Tesco Employee Reviews

good workplace to develop skills
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2016
good co-worker relationships, good pay, good immediate supervisors. Supervisors are very approachable with any questions and concerns.....team work is nurtured.
Pros
mentorship by leads
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D27 April 2015
Customer orientated; put customer first, strive to maintain satisfaction and serve them with pride. Ability to answer questions in a prompt, polite and professional manner.
Help to ensure products and services are available for customers at all times.
Process incoming calls in a professional manner and relay messages.
Follows all company policies and processes, adhere to Health and Safety routines.
Supportes management and colleagues by helping in other departments, when needed.
A great place to work and a true meritocracy.
Product Owner (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 February 2016
A great place to work and a true meritocracy. Due to the size of the company there are real opportunities to work with a diverse group of business functions. Co-workers are always able to help and there is a good hard working spirit.
Busy fast paced work place
E-commerce logistics coordinator (Former Employee) –  scotland7 February 2015
Most days would involve dealing with staff and customers giving clear guidelines for the day and communicating with all partys.
I learnt alot from the role i was in eg: how online logistics work with customer based focus.
The team i worked with were a great bunch.
Hardest part of the job would have to be when problems would come up, so dealing with said problems could be tricky at times.
Enjoyable part would be happy customer feedback.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Poor management
great team atmosphere
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 October 2014
I started with organizing daily workload. Attended daily production meeting, and relayed all information back to the team in a summarized version. Removed all obstacles to allow the team to do their jobs easier. Interacted with all departments and management to ensure productivity levels and deadlines. Helped out with team production levels. Hardest part of the job was disciplining of the employees. The most enjoyable part of this job was achieving the goals together as a team.
Customer Service Executive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  scotland14 December 2015
I am lucky to be a part of the TESCO which is the biggest retail chain of EUROPE for few years as i was a student at U.K and during that period of time i was working at TESCO.

It was the first job of my life so that i can never forget it and i must admit that all managers of TESCO were very supportive and with helping nature.

once again I would love to meet you guys.

Miss u a lot.
Great culture of people first, training, and quality.
Materials Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 October 2015
Great place to work. Training provided to entire staff. Excellent culture driven from top to bottom of organization. Focus of Lean and building quality reputation.
Great employer for my 13 year career
TOP DRIVE FIELD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Global, Asia Pacific, Europe, Russia1 February 2016
Having joint custody of my two children ages 13 and 11 has made me realize the importance of supporting local economy and being close to the things we love them most, health and family.
Pros
Excellent opportunities to advance
Cons
Away from family to travel for work locations
at the start amazing however over the years declined
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 August 2015
Long hours, not people focused. Team members unhappy. not recognizing team members that should be. no work life balance unless you did a general assistant job
Pros
working in the city
Cons
not a great enviroment
Good work environment
Journeyman Electrician - industrial/manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2016
great company to work for, good co-workers, very helpful and friendly, good work environment. Proud to be a part of the collective
Wasted time you will never get back out of your life
Power Tong Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 February 2015
First off I will say, the job its self i'snt that bad except for being on call 24/7 but the money is great. The office staff/management are about the greasiest group of slime balls your going to meet. As im sure your going to read in the other reviews that people left, your co-workers are good people. As for the office/management side of this company, I have personally never worked for a worse company, the most incompetent, disorganised , unprofessional, dis-honest group I have ever met. Seriously a group of high school kids could run a the office better. Mainly im speaking about the Red Deer office, but Grand Prairie is just as bad if not worse. I'm writing this review in complete honesty , in hopes you will not waste your time apply for this company. Before i started i was warned by 3 previous people that worked there and i thought well it cant be bad, trust me its worse i was not prepared for what i was about to get myself into. Its time you'll never get back, your just going to quit sooner or later like everyone does that works there, the turn over rate is 6-12 months (again that is not because of the job) its because of management. There impossible to deal with/handle. Do your self a favour and run as fast as you can away from this company.
Pros
great pay
Cons
on call 24/7, management is incompetant, disorganised, dishonest, unprofessional, greasy, slime balls, a joke
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SK2 December 2012
It is a good place to work as it allows for flexible working hours for students and encourages interaction with other co - workers aswell as customers where you learn about all new different cultures and personalities that can be put together.
Cons
can be bit repetitive at times
Challenging place to work
OOH - Grocery Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex ENG2 January 2013
Wage rate is good. unpaid long break is negative point.
challenging work place. You have got to work hard to achieve your targets.
Pros
wage rate
Cons
long break waste of time
Good place to work, if your not stuck in the shop.
CDS Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 May 2013
Tesco was a good company. Great if you are out in the field, not so good if you are stuck in the shop. Management isn't so great...bit of a bully, and very hipocritical !! Loved working in the field with the guys, great crew!!
Pros
Good benefit package. Good crew.
Cons
Poor management
Great job as Night worker
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Tralee, KY7 January 2016
- Always when I started work manager gived me instructions what must be done tonight,
- I learn how to work as teamwork and work fast but always stay focuse to.
productive friendly atmosphere
teamleader (Current Employee) –  pembroke dock south wales18 February 2013
2 a.m. start review what is on production planner for that day.begin production approx 3hours.we all work as part of a team,there are 9 of us all together .the hardest part of the job is long hours and the early starts.
Pros
shares in company
Cons
no overtime
Sold out to the Americans and then sold off potential future money making key assets.... Sad!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2014
I was given the creative freedom to achieve what was required while working Top Drives, Casing Running and Casing Drilling Downhole Tools. Travelling abroad with Tesco was great and well organized. The sad part is having peers who their only mission is to get a bonus at the end of the year at all costs. When you are the one working for it and they do nothing then openly tell you that several times to your face...
Pros
Given creative freedom to achieve the required work result.
Cons
Peers trying to take over your projects because of their lack of capabilities and competence
Determined, skilled, highly disciplined, respectful and always enjoying the work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London UK21 February 2015
I tend to arrive to work early and prepare myself for the given tasks, prepare the workstation to ensure efficient and fast productivity; therefore braking away from social life and focus on the given tasks; co-workers tend to ask for help instead of regular 'chit-chat' the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things
Pros
Always on time, Respectful and can solve just about anything
Cons
Need to finish task on time, double checking for errors, helping others in need, always helping a needing customer
Changes in Management
QHSES Coordinator Tubular Services/Top Drive (Former Employee) –  GP, Red Deer, Edmonton, Hinton, Fort Nelson27 March 2015
I left this company due management changes occurring to frequently.
I have several different bosses in a short period of time.
construction
Owner (Former Employee) –  Blaine Lake, SK3 February 2015
It was my dads construction company I worked with him from the age of 12 helping him then progressed to all aspects of construction. framing, dry walling, painting, shingling roofs.
Pros
fun