Tesco

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Disorganised and intimidating
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee), OxfordJuly 24, 2014
Pros: time and a half on sundays and bank holidays
Cons: hectic environment with little support
Typical duties include serving customers on a checkout or monitoring the self serivce checkouts, ensuring every checkout has bags, returning unwanted items and answering customer queries.

I learned to work in a busy and hectic environment with little support.

The management on the whole were fairly disorganised and difficult to contact.

Co-workers – more... were occasionally helpful but were often fairly hostile and the environment felt very cliquey.

The hardest part of the job was trying to keep queues down as it was a very busy store that was often understaffed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with customers at the self service checkout. – less
tesco customer assistant
Customer Service assistant (Former Employee), Preston, ENGJuly 24, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: bad management at times
Decent place to work as long as you don't expect too much from them. Flexible and ok money but not really somewhere you would want to stay for a long time.
Work Place
General Assistant (Former Employee), Dingwall, Ross-ShireJuly 24, 2014
Pros: friendly collegues
Cons: long hours
Throughtout my 5 Years in this work place I have learnt skills that i use in everyday life. I was a general assistant with many duties that had to be completed before the end of the day. My management were very good, always helpful if you needed help with your work and my co-workers were more like friends than collegues. Everyday working life in Tesco – more... was overall easy but I worked nightshift hours 10pm-7am and that was diffcult because I studied during the day. – less
Christmas Temp
Check Out Assistant (Former Employee), Ipswich, ENGJuly 24, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: busy/long shifts
Work day serving customers and restocking shelves. the staff didnt really talk to each other, helping the customers find what shopping they couldn't find.
Assistant on clothing dep.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), ColchesterJuly 23, 2014
My day to day job at tesco involved manning the changing rooms as well as replenishing the stock on the shop floor. I also occasionally put away deliveries. I was multi skilled which involved me working on the checkouts if they needed support. I did enjoy my job there but due to being on the clothing dep I didn't deal with customers that frequently.
It's alright
Customer assistant in the dairy department (Current Employee), Inshes, InvernessJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good pay, very cheap meals and a good work enviroment
Cons: currently understaffed, can be stressful and some managers are a nightmare
Currently the Tesco that I work at is really good, it has a good work environment and there is always something to do so you will be bored, also the pay is very good for the work you do. I would recommend working for Tesco to everyone of all ages as Tesco has something for everyone. Unfortunately there are a few drawbacks for instance the some of the – more... managers do not pull their weight leaving you to talk to their friends that have entered the store for an hour at a time when ironically I got threatened of being fired when I finished all of my work and talked to a friend I had not seen in three years for only five minutes, some departments are also very understaffed which can cause frustration if you need to get your own work done but you get thrown onto another department to help them finish their job while your department is struggling badly, so Tesco in my mind is overall a good place to work even with it's drawbacks. I am in no way saying that all of Tesco's stores are like this just the one I work at I'm sure there are ones that are better and ones that are worse up and down the country this is just my view of the Tesco store I am currently working at. – less
Busy and fast paced
Team Leader/ Union Rep/ Health and Safety Rep (Current Employee), KentJuly 23, 2014
Day to day running of the shop includes making sure the legal labels are on the shelves before the shop opens, taking in delivery and making sure they are worked within a high standard e.g. rotation on the shelves, making sure all your routines are complete before you go home and just generally giving amazing shop standards and excellent customer service
A good place to work
Service Representative/Back office support (Current Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGJuly 22, 2014
Typical day at work involves dealing with customer query, back office support to different departments , team support when there is no manager's support.

I have learned how to deal and liaise with both internal and external shareholders. A good understanding of process analysis on projects and supports to projects.

Great team to work with respectable, – more... understanding and fun to work with.

Most enjoyable part of my job is been able to put to practice my skills and resolving customer queries and providing solutions. – less
Not what I expectred of this retail giant hence my desire to seek a new challenge.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Forest RowJuly 22, 2014
I wanted to experience the retail industry, gain experience and look for opportunities to progress and take on additional responsibilities. Tesco's is a Company undergoing enormous transition and, I have concluded, is not a company I wish to stay with hence my resumption of job searching.
Great place
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee), Alloa, SCTJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no cons
It is a great place to work with great hours. The staff are excellent.
Lack of hours.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Arbroath, SCTJuly 21, 2014
Due to lack of full time jobs available I am looking for a higher hour and more challenging job.
Very good, excellent place to work
HR Administration (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: family atmosphere
Cons: nil
Management of coworkers
cultural activities
lovely place to work
Great workplace and team
Pharmacist (Current Employee), tesco batleyJuly 21, 2014
General dealiing with patients and general public, communicating with other healthcare professionals and individuals of different cultures and conditions.

Great team to manage and train, good company to be part of.
Learnt how to evaluate different situations and try to reflect on ways to improve for future. Good training and support.

It can be a challenge – more... to deal with abusive/aggresive individuals especially when a medication sale is refused due to inappropriateness and those that are impatient during busy times in the pharmacy.
Meeting targets can be an issue when patients arent willing to sign up and use the services due to their busy lifestyles, which has an bigger consequence with management above.

Enjoy spending time with and going one step futher for my customers using my professional expertise by giving advice on medication, general health and wellbeing. – less
A strong hard work culture.
Delivery driver (Current Employee), Weston-super-Mare, ENGJuly 21, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: i often work 10 hours without a break.
My typical day at work is a 10 hour day (i also work 4 hour evening shifts). I have to work to very tight deadlines as we have 1 hour delivery slots. I feel i have developed good people skills at this job.

The managers are hard but fair, they are in a very competitive job.

I have good working relationships with my co-workers and am able to get along – more... with all of them.

The hardest part of my job is keeping to the delivery schedules as this is so often influenced by outside factors, such as road works.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting different people and indeed striking up a rapport with them. We deliver to alot of elderly people and it's nice to know that in some small way you've helped them out. – less
Active and fairly productive
Replenishment (Current Employee), Westcliff-on-seaJuly 20, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Cons: occasional lack of respect between workers
I do love communicating with some of my co-workers, and the customers, more times than not a good laugh is made. Very active job, always on the move, and fairly friendly.
The Counters at TESCO
Assistant in varied areas (Current Employee), CountersJuly 20, 2014
Pros: 10% store discount card
Cons: not enough staff
Working behind the Counters at TESCO is always fast paced at peak times. I need to be one step ahead at all times, with date checking a priority. We all work as a team serving on different counters if they are busy. My manager works along side me and is always there if I have any issues. Customer service is also one of my main priorities I greet them – more... with a 'Hello' and a smile. If a item isn't on display I will walk around to the main chiller and take it to the customer so they can get what they would like. The hardest part of the job is defiantly the workload its a lot for one person to mange, but if we all work together this can quickly be resolved. I find the most enjoyable part of my job is making customers happy and seeing them return each week. – less
nice friendly place
Cashier / General Store Assistant (Former Employee), rotherhamJuly 19, 2014
clock in have breast fast then go on to check out serve

help old ladies with shopping
Productive and good athmosphere
Warehouse operative (Current Employee), Goole, ENGJuly 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Very good managment with nice people, willingness to help and give advice.
fun workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), dundeeJuly 19, 2014
fantastic work environment and I thoroughly enjoyed working there.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), CrawleyJuly 18, 2014
JUST WORK EXPIERENCE, worked for 1 week, 9-5 and had a fun time and gave customers what they wanted or if they needed help

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more