Tesco

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very professional workplace
personal shopper (Current Employee), London, ENGJuly 14, 2014
Pros: cheap meals
Cons: long hours in the chiller
A typical day at work starts very early, co workers a great it is a fun and exciting work place. the hardest part of my job is waking up in the morning.
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Assistant/Goods In Clerk (Former Employee), Coventry, ENGJuly 14, 2014
A good level of fitness
Good teamwork skills
The ability to work quickly and well
The ability to complete paperwork and count stock items
Basic computer skills
An understanding of health and safety regulations
Honesty and reliability
A willingness to work on a flexible basis.
Taking delivery of goods and supplies
Checking for damaged or missing items
Storing – more... goods
Moving stock around by hand, using lifting gear or a forklift truck
Picking and packing orders
Loading goods for dispatch (some jobs include delivering)
Keeping records of stock
Keeping paperwork up to date
Cleaning work areas. – less
fun workplace
Skilled Tesco Tech Support Team Leader (Current Employee), Barrow-In-Furness, ENGJuly 14, 2014
i enjoyed my time at comet. i was young and learnt a lot from a great manager
good experience
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), exmouthJuly 13, 2014
Pros: good breaks good people friendly atmosphere good salary
Cons: long hours late shifts no hours hours cut
i enjoyed working for tesco good atmosphere and meet some lovely people.everyone is so nice,work well in a team they were never enough hours at tesco short shifts 3 hours shifts or even 12 hour shift that would be split into 3 hours shifts so they didnt have to give you a break.long days ,late hour shifts ,you always have to be flexible to do any shifts – more... even night shifts its were the hours are needed.
i gained excellent customer service skills working at tesco. – less
social and commercial
Various positions (Former Employee), Exmouth, ENGJuly 13, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, very sociable
Cons: repetitive, not very stimulating
For the time I worked for Tesco, it was a very social job, constant interaction with customers and very easy to get on with the other workers.
I only worked there for the period I was in education and they were very flexible with my needs as a student, giving me overtime and time off when needed.
productive and safe workplace
Stock Controller (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGJuly 12, 2014
Pros: possibility of career development and lots of overtime
Cons: the company prefer to employ is staffs part-time
Very good Company to work for.They really care of staffs development.
Productive and ever changing
Team Leader (Former Employee), Leighton BuzzardJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good rate of pay, left to get on with your job, discount and holidays
Cons: not enough hours !
I would say there is never a typical day at work , as the days can throw up many challenging jobs throughout the day .
I have learned to take each day as it comes as no two days are the same .
I prepared the weekly rotas ( a month in advance ) for my Manager , and dealt with most of the daily and weekly paperwork .
I had a team of 14 , with three departments – more... , customer service desk , cash office and trollies , ( also petrol filling station , when team leader on holiday ) .
I loved meeting and greeting customers and thrive on dealing with challenges .
The hardest part of the day is not having enough hours !! – less
fun and busy workplace.
Customer assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 11, 2014
i normally do a 8 hour shift, half on till and half restocking shelves. Best thing is i get to meet alot of customers each day and have the privilege of serving them and talking with them.
ab
Team leader (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTJuly 10, 2014
this was a role that i enjoyed and was with a company were job security is guarnatted
A convienient and fun part time job
General Assistant (Current Employee), HarlowJuly 10, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: no overtime
A typical day at work will be to run the self service tills and to provide customers with the help they need.
I have learned to communicate with customers a lot better than before i had this job.
The management has declined in quality over the past 3 years. When i first joined the company the management was excellent, however has become below stamdards – more... of recent times.
My colleagues are brilliant at work. A lot of nice people and hard working people , they are brilliant.
Running self service in peak hours is the hardest part of the day. Having to control 10 self service tills on your own is hard work however rewarding once the ques have gone down.
I like making the customers happy. Helping people that require help is my most favourite thing whilst at work. – less
All ways on the move
Team Leader (Current Employee), folkestoneJuly 9, 2014
Cons: dont get entittled break, shift pattern is all over the place, and too many tasks to do in little time.
on all shifts we work fresh, produce, bread and milk first thing, then we go straight onto working our grocery back stock or delivery. i also have routines in between like, reductions (finding products for todays date to reduced), potentials (finding tomorrows date to reduce), gap scan ( scanning every gap on the shop floor to send new stock in), and – more... till checks (to see if all tills balance from staff using the tills). during my shift i am always vigilant around the customers as we have quite a few theft incidents. – less
Good Company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), PewshamJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good pay
Tesco Express was my first job and i found they help me learn the different roles that i needed to know for day to day jobs that had to be done. They also made me feel very welcome and were always around to help me if i found i couldnt do a task to my fullest.
Tesco
Part Time customer assistant (Former Employee), ClevedonJuly 9, 2014
Pros: cheap food in cantene
Cons: they are not considerate when scheduling you hours.
To begin with tesco was an okay company to work for but after a while when you get settled in they will make you work hours that are not in your availability and then get angry at you for not being able to work these days.
easy job but unsocialable
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Chichester, ENGJuly 9, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: the freezers
very few hours and didnt really learn alot, immediate management was terrible, co-workers were fine. there was no hard part of the job. starting early to finish early.
Demanding working enviroment
Team Leader (Former Employee), Leighton BuzzardJuly 9, 2014
Pros: discount after 6 bmonths
Cons: demanding work
Once in work the first job was to check all areas were covered and if not move capable staff to areas in need of support.
I learned a variety of skills including scheduling,organising both time and team members to achieve set targets.
having management experience i was looked upon as one of the management team and shared my knowledge and skills with – more... others.
Physically demanding job involving a lot of lifting and walking.
Building relationships within and across teams. – less
Productive work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Dunstable, ENGJuly 8, 2014
Good pay, long shifts and flexible days to work, different people and transport provided
good
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Portsmouth, ENGJuly 8, 2014
Flexable with fitting around my homelife and whilst i'm studying. My colleagues are amazing people.
Customer service
Customer service (Former Employee), London (west croydon)July 8, 2014
My day to day task was to change the stock on the shelves and also my task was to unload the Tesco van.
This was an 2 week work experience from school
By working part time at Tesco’s I have gained precious skills, such as working in a team environment.
By doing work experience at Tesco's, I have the opportunity and ability to stand out, by taking the – more... initiative and performing tasks on my own, has really led me to enjoy this experience. – less
Friendly and supportive place to work.
General Assistant (Former Employee), LangportJuly 8, 2014
Generally my role in this job, was to ensure the shelves were stocked, products were available for customers, to make sure the shop floor is clean and safe and to help with any customers inquiries. During my time, I learnt and developed a lot of skills including my confidence, customer service and ability to work as a team. The store had a very friendly – more... atmosphere, and all my colleagues were friendly and easy to approach. – less
shelf replenishment
Shelf Replenishment (Former Employee), elyJuly 8, 2014
Till assistant/Night shift worker. Worked on the Deliveries such as fully loaded Tesco lorries and smaller milk and bread deliveries. Refilled the shelf’s where needed, Till assistant, Back door staff i.e. deliveries, waste disposal.

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more