Tesco
2,080 reviews

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work balance and flexible hours
Service team leader (Former Employee), London UKMay 25, 2014
Pros: good training, career development and free food
Cons: long hours
Managing co-workers at the front end of the store environment and making it a pleasant experience for customers.

Team work , problem solving skills, customer relationship management and communication skills.

Management were approachable

My co- workers support each other.

The hardest part of the job was working long hours

The most enjoyable part – more... of the job was putting a smile on customer's face and achieving sales target. – less
Sold out to the Americans and then sold off potential future money making key assets.... Sad!
Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2014
Pros: given creative freedom to achieve the required work result.
Cons: peers trying to take over your projects because of their lack of capabilities and competence
I was given the creative freedom to achieve what was required while working Top Drives, Casing Running and Casing Drilling Downhole Tools. Travelling abroad with Tesco was great and well organized. The sad part is having peers who their only mission is to get a bonus at the end of the year at all costs. When you are the one working for it and they do – more... nothing then openly tell you that several times to your face... – less
Never a dull day at work
General Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 7, 2014
Work at the office was never dull. The work was entertaining although the work environment was somewhat dull.
Overall good company, hard to keep managment, and office staff, everyone always changing position, quitting or getting fired.
Tonghand (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 12, 2014
Lackinging certain characteristics as a company, to big of a corporation attitude for what should be looked after as a small bussiness attitude, wheres as the employees are treatded more important, after all it really is the hands that make a Tong company.
Great Company
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Skilled in all aspects of recording transactions, posting cash receipts, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
• Managed Accounts Receivable, monthly statements for clients, monthly reconciliation of sub ledger / general ledger, prepared bank deposits and cash receipts, monthly reporting to finance manager.
• Reconciled – more... various G/L accounts, G/L entries, month end process. – less
Fun workplace
Checkout Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 30, 2013
Pros: salary which more compare to other supermarket in uk
Cons: no
Tesco was great place to work and it was very fun work place. But same time tesco provide best customer service and for it always keep their employees happy with competitive salary and other benefits.
Good place to work, if your not stuck in the shop.
CDS Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2013
Pros: good benefit package. good crew.
Cons: poor management
Tesco was a good company. Great if you are out in the field, not so good if you are stuck in the shop. Management isn't so great...bit of a bully, and very hipocritical !! Loved working in the field with the guys, great crew!!
Productive, learned new challenges
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2013
Cons: long hours
At Tesco for 6 years, working for 4 years in Accounts Payable and then was given an opportunity to move to another position as a Technical Writer. I learned to use Framemaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as learning Sharepoint 2010, on my own.
The hardest part of my job as a Technical Writer was the self learning I had to do, however I enjoyed that – more... at the same time because I love to learn and research, given the time.
I was the volunteer coordinator for Meals on Wheels with Tesco, handling the scheduling and paperwork for Tesco's corporate responsibility of volunteering. – less
productive friendly atmosphere
teamleader (Current Employee), pembroke dock south walesFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: shares in company
Cons: no overtime
2 a.m. start review what is on production planner for that day.begin production approx 3hours.we all work as part of a team,there are 9 of us all together .the hardest part of the job is long hours and the early starts.
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 9, 2013
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Challenging place to work
OOH - Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Essex ENGJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: wage rate
Cons: long break waste of time
Wage rate is good. unpaid long break is negative point.
challenging work place. You have got to work hard to achieve your targets.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SKDecember 2, 2012
Cons: can be bit repetitive at times
It is a good place to work as it allows for flexible working hours for students and encourages interaction with other co - workers aswell as customers where you learn about all new different cultures and personalities that can be put together.
Productive work place.
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
Busy typical day at work. Learnt about manufacturing and Great Plains software. Good management and fun place with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was year end inventory, staying long hours but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job and created more sense of team spirit within co-workers.
Great equipment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 28, 2012
Great Equipment
Great People but trying to grow too fast
Good career opportunities
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Hemel Hempstead, ENGSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: short staffed, long hours, no support.
Busy environment, always something to do, every day is different and jobs vary on a daily basis. Learned communication skills, good customer service, product information, learned to be a good team player and work as an individual. Managers can be unhelpful at times, and don't support their employees. Co-workers all get along and most are supportive. – more... Hardest part of the job is running 4 counters between 2 of us as we are short staffed and management won't employ any more people. Enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction, knowing that I have helped someone get what they desire and I will go out of my way to do things for customers just so I get the desired results. – less
Very good
team member (Former Employee), Stevenage, ENGSeptember 19, 2014
Night replenishment team, stock rotation was my job throughout the night, the hardest part of the job was getting used too working nights.
can be a good place to work
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Chesterfield, ENGSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: simple work load
Cons: bad management
there are too many managers per section,
hardest part of working at tesco is the customers some can be quite nasty and abusive some are ok and others are good the most annoying part is one manager will tell you to do one job and then a different manager will tell you to do something else but you get that anywhere,

the only problem is the communication – more... between management, nights and days needs to be considerably improved – less
Intense enjoyable learning experience.
Technical Services Specialist (Former Employee), Welwyn Garden CitySeptember 19, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours, great people.
Cons: constraints of a retail business.
Working in a tightly knit team of Service Managers at Tesco I found challenging work which was often enjoyable and productive. The people were supportive of each other and willing to stretch to achieve the best. I learned a huge amount in three years with Tesco. About technology, business, professional interaction and how to have fun.
Productive place to work with nice people
Analyst ( Forecasting Internship on Msc Project) (Former Employee), Cheshunt, ENGSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: culture, co-workers
Cons: long hours
Starting at 9 am all the department was gathered for the usual update and then everyone did his job. Really helpful environment with co-workers ready to assist you when you need help. During my time at Tesco's I have learned to use SQL from Tesco's Analysts Guide because of the amount and the nature of data that needed to be extracted and manipulated. – more... The hardest part of the job was to transform the data in a suitable form to be utilised in the forecasting model I had built and the time constraints given the amount of tasks that needed to be completed in 10 weeks time. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was a challenging job keeping me intrested for all the period I have been working there. Also every week there was a meeting with the supervisor regarding the progress of the project and preparation of weekly reports regarding the progress of the scheduled milestones. – less
Customer assistant
Customer assistant (Former Employee), creweSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: management
Good pay

Very poor management. So up their own backside they don't even care about if you have other things going on outside of work that you need time off for. E. G - hospital. All they care about is that you do as many hours as you can for them.

The checkouts weren't so bad. There was always plenty of overtime on there. Every other department is – more... a joke. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more