Tesco Employee Reviews

Maintenance technician
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  SenicaSeptember 15, 2016
My responsibilities :
Repairing mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards, performing maintenance of electrical systems (controlling, testing, commissioning, repairing technical equipment). Assisting in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conducting repairs when necessary, maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality, inspecting alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed, performing manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.), and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.).
Supportive staff
Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 7, 2016
Very safety conscious environment. Start the day with a tour, tool box talks and any reports due. I was the only full time safety person for a staff of over 150 front to back. There was a lot of paperwork and that is where I had the chance to coach other staff to accept responsibility. When you are visible and listen to people you gain respect.
Pros
Put to work my experience.
Cons
Micro Manager.
work place with a challenging environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 9, 2016
I start the day with all previous day check up (sales/shrink/cash loss) and make sure store operation is 100 % with availability for customers to staff availability ... have a quick team briefing on where we are and what need to be done to achieve our targets, and make sure the team has the training and equipment to do there job.. learnt the art of management and respect co workers ... i take the one team approach and treat everyone fair and equal and enjoy everything in my job
Great Opportunity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMay 25, 2016
Great opportunity for anyone willing to put in a solid effort. Loads of global advancement and local advancement. Competitive wages and knowledgeable management to help with career advancements.
Pros
advancement
Cons
market downturns :(
sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  DublinJuly 17, 2016
I was very excited to see your vacancy for a Customer Service Representative. which I came to know through email from your company. I am a well qualified for this position. who would be an excellent choice for this slot.

I have an ability to grow with a job, handle responsibility and build positive relationships with work colleagues at all levels. My all past employers were very satisfied with my work rate, and I am confident that I can bring the same level of high performance to your company.

Beyond that which is already mentioned in my attached resume, I am someone who knows how to set goals and achieve them, and have a proven track record of being able to conceive, develop & execute strategies. I very much hope that you will look favourably upon my application by recognizing my enthusiasm, talents in the field of customer service representative and my future potential. I would like to further discuss the scope of this position, with your office in person, and would welcome the chance of a meeting. Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration.
Convenient work whilst completing my studies
Duty Manager (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NSMay 23, 2016
Flexible work to accommodated my busy study schedule. Great working environment. Everyone works together in a team to get the job done.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Shift work
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, UKFebruary 7, 2016
Good and fun work , nice team and a great management.
I learned a lot of things such time management, supporting my self,
work with my team, respect the others, solving the problems, also i learned how i deal with the customer and how to satisfied them with great work.
and how we fallow the law and the instruction. and how to do a good work.
Excellent place to work at
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Loved working at Tesco- Unfortunately down-sizing due to the economy resulted in layoffs. Management always treated me well and gave me the freedom to accomplish my tasks relatively unsupervised which fit well with my prior experience of owning my own business
Pros
good pay, ability to work unsupervised
Cons
oil industry driven business
Good installations
Senior Commissioning Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2016
Tesco is a great company the people over there are friendly ready to help and work strong to complete the company goals and the environment is good also
good workplace to develop skills
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 6, 2016
good co-worker relationships, good pay, good immediate supervisors. Supervisors are very approachable with any questions and concerns.....team work is nurtured.
Pros
mentorship by leads
Great employer for my 13 year career
TOP DRIVE FIELD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Global, Asia Pacific, Europe, RussiaFebruary 1, 2016
Having joint custody of my two children ages 13 and 11 has made me realize the importance of supporting local economy and being close to the things we love them most, health and family.
Pros
Excellent opportunities to advance
Cons
Away from family to travel for work locations
descent place
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 30, 2016
good place to work...too bad oil and gas went under, but I felt comfortable there...I would go back I liked working there
A great place to work and a true meritocracy.
Product Owner (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 17, 2016
A great place to work and a true meritocracy. Due to the size of the company there are real opportunities to work with a diverse group of business functions. Co-workers are always able to help and there is a good hard working spirit.
Customer Service Executive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  scotlandDecember 14, 2015
I am lucky to be a part of the TESCO which is the biggest retail chain of EUROPE for few years as i was a student at U.K and during that period of time i was working at TESCO.

It was the first job of my life so that i can never forget it and i must admit that all managers of TESCO were very supportive and with helping nature.

once again I would love to meet you guys.

Miss u a lot.
best place
Customer Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, ONMay 2, 2016
one of the leading food stores in world and brilliant place to work. with good pay and benefits which includes paid holidays.
Good work environment
Journeyman Electrician - industrial/manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2016
great company to work for, good co-workers, very helpful and friendly, good work environment. Proud to be a part of the collective
Great job as Night worker
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Tralee, KYJanuary 7, 2016
- Always when I started work manager gived me instructions what must be done tonight,
- I learn how to work as teamwork and work fast but always stay focuse to.
Great culture of people first, training, and quality.
Materials Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
Great place to work. Training provided to entire staff. Excellent culture driven from top to bottom of organization. Focus of Lean and building quality reputation.
Profitable
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London ENSeptember 24, 2015
I was very busy and engaged, I worked in various different departments on several projects. I had the opportunity to lead and be creative, and take initiative on projects that taught others sales and marketing skills.
Great place and great people
Mechanical Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2015
I loved working with this company in Calgary. They got everyone involved, was treated with kindness and respect. I was actually enjoyable to be there and looked forward to it everyday.
Pros
People, training, atmosphere
Cons
Average pay