Tesco
2,304 reviews

Tesco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Traveled a lot which was great.
Top Drive Technician - Rental Division (Former Employee), Leduc, ABOctober 7, 2014
Pros: well looked after on a lot of things
Cons: pay first and get reimbursed.
Field work was nice and traveled outside Canada to U.S and Russia. Those experiences were great
Good work balance and flexible hours
Service team leader (Former Employee), London UKMay 25, 2014
Pros: good training, career development and free food
Cons: long hours
Managing co-workers at the front end of the store environment and making it a pleasant experience for customers.

Team work , problem solving skills, customer relationship management and communication skills.

Management were approachable

My co- workers support each other.

The hardest part of the job was working long hours

The most enjoyable part – more... of the job was putting a smile on customer's face and achieving sales target. – less
Sold out to the Americans and then sold off potential future money making key assets.... Sad!
Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2014
Pros: given creative freedom to achieve the required work result.
Cons: peers trying to take over your projects because of their lack of capabilities and competence
I was given the creative freedom to achieve what was required while working Top Drives, Casing Running and Casing Drilling Downhole Tools. Travelling abroad with Tesco was great and well organized. The sad part is having peers who their only mission is to get a bonus at the end of the year at all costs. When you are the one working for it and they do – more... nothing then openly tell you that several times to your face... – less
Never a dull day at work
General Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 7, 2014
Work at the office was never dull. The work was entertaining although the work environment was somewhat dull.
Overall good company, hard to keep managment, and office staff, everyone always changing position, quitting or getting fired.
Tonghand (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 12, 2014
Lackinging certain characteristics as a company, to big of a corporation attitude for what should be looked after as a small bussiness attitude, wheres as the employees are treatded more important, after all it really is the hands that make a Tong company.
Great Company
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Skilled in all aspects of recording transactions, posting cash receipts, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
• Managed Accounts Receivable, monthly statements for clients, monthly reconciliation of sub ledger / general ledger, prepared bank deposits and cash receipts, monthly reporting to finance manager.
• Reconciled – more... various G/L accounts, G/L entries, month end process. – less
Fun workplace
Checkout Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 30, 2013
Pros: salary which more compare to other supermarket in uk
Cons: no
Tesco was great place to work and it was very fun work place. But same time tesco provide best customer service and for it always keep their employees happy with competitive salary and other benefits.
Good place to work, if your not stuck in the shop.
CDS Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2013
Pros: good benefit package. good crew.
Cons: poor management
Tesco was a good company. Great if you are out in the field, not so good if you are stuck in the shop. Management isn't so great...bit of a bully, and very hipocritical !! Loved working in the field with the guys, great crew!!
productive friendly atmosphere
teamleader (Current Employee), pembroke dock south walesFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: shares in company
Cons: no overtime
2 a.m. start review what is on production planner for that day.begin production approx 3hours.we all work as part of a team,there are 9 of us all together .the hardest part of the job is long hours and the early starts.
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 9, 2013
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Challenging place to work
OOH - Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Essex ENGJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: wage rate
Cons: long break waste of time
Wage rate is good. unpaid long break is negative point.
challenging work place. You have got to work hard to achieve your targets.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SKDecember 2, 2012
Cons: can be bit repetitive at times
It is a good place to work as it allows for flexible working hours for students and encourages interaction with other co - workers aswell as customers where you learn about all new different cultures and personalities that can be put together.
Productive work place.
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
Busy typical day at work. Learnt about manufacturing and Great Plains software. Good management and fun place with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was year end inventory, staying long hours but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job and created more sense of team spirit within co-workers.
Great equipment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 28, 2012
Great Equipment
Great People but trying to grow too fast
Good company to work for
Customer Assistant ( Part time temporary) (Former Employee), LeedsDecember 19, 2014
I enjoyed working for the company. dealing with difficult customers were probably the most difficult part and the most enjoyable part was the been around nice people.
An excellent place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee), ENGDecember 19, 2014
Culture at Tesco is great.
Colleagues are down to earth people, driven to find the best for the customer to create value in all the possible ways.
Flexibility and excellent work/life balance
I love working for Tesco. Its fun and productive
Cashier-Part Time (Current Employee), LondonDecember 19, 2014
Pros: 10% discount of shopping and meeting lovely people
Cons: late shift
A typical day starts at 7pm in the evening and finishes at 11pm. My duty is to scan and pack the customers first shopping bag in a timely and efficient manner and receive the payment for their shopping. I tend to go the extra mile every time and usually pack all bags most of the time.

Working at Tesco is rewarding. I get to meet different people from – more... different walks of life every day. Due to my friendly personality I get on very well with customers and colleagues alike. I am able to serve customers efficiently, pack their bags, whilst holding a conversation with them at the same time. I do not find any aspect of my job hard. What I learn every day from my customers is to be kind, loving and patient and be willing to listen to them.

I am valued by the customers because I give them time. I listen to their problems and advice them where I can. I receive such praise from them it makes every day worth while.

My management team appreciates the work I do for the store and has given me a number of awards for this. – less
Good progress
Store Manager (Current Employee), Chelmsford, ENGDecember 19, 2014
I have worked for Tesco's for 10 years and in that time worked my way up from a CA to a Store Manager, learning many skills along the way.
Principal Engineer (Current Employee), BangaloreDecember 17, 2014
in-depth IT Experience with technical and organizational skills that balance work, team support and ad-hoc responsibilities in a timely and professional manner. Possessing excellent management skills and having the ability to work with the minimum of supervision whilst leading a team of twelve or more. Having a proven ability to lead by example, consistently – more... shown top performance, improve best practices and organise time efficiently. – less
Tesco
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), StourbridgeDecember 16, 2014
Customer Service Assistant – working a night shift

• Serving customers working on the checkout
• Stacking shelves/Stock rotation
• Providing excellent customer service
• Working within a team
• Cash handling
• Adhering to health & safety procedures
• General cleaning

1 2 3 4 5

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more