For 14 years Terra has served young dads and is committed to ensuring they have every opportunity to participate positively in the lives of their children. We support the development of positive parenting skills to foster healthy parent child relationships and also provide support to address housing, education/ career planning, custody or other matters of concern that impact on parenting.
Note: As role modeling positive father-child interactions is a critical component of the work, recruitment for this competition is limited to male applicants.
- Manage a caseload of young dads and their children, providing services in-home and through community visits.
- Conduct intake with new participants.
- Provide parenting education and support; guidance in adapting to the role of fathering child development information; custody and access support; career and life skills planning; community linkages and referrals.
- Participate in planning group activities for families.
- Conduct advocacy on behalf of and with young dads.
- Participate in inter-agency collaboration and service planning.
- Degree/Diploma in the Human Services Field.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with high risk youth.
- Understand the complex needs of young dads.
- Experience identifying appropriate community resources.
- Strong advocacy skills required.
- Knowledge of child health and development and positive parenting strategies.
- Proficient in computer skills and data base use.
- Reliable vehicle to transport participants and their children.
Compensation: $38,000 to $42,000 per year plus benefits.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your résumé and a cover letter describing why the position is of interest to you.
Submit your application no later than July 31, 2010