Tesco
1,591 reviews

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall good company, hard to keep managment, and office staff, everyone always changing position, quitting or getting fired.
Tonghand (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 12, 2014
Lackinging certain characteristics as a company, to big of a corporation attitude for what should be looked after as a small bussiness attitude, wheres as the employees are treatded more important, after all it really is the hands that make a Tong company.
Learning experience, Different cultures
ANALYST/ FINANCE EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free transport
Cons: work life balance
Got the opportunity to get hands on with budgets, variance analysis, coordinating with Directors in UK. Travelled to UK on work.
Productive and developing job.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Hexham , UKJune 18, 2013
Cons: unpaid overtime
A typical day in work well actually that was night I was working night shifts only so was very hard work. Most of my job depended on the shelf stocking and supervising my co-workers . Of course the main point was helping customers at night is quite a lot of them. I learn how to talk with the customers and find a good connections between them , and what – more... they want. The hardest part of the job was working at night, because you just don't have personal life. Is may sounds strange but in stressful situation I was calm and I was trying to sort the problems and I like that a lot. – less
Great Company
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Skilled in all aspects of recording transactions, posting cash receipts, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
• Managed Accounts Receivable, monthly statements for clients, monthly reconciliation of sub ledger / general ledger, prepared bank deposits and cash receipts, monthly reporting to finance manager.
• Reconciled – more... various G/L accounts, G/L entries, month end process. – less
Fun workplace
Checkout Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 30, 2013
Pros: salary which more compare to other supermarket in uk
Cons: no
Tesco was great place to work and it was very fun work place. But same time tesco provide best customer service and for it always keep their employees happy with competitive salary and other benefits.
Good place to work, if your not stuck in the shop.
CDS Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2013
Pros: good benefit package. good crew.
Cons: poor management
Tesco was a good company. Great if you are out in the field, not so good if you are stuck in the shop. Management isn't so great...bit of a bully, and very hipocritical !! Loved working in the field with the guys, great crew!!
Productive, learned new challenges
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2013
Cons: long hours
At Tesco for 6 years, working for 4 years in Accounts Payable and then was given an opportunity to move to another position as a Technical Writer. I learned to use Framemaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as learning Sharepoint 2010, on my own.
The hardest part of my job as a Technical Writer was the self learning I had to do, however I enjoyed that – more... at the same time because I love to learn and research, given the time.
I was the volunteer coordinator for Meals on Wheels with Tesco, handling the scheduling and paperwork for Tesco's corporate responsibility of volunteering. – less
productive friendly atmosphere
teamleader (Current Employee), pembroke dock south walesFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: shares in company
Cons: no overtime
2 a.m. start review what is on production planner for that day.begin production approx 3hours.we all work as part of a team,there are 9 of us all together .the hardest part of the job is long hours and the early starts.
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 9, 2013
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Challenging place to work
OOH - Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Essex ENGJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: wage rate
Cons: long break waste of time
Wage rate is good. unpaid long break is negative point.
challenging work place. You have got to work hard to achieve your targets.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SKDecember 2, 2012
Cons: can be bit repetitive at times
It is a good place to work as it allows for flexible working hours for students and encourages interaction with other co - workers aswell as customers where you learn about all new different cultures and personalities that can be put together.
Productive work place.
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
Busy typical day at work. Learnt about manufacturing and Great Plains software. Good management and fun place with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was year end inventory, staying long hours but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job and created more sense of team spirit within co-workers.
Great equipment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 28, 2012
Great Equipment
Great People but trying to grow too fast
Meet many different people but is hard work
General Assistant (Current Employee), KentApril 15, 2014
Typical day will help to make customers happy by providing them with the best service. I learnt about how the company works in respect of reaching target and how to talk and approach customers.
very hard work
Nights Shelf Restocker (Former Employee), Poole, ENGApril 15, 2014
Pros: discount card
Cons: unsuitable hours
Start at 8pm finish at5am. Restocking shelves all night, very hard work. Management didn't really have much input with us. Learnt to work as a team and people skills. My co-workers workers very nice but groups did form making it abit clicky,bad for gossiping. Being left to work with initiative was nice.
Quite a Robotic work Environment
Service Assistant (Current Employee), Dublin, DApril 14, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: incompetent management team
I would class my job in Tesco as average as I do not have any aspirations to go further within the company hence I only see my association with the company as a part time job.

However I do believe I have obtained key skills and knowledge that will benefit me in the future such as being at operational level with the organisation's customers.
Very good employer
Manager (Current Employee), Cheshunt, ENGApril 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: progression
great team spirit and great place to work.................................
Good work environment fun at work
Officer - Contact Centre (Former Employee), TESCOApril 13, 2014
Pros: fun activities and team outings
TESCO was a good place especially work atmosphere there was nobody to keep reminding us to do our everybody knew what thed had to do and it was completed by the end of the day
Especially the team i worked for was amazing the unity and the bonding that the team had was fantastic

TESCO was a great place to work as it was one of the biggest retailers – more... in the UK – less
Productive and good place to work
Store Deputy Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGApril 13, 2014
Pros: disciplined
Cons: long hours
Tesco is multinational company. As a work place it is very good company as when we work we get confidence and we have got positive advancement. In Tesco we enjoy and we feel proud of working there. Only there is one thing that sometimes we have to work very long hours to achieve targets and to maintain standards but at the end of the day they are good – more... for career and progression. – less
Stock Replenishment
Beer, wines and spirits, Frozen & Warehouse (Former Employee), Grimsby, ENGApril 12, 2014
Very enjoyable but would love to be involved in a design based job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more