Tesco

3.8K reviews

Tesco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, UKFebruary 7, 2016
Good and fun work , nice team and a great management.
I learned a lot of things such time management, supporting my self,
work with my team, respect the others, solving the problems, also i learned how i deal with the customer and how to satisfied them with great work.
and how we fallow the law and the instruction. and how to do a good work.
Great employer for my 13 year career
TOP DRIVE FIELD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Global, Asia Pacific, Europe, RussiaFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Excellent opportunities to advance
Cons: Away from family to travel for work locations
Having joint custody of my two children ages 13 and 11 has made me realize the importance of supporting local economy and being close to the things we love them most, health and family.
Excellent place to work at
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: good pay, ability to work unsupervised
Cons: oil industry driven business
Loved working at Tesco- Unfortunately down-sizing due to the economy resulted in layoffs. Management always treated me well and gave me the freedom to accomplish my tasks relatively unsupervised which fit well with my prior experience of owning my own business
Great job as Night worker
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee), Tralee, KYJanuary 7, 2016
- Always when I started work manager gived me instructions what must be done tonight,
- I learn how to work as teamwork and work fast but always stay focuse to.
Customer Service Executive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), scotlandDecember 14, 2015
I am lucky to be a part of the TESCO which is the biggest retail chain of EUROPE for few years as i was a student at U.K and during that period of time i was working at TESCO.

It was the first job of my life so that i can never forget it and i must admit that all managers of TESCO were very supportive and with helping nature.

once again I would love to meet you guys.

Miss u a lot.
Great culture of people first, training, and quality.
Materials Planning Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
Great place to work. Training provided to entire staff. Excellent culture driven from top to bottom of organization. Focus of Lean and building quality reputation.
Excellent and safe work place.With team atmosphere.Forklift operation,shipping ,receiving
Shipper / Receiver/Lift Truck Operator/Inventory (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Lots of overtime, Trusting management with little supervision, Acknowledge accomplishments with awards and lunches, etc.
Cons: Sometimes to much demands repeatedly from different people.Other than that not much for cons.
Early AM(4:30-5:30) daily forklift and warehouse equipment maintenance and safety checks.Unlock yard gates.Inspect incoming
deliveries and freight for correct amount and damages from previous afternoon shift .Put away in inventory with gun.Unload incoming trucks and couriers,load products.Put away ln inventory or deliver to manufacturing.At shift barring overtime clean warehouse and plug in all electric lifts .Nice to work there,with little supervision .Management was very supportive and appreciating of my work and diligence .Safety was first concern which made a comfortable place to be employed .Priority shipments coming in or shipped out were about the only red tape due to constant badgering from salesmen or manufacturing.
Overall the management ,supervisors and coworkers were a pleasure to work with.
Profitable
Customer Service (Former Employee), London ENSeptember 24, 2015
I was very busy and engaged, I worked in various different departments on several projects. I had the opportunity to lead and be creative, and take initiative on projects that taught others sales and marketing skills.
Fun place to work
Lead Hand (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABSeptember 6, 2015
Pros: free accomodation
Cons: not always busy
A Typical day at work is laid back. You come in do what you have to do and see if there is any other thing to do. When work was slow we were allowed to go home early and when it was busy we all put in the time.
Great place and great people
Mechanical Draftsperson (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 27, 2015
Pros: People, training, atmosphere
Cons: Average pay
I loved working with this company in Calgary. They got everyone involved, was treated with kindness and respect. I was actually enjoyable to be there and looked forward to it everyday.
Enjoyed the atmosphere
Underbalanced Drilling Well Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Freedom to learn on your own
Cons: None
Worked rotational out of the city in remote locations, while in the shop picked up welding and schematic reading along with general fabrication.
Intelectually challenging
Senior Administration-Health and Safety (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJune 29, 2015
Pros: Independant work
Cons: Not enough pay
This was my first administrative position and I was very happy to be given the opportunity to learn and be in charge of my own hours and organization of my office and work flow. Everyone was friendly and easy to work with.
Changes in Management
QHSES Coordinator Tubular Services/Top Drive (Former Employee), GP, Red Deer, Edmonton, Hinton, Fort NelsonMarch 27, 2015
I left this company due management changes occurring to frequently.
I have several different bosses in a short period of time.
Tesco
Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2015
Went into work made sure all the pick tickets were printed off, receiving, shipping was set up for the day.. Did the safety meetings.
Determined, skilled, highly disciplined, respectful and always enjoying the work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London UKFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: always on time, respectful and can solve just about anything
Cons: need to finish task on time, double checking for errors, helping others in need, always helping a needing customer
I tend to arrive to work early and prepare myself for the given tasks, prepare the workstation to ensure efficient and fast productivity; therefore braking away from social life and focus on the given tasks; co-workers tend to ask for help instead of regular 'chit-chat' the most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things
Wasted time you will never get back out of your life
Power Tong Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: on call 24/7, management is incompetant, disorganised, dishonest, unprofessional, greasy, slime balls, a joke
First off I will say, the job its self i'snt that bad except for being on call 24/7 but the money is great. The office staff/management are about the greasiest group of slime balls your going to meet. As im sure your going to read in the other reviews that people left, your co-workers are good people. As for the office/management side of this company, I have personally never worked for a worse company, the most incompetent, disorganised , unprofessional, dis-honest group I have ever met. Seriously a group of high school kids could run a the office better. Mainly im speaking about the Red Deer office, but Grand Prairie is just as bad if not worse. I'm writing this review in complete honesty , in hopes you will not waste your time apply for this company. Before i started i was warned by 3 previous people that worked there and i thought well it cant be bad, trust me its worse i was not prepared for what i was about to get myself into. Its time you'll never get back, your just going to quit sooner or later like everyone does that works there, the turn over rate is 6-12 months (again that is not because of the job) its because of management. There impossible to deal with/handle. Do your self a favour and run as fast as you can away from this company.
Busy fast paced work place
E-commerce logistics coordinator (Former Employee), scotlandFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: staff discounts
Cons: poor management
Most days would involve dealing with staff and customers giving clear guidelines for the day and communicating with all partys.
I learnt alot from the role i was in eg: how online logistics work with customer based focus.
The team i worked with were a great bunch.
Hardest part of the job would have to be when problems would come up, so dealing with said problems could be tricky at times.
Enjoyable part would be happy customer feedback.
Traveled a lot which was great.
Top Drive Technician - Rental Division (Former Employee), Leduc, ABOctober 7, 2014
Pros: well looked after on a lot of things
Cons: pay first and get reimbursed.
Field work was nice and traveled outside Canada to U.S and Russia. Those experiences were great
Good work balance and flexible hours
Service team leader (Former Employee), London UKMay 25, 2014
Pros: good training, career development and free food
Cons: long hours
Managing co-workers at the front end of the store environment and making it a pleasant experience for customers.

Team work , problem solving skills, customer relationship management and communication skills.

Management were approachable

My co- workers support each other.

The hardest part of the job was working long hours

The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on customer's face and achieving sales target.
Sold out to the Americans and then sold off potential future money making key assets.... Sad!
Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2014
Pros: given creative freedom to achieve the required work result.
Cons: peers trying to take over your projects because of their lack of capabilities and competence
I was given the creative freedom to achieve what was required while working Top Drives, Casing Running and Casing Drilling Downhole Tools. Travelling abroad with Tesco was great and well organized. The sad part is having peers who their only mission is to get a bonus at the end of the year at all costs. When you are the one working for it and they do nothing then openly tell you that several times to your face...