Tervita Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent place to work for, with an unpredictable future
Project Cost Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 27, 2015
Like any place, Tervita has it's goods and bads. Some days are busier than others, so sometimes it's hard to plan ahead. Direct management is great but the same cannot be said about corporate.
Professional Work Place
Field Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurraySeptember 8, 2014
My day to day duties consist of helping the Project Managers and Project Coordinators through the lifecycle of any given projects. I create Purchase Orders in order to get our vendors paid. I also invoice to our clients. My duties also consist of providing detailed reports to management in regards to utilization of personnel & equipment, payroll entries, and much more.

I learned to work with a very good program which is PeopleSoft. It has made me more efficient in doing my job.

The Management team is amazing, they are there to help us.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am part of a great team of efficient and knowledgeable people from who I can learn from.
Pros
love the people i work with, feels like a team.
Cons
not utilized to my full potential
Productive, open communication, great people to work with
Regional Safety Advisor of Southern Alberta (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 20, 2014
Tasks involved:
 Promote and coach compliance with Tervia’s Corporate Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) program “Safety matters in all that we do” at the field level
 Ensure operational compliance with client requirements and provincial OH&S regulations
 Be cognizant of and adhere to any site specific safety requirements
 Partake in all safety related meetings including: daily tail gates, weekly safety meetings, site specific safety plans (SSSP), per-work hazard assessments, job hazard assessments (JHA)
Support:
 Spend time in the field working with supervisors and employees – coach them on safety related activities
 Provide support during the investigations (Tap Root) incidents and near misses while ensuring proper follow up and implementation of corrective actions
 Provide support and steward to Project Managers and Senior Management on Health and Safety related activities
 WCB information for project managers, supervisors and customers, as requested
 Assist the project management team with the safety advise when bidding on projects

Managing Health and Safety:
 Administer Tervita’s Disability Management Program and coordinate WCB activities, as required
 Assist in maintaining safety equipment, documents and manuals
 Conduct internal and external safety audits
 Assist in maintaining OH&S record keeping system, including tracking of incidents / accidents, training, trending and statistics
 Provide assistance in creating, maintaining and update Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
 Where required, coordination of PPE supplies by working with local suppliers

Reporting:
  more...
 Complete initial Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) claims reports
 Report and investigate incidents and near misses while ensuring proper follow up and implementation of corrective actions
Pros
great co-workers, full benifits
Cons
work/ life balance/passion for the job
Provide many hours of work but allowed for very little time to rest.
Labourer/Drillers Hand on Anchor and Piling Rigs (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2015
This job was great for making a lot of money in a short amount of time. However it provided very little time to rest and required very long work hours.
good place to work
Loader Operator/ Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 9, 2015
good hours
co-workers were very helpful
management was ok
keep busy throughout the day
safety wasn't the best
facility wasn't up to par
Pros
home every night
Cons
pay
Great work life balance
Regional Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sherwood park ABMay 3, 2015
Monthly flex days for personal use.
No OT and flexible working hours.
Great team to work with, everyone had special talents that we all shared and were able to collaborate with. This made for a strong team that was able to learn from one another.
Good Company to work for
Lead Operator (Interim TRD Manager) (Current Employee) –  Central AlbertaMarch 18, 2014
Typical day is always busy, need to make management decisions all the time and to make sure one is doing the right thing.

Change happens daily, suck it up and deal with it.

I belive i have had good managemtn people above me and i like to belive i am a good manager also.

Co-workers are usually fun to be around, if not make a atmosphere that is.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with change, and adapting to dealing with everyone's problems.

Move enjoyable part of the job is when co-workers or my direct reports remind myself of how good of a job we/I have been doing. Makes you know that you/we are doing the right thing and making the busniess successful and other progression other people to be successful to reach there goals.
Good crews
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 21, 2015
Not a bad company to work for, usually treat their employees prretty good. would work for them again if I could. There's just not a lot of work right now.
Great office level support for field workers.
Rig Manager/Tool Push (Current Employee) –  Blackfalds AlbertaFebruary 27, 2015
I have been working in SAGD heavy oil. There has been an incredible slow down and Tervita has no work. The equipment is always maintained and in good shape. The quality of workers has been good too. The hardest part of working for Tervita is the lack of steady work. The most enjoyable part is when you do work the rigs are usually top notch.
Pros
nice rigs.
Cons
lack of sales, no work.
Great but not fun to work with employees
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, ABApril 16, 2015
I loved my job but the atmoshpere was all wrong and clicky. I learned a lot and it was a great place to do so. Managment was flacky and liked not to deal with the matters at hand.
Pros
Wages and expierence
Cons
Staff
Had an interview
Employment applicant (Former Employee) –  CalgaryJanuary 8, 2015
Had an interview a month ago and was talked out of the job during the interview. Told it was a 'challenging environment' and that they were going through a lot of change, difficult people to work with etc. etc. I left feeling like it was a total waste of time and that I was not being taken seriously as an applicant. On top of this, I never received even a thanks for showing up note. No follow-up whatsoever.
used to be a good place to work, changes were made in Acheson.
Rig manager (Former Employee) –  Acheson, abDecember 29, 2014
Not a good place for boilerhands, have to put up with new boiler operations manager
a normal winter was 90-120 days work, lucky to get 30 days a winter now
job dependant on many factors, i.e. salesman, past performance and safety factor, oil industry itself.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
boiler operations manager, you can fail a drug test and if you pass it later on they still hire you
Completely Unorganized!
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 15, 2013
Very high expectations for below average pay.
Certain management have no respect for employees.
They will lie to you during interview of your role.
Organization was horrific.
Sludge pad employees are underpaid.
Promises of lots of work at the beginning.
Pros
it's a job.
Cons
it's not a career.
Discouraging
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Management is lacking. Promises aren't kept to the employees. When questions about your next possible project come up you are answered with vague information.
Great people to work with
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary,ABMarch 19, 2015
Alot of work, I learned a great deal, Loved the people I worked with and enjoyed the customers I dealt with and they enjoyed me.
Cons
early hours short days but 8 hours
Challenging projects surrounded by great employees.
Project Coordinator- 2nd Work Term (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSJanuary 9, 2013
My position of Project Coordinator required extensive team work at the job site for the completion of various tasks. As a result, communication skills were also improved upon as I reported to the Project Manager while communicating with fellow employees to gain information to complete tasks well before deadlines. I was surrounded by co-workers that wanted to complete the work at hand in an ethical manner. Both sides would offer each other help when required making for a friendly and enjoyable working atmosphere. Ultimately, the knowledge and experience I had gained was invaluable and I am looking forward to bigger roles in my engineering future.
Communication
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2015
The communication between the field people and office people are very poor. Office people does not know anything about the field people work and they are deciding without asking the front line workers.
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  FortMcMurray.ABMarch 1, 2014
I enjoyed my job with Tervita but I agree with some other postings that the management was not the best. No communication with employees and I found supervisors had no real ambition to help equipment operator to advance.
I left for personal reasons a few years back but I did gain lots of experience and got to work all over Alberta.
Pros
company truck, always something new, good staff
Cons
poor management
Business Analyst 10 + Years of Global Manufacturing & Oil and Gas experience
Sustainment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2014
Analytical, solutions-focused professional with extensive experience planning, developing, and implementing strategic measures to enhance gathering of business requirements in global manufacturing and Oil and gas environments. Well-rounded expertise in safety compliance and good practices. Proven track record utilizing a fact-based, process-oriented approach towards reaching aggressive goals in support of cost, profit, service and organizational objectives.
General Construction Laborer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSJanuary 29, 2015
Clean up of a hazardous waste site 8 hours per day and forty hours per week.