Tesco
1,995 reviews

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work balance and flexible hours
Service team leader (Former Employee), London UKMay 25, 2014
Pros: good training, career development and free food
Cons: long hours
Managing co-workers at the front end of the store environment and making it a pleasant experience for customers.

Team work , problem solving skills, customer relationship management and communication skills.

Management were approachable

My co- workers support each other.

The hardest part of the job was working long hours

The most enjoyable part – more... of the job was putting a smile on customer's face and achieving sales target. – less
Sold out to the Americans and then sold off potential future money making key assets.... Sad!
Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2014
Pros: given creative freedom to achieve the required work result.
Cons: peers trying to take over your projects because of their lack of capabilities and competence
I was given the creative freedom to achieve what was required while working Top Drives, Casing Running and Casing Drilling Downhole Tools. Travelling abroad with Tesco was great and well organized. The sad part is having peers who their only mission is to get a bonus at the end of the year at all costs. When you are the one working for it and they do – more... nothing then openly tell you that several times to your face... – less
Never a dull day at work
General Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 7, 2014
Work at the office was never dull. The work was entertaining although the work environment was somewhat dull.
Overall good company, hard to keep managment, and office staff, everyone always changing position, quitting or getting fired.
Tonghand (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 12, 2014
Lackinging certain characteristics as a company, to big of a corporation attitude for what should be looked after as a small bussiness attitude, wheres as the employees are treatded more important, after all it really is the hands that make a Tong company.
Great Company
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Skilled in all aspects of recording transactions, posting cash receipts, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
• Managed Accounts Receivable, monthly statements for clients, monthly reconciliation of sub ledger / general ledger, prepared bank deposits and cash receipts, monthly reporting to finance manager.
• Reconciled – more... various G/L accounts, G/L entries, month end process. – less
Good place to work, if your not stuck in the shop.
CDS Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2013
Pros: good benefit package. good crew.
Cons: poor management
Tesco was a good company. Great if you are out in the field, not so good if you are stuck in the shop. Management isn't so great...bit of a bully, and very hipocritical !! Loved working in the field with the guys, great crew!!
Very productive and gained and inside look to help my career on its way
Clothing assistant (Former Employee), Upper BoatApril 19, 2013
Such an amazing company to work for, shame my work experience only lasted for 3 months. Enjoyed day to day work with my co-workers, and putting a smile on customers faces.
Productive, learned new challenges
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2013
Cons: long hours
At Tesco for 6 years, working for 4 years in Accounts Payable and then was given an opportunity to move to another position as a Technical Writer. I learned to use Framemaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as learning Sharepoint 2010, on my own.
The hardest part of my job as a Technical Writer was the self learning I had to do, however I enjoyed that – more... at the same time because I love to learn and research, given the time.
I was the volunteer coordinator for Meals on Wheels with Tesco, handling the scheduling and paperwork for Tesco's corporate responsibility of volunteering. – less
interesting work place
customer service (Former Employee), kioskMarch 22, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: late nights
I enjoyed meeting people,and working as part of a team while learning new skills.A typical day consisted of refunds,customer complaints,handling of cash and supervisor duties.Managment were fair and helfful and very supportive in my work.i enjoyed working with my co workers as part of a team and achieving targets set for us.the hardest part was not – more... being able to satisfy a customer.the best part was giving customer satisfaction. – less
productive friendly atmosphere
teamleader (Current Employee), pembroke dock south walesFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: shares in company
Cons: no overtime
2 a.m. start review what is on production planner for that day.begin production approx 3hours.we all work as part of a team,there are 9 of us all together .the hardest part of the job is long hours and the early starts.
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 9, 2013
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Challenging place to work
OOH - Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Essex ENGJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: wage rate
Cons: long break waste of time
Wage rate is good. unpaid long break is negative point.
challenging work place. You have got to work hard to achieve your targets.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SKDecember 2, 2012
Cons: can be bit repetitive at times
It is a good place to work as it allows for flexible working hours for students and encourages interaction with other co - workers aswell as customers where you learn about all new different cultures and personalities that can be put together.
Productive work place.
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
Busy typical day at work. Learnt about manufacturing and Great Plains software. Good management and fun place with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was year end inventory, staying long hours but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job and created more sense of team spirit within co-workers.
Great equipment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 28, 2012
Great Equipment
Great People but trying to grow too fast
A great company to work for.
General Assistant, Hardlines (Current Employee), Stourbridge, ENGAugust 19, 2014
A typical day at work at Tesco goes like this:
I arrive at work and clock in. I then have to find my team leader or manager to announce my presence and to find out my list of jobs for the day. Sometimes midday I am checkout relief, so I will hop on a till and serve customers until im no longer needed. Then carrying on with my list of jobs (either pulling – more... out back stock cages and replenishing those or working on labels for the home and health department making sure they are the correct size and in the correct location on the shelf) until my shift is over.
Tesco is a great place to work for, I've made some fantastic friends and learned a great deal. To be honest I don't have a particularly hard part of my job. I've been taught all the necessary skills I need to complete my job. The management team are all really approachable and helpful and my co-workers are always on the ball. I can count on them to do their jobs properly. my most enjoyable part of the job is working with friends, I get on well with my colleagues and thats a great part of the job. – less
fast paced work place
Cafe Assistant (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTAugust 19, 2014
a typical day in the tesco cafe, was very fast paced, making sure tables where clean, cooking of food, taking food temperatures, record keeping.

Here i leaned food hygiene was most important and the greeting of customers

my co-workers where very friendly

hardest part of the job was the very fast pace in which the cafe worked.

the most enjoyable – more... part of the job was alost the hardest and that was the fast pace. – less
Fantastic team
General Assistant (Former Employee), DudleyAugust 19, 2014
Pros: staff discount, pension and holidays
Cons: long days
Helping provide a positive experience for all customers
I learnt new skills across a wide range of departments including Options, Produce and Deli
Great teams, worked well together in absence of management, all team members knew their roles and what work needed to be done
Really enjoyed my training
Trainee Manager (Former Employee), Bathgate, SCTAugust 19, 2014
Overseeing all supervisors to ensure performance was where it needed to be.
Making up shift rota's
Attending and carrying out management meetings
productive and very social place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee), Newbury, ENGAugust 18, 2014
Pros: subsidised canteen, pool table
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work would be to sit on a checkout for nine hours and think about what your customers needs are, as every customer is different.
Ive learned the different types of customer and what type of shopper they are. I usually have quite a nice set of customers during my shift that come to me for excellent customer service.
Im currently learning – more... a bit about team leading and running the checkouts to improve my skills.
The hardest part of my job was speaking to my customers with a stammer, but usually overcome the fear soon enough.
The most enjoyable part of my job is coming into work and socialising with the customers. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more