in.
If you had extremely heavy deliveries i.e. 200kg 3 flights up with no lifts they would rather keep a spare driver in store to clean the yard than send them out to help you.
The routing system is shambolic and mileages are well under the actual miles to each delivery and delivery times are a complete joke i.e. 9 minutes to travel 8 miles in rush hour traffic.
They fail to listen to you when you highlight these problems when you run out of time before your shift finishes and have to return orders to store.
The slightest thing you do wrong the manager will have you in for an investigation unless you are one of the managers clique.
Constantly mess up peoples holidays and lose holiday sheets.
Moral in the department is as low as it can possibly get and drivers have started and left with days due to lack of training and management attitude.
The department has had 15 managers in 6 years and each manager left the department as the store manager refuses to issue help in the department.
Best part of the job is the fellow drivers who are a great bunch of guys who will bend over backwards to help you even though they regularly get pulled up by the manager – more... for not asking for permission to basically get job done easier.
Staff discount is only 10% with to be honest is pretty rubbish.
Wages are only £7:60 which is scandalous when you actually start the job and see what is involved. It should be at least a £9p/h wage.
Tesco Rutherglen is a store I would advise any person thinking of applying for a driving job at to seriously think again.
You will be at your doctor for a sickline for back problems before you know it.
Every driver in the department is looking for a new job to get out of the place.
Also, make sure you join the union as you will need it for the amount of times you will be pulled in for petty things.

Save your health and sanity and don't apply to work for the Rutherglen Extra store. – less
retail assistant
Retail assistant (Former Employee), southendJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: staff was nice
Cons: was only work experience
i helped with putting out stock.
i helped customerws find the things they was looking for.
i enjoyed meeting customers and helping them.
the staff was friendly
Hard work with little management
temporary customer assistant (Former Employee), BarnstapleJanuary 7, 2015
At interview I given the idea it was more than just a Christmas job, but come December the management terminated all temportary staff, very disappointing
great pay but tough work
Team Leader (Former Employee), abbeymeadJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: too many lates
great place to work however the work is hard and you can be short staffed but a great team will make all the difference if you get the right manager Tesco express is the best place you can work however get the wrong manager and you'll hate it
fun place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), StocktonJanuary 6, 2015
Great Support. Really challenging. Great fun. I have real responsibility. Friendly colleagues.
Productive workplace
Customer service (Current Employee), Leicester, Beaumont LeysJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: early finishes
Cons: very early starts
- Every member of staff is helpful
- The hardest part of the job I would say is getting up early
- The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people, and helping the customers.
fun but boring work place
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee), ChinehamJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: you get paid on time.
Cons: long hours in the evening.
typical day at work - get in clock in find out from team leaders what till your going on, sit down serve customers have a good laugh and a good chat with customers or deal with the rude ones sign off, close your gate, clock out and leave. it was quite a boring workplace but you got the job done.

What I learned - I learned how to use a till and all about customer service and what it takes to have a good company.

management - management could of been better.

my co-workers - were all hard workers though some of us -not all but some of us- were pushed a little to far i think.

the most enjoyable part - the most enjoyable part was to have a good chat with customers getting to know them, and having friendly co-workers

the hardest part - of the job was where i had to try be calm and collect when i say something that wasnt right or wasnt treated with the same respect as everyone else.
Hardworking enviroment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Liverpool, ENGJanuary 6, 2015
My review of this company during my work experience was excellent, i learnt a lot during my time there, it was never dull, i always had work to do which is good because i like to be busy but overall i had a brilliant time.
work expirence for health and social
trainee despenser (Former Employee), north shieldsJanuary 6, 2015
tesco is a great store to do work experience in i have learned lots of new things they helped me to expand on my customer service,
The people who i work with were really polite and very friendly i always asked if i needed him and they would help me .
OPERATION (Former Employee), Kota Bharu, M03January 5, 2015
Pros: free luch
Cons: -
Part time job
Difficult to arranged the product
work only 5 day.
Gain new experienced and different environment
Need more energy to doing the job
Absolute fantastic place to work
Assistant Manager- Led Insights (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 5, 2015
No cons only pros.
You can shape your career here if u have the skill
poor
Late Night Stock Worker (Former Employee), Clacton-on-Sea, ENGJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: walking miles to and from
the management and organisation was poor to many people doing the same job and others not having enough help. the management never knew who was working and who was where and was never around to ask questions to.
Productive and hard working.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), HaslemereJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good break times, great breakfasts and lunches.
Cons: some stressful day's but easily resolved and sorted.
Tesco's is a great place to work if you have good customer service skills as you will definitely be tested on them.

I worked over various departments, all of which I enjoyed. The only issue I found was that because my store was a training store, managers would change quite often which then meant working different procedures than the last. Which isn't a problem if you can handle change.

Pretty basic working day's though, simply work the delivery in the morning as a team then after that throughout the day you would keep it tidy and presentable and if stocks running low, start working on back stock to replenish the shelves.

There are schedules you need to try and keep up with such as how long it should take to work delivery then the times for reductions and waste etc..

All in all I had a good time working there, I had a great team to get through the harder day's.

Fun and friendly atmosphere.
great place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Bournemouth, ENGJanuary 4, 2015
i really enjoyed working there, great people plus i enjoy working as a bartender
productive and like a family
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), eastwoodJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at Tesco's would be either on the tills or stocking up the shelves. I also did stock control whilest i was there for a short while aswel. I worked there for 6 and a half years and loved it. Everyone I worked with treated you nicely and we were all like a family. Whilest I was there we always went out together for meals a few times of year for birthdays and Christmas. I miss it very much so would always recommend Tescos for people to work for.
Typical day.
Systems/Transport Clerk (Former Employee), Weybridge.January 4, 2015
Pros: great team.
Cons: very long hours.
Working as part of a small team, we used Isotrak Satellite Tracking Systems to plan routes for HGV drivers.
Great work environment
Temporary team member (Former Employee), CarlisleJanuary 3, 2015
Good management; staff are well looked after. Good pay for a student, great team that are friendly and helpful, great customer service, good staff benefits, education was worked around well, flexible hours, good staff levels, calm work environment and overall great experience.
flt driver order picker
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Brighouse, ENGJanuary 3, 2015
good company to work for,good staff,flt driving license acquired and job satisfaction
Customer Assistant - Tesco
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), ENGJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great bunch of colleagues
Cons: pay wasn't great
For my first job, i thought it wasn't too bad. I received help by colleagues when in trouble and learnt a lot out business to some extent.

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more