Tesco Employee Reviews in Canada

sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  DublinJuly 17, 2016
I was very excited to see your vacancy for a Customer Service Representative. which I came to know through email from your company. I am a well qualified for this position. who would be an excellent choice for this slot.

I have an ability to grow with a job, handle responsibility and build positive relationships with work colleagues at all levels. My all past employers were very satisfied with my work rate, and I am confident that I can bring the same level of high performance to your company.

Beyond that which is already mentioned in my attached resume, I am someone who knows how to set goals and achieve them, and have a proven track record of being able to conceive, develop & execute strategies. I very much hope that you will look favourably upon my application by recognizing my enthusiasm, talents in the field of customer service representative and my future potential. I would like to further discuss the scope of this position, with your office in person, and would welcome the chance of a meeting. Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration.
work place with a challenging environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 9, 2016
I start the day with all previous day check up (sales/shrink/cash loss) and make sure store operation is 100 % with availability for customers to staff availability ... have a quick team briefing on where we are and what need to be done to achieve our targets, and make sure the team has the training and equipment to do there job.. learnt the art of management and respect co workers ... i take the one team approach and treat everyone fair and equal and enjoy everything in my job
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, UKFebruary 7, 2016
Good and fun work , nice team and a great management.
I learned a lot of things such time management, supporting my self,
work with my team, respect the others, solving the problems, also i learned how i deal with the customer and how to satisfied them with great work.
and how we fallow the law and the instruction. and how to do a good work.
Great Opportunity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMay 25, 2016
Great opportunity for anyone willing to put in a solid effort. Loads of global advancement and local advancement. Competitive wages and knowledgeable management to help with career advancements.
Pros
advancement
Cons
market downturns :(
Excellent place to work at
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Loved working at Tesco- Unfortunately down-sizing due to the economy resulted in layoffs. Management always treated me well and gave me the freedom to accomplish my tasks relatively unsupervised which fit well with my prior experience of owning my own business
Pros
good pay, ability to work unsupervised
Cons
oil industry driven business
Convenient work whilst completing my studies
Duty Manager (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NSMay 23, 2016
Flexible work to accommodated my busy study schedule. Great working environment. Everyone works together in a team to get the job done.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Shift work
descent place
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 30, 2016
good place to work...too bad oil and gas went under, but I felt comfortable there...I would go back I liked working there
Good installations
Senior Commissioning Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2016
Tesco is a great company the people over there are friendly ready to help and work strong to complete the company goals and the environment is good also
good workplace to develop skills
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 6, 2016
good co-worker relationships, good pay, good immediate supervisors. Supervisors are very approachable with any questions and concerns.....team work is nurtured.
Pros
mentorship by leads
best place
Customer Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, ONMay 2, 2016
one of the leading food stores in world and brilliant place to work. with good pay and benefits which includes paid holidays.
A great place to work and a true meritocracy.
Product Owner (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 17, 2016
A great place to work and a true meritocracy. Due to the size of the company there are real opportunities to work with a diverse group of business functions. Co-workers are always able to help and there is a good hard working spirit.
Great employer for my 13 year career
TOP DRIVE FIELD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Global, Asia Pacific, Europe, RussiaFebruary 1, 2016
Having joint custody of my two children ages 13 and 11 has made me realize the importance of supporting local economy and being close to the things we love them most, health and family.
Pros
Excellent opportunities to advance
Cons
Away from family to travel for work locations
Customer Service Executive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  scotlandDecember 14, 2015
I am lucky to be a part of the TESCO which is the biggest retail chain of EUROPE for few years as i was a student at U.K and during that period of time i was working at TESCO.

It was the first job of my life so that i can never forget it and i must admit that all managers of TESCO were very supportive and with helping nature.

once again I would love to meet you guys.

Miss u a lot.
Excellent and safe work place.With team atmosphere.Forklift operation,shipping ,receiving
Shipper / Receiver/Lift Truck Operator/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Early AM(4:30-5:30) daily forklift and warehouse equipment maintenance and safety checks.Unlock yard gates.Inspect incoming
deliveries and freight for correct amount and damages from previous afternoon shift .Put away in inventory with gun.Unload incoming trucks and couriers,load products.Put away ln inventory or deliver to manufacturing.At shift barring overtime clean warehouse and plug in all electric lifts .Nice to work there,with little supervision .Management was very supportive and appreciating of my work and diligence .Safety was first concern which made a comfortable place to be employed .Priority shipments coming in or shipped out were about the only red tape due to constant badgering from salesmen or manufacturing.
Overall the management ,supervisors and coworkers were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Lots of overtime, Trusting management with little supervision, Acknowledge accomplishments with awards and lunches, etc.
Cons
Sometimes to much demands repeatedly from different people.Other than that not much for cons.
Good work environment
Journeyman Electrician - industrial/manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2016
great company to work for, good co-workers, very helpful and friendly, good work environment. Proud to be a part of the collective
Fast working in a safety enviroiment
materials handler (Former Employee) –  HungaryFebruary 17, 2014
Performed manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing and delivering a variety of general goods
Secured cargo properly with weight evenly distributed; moved cargo carefully and safely within storage area
Pros
other benefits
Cons
travel long hours
Great job as Night worker
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Tralee, KYJanuary 7, 2016
- Always when I started work manager gived me instructions what must be done tonight,
- I learn how to work as teamwork and work fast but always stay focuse to.
Fun workplace
Checkout Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCTMay 30, 2013
Tesco was great place to work and it was very fun work place. But same time tesco provide best customer service and for it always keep their employees happy with competitive salary and other benefits.
Pros
salary which more compare to other supermarket in uk
Cons
Good work balance and flexible hours
Service team leader (Former Employee) –  London UKMay 25, 2014
Managing co-workers at the front end of the store environment and making it a pleasant experience for customers.

Team work , problem solving skills, customer relationship management and communication skills.

Management were approachable

My co- workers support each other.

The hardest part of the job was working long hours

The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on customer's face and achieving sales target.
Pros
good training, career development and free food
Cons
at the start amazing however over the years declined
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 19, 2015
Long hours, not people focused. Team members unhappy. not recognizing team members that should be. no work life balance unless you did a general assistant job
Pros
working in the city
Cons
not a great enviroment