Tesco Employee Reviews

Maintenance technician
Maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Senica15 September 2016
My responsibilities :
Repairing mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards, performing maintenance of electrical systems (controlling, testing, commissioning, repairing technical equipment). Assisting in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conducting repairs when necessary, maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality, inspecting alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed, performing manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.), and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.).
best place
Customer Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, ON2 May 2016
one of the leading food stores in world and brilliant place to work. with good pay and benefits which includes paid holidays.
Slack management, slack staff
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Penzance UK31 October 2016
lazy, useless managers who will do above and beyond so they dont have to lift a finger

day revolved of coming in at night, filling the shelves of alcohol, sorting out weekly promotions
working on till, serving customer, checking stock
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  york tesco3 March 2017
its a superb grocery retailer company, fabilious enviroment, team working, right person in right place, overall its a very best company in all aspects
Cons
8 hours shift
Great Opportunity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary25 May 2016
Great opportunity for anyone willing to put in a solid effort. Loads of global advancement and local advancement. Competitive wages and knowledgeable management to help with career advancements.
Pros
advancement
Cons
market downturns :(
ok place
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 January 2017
bad managment they need to get things together and learn how to run things and they need to understand that people need days off
sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 July 2016
I was very excited to see your vacancy for a Customer Service Representative. which I came to know through email from your company. I am a well qualified for this position. who would be an excellent choice for this slot.

I have an ability to grow with a job, handle responsibility and build positive relationships with work colleagues at all levels. My all past employers were very satisfied with my work rate, and I am confident that I can bring the same level of high performance to your company.

Beyond that which is already mentioned in my attached resume, I am someone who knows how to set goals and achieve them, and have a proven track record of being able to conceive, develop & execute strategies. I very much hope that you will look favourably upon my application by recognizing my enthusiasm, talents in the field of customer service representative and my future potential. I would like to further discuss the scope of this position, with your office in person, and would welcome the chance of a meeting. Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration.
Supportive staff
Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2016
Very safety conscious environment. Start the day with a tour, tool box talks and any reports due. I was the only full time safety person for a staff of over 150 front to back. There was a lot of paperwork and that is where I had the chance to coach other staff to accept responsibility. When you are visible and listen to people you gain respect.
Pros
Put to work my experience.
Cons
Micro Manager.
work place with a challenging environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London9 May 2016
I start the day with all previous day check up (sales/shrink/cash loss) and make sure store operation is 100 % with availability for customers to staff availability ... have a quick team briefing on where we are and what need to be done to achieve our targets, and make sure the team has the training and equipment to do there job.. learnt the art of management and respect co workers ... i take the one team approach and treat everyone fair and equal and enjoy everything in my job
descent place
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2016
good place to work...too bad oil and gas went under, but I felt comfortable there...I would go back I liked working there
Fast working in a safety enviroiment
materials handler (Former Employee) –  Hungary17 February 2014
Performed manual and clerical duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, storing, issuing and delivering a variety of general goods
Secured cargo properly with weight evenly distributed; moved cargo carefully and safely within storage area
Pros
other benefits
Cons
travel long hours
Fun workplace
Checkout Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SCT30 May 2013
Tesco was great place to work and it was very fun work place. But same time tesco provide best customer service and for it always keep their employees happy with competitive salary and other benefits.
Pros
Salary which more compare to other supermarket in UK
Cons
Good work balance and flexible hours
Service team leader (Former Employee) –  London UK25 May 2014
Managing co-workers at the front end of the store environment and making it a pleasant experience for customers.

Team work , problem solving skills, customer relationship management and communication skills.

Management were approachable

My co- workers support each other.

The hardest part of the job was working long hours

The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on customer's face and achieving sales target.
Pros
Good training, career development and free food
Cons
Convenient work whilst completing my studies
Duty Manager (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NS23 May 2016
Flexible work to accommodated my busy study schedule. Great working environment. Everyone works together in a team to get the job done.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Shift work
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, UK7 February 2016
Good and fun work , nice team and a great management.
I learned a lot of things such time management, supporting my self,
work with my team, respect the others, solving the problems, also i learned how i deal with the customer and how to satisfied them with great work.
and how we fallow the law and the instruction. and how to do a good work.
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB9 January 2013
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Excellent place to work at
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2016
Loved working at Tesco- Unfortunately down-sizing due to the economy resulted in layoffs. Management always treated me well and gave me the freedom to accomplish my tasks relatively unsupervised which fit well with my prior experience of owning my own business
Pros
good pay, ability to work unsupervised
Cons
oil industry driven business
Good installations
Senior Commissioning Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2016
Tesco is a great company the people over there are friendly ready to help and work strong to complete the company goals and the environment is good also
Fun place to work for a young adult
Clothing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester27 September 2013
Typically I would work evening shifts so I would be responsible for tidying up the shop floor from the day, emptying the changing room rails and then restocking later that night.
I learnt a lot about the retail industry and also the importance of team work.
Because Tesco is a large company management often changed regularly so it was hard to keep a good relationship, so I would say this was the hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable part was offering my opinions on peoples outfit choices and giving other suggestions.
Pros
Free parking and staff discount
Cons
lack of career advancement
good workplace to develop skills
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2016
good co-worker relationships, good pay, good immediate supervisors. Supervisors are very approachable with any questions and concerns.....team work is nurtured.
Pros
mentorship by leads