Tesco

Tesco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun lively and enjoyable
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGNovember 14, 2014
Pros: everything progression wages bonus's staff management
Cons: you can get to comfy when there might be a better option for a career
I have to say Tesco was the only job that really grounded me, i thoroughly enjoyed my 3 years there and i would probably go back in the future, the management became friends we all had a great working relationship and there was always ways to progress in the company if you put the hours in and effort to learn the routines etc, the hardest part for me – more... was younger team leaders than myself there was sometimes a conflict in personalities but only because i have a older mentality a and i sometimes found them to be quite immature and irresponsible, i loved my clients i had repeat customers who shopped there just to come speak to me for their day i helped customers on a personal level inside and outside of work if they needed anyone in their life to help them through anything they could come to me for help and i would do to my best ability – less
MultiTaksing
Team Leader (Former Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 14, 2014
Process Transition and Process Stabilization, Team Handling and UAT
store worker and warehouse worker
Store worker (Former Employee), Navan, MHNovember 14, 2014
Pros: nice and friendly people
My job was to stack the shelves in the store and to organise the stock, stack the
Cages in the warehouse with products to display in the store, my other duties were to get rid
of all plastic and cardboard in the store and in the ware house and put those into the separate
compactors and to help the customers if they were looking for a certain product – more... and if they
had any queries. – less
A Great and safe place to work with a competitive salary and benefits.
Warehouse Team Manager (Current Employee), Southampton, ENGNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great salary and benefits for those with long service
Cons: different contracts and bonuses for staff doing the same job.
A typical day involves the scanning and assembling of product so that we can deliver it to our stores.

It can be a very fast paced and pressurized environment.I very much enjoy working with the great people at my Depot who enable me to have fun in the work place whilst delivering the KPI's and targets that are key for our customers shopping trip.

The – more... hardest part of the Job is managing the different contracts and bonuses for colleagues doing exactly the same job. (Dependent on service). New contracts have to work harder and have less breaks.
Agency can earn a productivity bonus however Company staff can not. – less
Productive and Friendly place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), PooleNovember 12, 2014
I loved my time at Tesco. Helping out customers was something that I really enjoyed
Fun workplace
Personal Shopper (Former Employee), NewportNovember 12, 2014
A typical day at work for me was to start my shift at 6am and i was given a Scanner and this told me what shopping i had to pick for the day by scanning a container.

I learned alot at tesco as it was a fast pased job in order to get customers orders picked on time and without the frozen foods defrosting.
Fun Workplace
Part Time Assistant (Former Employee), TewkesburyNovember 12, 2014
Part time assistant. Day consisted of stacking shelves and stock checks
Accounts Executive (Current Employee), BangloreNovember 11, 2014
Pros: nill
Cons: nill
Good team work
good management
fun at work
team bonding
co ordination
Very Productive and very good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Dagenham Oxlow LaneNovember 11, 2014
Pros: day go past very fast
Cons: hard work
start on time, at tesco's you learn everyday and its all within the teamwork also the hardest part is standing constantly for your shift even if you have to work overtime you can get breaks but its quite tiring.
Fantastic employment!
General Assistant (Groceries) (Former Employee), LeighNovember 11, 2014
Pros: seasoned parties (xmas, halloween)
Cons: management could do with more training in leadership.
Tesco is a good place to work, if you get the right manager, sadly our section did not which was grocery day shift. other than that the hours are flexible, you interact with many different people and it is not a stressful job.
Team is good,
Customer Delivery Assistant (Current Employee), Thurrock, ENGNovember 10, 2014
The team i work for are superb but the overall running of the department is very poor.
Could do better
Store Technician - Extras (Current Employee), Welwyn Garden City, ENGNovember 10, 2014
Cons: synergie between retail and maintenance is very hard
The job is varied, from joinery to plumbing to dealing with store management on a daily basis. The company is continually evolving and as a result can often appear to be bumbling from one change to another. Recently the structure has changed again - the 4th time in 4 years. However with every change it seems to start well and get better.
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), rickmansworthNovember 10, 2014
Working the tills and taking cash and card payments. Also restocking
Good experience
Stock control assistant (Former Employee), stockton-on-teesNovember 9, 2014
Stock taking and good team work great customer service and relationship building.
Good but not fun
Stock Replenishment Assistant (Former Employee), poolNovember 7, 2014
As i was working nightshifts it was a bit boring. Although i met some amazing colleges but some of the management wasn't great.
......
Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KANovember 7, 2014
The Tesco Hindustan Service Centre (HSC) is the Global Services Arm for Tesco. The centre sits at the heart of the Tesco group, and provides IT and Business services to Tesco operations across Europe, Asia and America. The centre is dedicated to making the Tesco experience better for its 15 million customers worldwide, simpler for its 400,000 employees, – more... and cheaper for the company. Tesco is the first major international retailer to have a fully-owned support centre in India. The centre designs, develops, tests, and manages some of Tesco's mission critical IT applications. Teams at Tesco HSC are also instrumental in paying our suppliers, maintaining the books of accounts and providing management reports to the Tesco senior management. Tesco was the first major international retailer to have a fully-owned shared services centre in India.
Tesco HSC provides multiple-geographical support from India to countries such as the UK, Ireland, Hungary, Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Turkey, Thailand, South Korea, Malaysia, China, Japan and the US.Tesco HSC is Tesco owned and run, and shares the company values and customer focus. – less
Great workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Peterborough, ENGNovember 7, 2014
Fun and friendly place to work. Staff were very friendly and always willing to help if a problem was to arise. Everyday was different, new faces, new products, new targets to meet. Meeting new customers and learning new things about the products made the job pleasureable. Made some good friends too from from my time there.
Decent place of work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), BristolNovember 6, 2014
The job is a great place to meet new people, who eventually become friends, especially if you live locally.
Most days are spent carrying out a mixture of tasks; on the tills, receiving deliveries and stock shelves. No surprises or different tasks, but then again it is Tesco.
The shifts are not too bad and the management are generally fine with shift – more... changes if you give them enough time to find someone to cover you. That being said, though, some of the bosses could not care less about the staff; staying in their office, ignoring you and yelling at you for not working even if you're trying to helping a customer.
The pay is also reasonable, around £6.70ph, for a part-time job.
The real worst is that for every four hours, you only receive 15 minutes break, unpaid, so it's up to you whether to skip a meal, or lose money. – less
productive an fun place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), hattersleyNovember 6, 2014
Pros: only worked 3 nights a week
Cons: long nights
restocked products for the next day of business and made sure store and warehouse were clean an tidy. The hardest part the job would of been the hours as i worked nights.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), BoltonNovember 6, 2014
Great co workers , a lovely bunch always there to help each other . management not as friendly

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more