Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to this executive, as well as assist the HR Directors as needed. The successful candidate will also work closely with fellow administrative assistants in multiple departments on joint projects.
As a key member of the Human Resources team, this position is responsible for providing executive administrative support to the Vice President including scheduling meetings, making travel plans, writing correspondence and reports, providing research, preparing presentations, and budgeting with strict discretion and confidentiality.
- Management of Vice President’s calendar as well as day-to-day schedule management.
- Coordination and administration for booking meetings, ordering catering, distributing agendas and meeting materials, arranging travel and team activities.
- Monitoring incoming calls, requests, and correspondence and courteously dealing with all by handling, delegating or responding appropriately.
- Document and correspondence management, including managing the online and paper files, team Sharepoint site(s), managing distribution lists, mail merges, labels, etc.
- Financial/accounting reporting, including preparing expense reports, processing invoices and cheque requests; preparation of monthly accruals relating to HR cost centres.
- Working closely with the Vice President and other contributors, prepares and assists in the development of Board materials/presentations.
- Builds and manages key internal relationships across the organization, including head office and field operations.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service and effectively research, recommend solutions and solve problems.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability in exercising judgment, discretion, while maintaining confidences.
- Proven organization skills to organize workflow, identify urgent work, multi-task, and set priorities.
- Comfort with handling a heavy workload, simultaneous projects, and the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Track and direct work of self and others to critical dates to ensure deliverables are met and planned for well in advance of deadlines.
- Research and evaluates options, makes recommendations to increase results and decrease costs.
- Assistant with events management (e.g. United Way, Stampede, Christmas) as required.
- Other general administrative and communications duties as required.
Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of and competency in requisite knowledge, skills and abilities will be qualifying.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years prior executive administrative support experience; experience in the energy industry would be an asset.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite products, including a high proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarly with Sharepoint is also required. Experience with HR systems/ERP systems is an asset.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills enabling the effective management of multiple projects or initiatives across a geographically-dispersed workforce while ensuring work is completed on time, with a high attention to detail and quality.
- Strong integrity and experience working with confidential information. The ability to communicate openly, with professionalism and transparency is a key success criteria.
- Collaborative work style able to function effectively under pressure in a deadline-driven environment. A positive, “can-do” attitude.
- The ability to manage complex and multi-layered reporting and collegial relationships across time zones and geographic distances.
- The ability to assess and handle sensitive and complex situations and issues with diplomacy, tact and skill.
- Ability to change gears quickly, analyze and assess and make appropriate recommendations both internally and externally. Prioritize multiple tasks accordingly with an ability to see the big picture.
- Flexible mindset that is comfortable with and embraces change, diversity, and ambiguity.
Please visit http://tervita.com/careers and apply to job requisition #10641
Indeed - 21 months ago
Tervita is a leading North American environmental and energy services company. Our 4,000 dedicated employees partner with natural resource...