Tesco
1,598 reviews

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall good company, hard to keep managment, and office staff, everyone always changing position, quitting or getting fired.
Tonghand (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 12, 2014
Lackinging certain characteristics as a company, to big of a corporation attitude for what should be looked after as a small bussiness attitude, wheres as the employees are treatded more important, after all it really is the hands that make a Tong company.
Learning experience, Different cultures
ANALYST/ FINANCE EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free transport
Cons: work life balance
Got the opportunity to get hands on with budgets, variance analysis, coordinating with Directors in UK. Travelled to UK on work.
Productive and developing job.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Hexham , UKJune 18, 2013
Cons: unpaid overtime
A typical day in work well actually that was night I was working night shifts only so was very hard work. Most of my job depended on the shelf stocking and supervising my co-workers . Of course the main point was helping customers at night is quite a lot of them. I learn how to talk with the customers and find a good connections between them , and what – more... they want. The hardest part of the job was working at night, because you just don't have personal life. Is may sounds strange but in stressful situation I was calm and I was trying to sort the problems and I like that a lot. – less
Great Company
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Skilled in all aspects of recording transactions, posting cash receipts, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
• Managed Accounts Receivable, monthly statements for clients, monthly reconciliation of sub ledger / general ledger, prepared bank deposits and cash receipts, monthly reporting to finance manager.
• Reconciled – more... various G/L accounts, G/L entries, month end process. – less
Fun workplace
Checkout Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 30, 2013
Pros: salary which more compare to other supermarket in uk
Cons: no
Tesco was great place to work and it was very fun work place. But same time tesco provide best customer service and for it always keep their employees happy with competitive salary and other benefits.
Good place to work, if your not stuck in the shop.
CDS Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2013
Pros: good benefit package. good crew.
Cons: poor management
Tesco was a good company. Great if you are out in the field, not so good if you are stuck in the shop. Management isn't so great...bit of a bully, and very hipocritical !! Loved working in the field with the guys, great crew!!
productive friendly atmosphere
teamleader (Current Employee), pembroke dock south walesFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: shares in company
Cons: no overtime
2 a.m. start review what is on production planner for that day.begin production approx 3hours.we all work as part of a team,there are 9 of us all together .the hardest part of the job is long hours and the early starts.
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 9, 2013
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Challenging place to work
OOH - Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Essex ENGJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: wage rate
Cons: long break waste of time
Wage rate is good. unpaid long break is negative point.
challenging work place. You have got to work hard to achieve your targets.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SKDecember 2, 2012
Cons: can be bit repetitive at times
It is a good place to work as it allows for flexible working hours for students and encourages interaction with other co - workers aswell as customers where you learn about all new different cultures and personalities that can be put together.
Productive work place.
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
Busy typical day at work. Learnt about manufacturing and Great Plains software. Good management and fun place with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was year end inventory, staying long hours but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job and created more sense of team spirit within co-workers.
Great equipment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 28, 2012
Great Equipment
Great People but trying to grow too fast
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
BUSINESS DEVELOPER - ONLINE GROCERY & TECHNOLOGY (Current Employee), London, ENGApril 17, 2014
TESCO IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK.

I HAVE LEARNED AN EXCELLENT TEAM WORK WITH AN EXTRAORDINARY MANAGEMENT SPIRIT , ALWAYS RESULT ORIENTED.
I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF THIS TEAM , AND ALSO REALLY PROUD OF WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED TOGETHER DURING THE LAST 5 YEARS TO BUILD A BETTER TESCO FOR OUR CUSTOMERS.
AFTER THIS EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCE GAINED,I AM ACTUALLY – more... LOOKING FOR A NEW ROLE WITHIN ANOTHER ORGANISATION IN ORDER TO SHARE MY PASSION OF HARD WORK, INTEGRITY AND VALUES . – less
Interim Category Buying Manager (Current Employee), Procurement ConsultantApril 17, 2014
Market dominant Supermarket, working environment not what you would expect - very Not pressured, team targets and teams working together to deliver plans.
My first retail job
Provisions Assistant (Former Employee), Orpington, ENGApril 17, 2014
This was my first main retail position and I enjoyed dealing with the public and serving customers.
casual
Retail Assistant (Current Employee), leedsApril 16, 2014
Pros: staff discount, meeting new people
Cons: salary
A typical day for me would be to ensure that our customers are getting the best service and quality of products they can get. I have learnt a lot about meat products which Tesco sell as i am a meat expert there. The mangement are helpful and supportive. My co-workers are easy and fun to get on with. Most enjoyabe part of the job is trying to find ways – more... to make your department money by putting your ideas into place. I have learned how to communicate better with people as i have to chat to customers on a daily basis. – less
Productive and challenging
Team Leader (Current Employee), Weston super MareApril 16, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: long hours, working evenings/weekends
My typical day at work is managing staff and being in control of the shop. I've learnt how to manage time and plan ahead for my days.

The hardest part of my job is being able to manage my team and be in control of all aspects of the store. It can be a real challenge to be in control especially on weekends and bank holidays.

The most enjoyable part – more... of my job is the flexibility of shifts and working in a fun and enjoyable with my colleagues. Although the job can be very stressful, working with people who have similar interests and a similar sense of humour and who can make you laugh make the shifts go quicker and makes the job more enjoyable. – less
A good company to work for
Bakery / Cash Tills / Packing (Current Employee), Theydon Bois, ENGApril 16, 2014
Pros: staff discounts
Cons: hours being cut
Tesco is a good company to work for however I am looking for something with more stability and a job where I know exactly what salary I am going to be getting each month, I get paid an hourly rate and my shifts are always changing and I am being told that I will be working less hours, I need to support my family therefore I need stability.
Meet many different people but is hard work
General Assistant (Current Employee), KentApril 15, 2014
Typical day will help to make customers happy by providing them with the best service. I learnt about how the company works in respect of reaching target and how to talk and approach customers.
very hard work
Nights Shelf Restocker (Former Employee), Poole, ENGApril 15, 2014
Pros: discount card
Cons: unsuitable hours
Start at 8pm finish at5am. Restocking shelves all night, very hard work. Management didn't really have much input with us. Learnt to work as a team and people skills. My co-workers workers very nice but groups did form making it abit clicky,bad for gossiping. Being left to work with initiative was nice.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more