Tesco
1,930 reviews

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable place to work, but not challenging enough
General, Hardware & Bakery Assistant (Former Employee), Dublin, IrelandJuly 16, 2014
Varies from day to day: Customer care and service, stock count, hardware duties, cash handling, day to security checks.
Good work balance and flexible hours
Service team leader (Former Employee), London UKMay 25, 2014
Pros: good training, career development and free food
Cons: long hours
Managing co-workers at the front end of the store environment and making it a pleasant experience for customers.

Team work , problem solving skills, customer relationship management and communication skills.

Management were approachable

My co- workers support each other.

The hardest part of the job was working long hours

The most enjoyable part – more... of the job was putting a smile on customer's face and achieving sales target. – less
Sold out to the Americans and then sold off potential future money making key assets.... Sad!
Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2014
Pros: given creative freedom to achieve the required work result.
Cons: peers trying to take over your projects because of their lack of capabilities and competence
I was given the creative freedom to achieve what was required while working Top Drives, Casing Running and Casing Drilling Downhole Tools. Travelling abroad with Tesco was great and well organized. The sad part is having peers who their only mission is to get a bonus at the end of the year at all costs. When you are the one working for it and they do – more... nothing then openly tell you that several times to your face... – less
Never a dull day at work
General Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 7, 2014
Work at the office was never dull. The work was entertaining although the work environment was somewhat dull.
Overall good company, hard to keep managment, and office staff, everyone always changing position, quitting or getting fired.
Tonghand (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 12, 2014
Lackinging certain characteristics as a company, to big of a corporation attitude for what should be looked after as a small bussiness attitude, wheres as the employees are treatded more important, after all it really is the hands that make a Tong company.
Learning experience, Different cultures
ANALYST/ FINANCE EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free transport
Cons: work life balance
Got the opportunity to get hands on with budgets, variance analysis, coordinating with Directors in UK. Travelled to UK on work.
Productive and developing job.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Hexham , UKJune 18, 2013
Cons: unpaid overtime
A typical day in work well actually that was night I was working night shifts only so was very hard work. Most of my job depended on the shelf stocking and supervising my co-workers . Of course the main point was helping customers at night is quite a lot of them. I learn how to talk with the customers and find a good connections between them , and what – more... they want. The hardest part of the job was working at night, because you just don't have personal life. Is may sounds strange but in stressful situation I was calm and I was trying to sort the problems and I like that a lot. – less
Great Company
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Skilled in all aspects of recording transactions, posting cash receipts, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
• Managed Accounts Receivable, monthly statements for clients, monthly reconciliation of sub ledger / general ledger, prepared bank deposits and cash receipts, monthly reporting to finance manager.
• Reconciled – more... various G/L accounts, G/L entries, month end process. – less
Fun workplace
Checkout Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 30, 2013
Pros: salary which more compare to other supermarket in uk
Cons: no
Tesco was great place to work and it was very fun work place. But same time tesco provide best customer service and for it always keep their employees happy with competitive salary and other benefits.
Good place to work, if your not stuck in the shop.
CDS Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2013
Pros: good benefit package. good crew.
Cons: poor management
Tesco was a good company. Great if you are out in the field, not so good if you are stuck in the shop. Management isn't so great...bit of a bully, and very hipocritical !! Loved working in the field with the guys, great crew!!
Productive, learned new challenges
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2013
Cons: long hours
At Tesco for 6 years, working for 4 years in Accounts Payable and then was given an opportunity to move to another position as a Technical Writer. I learned to use Framemaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as learning Sharepoint 2010, on my own.
The hardest part of my job as a Technical Writer was the self learning I had to do, however I enjoyed that – more... at the same time because I love to learn and research, given the time.
I was the volunteer coordinator for Meals on Wheels with Tesco, handling the scheduling and paperwork for Tesco's corporate responsibility of volunteering. – less
productive friendly atmosphere
teamleader (Current Employee), pembroke dock south walesFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: shares in company
Cons: no overtime
2 a.m. start review what is on production planner for that day.begin production approx 3hours.we all work as part of a team,there are 9 of us all together .the hardest part of the job is long hours and the early starts.
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 9, 2013
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Challenging place to work
OOH - Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Essex ENGJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: wage rate
Cons: long break waste of time
Wage rate is good. unpaid long break is negative point.
challenging work place. You have got to work hard to achieve your targets.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SKDecember 2, 2012
Cons: can be bit repetitive at times
It is a good place to work as it allows for flexible working hours for students and encourages interaction with other co - workers aswell as customers where you learn about all new different cultures and personalities that can be put together.
Productive work place.
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
Busy typical day at work. Learnt about manufacturing and Great Plains software. Good management and fun place with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was year end inventory, staying long hours but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job and created more sense of team spirit within co-workers.
Great equipment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 28, 2012
Great Equipment
Great People but trying to grow too fast
Alot of pressure
Line Manager (Current Employee), Woodford GreenJuly 29, 2014
Cons: long hours
As a manager there is growing pressure and each year the work load becomes increased while staffing levels decrease
Good workplace
General Operative (Former Employee), Newport, WLSJuly 29, 2014
Tesco's was a good place to work. I was able to advance with in the company starting off picking and loading and eventually working in the communication room.
Good
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Westcliff, ENGJuly 28, 2014
Fairly good job if you was looking for some part time work. I learnt about customer service and was regularly serving customers on the till.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more