Tesco Employee Reviews in Canada

work place with a challenging environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 9, 2016
I start the day with all previous day check up (sales/shrink/cash loss) and make sure store operation is 100 % with availability for customers to staff availability ... have a quick team briefing on where we are and what need to be done to achieve our targets, and make sure the team has the training and equipment to do there job.. learnt the art of management and respect co workers ... i take the one team approach and treat everyone fair and equal and enjoy everything in my job
Great Opportunity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMay 25, 2016
Great opportunity for anyone willing to put in a solid effort. Loads of global advancement and local advancement. Competitive wages and knowledgeable management to help with career advancements.
Pros
advancement
Cons
market downturns :(
sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  DublinJuly 17, 2016
I was very excited to see your vacancy for a Customer Service Representative. which I came to know through email from your company. I am a well qualified for this position. who would be an excellent choice for this slot.

I have an ability to grow with a job, handle responsibility and build positive relationships with work colleagues at all levels. My all past employers were very satisfied with my work rate, and I am confident that I can bring the same level of high performance to your company.

Beyond that which is already mentioned in my attached resume, I am someone who knows how to set goals and achieve them, and have a proven track record of being able to conceive, develop & execute strategies. I very much hope that you will look favourably upon my application by recognizing my enthusiasm, talents in the field of customer service representative and my future potential. I would like to further discuss the scope of this position, with your office in person, and would welcome the chance of a meeting. Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration.
Excellent place to work at
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Loved working at Tesco- Unfortunately down-sizing due to the economy resulted in layoffs. Management always treated me well and gave me the freedom to accomplish my tasks relatively unsupervised which fit well with my prior experience of owning my own business
Pros
good pay, ability to work unsupervised
Cons
oil industry driven business
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, UKFebruary 7, 2016
Good and fun work , nice team and a great management.
I learned a lot of things such time management, supporting my self,
work with my team, respect the others, solving the problems, also i learned how i deal with the customer and how to satisfied them with great work.
and how we fallow the law and the instruction. and how to do a good work.
Convenient work whilst completing my studies
Duty Manager (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NSMay 23, 2016
Flexible work to accommodated my busy study schedule. Great working environment. Everyone works together in a team to get the job done.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Shift work
Great employer for my 13 year career
TOP DRIVE FIELD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Global, Asia Pacific, Europe, RussiaFebruary 1, 2016
Having joint custody of my two children ages 13 and 11 has made me realize the importance of supporting local economy and being close to the things we love them most, health and family.
Pros
Excellent opportunities to advance
Cons
Away from family to travel for work locations
good workplace to develop skills
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 6, 2016
good co-worker relationships, good pay, good immediate supervisors. Supervisors are very approachable with any questions and concerns.....team work is nurtured.
Pros
mentorship by leads
Good installations
Senior Commissioning Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2016
Tesco is a great company the people over there are friendly ready to help and work strong to complete the company goals and the environment is good also
A great place to work and a true meritocracy.
Product Owner (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 17, 2016
A great place to work and a true meritocracy. Due to the size of the company there are real opportunities to work with a diverse group of business functions. Co-workers are always able to help and there is a good hard working spirit.
Customer Service Executive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  scotlandDecember 14, 2015
I am lucky to be a part of the TESCO which is the biggest retail chain of EUROPE for few years as i was a student at U.K and during that period of time i was working at TESCO.

It was the first job of my life so that i can never forget it and i must admit that all managers of TESCO were very supportive and with helping nature.

once again I would love to meet you guys.

Miss u a lot.
best place
Customer Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, ONMay 2, 2016
one of the leading food stores in world and brilliant place to work. with good pay and benefits which includes paid holidays.
Good work environment
Journeyman Electrician - industrial/manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2016
great company to work for, good co-workers, very helpful and friendly, good work environment. Proud to be a part of the collective
Great job as Night worker
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Tralee, KYJanuary 7, 2016
- Always when I started work manager gived me instructions what must be done tonight,
- I learn how to work as teamwork and work fast but always stay focuse to.
Great culture of people first, training, and quality.
Materials Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
Great place to work. Training provided to entire staff. Excellent culture driven from top to bottom of organization. Focus of Lean and building quality reputation.
Profitable
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London ENSeptember 24, 2015
I was very busy and engaged, I worked in various different departments on several projects. I had the opportunity to lead and be creative, and take initiative on projects that taught others sales and marketing skills.
Great place and great people
Mechanical Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2015
I loved working with this company in Calgary. They got everyone involved, was treated with kindness and respect. I was actually enjoyable to be there and looked forward to it everyday.
Pros
People, training, atmosphere
Cons
Average pay
at the start amazing however over the years declined
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 19, 2015
Long hours, not people focused. Team members unhappy. not recognizing team members that should be. no work life balance unless you did a general assistant job
Pros
working in the city
Cons
not a great enviroment
Fun place to work
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABSeptember 6, 2015
A Typical day at work is laid back. You come in do what you have to do and see if there is any other thing to do. When work was slow we were allowed to go home early and when it was busy we all put in the time.
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
not always busy
Intelectually challenging
Senior Administration-Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJune 29, 2015
This was my first administrative position and I was very happy to be given the opportunity to learn and be in charge of my own hours and organization of my office and work flow. Everyone was friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Independant work
Cons
Not enough pay