Downtown Calgary Apartment Building Seeking Building Maintenance Worker
Position: F/T Permanent.
Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm. (Earlier start times available.)
Alternate emergency on-call duties every other week.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on plumbing and electrical systems.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on appliances.
- Repair drywall. Painting.
- Monitor and maintain building systems and swimming pool.
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance.
- Maintain building inventory; price check and order necessary maintenance supplies with management approval.
- Maintain a tidy and organized maintenance shop.
- Garbage removal.
- Assist in monitoring all outside work done by contractors.
- Ensure vacant apartments are made ready for occupancy.
- Assist building cleaners when required.
- Snow removal or minor grounds keeping when required.
- Follows all company emergency procedures. Ensure safety standards which comply with all company, local, city, provincial and federal guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work assigned hours as scheduled.
- Must be able to use hand tools.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of building maintenance including electrical, heating, HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, etc.
- Must be physically fit; sitting, standing, bending and lifting heavy objects is required.
- Preference given to those with driver's license and reliable vehicle.
- Successful criminal background check.
Please respond to this ad with resume and salary expectations.
Sorry, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Resumes accepted until March 31, 2013