Tesco
1,615 reviews

Tesco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall good company, hard to keep managment, and office staff, everyone always changing position, quitting or getting fired.
Tonghand (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 12, 2014
Lackinging certain characteristics as a company, to big of a corporation attitude for what should be looked after as a small bussiness attitude, wheres as the employees are treatded more important, after all it really is the hands that make a Tong company.
Learning experience, Different cultures
ANALYST/ FINANCE EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: free transport
Cons: work life balance
Got the opportunity to get hands on with budgets, variance analysis, coordinating with Directors in UK. Travelled to UK on work.
Productive and developing job.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Hexham , UKJune 18, 2013
Cons: unpaid overtime
A typical day in work well actually that was night I was working night shifts only so was very hard work. Most of my job depended on the shelf stocking and supervising my co-workers . Of course the main point was helping customers at night is quite a lot of them. I learn how to talk with the customers and find a good connections between them , and what – more... they want. The hardest part of the job was working at night, because you just don't have personal life. Is may sounds strange but in stressful situation I was calm and I was trying to sort the problems and I like that a lot. – less
Great Company
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Skilled in all aspects of recording transactions, posting cash receipts, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
• Managed Accounts Receivable, monthly statements for clients, monthly reconciliation of sub ledger / general ledger, prepared bank deposits and cash receipts, monthly reporting to finance manager.
• Reconciled – more... various G/L accounts, G/L entries, month end process. – less
Good place to work, if your not stuck in the shop.
CDS Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2013
Pros: good benefit package. good crew.
Cons: poor management
Tesco was a good company. Great if you are out in the field, not so good if you are stuck in the shop. Management isn't so great...bit of a bully, and very hipocritical !! Loved working in the field with the guys, great crew!!
Productive, learned new challenges
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2013
Cons: long hours
At Tesco for 6 years, working for 4 years in Accounts Payable and then was given an opportunity to move to another position as a Technical Writer. I learned to use Framemaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as learning Sharepoint 2010, on my own.
The hardest part of my job as a Technical Writer was the self learning I had to do, however I enjoyed that – more... at the same time because I love to learn and research, given the time.
I was the volunteer coordinator for Meals on Wheels with Tesco, handling the scheduling and paperwork for Tesco's corporate responsibility of volunteering. – less
productive friendly atmosphere
teamleader (Current Employee), pembroke dock south walesFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: shares in company
Cons: no overtime
2 a.m. start review what is on production planner for that day.begin production approx 3hours.we all work as part of a team,there are 9 of us all together .the hardest part of the job is long hours and the early starts.
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 9, 2013
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Challenging place to work
OOH - Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Essex ENGJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: wage rate
Cons: long break waste of time
Wage rate is good. unpaid long break is negative point.
challenging work place. You have got to work hard to achieve your targets.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SKDecember 2, 2012
Cons: can be bit repetitive at times
It is a good place to work as it allows for flexible working hours for students and encourages interaction with other co - workers aswell as customers where you learn about all new different cultures and personalities that can be put together.
Productive work place.
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
Busy typical day at work. Learnt about manufacturing and Great Plains software. Good management and fun place with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was year end inventory, staying long hours but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job and created more sense of team spirit within co-workers.
Great equipment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 28, 2012
Great Equipment
Great People but trying to grow too fast
Great job security, good pay and benefits. Difficult to get on.
Various Positions (Current Employee), DevizesApril 22, 2014
Pros: job security, benefits and great holidays
Cons: i found it hard to get on with my developement
I worked for Tesco for near 10 years. Working in different stores, across formats and in different roles. I worked extremely hard to make a career from Tesco and it didn't go in my favour. It did feel as though on a couple of occasions they take advantage of your position as a trainee manager, to save on wages and eek out the maximum they can and claim – more... "It's good for your development." While i believe that is it right to push you while you are developing, there is also a certain amount of structure and support that is required to help ensure to grow into a good asset of the company. There was an occasion where, i have been told by several colleagues, that there was no intention of signing me off at this particular store which was difficult.
Other than this i enjoyed my time working as a General Assistant and Team leader. i was treated with respect by my leadership team, and the working hours and pay was fair for the roles. A typical day of a Team Leader would usually consist of firstly checking the daily figures and walking your departments, getting your bearings for the day. So that you can plan in what needs to be done and delegate it our to your team. You'd also plan in the time to plan the rotas in advance and fill in the gaps with overtime where you can. – less
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), Reading, ENGApril 21, 2014
Pros: free water
Cons: long hours
VERY GOOD PLACE TO WORK, A GOOD MIX OF CULTURE WAS THERE. THE MANAGEMENT WAS VERY HELPFUL WHEN I HAD A PROBLEM AT WORK AS WELL AS MY SUPERVISORS.
very good working environment and remuneration
Duty manager (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 21, 2014
Tesco plc provide a multi cultural environment to work. it gives flexible shifts to have a perfect work life balance. job is rewards by excellent remuneration in addition other perks like sick leave, yearly holiday and other benefits.
Friendly and great place to work
Retail/ Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Felixstowe, ENGApril 21, 2014
Pros: gained experience in the retail industry
Cons: unable to secure job as it was a work placement
I my role at Tesco I would come into work and ask my manager what he wanted me to do as most of the time I would fill up the best sellers and give the other staff a helping hand .I learned more skills that I thought I did not have excellent customer service team player timekeeping able to keep to tight deadlines and very hardworking. I thought the management – more... was excellent as I always new what I had to do and the store was always running smoothly and we always had a joke and laugh. I did find out that an old friend from school actually worked there and the other staff were very friendly and easy to get on with. The most enjoyable part of my job is when a customer satisfaction is met which would mean I did my job as best as I could to help the customer. – less
Good company
Stock Control Manager-Part Time (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 21, 2014
Checking and receiving stocks,following up with main warehouse for the stocks.controling shrink level in the store.
Perfect job whilst studying.
Check-out Asst (Former Employee), Alfreton, ENGApril 20, 2014
A fixed weekly shift pattern meant worked around my studies at college meant that I didn't have to worry about attendance at either work or college. I gained huge confidence and experience working on the 'front end' of the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating regular customers who chose to come to my till, making me feel as though – more... I was doing something right. – less
enjoyable work environment
Check out assistant (Former Employee), carnforthApril 20, 2014
really fun to work at but very busy. I was only there for 6 months as it was a temporary position, but well I was there I got to know everyone and I made some good friends.
Fun workplace
Staff (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGApril 20, 2014
Pros: staff room and good hours
Cons: temp contract
At Tesco I developed allot of communication skills as well as cash handling, stock control, warehouse, wines and other skills whilst working the position, When i was working there I knew my job and what to do so it became easy to me as I am a very fast learner and feel I have to get skilled at my job as fast as possible so I don't need assistance and – more... can carry out my job fast and efficient. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more