Tervita is a leading North American environmental and energy services company. Our 4,000 dedicated employees partner with natural resource and industrial companies who share our values and work with them to create a sustainable future. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions, guides our decisions and shapes our culture. We maintain a strategically located network of more than 95 state-of-the-art waste management facilities and a fleet of specialized equipment and assets to help customers address production and operational waste challenges. Our highly effective, convenient and environmentally sound solutions help minimize environmental impact and maximize returns.
A privately-held company, we’ve been known for the past 25 years by the brands of our founding companies: CCS, Hazco, Beck, Concord and others. By joining together our individual expertise, experience, assets and services, we are uniquely positioned to develop integrated project management solutions and provide customers easier access to our broad range of comprehensive services.
The Financial Analyst TEM is an integral part of the Finance team and is involved in the daily, monthly, quarterly and annual financial activities for the Energy Marketing business. This includes accrual, reconciliation and analysis, crude oil settlement, accounts receivable management, and reporting requirements. The candidate should have experience with and knowledge of crude oil pricing and settlement, and be able to develop business relationships within the company and externally in industry. This position will grow to include accountability for TEM inventory, cash forecasting, reporting, maintaining internal controls, preparing accruals and ensuring CSOX and IFRS compliance on assigned contracts.
CEM Daily, Monthly and Quarterly Accounting Support
- Participation in monthly crude settlement process;
- Communicate with Energy Marketing suppliers and customers to address settlement-related matters;
- Responding to auditor requests;
- Preparing corporate journal entries, accruals and adjustments related to settlement;
- Responsible for monthly inter-company balancing and reconciliations related to CEM accounts, such as accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions;
- Miscellaneous filing and administration, as required;
- Assist with annual budget planning, process and compilation;
- Assist with corporate reporting monthly consolidation as needed;
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required from TEM commercial team.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business Degree or Diploma;
- Have completed or are working towards accounting designation – CMA, CGA;
- Knowledge of the crude oil marketing business, include pricing, lease and stream transactions, and equalization;
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement improvements to current business processes;
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to process and model financial information;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on customer service;
- Effective management skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skill sets in Excel;
- Self-motivated and able to function in a team environment.
Tervita is a leading North American environmental and energy services company. Our 4,000 dedicated employees partner with natural resource...