Tesco
2,069 reviews

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work balance and flexible hours
Service team leader (Former Employee), London UKMay 25, 2014
Pros: good training, career development and free food
Cons: long hours
Managing co-workers at the front end of the store environment and making it a pleasant experience for customers.

Team work , problem solving skills, customer relationship management and communication skills.

Management were approachable

My co- workers support each other.

The hardest part of the job was working long hours

The most enjoyable part – more... of the job was putting a smile on customer's face and achieving sales target. – less
Sold out to the Americans and then sold off potential future money making key assets.... Sad!
Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2014
Pros: given creative freedom to achieve the required work result.
Cons: peers trying to take over your projects because of their lack of capabilities and competence
I was given the creative freedom to achieve what was required while working Top Drives, Casing Running and Casing Drilling Downhole Tools. Travelling abroad with Tesco was great and well organized. The sad part is having peers who their only mission is to get a bonus at the end of the year at all costs. When you are the one working for it and they do – more... nothing then openly tell you that several times to your face... – less
Never a dull day at work
General Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 7, 2014
Work at the office was never dull. The work was entertaining although the work environment was somewhat dull.
Overall good company, hard to keep managment, and office staff, everyone always changing position, quitting or getting fired.
Tonghand (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 12, 2014
Lackinging certain characteristics as a company, to big of a corporation attitude for what should be looked after as a small bussiness attitude, wheres as the employees are treatded more important, after all it really is the hands that make a Tong company.
Great Company
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Skilled in all aspects of recording transactions, posting cash receipts, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
• Managed Accounts Receivable, monthly statements for clients, monthly reconciliation of sub ledger / general ledger, prepared bank deposits and cash receipts, monthly reporting to finance manager.
• Reconciled – more... various G/L accounts, G/L entries, month end process. – less
Fun workplace
Checkout Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 30, 2013
Pros: salary which more compare to other supermarket in uk
Cons: no
Tesco was great place to work and it was very fun work place. But same time tesco provide best customer service and for it always keep their employees happy with competitive salary and other benefits.
Good place to work, if your not stuck in the shop.
CDS Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2013
Pros: good benefit package. good crew.
Cons: poor management
Tesco was a good company. Great if you are out in the field, not so good if you are stuck in the shop. Management isn't so great...bit of a bully, and very hipocritical !! Loved working in the field with the guys, great crew!!
productive friendly atmosphere
teamleader (Current Employee), pembroke dock south walesFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: shares in company
Cons: no overtime
2 a.m. start review what is on production planner for that day.begin production approx 3hours.we all work as part of a team,there are 9 of us all together .the hardest part of the job is long hours and the early starts.
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 9, 2013
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Challenging place to work
OOH - Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Essex ENGJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: wage rate
Cons: long break waste of time
Wage rate is good. unpaid long break is negative point.
challenging work place. You have got to work hard to achieve your targets.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SKDecember 2, 2012
Cons: can be bit repetitive at times
It is a good place to work as it allows for flexible working hours for students and encourages interaction with other co - workers aswell as customers where you learn about all new different cultures and personalities that can be put together.
Productive work place.
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
Busy typical day at work. Learnt about manufacturing and Great Plains software. Good management and fun place with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was year end inventory, staying long hours but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job and created more sense of team spirit within co-workers.
Great equipment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 28, 2012
Great Equipment
Great People but trying to grow too fast
Easy, non-intensive and relaxed workplace but not suitable for a career
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Blandford ForumSeptember 17, 2014
Tesco offers competitive salaries and a mostly friendly workplace interacting with customers which is fairly satisfying, and the work is not intensive nor reliant on individual skill sets meaning anyone can excel.

Unfortunately I did not feel valued in the least as a member of staff and my personal interests and preferences were not considered in regards – more... to working hours. The management team were inefficient and on occasion outright rude, frequently giving out preferential treatment and looking down upon other staff.

With the exception of managers, I found my fellow staff easy to get along with and very friendly, and the job was enjoyable while dealing with customers on the shop floor. During quieter periods I often found myself without tasks but no part of the job was inherently difficult. – less
productive fun day
Customer assistant (Current Employee), tauntonSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: long hours
Tesco is a great place to work.
Friendly staff
Great work benefits
treated equal
opinions listened to
not a good employer
part time stock replenisher (Former Employee), Aldershot, ENGSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: working conditions
I was not happy there as the management were restrictive and did not listen to their workers
Excellent employers
Receptionist Telephonist, Admin (Former Employee), Southend, ENGSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: friendly company, look after their staff.
Checkout.
Reception/Administration.
Stock replenishment.
Fun place to work
Team leader (Former Employee), Warrington, ENGSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: staff discount
I enjoyed working for tesco,managment never made me feel below them and where always willing to teach menew things.I was trained wearhouse manager leavel,stock controle manger so when tose managers where on leave I could fill on thier departments if needed.the most enjoyable part of my job was the different people I got to met on a daily basis.
Enjoyable
Stock Controller (Former Employee), manchesterSeptember 15, 2014
My time at tesco was fun and enjoyable, and overall I had a great experience and met some fantastic people.
Very busy environment. Delivery the best customer service
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee), Sandhurst, BerkshireSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: cheap canteen but i rarely ate there as i only had a 15 minute break
Cons: working till midnight in the week up to christmas. it was very tiring.
As I had 2 young children when I started at Tesco in May 2002 the only hours I could do to fit around our family life was to work 6pm-10pm for 4 evenings a week.
I am a people friendly person and managed to deal with most customers but as with every job you do come across some difficult situations which you have to deal with at the time.
It was mostly – more... working mums who were on my shift and we all got on fine.
The most enjoyable part of the job was people who came up to my till week after week and you got to know them. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more