Terrapure Environmental Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
I love this company now that we are in our own.
Transportation (Current Employee) –  Western Canada23 November 2017
Love that we are now Terrapure and we are growing. Yes it is so we can be sold. But that is the name of the game. A lot of the day to day is what you make it. You can enjoy where you work or hate it. I love it. Salaries are always in need of inprovements. But we are paid well and have an amazing benifit package and match our RRSP.
We could always get better equipment to use but most is in is in good working order.
Sometimes as we grow it is hard to really know what is happening and does the left hand know where the right hand is and what it is doing?
In saying that I am sure you will always find that in any big company.
Would I recommend Terrapure to a friend? For sure. I have said it already that I love working here and want us to continue to grow.
Pros
Paid is good. Matched RRSP. Great benifits.
Cons
Sometimes employees, dont understand we are working for a great company, they just dont like their jobs, Or just dont like working
Employeur médiocre
Opetateur, eaux (Former Employee) –  Châteauguay, QC18 October 2017
Entreprise "broche à foin" qui investi peu dans les outils pour aider les employés à faire leur travail. N'est pas préoccupé par la sécurité des employés.
Milieu de travail stimulant, mission de l'entreprise et confreres/consoeurs
Superviseur des opérations (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Catherine, QC12 September 2017
Outre l'environnement de travail qui demande a s'y habituer. Travailler chez Terrapure a été un plaisir. Le groupe de gestionnaires est collaborateur et coopératif. Les travailleurs sont faciles et pour la plupart très mobilisés. La culture d,entreprise, bien qu'a amélioré quelque peu, est très bien implanté.
Pros
conditions de travail (rémunération et avantages)
Cons
environnement de travail (Plomb)
top heavy management
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 March 2017
if you like working with tattletales, whiners, and babies i invite you to work there. worst place i ever worked. Management lie to your face and talk behind your back.
Pros
Cons
everything
good co-workers, poor upper management, below industry standard wages
transportation operator (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC12 January 2017
Co-workers were overall good to work with, upper management does not care about on ground employees, branch manager was not given leeway to do his job as they were always micro managed by regional manager. Why even have a branch manager if they are not allowed to manage. Good variety of work. Old equipment that needs to be updated(most vehicles 10+ years old and worn out)
Pros
Home most nights, weekends off, good benefit pkg
Cons
long hours, upper mgmnt does not care about on the ground workers even though lip service to the contrary
High-paced work with tons of work experience around friendly co-workers.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS28 May 2016
Traveling to and from various locations in Halifax and Dartmouth on a daily basis to complete scoped jobs for customers in a timely manner. A lot of hands-on work outside working with equipment, vehicles and tools. I learned about the high-paced, fluctuating oil/gas industry and how to succeed. I gained valuable work experience with Terrapure that will help me in my future careers. Although Terrapure tries hard to compete in the industrial services industry, poor management and lack of planning is their downfall.
Pros
Co-workers, Work Experience
Cons
Long hours, Travel, Management, Lack of Planning
Day at Terrapure
QC Laboratory Technician/Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2016
Working in a fast paced environment where we received large volumes of industrial oily water and processed the oily water through the waste water treatment system.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
lack of proper tools
Fun place to work but No room for advancement
Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2016
It is a fun place to work with a good group of guys but upper management shows really lack of motivation and refuses to try and improve on things or new ideas, No room for advancement as they have gotten rid of positions and will not hire people in replacement.
Pros
home every night good schedule
Cons
no room for advancement kills motivation
Productive and fun
plant operator (Former Employee) –  brantford ontario10 November 2015
Great job good benefits, home every night.there is a positive outlook from management and they seem to be more open now under Terrapure then previously under Newalta.
the mistakes made by the former leaders are still being felt and were never repaired.
friendly environment
Operator (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB10 September 2015
nice, friendly, relaxed. more and new to learn. enjoy working for this company. people care each other and help when you ask. Management is the best in professional way

Want to know more about Terrapure Environmental?

Ask a question
Very Good Experience
Lab Technologist / Lead hand (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 June 2015
My time at Terrapure Environmental was an excellent experience in analytical skills, problem solving, and instrumental analysis.