Tesco Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 September 2015
A Typical day at work is laid back. You come in do what you have to do and see if there is any other thing to do. When work was slow we were allowed to go home early and when it was busy we all put in the time.
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
not always busy
Great place and great people
Mechanical Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 August 2015
I loved working with this company in Calgary. They got everyone involved, was treated with kindness and respect. I was actually enjoyable to be there and looked forward to it everyday.
Pros
People, training, atmosphere
Cons
Average pay
at the start amazing however over the years declined
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 August 2015
Long hours, not people focused. Team members unhappy. not recognizing team members that should be. no work life balance unless you did a general assistant job
Pros
working in the city
Cons
not a great enviroment
Enjoyed the atmosphere
Underbalanced Drilling Well Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2015
Worked rotational out of the city in remote locations, while in the shop picked up welding and schematic reading along with general fabrication.
Pros
Freedom to learn on your own
Intelectually challenging
Senior Administration-Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB29 June 2015
This was my first administrative position and I was very happy to be given the opportunity to learn and be in charge of my own hours and organization of my office and work flow. Everyone was friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Independant work
Cons
Not enough pay
Stocking Shelves, Customer Service
Customer service and stocking shelves (Former Employee) –  ballina, mayo, Ireland1 June 2015
A typical day involved working in the stock rooms, stocking shelves, and helping customers with their queries.
I enjoyed seeing how a large establishment works.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D27 April 2015
Customer orientated; put customer first, strive to maintain satisfaction and serve them with pride. Ability to answer questions in a prompt, polite and professional manner.
Help to ensure products and services are available for customers at all times.
Process incoming calls in a professional manner and relay messages.
Follows all company policies and processes, adhere to Health and Safety routines.
Supportes management and colleagues by helping in other departments, when needed.
Changes in Management
QHSES Coordinator Tubular Services/Top Drive (Former Employee) –  GP, Red Deer, Edmonton, Hinton, Fort Nelson27 March 2015
I left this company due management changes occurring to frequently.
I have several different bosses in a short period of time.
Tesco
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2015
Went into work made sure all the pick tickets were printed off, receiving, shipping was set up for the day.. Did the safety meetings.
Determined, skilled, highly disciplined, respectful and always enjoying the work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London UK21 February 2015
I tend to arrive to work early and prepare myself for the given tasks, prepare the workstation to ensure efficient and fast productivity; therefore braking away from social life and focus on the given tasks; co-workers tend to ask for help instead of regular 'chit-chat' the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things
Pros
Always on time, Respectful and can solve just about anything
Cons
Need to finish task on time, double checking for errors, helping others in need, always helping a needing customer
Wasted time you will never get back out of your life
Power Tong Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 February 2015
First off I will say, the job its self i'snt that bad except for being on call 24/7 but the money is great. The office staff/management are about the greasiest group of slime balls your going to meet. As im sure your going to read in the other reviews that people left, your co-workers are good people. As for the office/management side of this company, I have personally never worked for a worse company, the most incompetent, disorganised , unprofessional, dis-honest group I have ever met. Seriously a group of high school kids could run a the office better. Mainly im speaking about the Red Deer office, but Grand Prairie is just as bad if not worse. I'm writing this review in complete honesty , in hopes you will not waste your time apply for this company. Before i started i was warned by 3 previous people that worked there and i thought well it cant be bad, trust me its worse i was not prepared for what i was about to get myself into. Its time you'll never get back, your just going to quit sooner or later like everyone does that works there, the turn over rate is 6-12 months (again that is not because of the job) its because of management. There impossible to deal with/handle. Do your self a favour and run as fast as you can away from this company.
Pros
great pay
Cons
on call 24/7, management is incompetant, disorganised, dishonest, unprofessional, greasy, slime balls, a joke
Busy fast paced work place
E-commerce logistics coordinator (Former Employee) –  scotland7 February 2015
Most days would involve dealing with staff and customers giving clear guidelines for the day and communicating with all partys.
I learnt alot from the role i was in eg: how online logistics work with customer based focus.
The team i worked with were a great bunch.
Hardest part of the job would have to be when problems would come up, so dealing with said problems could be tricky at times.
Enjoyable part would be happy customer feedback.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Poor management
construction
Owner (Former Employee) –  Blaine Lake, SK3 February 2015
It was my dads construction company I worked with him from the age of 12 helping him then progressed to all aspects of construction. framing, dry walling, painting, shingling roofs.
Pros
fun
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bury, ENG26 January 2015
Handling high volume of inbound calls and much more was a great experience.
great team atmosphere
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 October 2014
I started with organizing daily workload. Attended daily production meeting, and relayed all information back to the team in a summarized version. Removed all obstacles to allow the team to do their jobs easier. Interacted with all departments and management to ensure productivity levels and deadlines. Helped out with team production levels. Hardest part of the job was disciplining of the employees. The most enjoyable part of this job was achieving the goals together as a team.
Traveled a lot which was great.
Top Drive Technician - Rental Division (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB7 October 2014
Field work was nice and traveled outside Canada to U.S and Russia. Those experiences were great
Pros
Well looked after on a lot of things
Cons
Pay first and get reimbursed.
Good work balance and flexible hours
Service team leader (Former Employee) –  London UK25 May 2014
Managing co-workers at the front end of the store environment and making it a pleasant experience for customers.

Team work , problem solving skills, customer relationship management and communication skills.

Management were approachable

My co- workers support each other.

The hardest part of the job was working long hours

The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on customer's face and achieving sales target.
Pros
Good training, career development and free food
Cons
Sold out to the Americans and then sold off potential future money making key assets.... Sad!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2014
I was given the creative freedom to achieve what was required while working Top Drives, Casing Running and Casing Drilling Downhole Tools. Travelling abroad with Tesco was great and well organized. The sad part is having peers who their only mission is to get a bonus at the end of the year at all costs. When you are the one working for it and they do nothing then openly tell you that several times to your face...
Pros
Given creative freedom to achieve the required work result.
Cons
Peers trying to take over your projects because of their lack of capabilities and competence
Never a dull day at work
General Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta7 May 2014
Work at the office was never dull. The work was entertaining although the work environment was somewhat dull.
Overall good company, hard to keep managment, and office staff, everyone always changing position, quitting or getting fired.
Tonghand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 April 2014
Lackinging certain characteristics as a company, to big of a corporation attitude for what should be looked after as a small bussiness attitude, wheres as the employees are treatded more important, after all it really is the hands that make a Tong company.