Tesco

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good and productive
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), CardiffAugust 10, 2014
Very good place to work.Pay is good.The staff are nice.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Hard working, but never dull
Picker (Former Employee), Lincoln, ENGAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great staff room with cafe.
Cons: early morning start, but i adapted easily to the hours
My job involved collecting and picking items off the shop floor for the people who have made their orders on line. I would work 6AM to 12PM. I would have a half an hour brake, but otherwise I would be going round the shop floor collecting orders.
I learnt great time keeping skills and to work so the customer had the best option in store that we had.
My – more... management team and co workers were all very friendly and made me feel welcome. I was also trained cery quickly, so within one shift I was on the shop floor pulling products with my own trolly.
The hardest part of the job was doing a big shop with little time left to do it in.
I enjoyed the challenge of working to a target band also making friends with my colleges. – less
Bow
Customer Assistant and Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Bromley, ENGAugust 10, 2014
I usually work flexible hours which has make me learn alot from both my managers and my colleagues.
Due to my job title, l always make the moment matters.
To develop a quality and a great customer service for my company we all work as a team, even if managers was'nt around l work on our own initiatives, and by so doing l feel so enjoyable by been giving – more... customers their needs. – less
repetitive but a good place to work
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Bromborough, ENGAugust 10, 2014
Pros: best pay out of the supermarkets
Cons: long hours and not enough staff
expected to deliver good customer service and go the extra mile for customers
management are working on improving relationships with colleagues as can be quite cliquey
co workers make the job especially on days with long hours and horrible customers, which is definitely the hardest part of the job
Time goes by pretty quickly when loading trailers.
Transport clerk/warehouse (Current Employee), DoncasterAugust 10, 2014
Pros: you know what time you will be finishing your shift.
Cons: too many chiefs not enough indians.
Always arrive 30 minutes before start time to check MHE.
Always have a briefing at start of shift. Start loading trailer immediately with fork truck. Their is a high expectation of doing your
best at all times. You are entitled to a 30 minute break per shift.
Sometimes, you can be choosen to do other work as we are all
employed as Warehouse operatives.
Tesco Review
Grocery Team Leader (Current Employee), Fulbourn, ENGAugust 10, 2014
Pros: fast paced working environment
Cons: weekend work, having to help other departments consistently every day, meaning sometimes i get behind.
A typical work day at Tesco varies hugely. As a current team leader of Grocery I oversee the running of the entire ambient department, ensuring daily tasks such as rotation planning and isle tidies are completed on time. I also communicate a weekly bulletin to my team, with the latest in store and department information being provided. I deal with customers – more... on a daily basis; showing them to products, helping them with requests and queries, and generally greeting customers around the store.

I have learnt many things at Tesco. I have learnt about effective time management and how it can benefit my team and the store, how to spot potential trading opportunities in an effort to enhance our weekly/year to date sales to ensure we meet and beat our sales targets, how to use a PDA to count stock, book waste, merchandise departments to ensure an easy shopping experience for our customers, how to ask more than tell and work shoulder to shoulder with my colleagues and ensure department standards are high by deep cleaning and tidying.

As a member of the Grocery department, I am required to be an active multiskiller. This means if other departments (i.e. checkouts and dotcom) have any shortfalls, I am to help by covering these shortfalls personally. This is something I do on a daily basis. Although I am happy to help other departments in ensuring the success of our company, this happens all too consistently, allowing for my workload to pile from my own department whilst I am constantly aiding another. – less
very buzy place to work
Entering Daily Sales Figures onto Database (Former Employee), Dublin, DAugust 9, 2014
Pros: club card point
packing sheleves greet customers, bag pagging, counting money
On the go job role
Checkout Team Leader (Former Employee), somersetAugust 9, 2014
An ejoyable job role, dealing with members of the public. I gained some long life friends during my time.
fun and exciting
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Swansea City, WLSAugust 8, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: work life balance
This is a fun and exciting place to work, with a large variety or roles and responsibilities
Tesco Experience
Senior Buying Administrator (Assistant Buyer) (Former Employee), BangaloreAugust 8, 2014
Pros: extra curricular amenities in campus
Cons: no free cab facility
Usually Last week and week 1 of month high volumes of work is there due to reporting.
Management is good and managers are like mentors.
Co-worker and working environment is healthy and professional.
Excellent place to work and excel
Team Leader - Communications (Former Employee), IndiaAugust 7, 2014
A good work-life balance makes Tesco a great company to work for.
Picker for online shopping
Picker- Online shopping (Former Employee), HaslingdonAugust 7, 2014
Pros: training, good pay
Cons: only a temporary position
I only worked there for a couple of months due to a Christmas temporary position. The job itself was fantastic and i wish it was made permanent. The management was really helpful and was a great place to work and made quite few friends whilst i was there for the amount of time i was at the job.
Great experience
MIG Welder (Current Employee), Lincoln,NEAugust 7, 2014
Pros: being around very good welders and good health insurance.
Cons: not very good communication.
Great learning experience and got great welding skills but no room advance.
Not the best salary, great college's.
Deli Sale's Assistant (Former Employee), Lerwick, SCTAugust 7, 2014
Pros: good holidays, good management
Cons: no job progression, often working in very humid conditions at height, poor wage
Within my post I had to write out a Safe Plan of Action (S.P.A) which incorporated all the planned work for the day. I had to get the S.P.A signed off by an engineer who would often ask me further questions to gauge how the job was going and to see if the electricians we on track.
After getting the S.P.A, the next part of the day would differ depending – more... on the job I was on, most days I would have to get into a harness and onto a Boom Lift to work at heights. I had to complete Work at Heights training to ensure my safety in such situations I would then pull in cable(s) along containment that was available. In some cases I would have to put in the containment (tray, trunking or conduit) in order to pull the cables to the correct area.
After pulling in the cable along the route, I would then aid the electrician in the final connection of the cable, usually I would stay beside the electrician with the safety equipment ready to use if required.
All of my co-workers were extremely professional and exact with their work Often staying in after hours to complete the job.
Hardest part of the job was working at a Height with steam around/near me and feeling hot and sticky. Then moving into cold conditions where I would start to cold sweat.
I learned I am very dedicated as I managed to stay in such a low paying job for three and a half years Within such time I completed all the safety requirements including all the safety courses. – less
A good place to learn skills.
customer assistant (Current Employee), Romford, ENGAugust 7, 2014
I have learned many skills working at tesco, for example:
- Customer Service
- Handling Food
- Work at a fast pace
- Become Independent

A typical day would be working on self service and helping the customers with the machines, if they go wrong. The management team are very helpful and the co-workers are a laugh and help you even if the manager can't. – more... The hardest part of the job would be the being on my feet all the time, but I've got used to it now so it doesn't bother me at all, and the most enjoyable part with working with the people I get on with and being part of a team. – less
Happy environment along with productive and fulfilling work
Customer Service Desk (Current Employee), Rainham, ENGAugust 7, 2014
Pros: benefits for working bank holidays or sundays
Cons: some unsociable hours
Working for Tesco means that customers are 100% priority, as I am on the customer service desk it is up to myself and my colleagues to ensure that every customer walks away happy.
I have learnt to deal with different situations professionally and accordingly along with learning how to overcome difficult issues for example, language barriers or unsatisfied – more... customers.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and being able to have a friendly and approachable conversations whilst I'm doing my job, knowing I have helped and ensured the customer walks away happy is a great feeling. – less
brilliant place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Bideford, ENGAugust 7, 2014
Pros: staff discount after 6 months
excellent place to work, everybody was nice and happy most the time and i wish i had never ended that cor rear.
Productive and fun work place
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 7, 2014
I am happy to work in Tesco last 2.6 yrs i m working here its a very good work place, and also i learn so many new thinks.
Amazing place to work
Compliance Legal Analyst (Former Employee), bangaloreAugust 6, 2014
If you paid well, the best place to be in.
I was unlucky my role went back to Uk.
very hard work place
Picker (Current Employee), Goole, ENGAugust 6, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: long hours, very heavy job
every day the same, just picking, I learned drive llop and fast work, The managements are OK but they have problem with pay money and pay for holiday

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more