Tesco
1,604 reviews

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall good company, hard to keep managment, and office staff, everyone always changing position, quitting or getting fired.
Tonghand (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 12, 2014
Lackinging certain characteristics as a company, to big of a corporation attitude for what should be looked after as a small bussiness attitude, wheres as the employees are treatded more important, after all it really is the hands that make a Tong company.
Learning experience, Different cultures
ANALYST/ FINANCE EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free transport
Cons: work life balance
Got the opportunity to get hands on with budgets, variance analysis, coordinating with Directors in UK. Travelled to UK on work.
Great Company
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Skilled in all aspects of recording transactions, posting cash receipts, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
• Managed Accounts Receivable, monthly statements for clients, monthly reconciliation of sub ledger / general ledger, prepared bank deposits and cash receipts, monthly reporting to finance manager.
• Reconciled – more... various G/L accounts, G/L entries, month end process. – less
Fun workplace
Checkout Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 30, 2013
Pros: salary which more compare to other supermarket in uk
Cons: no
Tesco was great place to work and it was very fun work place. But same time tesco provide best customer service and for it always keep their employees happy with competitive salary and other benefits.
Good place to work, if your not stuck in the shop.
CDS Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2013
Pros: good benefit package. good crew.
Cons: poor management
Tesco was a good company. Great if you are out in the field, not so good if you are stuck in the shop. Management isn't so great...bit of a bully, and very hipocritical !! Loved working in the field with the guys, great crew!!
Productive, learned new challenges
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2013
Cons: long hours
At Tesco for 6 years, working for 4 years in Accounts Payable and then was given an opportunity to move to another position as a Technical Writer. I learned to use Framemaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as learning Sharepoint 2010, on my own.
The hardest part of my job as a Technical Writer was the self learning I had to do, however I enjoyed that – more... at the same time because I love to learn and research, given the time.
I was the volunteer coordinator for Meals on Wheels with Tesco, handling the scheduling and paperwork for Tesco's corporate responsibility of volunteering. – less
productive friendly atmosphere
teamleader (Current Employee), pembroke dock south walesFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: shares in company
Cons: no overtime
2 a.m. start review what is on production planner for that day.begin production approx 3hours.we all work as part of a team,there are 9 of us all together .the hardest part of the job is long hours and the early starts.
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 9, 2013
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Challenging place to work
OOH - Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Essex ENGJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: wage rate
Cons: long break waste of time
Wage rate is good. unpaid long break is negative point.
challenging work place. You have got to work hard to achieve your targets.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SKDecember 2, 2012
Cons: can be bit repetitive at times
It is a good place to work as it allows for flexible working hours for students and encourages interaction with other co - workers aswell as customers where you learn about all new different cultures and personalities that can be put together.
Productive work place.
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
Busy typical day at work. Learnt about manufacturing and Great Plains software. Good management and fun place with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was year end inventory, staying long hours but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job and created more sense of team spirit within co-workers.
Great equipment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 28, 2012
Great Equipment
Great People but trying to grow too fast
nice environment
2 weeks work experience (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 18, 2014
My short time working in tesco was a nice experience because i was able to learn new skills, work with others and follow instructions. by doing this, it motivated me.
rewarding .
Counter Assistant (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGApril 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches and plenty of paid holidays
Cons: only 1 hour per day.
Working on fish/meat counter.helping on deli and hot deli.communicating with customers.advising on ways to cook products.sorting stock.managing waste.cleaning counter and prep area.quality control of products.
Enjoyed my time there but would like a new challenge
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee), Ferndown, ENGApril 18, 2014
Pros: 10% staff discount, paid holidays, some great people
Cons: need more of a challenge, part time contract
I have enjoyed working for Tesco and I feel that I have met some great people and learnt a lot from working there.
I started in 2009 at the age of 17 on the Customer service department. This was my first job and it definitely built my confidence.
Working in retail, particularly in a supermarket means you experience a great cross section of people and – more... I feel it's because of this I can give great customer service.
I have not only worked on the Pharmacy and the customer service desk I am also trained on the clothing department, the deli counter the petrol filling station and the checkouts and each department has taught me a lot.
As much as I have enjoyed working for the company and there is opportunity to progress to management level at Tesco I feel like I need a new challenge. I have only worked for the one company and I would like to try something different with the opportunity to work my way up. I am also currently only part time and I require full time hours. – less
a great place to work
Programme Director (Current Employee), Shnaghai ChinaApril 17, 2014
Always arrive to office early, catch up on mail and social then spend the day coaching and mentoring people
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
BUSINESS DEVELOPER - ONLINE GROCERY & TECHNOLOGY (Current Employee), London, ENGApril 17, 2014
TESCO IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK.

I HAVE LEARNED AN EXCELLENT TEAM WORK WITH AN EXTRAORDINARY MANAGEMENT SPIRIT , ALWAYS RESULT ORIENTED.
I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF THIS TEAM , AND ALSO REALLY PROUD OF WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED TOGETHER DURING THE LAST 5 YEARS TO BUILD A BETTER TESCO FOR OUR CUSTOMERS.
AFTER THIS EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCE GAINED,I AM ACTUALLY – more... LOOKING FOR A NEW ROLE WITHIN ANOTHER ORGANISATION IN ORDER TO SHARE MY PASSION OF HARD WORK, INTEGRITY AND VALUES . – less
Interim Category Buying Manager (Current Employee), Procurement ConsultantApril 17, 2014
Market dominant Supermarket, working environment not what you would expect - very Not pressured, team targets and teams working together to deliver plans.
bakery assistant
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee), Queensferry, SCTApril 17, 2014
Pros: good team
baked pastries, decorated pastries, then packaged them for customers. I enjoyed my time working within Tesco and got the opportunities to learn how to bake and decorate cakes.
My first retail job
Provisions Assistant (Former Employee), Orpington, ENGApril 17, 2014
This was my first main retail position and I enjoyed dealing with the public and serving customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more