Tesco
2,255 reviews

Tesco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work balance and flexible hours
Service team leader (Former Employee), London UKMay 25, 2014
Pros: good training, career development and free food
Cons: long hours
Managing co-workers at the front end of the store environment and making it a pleasant experience for customers.

Team work , problem solving skills, customer relationship management and communication skills.

Management were approachable

My co- workers support each other.

The hardest part of the job was working long hours

The most enjoyable part – more... of the job was putting a smile on customer's face and achieving sales target. – less
Sold out to the Americans and then sold off potential future money making key assets.... Sad!
Technician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2014
Pros: given creative freedom to achieve the required work result.
Cons: peers trying to take over your projects because of their lack of capabilities and competence
I was given the creative freedom to achieve what was required while working Top Drives, Casing Running and Casing Drilling Downhole Tools. Travelling abroad with Tesco was great and well organized. The sad part is having peers who their only mission is to get a bonus at the end of the year at all costs. When you are the one working for it and they do – more... nothing then openly tell you that several times to your face... – less
Never a dull day at work
General Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 7, 2014
Work at the office was never dull. The work was entertaining although the work environment was somewhat dull.
Overall good company, hard to keep managment, and office staff, everyone always changing position, quitting or getting fired.
Tonghand (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABApril 12, 2014
Lackinging certain characteristics as a company, to big of a corporation attitude for what should be looked after as a small bussiness attitude, wheres as the employees are treatded more important, after all it really is the hands that make a Tong company.
Great Company
Document Controller (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
• Skilled in all aspects of recording transactions, posting cash receipts, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
• Managed Accounts Receivable, monthly statements for clients, monthly reconciliation of sub ledger / general ledger, prepared bank deposits and cash receipts, monthly reporting to finance manager.
• Reconciled – more... various G/L accounts, G/L entries, month end process. – less
Fun workplace
Checkout Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTMay 30, 2013
Pros: salary which more compare to other supermarket in uk
Cons: no
Tesco was great place to work and it was very fun work place. But same time tesco provide best customer service and for it always keep their employees happy with competitive salary and other benefits.
Good place to work, if your not stuck in the shop.
CDS Operator (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 6, 2013
Pros: good benefit package. good crew.
Cons: poor management
Tesco was a good company. Great if you are out in the field, not so good if you are stuck in the shop. Management isn't so great...bit of a bully, and very hipocritical !! Loved working in the field with the guys, great crew!!
Productive, learned new challenges
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 27, 2013
Cons: long hours
At Tesco for 6 years, working for 4 years in Accounts Payable and then was given an opportunity to move to another position as a Technical Writer. I learned to use Framemaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, as well as learning Sharepoint 2010, on my own.
The hardest part of my job as a Technical Writer was the self learning I had to do, however I enjoyed that – more... at the same time because I love to learn and research, given the time.
I was the volunteer coordinator for Meals on Wheels with Tesco, handling the scheduling and paperwork for Tesco's corporate responsibility of volunteering. – less
productive friendly atmosphere
teamleader (Current Employee), pembroke dock south walesFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: shares in company
Cons: no overtime
2 a.m. start review what is on production planner for that day.begin production approx 3hours.we all work as part of a team,there are 9 of us all together .the hardest part of the job is long hours and the early starts.
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 9, 2013
Excellent and great team to work with as well as great benefits
Challenging place to work
OOH - Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Essex ENGJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: wage rate
Cons: long break waste of time
Wage rate is good. unpaid long break is negative point.
challenging work place. You have got to work hard to achieve your targets.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee), Aberdeen, SKDecember 2, 2012
Cons: can be bit repetitive at times
It is a good place to work as it allows for flexible working hours for students and encourages interaction with other co - workers aswell as customers where you learn about all new different cultures and personalities that can be put together.
Productive work place.
Cost Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryNovember 19, 2012
Busy typical day at work. Learnt about manufacturing and Great Plains software. Good management and fun place with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was year end inventory, staying long hours but at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job and created more sense of team spirit within co-workers.
Great equipment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 28, 2012
Great Equipment
Great People but trying to grow too fast
Fun workplace
Customer service assistant (Current Employee), Milton KeynesNovember 23, 2014
Pros: /
Cons: short break
The staff are lovely
The boss is very miserable
I love the customers and the job
Productive dynamic workplace
Cashier/Shop Assistant (Current Employee), St. HelensNovember 21, 2014
Pros: overtime is always available
Cons: split shifts across different departments
A typical day at work consists of starting at 5pm and doing 'Job 14', a task which involves checking stock on various departments and removing items that are on the current date along with scanning items and quantities of them for tomorrows review. Due to the departments we have to cover on this job it takes most of the shift, with us often having to – more... reduce items that are on todays date in order for them to sell and therefore reduce waste for the store.
I've been taught how to check stock and reports on the computer, along with being highly competent in using the tools required for my job, such as a PDA.
I work closely with my team members, with there being at least 2 of us on a shift which has increased my teamwork and communication skills. – less
Daunting Place And Full of Bullying
Sales Rep (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 21, 2014
Abused,bullied,Management do not care about staff,customer service just poor,duty of care not existing,just horrible
Must be focused but very fun atmosphere
Customer Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee), Milton Keynes, ENGNovember 20, 2014
Pros: 10% discount, cheap prices for food in staff room and friendly environment
Cons: early hours, large work loads to manage and dealing with customer negativity at early hours
The day starts with clocking in for my shift and then signing out a PDA and or printer ready to start overstock investigations along with my co worker of the same position as mine. We then have our timetables on our persons as well as on a notice board in our office. We then review our to do list and organise it accordingly to our time limit and begin – more... checking stock on floor and in warehouse, as well as updating stock levels and labelling back stock to show current stock states.

Managers in Tesco are fair, strict yet fun people. They find a good balance of communicating with employees on a personal level as well as being able to be decisive on giving our tasks and the details we need to know to complete them in. By being able to help their employees in such effective ways, we learn how to be organised ourselves, communicate better with one another, learn to respect each other for our efforts and become more technologically experienced after the use of computers and PDAs within our positions.

Along with me and one co worker doing the OSI and low line investigations, we have two members performing the gap scan on both sides of food stock control, fresh and grocery. We do these jobs separately from another as gap scanners require a lot of time on their own to search and investigate multiple isolated issues within lines of stock over large areas such as entire departments or isles.

The hardest part of this job is the amount of concentration required for it as it's a job done between 6am to 11am of which I arrive at 5.30am to be early for work. This is a very early time to be awake and concentration is hard to achieve, but I have managed to work efficiently on a regular basis regardless of the time. On the flip side, the best part or most enjoyable part of this job is having a good team of employees who are friendly and help each other out even if they are busy themselves. – less
Clothing
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), StockportNovember 19, 2014
Pros: parement
Cons: short hours
I Work at Tesco a typical day at work is where I work at clothing.

My typical takes are where I help the customers with their questions and help find their sizes and help them with anything over things that I can help them with.

I put stock out and sort delivery out in the warehouse.

I help out on checkout when I am needed.
Communication skills
Checkout Cashier (Former Employee), Kosice, SlovakiaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
In this work, I had to talk to different people and try to understand them as much as I can. Also, I met new people which I enjoy doing. However, the hours were really long and the payment wasnt as good.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more