Tesco Employee Reviews

at the start amazing however over the years declined
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 19, 2015
Long hours, not people focused. Team members unhappy. not recognizing team members that should be. no work life balance unless you did a general assistant job
Pros
working in the city
Cons
not a great enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, DApril 27, 2015
Customer orientated; put customer first, strive to maintain satisfaction and serve them with pride. Ability to answer questions in a prompt, polite and professional manner.
Help to ensure products and services are available for customers at all times.
Process incoming calls in a professional manner and relay messages.
Follows all company policies and processes, adhere to Health and Safety routines.
Supportes management and colleagues by helping in other departments, when needed.
Productive work place.
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
Busy typical day at work. Learnt about manufacturing and Great Plains software. Good management and fun place with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was year end inventory, staying long hours but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job and created more sense of team spirit within co-workers.
Busy fast paced work place
E-commerce logistics coordinator (Former Employee) –  scotlandFebruary 7, 2015
Most days would involve dealing with staff and customers giving clear guidelines for the day and communicating with all partys.
I learnt alot from the role i was in eg: how online logistics work with customer based focus.
The team i worked with were a great bunch.
Hardest part of the job would have to be when problems would come up, so dealing with said problems could be tricky at times.
Enjoyable part would be happy customer feedback.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
poor management
Fast working in a safety enviroiment
materials handler (Former Employee) –  HungaryFebruary 17, 2014
Performed manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing and delivering a variety of general goods
Secured cargo properly with weight evenly distributed; moved cargo carefully and safely within storage area
Pros
other benefits
Cons
travel long hours
Fun workplace
Checkout Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCTMay 30, 2013
Tesco was great place to work and it was very fun work place. But same time tesco provide best customer service and for it always keep their employees happy with competitive salary and other benefits.
Pros
salary which more compare to other supermarket in uk
Productive, learned new challenges
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2013
At Tesco for 6 years, working for 4 years in Accounts Payable and then was given an opportunity to move to another position as a Technical Writer. I learned to use Framemaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as learning Sharepoint 2010, on my own.
The hardest part of my job as a Technical Writer was the self learning I had to do, however I enjoyed that at the same time because I love to learn and research, given the time.
I was the volunteer coordinator for Meals on Wheels with Tesco, handling the scheduling and paperwork for Tesco's corporate responsibility of volunteering.
Fun place to work
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABSeptember 6, 2015
A Typical day at work is laid back. You come in do what you have to do and see if there is any other thing to do. When work was slow we were allowed to go home early and when it was busy we all put in the time.
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
not always busy
Profitable
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London ENSeptember 24, 2015
I was very busy and engaged, I worked in various different departments on several projects. I had the opportunity to lead and be creative, and take initiative on projects that taught others sales and marketing skills.
great team atmosphere
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 9, 2014
I started with organizing daily workload. Attended daily production meeting, and relayed all information back to the team in a summarized version. Removed all obstacles to allow the team to do their jobs easier. Interacted with all departments and management to ensure productivity levels and deadlines. Helped out with team production levels. Hardest part of the job was disciplining of the employees. The most enjoyable part of this job was achieving the goals together as a team.
Great place and great people
Mechanical Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2015
I loved working with this company in Calgary. They got everyone involved, was treated with kindness and respect. I was actually enjoyable to be there and looked forward to it everyday.
Pros
People, training, atmosphere
Cons
Average pay
Wasted time you will never get back out of your life
Power Tong Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 14, 2015
First off I will say, the job its self i'snt that bad except for being on call 24/7 but the money is great. The office staff/management are about the greasiest group of slime balls your going to meet. As im sure your going to read in the other reviews that people left, your co-workers are good people. As for the office/management side of this company, I have personally never worked for a worse company, the most incompetent, disorganised , unprofessional, dis-honest group I have ever met. Seriously a group of high school kids could run a the office better. Mainly im speaking about the Red Deer office, but Grand Prairie is just as bad if not worse. I'm writing this review in complete honesty , in hopes you will not waste your time apply for this company. Before i started i was warned by 3 previous people that worked there and i thought well it cant be bad, trust me its worse i was not prepared for what i was about to get myself into. Its time you'll never get back, your just going to quit sooner or later like everyone does that works there, the turn over rate is 6-12 months (again that is not because of the job) its because of management. There impossible to deal with/handle. Do your self a favour and run as fast as you can away from this company.
Pros
great pay
Cons
on call 24/7, management is incompetant, disorganised, dishonest, unprofessional, greasy, slime balls, a joke
Changes in Management
QHSES Coordinator Tubular Services/Top Drive (Former Employee) –  GP, Red Deer, Edmonton, Hinton, Fort NelsonMarch 27, 2015
I left this company due management changes occurring to frequently.
I have several different bosses in a short period of time.
Intelectually challenging
Senior Administration-Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJune 29, 2015
This was my first administrative position and I was very happy to be given the opportunity to learn and be in charge of my own hours and organization of my office and work flow. Everyone was friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Independant work
Cons
Not enough pay
Determined, skilled, highly disciplined, respectful and always enjoying the work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London UKFebruary 21, 2015
I tend to arrive to work early and prepare myself for the given tasks, prepare the workstation to ensure efficient and fast productivity; therefore braking away from social life and focus on the given tasks; co-workers tend to ask for help instead of regular 'chit-chat' the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things
Pros
always on time, respectful and can solve just about anything
Cons
need to finish task on time, double checking for errors, helping others in need, always helping a needing customer
construction
Owner (Former Employee) –  Blaine Lake, SKFebruary 3, 2015
It was my dads construction company I worked with him from the age of 12 helping him then progressed to all aspects of construction. framing, dry walling, painting, shingling roofs.
Pros
fun
Enjoyed the atmosphere
Underbalanced Drilling Well Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 7, 2015
Worked rotational out of the city in remote locations, while in the shop picked up welding and schematic reading along with general fabrication.
Pros
Freedom to learn on your own
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SKDecember 2, 2012
It is a good place to work as it allows for flexible working hours for students and encourages interaction with other co - workers aswell as customers where you learn about all new different cultures and personalities that can be put together.
Cons
can be bit repetitive at times
Good place to work, if your not stuck in the shop.
CDS Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2013
Tesco was a good company. Great if you are out in the field, not so good if you are stuck in the shop. Management isn't so great...bit of a bully, and very hipocritical !! Loved working in the field with the guys, great crew!!
Pros
good benefit package. good crew.
Cons
poor management
Challenging place to work
OOH - Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex ENGJanuary 2, 2013
Wage rate is good. unpaid long break is negative point.
challenging work place. You have got to work hard to achieve your targets.
Pros
wage rate
Cons
long break waste of time