Tesco Employee Reviews in Canada

work place with a challenging environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 9, 2016
I start the day with all previous day check up (sales/shrink/cash loss) and make sure store operation is 100 % with availability for customers to staff availability ... have a quick team briefing on where we are and what need to be done to achieve our targets, and make sure the team has the training and equipment to do there job.. learnt the art of management and respect co workers ... i take the one team approach and treat everyone fair and equal and enjoy everything in my job
Great Opportunity
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMay 25, 2016
Great opportunity for anyone willing to put in a solid effort. Loads of global advancement and local advancement. Competitive wages and knowledgeable management to help with career advancements.
Pros
advancement
Cons
market downturns :(
Excellent place to work at
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Loved working at Tesco- Unfortunately down-sizing due to the economy resulted in layoffs. Management always treated me well and gave me the freedom to accomplish my tasks relatively unsupervised which fit well with my prior experience of owning my own business
Pros
good pay, ability to work unsupervised
Cons
oil industry driven business
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, UKFebruary 7, 2016
Good and fun work , nice team and a great management.
I learned a lot of things such time management, supporting my self,
work with my team, respect the others, solving the problems, also i learned how i deal with the customer and how to satisfied them with great work.
and how we fallow the law and the instruction. and how to do a good work.
Great employer for my 13 year career
TOP DRIVE FIELD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Global, Asia Pacific, Europe, RussiaFebruary 1, 2016
Having joint custody of my two children ages 13 and 11 has made me realize the importance of supporting local economy and being close to the things we love them most, health and family.
Pros
Excellent opportunities to advance
Cons
Away from family to travel for work locations
Convenient work whilst completing my studies
Duty Manager (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NSMay 23, 2016
Flexible work to accommodated my busy study schedule. Great working environment. Everyone works together in a team to get the job done.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Shift work
Customer Service Executive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  scotlandDecember 14, 2015
I am lucky to be a part of the TESCO which is the biggest retail chain of EUROPE for few years as i was a student at U.K and during that period of time i was working at TESCO.

It was the first job of my life so that i can never forget it and i must admit that all managers of TESCO were very supportive and with helping nature.

once again I would love to meet you guys.

Miss u a lot.
A great place to work and a true meritocracy.
Product Owner (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 17, 2016
A great place to work and a true meritocracy. Due to the size of the company there are real opportunities to work with a diverse group of business functions. Co-workers are always able to help and there is a good hard working spirit.
Good installations
Senior Commissioning Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2016
Tesco is a great company the people over there are friendly ready to help and work strong to complete the company goals and the environment is good also
best place
Customer Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, ONMay 2, 2016
one of the leading food stores in world and brilliant place to work. with good pay and benefits which includes paid holidays.
Great job as Night worker
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Tralee, KYJanuary 7, 2016
- Always when I started work manager gived me instructions what must be done tonight,
- I learn how to work as teamwork and work fast but always stay focuse to.
Great culture of people first, training, and quality.
Materials Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
Great place to work. Training provided to entire staff. Excellent culture driven from top to bottom of organization. Focus of Lean and building quality reputation.
Profitable
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London ENSeptember 24, 2015
I was very busy and engaged, I worked in various different departments on several projects. I had the opportunity to lead and be creative, and take initiative on projects that taught others sales and marketing skills.
Great place and great people
Mechanical Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2015
I loved working with this company in Calgary. They got everyone involved, was treated with kindness and respect. I was actually enjoyable to be there and looked forward to it everyday.
Pros
People, training, atmosphere
Cons
Average pay
Fun place to work
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABSeptember 6, 2015
A Typical day at work is laid back. You come in do what you have to do and see if there is any other thing to do. When work was slow we were allowed to go home early and when it was busy we all put in the time.
Pros
free accomodation
Cons
not always busy
Intelectually challenging
Senior Administration-Health and Safety (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJune 29, 2015
This was my first administrative position and I was very happy to be given the opportunity to learn and be in charge of my own hours and organization of my office and work flow. Everyone was friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Independant work
Cons
Not enough pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, DApril 27, 2015
Customer orientated; put customer first, strive to maintain satisfaction and serve them with pride. Ability to answer questions in a prompt, polite and professional manner.
Help to ensure products and services are available for customers at all times.
Process incoming calls in a professional manner and relay messages.
Follows all company policies and processes, adhere to Health and Safety routines.
Supportes management and colleagues by helping in other departments, when needed.
Excellent and safe work place.With team atmosphere.Forklift operation,shipping ,receiving
Shipper / Receiver/Lift Truck Operator/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Early AM(4:30-5:30) daily forklift and warehouse equipment maintenance and safety checks.Unlock yard gates.Inspect incoming
deliveries and freight for correct amount and damages from previous afternoon shift .Put away in inventory with gun.Unload incoming trucks and couriers,load products.Put away ln inventory or deliver to manufacturing.At shift barring overtime clean warehouse and plug in all electric lifts .Nice to work there,with little supervision .Management was very supportive and appreciating of my work and diligence .Safety was first concern which made a comfortable place to be employed .Priority shipments coming in or shipped out were about the only red tape due to constant badgering from salesmen or manufacturing.
Overall the management ,supervisors and coworkers were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Lots of overtime, Trusting management with little supervision, Acknowledge accomplishments with awards and lunches, etc.
Cons
Sometimes to much demands repeatedly from different people.Other than that not much for cons.
Enjoyed the atmosphere
Underbalanced Drilling Well Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 7, 2015
Worked rotational out of the city in remote locations, while in the shop picked up welding and schematic reading along with general fabrication.
Pros
Freedom to learn on your own
Cons
Determined, skilled, highly disciplined, respectful and always enjoying the work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London UKFebruary 21, 2015
I tend to arrive to work early and prepare myself for the given tasks, prepare the workstation to ensure efficient and fast productivity; therefore braking away from social life and focus on the given tasks; co-workers tend to ask for help instead of regular 'chit-chat' the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things
Pros
always on time, respectful and can solve just about anything
Cons
need to finish task on time, double checking for errors, helping others in need, always helping a needing customer