Tesco

3.8K reviews

Tesco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wasted time you will never get back out of your life
Power Tong Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: on call 24/7, management is incompetant, disorganised, dishonest, unprofessional, greasy, slime balls, a joke
First off I will say, the job its self i'snt that bad except for being on call 24/7 but the money is great. The office staff/management are about the greasiest group of slime balls your going to meet. As im sure your going to read in the other reviews that people left, your co-workers are good people. As for the office/management side of this company, I have personally never worked for a worse company, the most incompetent, disorganised , unprofessional, dis-honest group I have ever met. Seriously a group of high school kids could run a the office better. Mainly im speaking about the Red Deer office, but Grand Prairie is just as bad if not worse. I'm writing this review in complete honesty , in hopes you will not waste your time apply for this company. Before i started i was warned by 3 previous people that worked there and i thought well it cant be bad, trust me its worse i was not prepared for what i was about to get myself into. Its time you'll never get back, your just going to quit sooner or later like everyone does that works there, the turn over rate is 6-12 months (again that is not because of the job) its because of management. There impossible to deal with/handle. Do your self a favour and run as fast as you can away from this company.
Excellent and safe work place.With team atmosphere.Forklift operation,shipping ,receiving
Shipper / Receiver/Lift Truck Operator/Inventory (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Lots of overtime, Trusting management with little supervision, Acknowledge accomplishments with awards and lunches, etc.
Cons: Sometimes to much demands repeatedly from different people.Other than that not much for cons.
Early AM(4:30-5:30) daily forklift and warehouse equipment maintenance and safety checks.Unlock yard gates.Inspect incoming
deliveries and freight for correct amount and damages from previous afternoon shift .Put away in inventory with gun.Unload incoming trucks and couriers,load products.Put away ln inventory or deliver to manufacturing.At shift barring overtime clean warehouse and plug in all electric lifts .Nice to work there,with little supervision .Management was very supportive and appreciating of my work and diligence .Safety was first concern which made a comfortable place to be employed .Priority shipments coming in or shipped out were about the only red tape due to constant badgering from salesmen or manufacturing.
Overall the management ,supervisors and coworkers were a pleasure to work with.
Sold out to the Americans and then sold off potential future money making key assets.... Sad!
Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2014
Pros: given creative freedom to achieve the required work result.
Cons: peers trying to take over your projects because of their lack of capabilities and competence
I was given the creative freedom to achieve what was required while working Top Drives, Casing Running and Casing Drilling Downhole Tools. Travelling abroad with Tesco was great and well organized. The sad part is having peers who their only mission is to get a bonus at the end of the year at all costs. When you are the one working for it and they do nothing then openly tell you that several times to your face...
Productive, learned new challenges
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2013
Cons: long hours
At Tesco for 6 years, working for 4 years in Accounts Payable and then was given an opportunity to move to another position as a Technical Writer. I learned to use Framemaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as learning Sharepoint 2010, on my own.
The hardest part of my job as a Technical Writer was the self learning I had to do, however I enjoyed that at the same time because I love to learn and research, given the time.
I was the volunteer coordinator for Meals on Wheels with Tesco, handling the scheduling and paperwork for Tesco's corporate responsibility of volunteering.
Determined, skilled, highly disciplined, respectful and always enjoying the work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London UKFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: always on time, respectful and can solve just about anything
Cons: need to finish task on time, double checking for errors, helping others in need, always helping a needing customer
I tend to arrive to work early and prepare myself for the given tasks, prepare the workstation to ensure efficient and fast productivity; therefore braking away from social life and focus on the given tasks; co-workers tend to ask for help instead of regular 'chit-chat' the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things
Good work balance and flexible hours
Service team leader (Former Employee), London UKMay 25, 2014
Pros: good training, career development and free food
Cons: long hours
Managing co-workers at the front end of the store environment and making it a pleasant experience for customers.

Team work , problem solving skills, customer relationship management and communication skills.

Management were approachable

My co- workers support each other.

The hardest part of the job was working long hours

The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on customer's face and achieving sales target.
Busy fast paced work place
E-commerce logistics coordinator (Former Employee), scotlandFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: staff discounts
Cons: poor management
Most days would involve dealing with staff and customers giving clear guidelines for the day and communicating with all partys.
I learnt alot from the role i was in eg: how online logistics work with customer based focus.
The team i worked with were a great bunch.
Hardest part of the job would have to be when problems would come up, so dealing with said problems could be tricky at times.
Enjoyable part would be happy customer feedback.
Great Company
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Skilled in all aspects of recording transactions, posting cash receipts, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
• Managed Accounts Receivable, monthly statements for clients, monthly reconciliation of sub ledger / general ledger, prepared bank deposits and cash receipts, monthly reporting to finance manager.
• Reconciled various G/L accounts, G/L entries, month end process.
Customer Service Executive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), scotlandDecember 14, 2015
I am lucky to be a part of the TESCO which is the biggest retail chain of EUROPE for few years as i was a student at U.K and during that period of time i was working at TESCO.

It was the first job of my life so that i can never forget it and i must admit that all managers of TESCO were very supportive and with helping nature.

once again I would love to meet you guys.

Miss u a lot.
Excellent place to work at
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: good pay, ability to work unsupervised
Cons: oil industry driven business
Loved working at Tesco- Unfortunately down-sizing due to the economy resulted in layoffs. Management always treated me well and gave me the freedom to accomplish my tasks relatively unsupervised which fit well with my prior experience of owning my own business
Overall good company, hard to keep managment, and office staff, everyone always changing position, quitting or getting fired.
Tonghand (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 12, 2014
Lackinging certain characteristics as a company, to big of a corporation attitude for what should be looked after as a small bussiness attitude, wheres as the employees are treatded more important, after all it really is the hands that make a Tong company.
Productive work place.
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
Busy typical day at work. Learnt about manufacturing and Great Plains software. Good management and fun place with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was year end inventory, staying long hours but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job and created more sense of team spirit within co-workers.
Great employer for my 13 year career
TOP DRIVE FIELD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Global, Asia Pacific, Europe, RussiaFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Excellent opportunities to advance
Cons: Away from family to travel for work locations
Having joint custody of my two children ages 13 and 11 has made me realize the importance of supporting local economy and being close to the things we love them most, health and family.
Intelectually challenging
Senior Administration-Health and Safety (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJune 29, 2015
Pros: Independant work
Cons: Not enough pay
This was my first administrative position and I was very happy to be given the opportunity to learn and be in charge of my own hours and organization of my office and work flow. Everyone was friendly and easy to work with.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SKDecember 2, 2012
Cons: can be bit repetitive at times
It is a good place to work as it allows for flexible working hours for students and encourages interaction with other co - workers aswell as customers where you learn about all new different cultures and personalities that can be put together.
Fun workplace
Checkout Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 30, 2013
Pros: salary which more compare to other supermarket in uk
Cons: no
Tesco was great place to work and it was very fun work place. But same time tesco provide best customer service and for it always keep their employees happy with competitive salary and other benefits.
productive friendly atmosphere
teamleader (Current Employee), pembroke dock south walesFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: shares in company
Cons: no overtime
2 a.m. start review what is on production planner for that day.begin production approx 3hours.we all work as part of a team,there are 9 of us all together .the hardest part of the job is long hours and the early starts.
Great place and great people
Mechanical Draftsperson (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2015
Pros: People, training, atmosphere
Cons: Average pay
I loved working with this company in Calgary. They got everyone involved, was treated with kindness and respect. I was actually enjoyable to be there and looked forward to it everyday.
Fun place to work
Lead Hand (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABSeptember 6, 2015
Pros: free accomodation
Cons: not always busy
A Typical day at work is laid back. You come in do what you have to do and see if there is any other thing to do. When work was slow we were allowed to go home early and when it was busy we all put in the time.
Enjoyed the atmosphere
Underbalanced Drilling Well Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Freedom to learn on your own
Cons: None
Worked rotational out of the city in remote locations, while in the shop picked up welding and schematic reading along with general fabrication.