At terra20, we had a really simple idea – to make finding sustainable, eco-friendly products transparent and easy… and to make these products the standard, not the exception. Intrigued? Explore a better way with us at terra20.
Join a brand new retailer as a key member of our management team! terra20 is currently seeking an Assistant Store Manager to support the terra20 retail team ensuring all our customers have first-rate experiences in both our store and with our product offering. If the prospect of this opportunity excites you, please apply now to learn more!
Role & Responsibilities
As an Assistant Store Manager you are enthusiastic about customer service, passionate about our products, and thrive in a team environment. You are an active leader on the sales floor, a beacon of inspiration and a fountain of knowledge for both your staff and our customers. Reporting to the Store Manager, you love the idea of working for a company dedicated to environmentally sound and healthy products and services for its customers. You are inspired by the idea of “exploring a better way” and creating a fun work environment where education and sales go hand-in-hand.
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the store in partnership with the store leadership team. This includes shared leadership accountability for revenue, sales targets, inventory management, scheduling, hiring, orientation, training, and overall staff performance and development.
- Act as an ambassador for terra20 by building a positive work environment exemplifying the terra20 culture.
- Develop, motivate and retain a team of high performing retail staff - lead and inspire the team to optimize store sales and profitability through their increasing knowledge of our products, local market conditions and the evolving needs of our customers.
- Provide prime ship of specific product categories including Home Solutions, Pet Care, Cleaning, and ecobar. This includes overall responsibility for the mechanics, stocking and mixing of our state-of-the-art ecobar facility.
- Responsible for building security (systems and staff training), and health and safety initiatives (including Joint Health & Safety Committee, equipment, workplace inspections).
- Ensure the store is always in excellent condition for our customers by maintaining fully stocked sales spaces, and proper facility maintenance (cleaning, supplies, heating, cooling, lighting).
- Thrive on building lasting customer relationships.
- Create an environment of trust by encouraging open, constructive, two-way feedback with the retail team, colleagues and management team by agreeing upon clear goals and expectations, and conducting follow-ups.
Qualifications & Requirements
Success in this role requires excellent leadership and customer skills, along with the determination and enthusiasm to continually learn and teach others about the environmentally sustainable industry and terra20 product choices.
- Qualified applicants will possess a minimum of 5 years customer service experience in a retail industry, including 1-2 years previous retail management experience.
- Experience in maximizing store profitability and managing all store financials including inventory control, budgets, loss prevention, cycle counts, etc.
- Ability to prioritize and organize your work and the work of others to make the most efficient use of time available.
- Excellent customer service and product knowledge.
- Passion for environmentally sustainable products and/or business practices and an enjoyment for continuously deepening your understanding of environmentally sound and healthy products and services.
- Ability to work retail hours including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events within a fast paced work environment (travel outside of the district may be required).
- Bilingualism (English and French) would be an asset.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume by email.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.